Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Hey Duckman, I think I'm probably going to need/want to call you - need to port my wife's work phone and number from ATT to my existing Verizon family plan. She's been out on maternity leave and apparently been accruing grumpy emails about the company discontinuing their work phone policy.

I guess we should chat via PMs first? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

maduin posted:

I realize the answer is probably, 'Eh, who knows!?' but how likely is it that Verizon keeps this $700 device trade-in deal around after the new iPhones are released? We just moved and need to drop AT&T for Verizon, but I'd rather not buy an iPhone 12 right as it's about to be obsoleted.

Well, they already changed it for upgrades, but that said, at first it’s very likely they’ll do either a trade in, and/or a BOGO because early iPhone launch tends to have decent promos.

It does vary, but there are 4 times of the year that tend to have great deals: iphone launch, Black Friday, the week before Christmas, and randomly Mother’s / Father’s Day (for whatever reason they’re always super busy).

iPhones will be in the next two weeks for sure. Btw, if you have any questions, want a referral code, or need help ordering , please feel free to PM.

Endless Mike posted:

The answer is probably 0%, but I hope it's 100% since I am in the same boat. I'll still take whatever they'll give me for my iPhone X, though.

Same thing, you need help and / or a referral, let me know. I can even be fancy and even call and help you order directly if need be.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 4, 2021

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Alarbus posted:

Hey Duckman, I think I'm probably going to need/want to call you - need to port my wife's work phone and number from ATT to my existing Verizon family plan. She's been out on maternity leave and apparently been accruing grumpy emails about the company discontinuing their work phone policy.

I guess we should chat via PMs first? Thanks!

Yup, can help there.

In general, 1. Is she keeping the same phone ? 2. Will the company give her the account number and PIN number to directly switch, or is it just a number release ?

To switch directly to another carrier, you need the account # and pin # . Most companies, mostly rightfully so, will not just give out that info. So they release it, your wife moves to her own personal ATT account, which has an account number and PIN number snd then you just switch same day to Verizon. FYI ATT bus is closed on weekends, so this may have to be a Monday thing.

But yeah, PM, I can help there. I work Monday and Tuesday as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Same thing, you need help and / or a referral, let me know. I can even be fancy and even call and help you order directly if need be.
I might take you up on that! I may hold out until Black Friday, if the promo at launch isn't great. I just had my iPhone 11 Pro replaced under warranty so I have a fresh battery and am not really needing it immediately.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I might take you up on that! I may hold out until Black Friday, if the promo at launch isn't great. I just had my iPhone 11 Pro replaced under warranty so I have a fresh battery and am not really needing it immediately.

Word. Yeah, Black Friday promo is usually better, although as always we shall see.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
My Ma's Prepaid plan recharged and billed yesterday, but today her phone wasn't working all day today, so I looked at the website and there was a yellow flag saying "Add Funds" etc. The online chat rep did something or other and filed a trouble ticket and then credited the account $10 for the inconvenience. That's darn good service for a Sat evening!

She's getting a great deal with this plan so I hope I can keep her in it for a while.

caluki
Nov 12, 2000
I'm trying to find a decent phone around the $300 mark for a family member who lost theirs. They have an existing Verizon plan and I want to get something to them as quickly as possible. The Galaxy A32 looks about right, and it seems like the international version is much easier to find with fast shipping. I figured since it's dual SIM it would operate fine with Verizon, but this listing says not compatible. Is that correct? https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Disp...703&sr=8-8&th=1

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

caluki posted:

I'm trying to find a decent phone around the $300 mark for a family member who lost theirs. They have an existing Verizon plan and I want to get something to them as quickly as possible. The Galaxy A32 looks about right, and it seems like the international version is much easier to find with fast shipping. I figured since it's dual SIM it would operate fine with Verizon, but this listing says not compatible. Is that correct? https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Disp...703&sr=8-8&th=1

Yup, A32 doesn’t work on Verizon.

If they have a postpaid plan it would be worth calling in, sometimes Verizon will have a discount to offer (sometimes not).

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I'm about to travel to Europe and am trying to add the International Travel Plan for $100/mo.

Every time I try to add it, I get this error:

"Please try after sometime

Your request could not be processed at this time. Please try again later."

