Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress, how can that be, I've literally never seen anyone talk about it after the day it came out. Where's my goddamn season 2 of Dark Crystal Netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The first half of the first season of Locke and Key was pretty interesting but I felt the ending was pretty lame.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Servant is dumb and annoying with OHHHHH creeepy music! meh

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Keyser_Soze posted:

Servant is dumb and annoying with OHHHHH creeepy music! meh

Yeah I'm over it

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

bull3964 posted:

Locke and Key Season 2 Oct 22nd.

https://youtu.be/j6bsSANYz14

I remember literally nothing from the first season. Not the plot, not the characters and definately not the ending. I think it involved a door?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You can’t diss Servant until you’ve seen the episode where they open a fake pizza place

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

What

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Servant is an excellent horror comedy -- more horror than comedy, but god it knows how to be funny. Lauren Ambrose is loving perfect too.

loving love that show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It’s called “Cheezus Crust”

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s called “Cheezus Crust”

Glee did it first :smug:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Anyone watched that Better than us show on Netflix?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Like the above poster I've been watching Better Call Saul, I'm enjoying myself, but I do feel the show can be somewhat self indulgent regarding it's camerawork, not to say that it is bad far from it, but certain scenes e.g. the border crossing in season 2 seem as if they're far too long and padding. I'm only in season 2, but the show also seems to lack confidence?, if that makes sense, Breaking Bad never seemed to me to be living up to or competing with anything else, whereas Saul constantly seems to be trying to both live in and escape the shadow of it's predecessor.

That said Rhea Seehorn I believe her name is is doing a fantastic Job as Kim. Truly a delight to see on screen, the way she presents her self to her clients, Jimmy, Hamlin, and Chuck are different but striking. I'm glad she didn't have to wait until she was elderly like Mikes actor to be truly discovered, and have her talent drawn out.

Mikes sections I actually feel are the worst, He was good in limited amounts in BrBa, but putting so much focus on him makes him feel too much like an impossibly competent actor, seeing as he is so old it strains credibility that so many button men would find it impossible to just off the fucker or gain the upper hand.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Better Call Saul, for all its strengths, has a real problem with overindulgent editing and just generally poor pacing. If you think it's bad on the binge, just imagine watching it one episode a week.

Also the Mike segments can be pretty much be freely skipped if you're not a fan. They're all just building to stuff you've already seen and you already know from watching Breaking Bad.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

ive come to the conclusion that yes, Russian sexbots do in fact pwn

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Open Source Idiom posted:

Servant is an excellent horror comedy -- more horror than comedy, but god it knows how to be funny. Lauren Ambrose is loving perfect too.

loving love that show.

I’m with you on this take. It a fun show to watch and each episode is only half an hour. Ambrose deserved an Emmy nod.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it works significantly better as camp than as a legit horror show. And s2 is a step up.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

pentyne posted:

Seasons 1-3 are so painfully network TV it hurts. It succeeded in no small part to its terrific cast and their chemistry.

Also it very much transcends the source material in that names aside there is no similarity. The only real link is that its the same Lucifer in the DC tv universe.

Man I was sad to see that. Huge fan of the comic. By the second act of the pilot when Lucifer is being Sherlock in a ritzy crime scene I noped out and never looked back

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shageletic posted:

Man I was sad to see that. Huge fan of the comic. By the second act of the pilot when Lucifer is being Sherlock in a ritzy crime scene I noped out and never looked back

Speaking as someone who loved the comic and felt very much the same as you during the first episode, I think it turned out okay as long as you're able to distance yourself. I really enjoyed the show, though I'm the one person that actually liked the procedural crime solving bit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bull3964 posted:

Locke and Key Season 2 Oct 22nd.

https://youtu.be/j6bsSANYz14

What was that blank and blank tv show from the mid to late 10s. I never saw it, i think it got cancelled

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Uhhh, there’s probably a bunch. Hap and Leonard?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Simon and Simon? Jake and the Fat Man? Cagney and Lacey? Laverne and Shirley? The Scarecrow and Mrs King?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Rizzoli and Isles? Tenspeed and Brownshoe?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Turner and Hooch! Shawn and Gus.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Don't forget Franklin & Bash

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Medullah posted:

Speaking as someone who loved the comic and felt very much the same as you during the first episode, I think it turned out okay as long as you're able to distance yourself. I really enjoyed the show, though I'm the one person that actually liked the procedural crime solving bit.

Honestly I liked the procedural stuff a million times better than Lucifer pining over ~*The Detective*~ or really any of the celestial beings on the show being the densest mother fuckers imaginable about emotions/relationships.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1438529312723017728

Security to the loving transporter room

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The fact that Koenig is a really sweet old man makes it even funnier. Surely someone somewhere in the production process must have noticed and for whatever reason decided not to tell him.

Or maybe he’s in on the joke.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Escobarbarian posted:

Uhhh, there’s probably a bunch. Hap and Leonard?

Yeah this is probably it. Hey michael K williams too. Bummerino

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The fact that Koenig is a really sweet old man makes it even funnier. Surely someone somewhere in the production process must have noticed and for whatever reason decided not to tell him.

Or maybe he’s in on the joke.

Are we sure there aren't several chapters about 70s Hollywood sex patties?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
New episode of Lower Decks

Holy gently caress, i never expected to see ARMUS again

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

feedmyleg posted:

Are we sure there aren't several chapters about 70s Hollywood sex patties?

Are sex patties like peppermint patties?

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are sex patties like peppermint patties?

It gives me such a thrill, it's nice
And it's a guy for a girl, or a girl for a guy
Try one tonight
Now I just can't wait, till I get home tonight
I got three for $10.99
No sex can be safer
It's a pill, wrapped in a little piece of paper
Real nice

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/vineyille/status/1438597025956773896

what the gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Paul Eiding!?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I have vague memories of that show being advertised.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I didn't recognize a single other person in that opening but I recognized Paul Winfield's voice as a soon as he uttered his first word. Weird.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol just lol if haven't beamed your balls planet side for the biggest edging in the universe

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I watched every episode of that poo poo when it was on you kids don't know what having 5 channels and no recording was like

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Winfield may have originated the role but Giancarlo made it is his own :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8