Is there any reason you know of that I can fix myself, or am I better off just calling the international number in the OP? or any other suggestions on how to activate this without spending forever hours on hold or in a store?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hedgecore posted:

I'm about to travel to Europe and am trying to add the International Travel Plan for $100/mo.

Every time I try to add it, I get this error:

"Please try after sometime

Your request could not be processed at this time. Please try again later."

Is there any reason you know of that I can fix myself, or am I better off just calling the international number in the OP? or any other suggestions on how to activate this without spending forever hours on hold or in a store?

Yeah, it’s probably just a glitch. Call international directly at (800) 711-8300, hopefully it isn’t a long hold time.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, it’s probably just a glitch. Call international directly at (800) 711-8300, hopefully it isn’t a long hold time.

Thanks! First call they told me they couldn't pick a start or end date, I just had to turn it on immediately. When they put me on hold to activate it, my phone disconnected from Verizon entirely and I couldn't get back online. Like 30 minutes later I was able to connect again and the next person was able to schedule the start and end dates.

Not the most ideal experience but I think I'm all set. Appreciate you!

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Need a second opinion: I just jumped from T-Mobile to Verizon due to real crappy service at my new house, the rep at the store was like “oh do more is the one I recommend blah blah blah”, and kinda misrepresented what the Disney deal for Do More was. I have a cellular Apple Watch as well as my single iPhone, should I stick with the Do More plan that he put me on, or jump to Play More to actually get the Disney bundle instead of just a teaser of Disney+? I know I end up paying Verizon 5 bucks more, but I also save on not having to pay for Disney+ since I already do pay for a subscription.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Buff Hardback posted:

Need a second opinion: I just jumped from T-Mobile to Verizon due to real crappy service at my new house, the rep at the store was like “oh do more is the one I recommend blah blah blah”, and kinda misrepresented what the Disney deal for Do More was. I have a cellular Apple Watch as well as my single iPhone, should I stick with the Do More plan that he put me on, or jump to Play More to actually get the Disney bundle instead of just a teaser of Disney+? I know I end up paying Verizon 5 bucks more, but I also save on not having to pay for Disney+ since I already do pay for a subscription.

Yup, you are correct, play more will give you the Disney package free indefinitely , only thing you will lose is the half off the watch line, so your plan will go up $5. You can switch it in the Verizon app or call care to switch it for you.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Duckman2008 posted:

Yup, you are correct, play more will give you the Disney package free indefinitely , only thing you will lose is the half off the watch line, so your plan will go up $5. You can switch it in the Verizon app or call care to switch it for you.

I did end up switching to play more, of course now my bill estimator for my first month is showing me paying for a month of do more, then a month of play more all in one month.

that totally makes sense.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Buff Hardback posted:

I did end up switching to play more, of course now my bill estimator for my first month is showing me paying for a month of do more, then a month of play more all in one month.

that totally makes sense.

Bill estimator is usually comically wrong, but the actual bill should print right. any issues care should credit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So, Apple will give me $700 off an iPhone 13 Pro with trade-in of my iPhone X, and use the Verizon monthly payments (to bring it down to $9.99/month for 30 months). Is it safe to assume Verizon will have a similar deal if I order direct from them? I have something like $150 in device dollars I'd like to use, but if there's not as good a deal, I'll just order from Apple (but it seems strange that Verizon wouldn't offer the same deal) and use the device dollars on a Watch or something.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

So, Apple will give me $700 off an iPhone 13 Pro with trade-in of my iPhone X, and use the Verizon monthly payments (to bring it down to $9.99/month for 30 months). Is it safe to assume Verizon will have a similar deal if I order direct from them? I have something like $150 in device dollars I'd like to use, but if there's not as good a deal, I'll just order from Apple (but it seems strange that Verizon wouldn't offer the same deal) and use the device dollars on a Watch or something.

I worked a half day today (shifting my shift to the weekend for obvious reasons), but I did log back in to check for you. Not too surprising, nothing yet, but usually Verizon announces their promos next day after announcement.

FYI the current promo is $700 towards the 12, so It’s logical that they’ll do the same promo and just do it towards the 13. Which would then of course let you use your device dollars.

I’ll check in tomorrow , and PM me your cell number and I’ll send you a referral text code.

This goes for anyone here, if you PM me, I can send you a referral code. No obligation, but it does help me for the record. Also, I work in the sales center, so if you need more help than online, I can also call you and literally help you order it. I don’t start until 8am eastern, so online opens sooner than I do.

I’ll be keeping an eye on stuff and posting here.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
FYI the Verizon iPhone 13 promo is $700 trade in towards the 13 mini, $800 towards the 13 or higher.

New and upgrades , uncommon upgrades get that high.

Trade in has to be iPhone X or higher, the 8 / 8+ and lower get a lower trade in of about $300-350. Damage does not affect trade in value.

Have to be on a “premium unlimited” plan.

If anyone has any specific questions post or PM. If anyone is ordering via Verizon online feel free to PM and I can send a referral code, or I can call and help you order it directly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

FYI the Verizon iPhone 13 promo is $700 trade in towards the 13 mini, $800 towards the 13 or higher.

Trade in has to be iPhone X or higher, the 8 / 8+ and lower get a lower trade in of about $300-350. Damage does not affect trade in value.

If anyone has any specific questions post or PM. If anyone is ordering via Verizon online feel free to PM and I can send a referral code, or I can call and help you order it directly.

Awesome, DMing you my phone number and one last question

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I’m still on the “The new Verizon Plan Unlimited” which despite the name is fairly old. Would that promo still apply?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dancing Peasant posted:

I’m still on the “The new Verizon Plan Unlimited” which despite the name is fairly old. Would that promo still apply?

That is the older one, so you won’t get $800, it would more be like $350.

How many lines do you have, and are you doing autopay with a checking account ?

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Duckman2008 posted:

That is the older one, so you won’t get $800, it would more be like $350.

How many lines do you have, and are you doing autopay with a checking account ?

PM sent, to continue this convo.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Just waiting for the Pixel 6 to drop then I will be reaching out for a code, thanks for all you do here Duckman!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

Just waiting for the Pixel 6 to drop then I will be reaching out for a code, thanks for all you do here Duckman!

Appreciate it, and absolutely !

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So here’s a new thing. FYI Verizon is opening up for online (and only online) preorder….before the preorder for the 13. Starting at 1201am Thursday, you can place an online preorder for whichever one, and if I’m ready it right it basically queues your pre order up where it does not go through Thursday, but then auto processes on regular pre order time which I believe is Friday at 8am eastern.

Sounds like Apple is doing it (I don’t know if they did this last year), def the first year Verizon is doing it.

I can’t do orders on Thursday, but I can send referral codes for it.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Awww man, I was actually thinking of upgrading from my X to a 13 pro for that discount, until I saw this

Duckman2008 posted:

We are on an old plan so we would not get the $800 off. Oh well, I can wait.

Thanks Duckman for doing an amazing job. You helped me get the X and have helped with multiple issues before. May the referrals be plenty for you!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

So here’s a new thing. FYI Verizon is opening up for online (and only online) preorder….before the preorder for the 13. Starting at 1201am Thursday, you can place an online preorder for whichever one, and if I’m ready it right it basically queues your pre order up where it does not go through Thursday, but then auto processes on regular pre order time which I believe is Friday at 8am eastern.

Sounds like Apple is doing it (I don’t know if they did this last year), def the first year Verizon is doing it.

I can’t do orders on Thursday, but I can send referral codes for it.

This isn't working. It's not 12:01 PST or something is it? Guess I'll check again in the morning.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Awww man, I was actually thinking of upgrading from my X to a 13 pro for that discount, until I saw this

We are on an old plan so we would not get the $800 off. Oh well, I can wait.

Thanks Duckman for doing an amazing job. You helped me get the X and have helped with multiple issues before. May the referrals be plenty for you!

Just to check, do you have more then or less than 5 lines ?

Here’s the thing with the $110 unlimited. Def a good plan *if you are ok with auto pay with bank account, new plans are around the same up to 5 lines. If you’re at 6-10 , yeah maybe a different story.

Anyway, either way thanks for the input , I appreciate it !

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Just to check, do you have more then or less than 5 lines ?

Here’s the thing with the $110 unlimited. Def a good plan *if you are ok with auto pay with bank account, new plans are around the same up to 5 lines. If you’re at 6-10 , yeah maybe a different story.

Anyway, either way thanks for the input , I appreciate it !

We are at 4 (two phones, an iPad and an Apple Watch). We already do auto pay.

We are on the $80 12GB plan (with 4 bonus GB) with $10 number line share access, 2 $20 smartphone line access, and a $10 tablet line access.

Including device payment for iPad, 19% access discount and taxes/fees/surcharges, our monthly bill comes to $166 or so.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

We are at 4 (two phones, an iPad and an Apple Watch). We already do auto pay.

We are on the $80 12GB plan (with 4 bonus GB) with $10 number line share access, 2 $20 smartphone line access, and a $10 tablet line access.

Including device payment for iPad, 19% access discount and taxes/fees/surcharges, our monthly bill comes to $166 or so.

Ah yes, Nevermind that’s gonna be cheaper than the unlimited plans unless you are military , teacher , nurse or first responder, or you are lucky and there is a random loyalty discount offer available targeted towards your specific plan. FYI it’s worth calling care and seeing if a loyalty discount for unlimited is there, mileage absolutely varies but it’s been there a good bit recently.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Also, audit your account for "gotcha" add-ons like Verizon Cloud storage. >.>

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Ah yes, Nevermind that’s gonna be cheaper than the unlimited plans unless you are military , teacher , nurse or first responder, or you are lucky and there is a random loyalty discount offer available targeted towards your specific plan

I am a teacher (non-union) but I thought that the teacher discount was the 19% too.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I am a teacher (non-union) but I thought that the teacher discount was the 19% too.

Oh word, yeah on the old plans you get a 19% discount, on the new plans you would file for the updated code for teachers and it would get you $25 off.

So your current plan:
$80 - $16 = $64
$20 + $20 + $10 + $10 = $60
Total: $124

Do more unlimited: do more discounts the watch and iPad lines
$70 + $70 - $25 = $115
$10 + $5 = $15
Total: $130

So yeah, unlimited is now close to the same price as what you are paying. You would re upload your teacher ID to Vzw.com/teachers , only do this if you move to new plans, new code doesn’t discount old plans.

Falco
Dec 31, 2003

Freewheeling At Last

Duckman2008 posted:

I'm not seeing anything about condition of the trade-in being listed on Apple's site other than "Trade in an eligible smartphone to get even more trade-in credit" and "Requires trade-in of eligible device in eligible condition." Is there any way to confirm damage doesn't impact the trade in value? I've got a great condition 11 Pro, but I'm curious if I could buy a cheap X, and use that as the trade in instead and sell the 11 Pro separately.

Also my current phone (11 Pro) is on a payment plan with a Play more plan until the first week of November. Do I need to wait until then to place my order for a 13 without forfeiting the discount on the 11 Pro? And do you happen to know when these trade in promo's are slated to expire?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Falco posted:

I'm not seeing anything about condition of the trade-in being listed on Apple's site other than "Trade in an eligible smartphone to get even more trade-in credit" and "Requires trade-in of eligible device in eligible condition." Is there any way to confirm damage doesn't impact the trade in value? I've got a great condition 11 Pro, but I'm curious if I could buy a cheap X, and use that as the trade in instead and sell the 11 Pro separately.

Also my current phone (11 Pro) is on a payment plan with a Play more plan until the first week of November. Do I need to wait until then to place my order for a 13 without forfeiting the discount on the 11 Pro? And do you happen to know when these trade in promo's are slated to expire?

I can’t speak to apple’s website, but with Verizon damage is fine, it just has to be able to have find my iPhone turned off, and battery not overheating / swelling. Also, not on the list / stolen list of course. So yes, any iPhone X meeting those standards , traded in within 30 days of purchase, qualifies.

Early upgrades don’t get the trade in, so you have to buy out your 11 Pro first, then upgrade. If you’re getting a discount on said 11 Pro, you’ll lose the last 1-2 months of the promo, but if you are planning on keeping the 13 for 2 years it’s worth it in my opinion.

The promo is listed as all month, but they pulled it early last time, so I absolutely wouldn’t guarantee it goes all month. $800 is pretty rare for upgrades , so it’s now or Black Friday as best times to upgrade.

If you are ordering via Verizon’s website feel free to PM me your cell number and I’ll send a referral link to you.

For everyone in general: I’m working pretty much all day tomorrow , and a good bit Saturday and Sunday. Anyone that has a preorder issue, you can PM me and I can call and order it for you. For Friday morning I have a few people (here and not here) queued up, so timing wise it’s kind of as fast as I can engineer them.

I’m always here on the side to help with billing issues and such too, but I def can’t do that over the phone this weekend. Only sales.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

So I've got about 300 dollars left on my att note 10 plus and looking at the 13 pro 256 gb. So would that 800 dollars cover the cost of switching or would it just be discounting the new phone?

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy
Hello hello - In the past I’ve had an annual upgrade option where I’ve been able to trade in my current iPhone for the newest model at 50% of the device payment agreement. This year, the option is there but greyed out, giving me an error about needing to activate the device I’m looking to trade in and calling the 800-number if I have any questions. I had a rear enclosure replacement done on my phone at Apple for some cellular issues a couple of months ago, which gave me a new IMEI. My assumption is that because the IMEI of my “replacement” is different than what’s in the device payment agreement Verizon’s system recognizes this as a separate device and won’t allow the early upgrade. Is this correct and is there any way of fixing it for online purchases? I called 800.922.0204 and spoke with someone super nice but they weren’t able to correct it and told me I’d have to call in for the early upgrade as it was allowing her to process it no problem. I’d really like to avoid having to call in for pre-orders, I assume the main customer service line will probably be swamped.

Thank you!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LionYeti posted:

So I've got about 300 dollars left on my att note 10 plus and looking at the 13 pro 256 gb. So would that 800 dollars cover the cost of switching or would it just be discounting the new phone?

The $800 goes towards the phone, but they are also running a buyout of up to $500. So you qualify for both.

You have to do play more unlimited , and you have to keep your number (which I assume you want to do anyway). You’ll get the $800 towards the 13 pro. The pro 256 is $1100, so it’s $45 a month over 2 years , and you’ll get a $33 credit over 24 months (so $12 a month).

Don’t buy out your note , ATT will send you a final bill. You upload it to Verizon, and Verizon will send you a gift card if the exact amount, $300 or whatever.

PM me your cell for a referral , if you need me to order for you I can call you tomorrow, timing wise will just vary slightly because it will naturally be very busy.

Speaking of which:

bulbous nub posted:

Hello hello - In the past I’ve had an annual upgrade option where I’ve been able to trade in my current iPhone for the newest model at 50% of the device payment agreement. This year, the option is there but greyed out, giving me an error about needing to activate the device I’m looking to trade in and calling the 800-number if I have any questions. I had a rear enclosure replacement done on my phone at Apple for some cellular issues a couple of months ago, which gave me a new IMEI. My assumption is that because the IMEI of my “replacement” is different than what’s in the device payment agreement Verizon’s system recognizes this as a separate device and won’t allow the early upgrade. Is this correct and is there any way of fixing it for online purchases? I called 800.922.0204 and spoke with someone super nice but they weren’t able to correct it and told me I’d have to call in for the early upgrade as it was allowing her to process it no problem. I’d really like to avoid having to call in for pre-orders, I assume the main customer service line will probably be swamped.

Thank you!

You want me to call you tomorrow and process this for you ? If so PM me your name and number. FYI I can’t call right at 8, I have a few appointments already, but within the first few hours probably.

To confirm: as long as your phone has no damage and it’s the same model and storage size i shoulld be able to do it fine. Tbh you probably can’t do it online, the system will likely keep freaking out.

Reminder that early upgrade means you can continue to trade up every 12 months, but you get that promo instead of a trade in promo. I figure you know this, but just letting you know.

Reminder for you and everyone : what you pay on an order is sales tax and $35 upgrade fee. I’m sure everyone assumes this, but I absolutely cannot waive any fees or charges.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Thanks for your help as always. Do you have the loyalty number handy by any chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

The $800 goes towards the phone, but they are also running a buyout of up to $500. So you qualify for both.

You have to do play more unlimited , and you have to keep your number (which I assume you want to do anyway). You’ll get the $800 towards the 13 pro. The pro 256 is $1100, so it’s $45 a month over 2 years , and you’ll get a $33 credit over 24 months (so $12 a month).

Don’t buy out your note , ATT will send you a final bill. You upload it to Verizon, and Verizon will send you a gift card if the exact amount, $300 or whatever.

PM me your cell for a referral , if you need me to order for you I can call you tomorrow, timing wise will just vary slightly because it will naturally be very busy.

Dm'd you with my number and situation