Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's awesome how Danielson's theme is the perfect speed for a slower YES chant along with the groove.

Next week's cards are truly loving ridiculous. These are free tv shows lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

I Before E posted:

It took Christian 6 months to get in position for a world title match, far from immediate.

Yeah the team TAZ mini feud did save him from being straight on the "road to gold" from the start. But he did get his shot pretty quick though that was also intentional, Kenny and don moaned, he won the TNA title.

For that same reason, the fact that they protected the AAA belt on Kenny when they wanted to throw it to Andrade also makes me think they might have him going over Danielson. Which is fine honestly since that is a loving dream match and it doesn't really matter who wins.

IF they really wanted to show that they weren't to quote Face Hero Chris Jericho "vaginas" about it they should have kenny knock him cold in 10 seconds and hit his lifeless body with the OWA stand on his chest and flex at the soft camera while shouting "YOU RUN NEW YORK? WELL WE'RE IN YOUR HOUSE PACKING THE SEATS BROTHER SQUASHING YOUR FED STOOGES, HOW YA LIKE THEM APPLES" to assert dominance.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Am I the only one who finds the coloring on the shirt oddly fleshy?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Someone more talented than me take one of these two images and create the HobbsChamp Emote

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

magiccarpet posted:

Holy poo poo I have second row tickets for next week.

My girlfriend is somehow unimpressed.

:sever:

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Maigius posted:

Am I the only one who finds the coloring on the shirt oddly fleshy?

its pizza, she's a pizza hater

explosivo posted:

It's awesome how Danielson's theme is the perfect speed for a slower YES chant along with the groove.

Next week's cards are truly loving ridiculous. These are free tv shows lol.

there was a PPV what 3 weeks ago? its good that coward tony knows he wants to get all of his mega signings on TV asap.

anyway cannot wait for the match of the week next week Miro The Redeemer vs CAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrZA4uYPhcE

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I must have missed it being run down on the card at the end but when is mox/kingston v suzuki/archer? next week's dynamite I'm guessing?

man.. so many great matchups.. what a time to watch wrestling

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

DuhSal posted:

I must have missed it being run down on the card at the end but when is mox/kingston v suzuki/archer? next week's dynamite I'm guessing?

man.. so many great matchups.. what a time to watch wrestling

it’s on elevation

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

its pizza, she's a pizza hater

there was a PPV what 3 weeks ago? its good that coward tony knows he wants to get all of his mega signings on TV asap.

anyway cannot wait for the match of the week next week Miro The Redeemer vs CAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrZA4uYPhcE

It was actually a week and a half ago.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

gently caress that should’ve been what the screen faded out to. drat you coward Tony! He just likes tempting fate with the immortal god of murder.

Love this company. Suzuki-Gun getting over with North American fans, Nick freakin Gage on national television, Eddie Kingston and 2.0 in the bigtime and getting love, Super Kliq, Punk comes back and we get Kenny Omega versus the American Dragon! Not even talking about Excalibur rocking on commentary with Taz and Tony Schiavone or Sting getting the respectful Vet treatment he should have gotten twenty years ago. Seriously love how AEW rewards me for liking this wrassling thing. I hope New Japan is liking this treatment as I’d love to see the two feds relationship grow.

Great Dynamite. Cole vs Kazarian took me back and was a banger. Dante is insanely talented and… can he even drink? Didn’t he JUST start wrestling. Seriously hope people start comparing him to Ricochet except for the sad tendency to lick boots. Really like watching him and I always like Sydal. FTR in this and the later segment are still drat good old school heels. Feel bad I ever doubted them. The nasty pile river to Sting actually had me worried as it looked SICK. Malakai Black segment didn’t really thrill me but I kinda want Black to move on from the Codyverse. Punk versus Team Taz is a good spot and kinda hoping Ricky Starks is Punks first loss. Danielson non title is perfect for Omega. If the Dragon gets even close it will make Omega unhinged and even more desperate to prove himself. Page wins the gold and that would provide the opportunity for the Kliq/amount Rushmore to boot his crazy rear end out. My only real complaint is Suzuki-Gun should have been standing tall as we closed out the show. Minor complaint on a great show.

Few questions. Is Sting ok? I know, I know… “silly mark” but the little kid in me is biting his nails with worry as that looked brutal. Has Hook actually had matches? I watch most Dark but might have missed that. Isn’t he like 17? How long has Dante wrestled? I remember they said BPJ has only been at it three years but Dante is already so smooth and I can’t recall him ever being sloppy.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

DogsInSpace! posted:

Few questions. Is Sting ok? I know, I know… “silly mark” but the little kid in me is biting his nails with worry as that looked brutal. Has Hook actually had matches? I watch most Dark but might have missed that. Isn’t he like 17? How long has Dante wrestled? I remember they said BPJ has only been at it three years but Dante is already so smooth and I can’t recall him ever being sloppy.

Dante has been wrestling since 2016 so he's actually got more experience than Pillman. Hook has never wrestled, at least not on camera.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Just got back from the show, did our making Jake Hager corpse with our terrible Judasing get to air

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
hager is cooler than hook

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also that crowd did not want to boo Adam Cole, he's gonna have to beat up Schiavone more or something

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeathChicken posted:

Also that crowd did not want to boo Adam Cole, he's gonna have to beat up Schiavone more or something

He may have gotten the biggest pop of the night.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

WatermelonGun posted:

.... this is not showing respect to the FTW lifestyle

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

WatermelonGun posted:

wtf

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Pylons posted:

Kenny vs. Danielson 20 minute time limit draw imo Bonus points if Kenny hits the OWA with not enough time left to pin.

This but it's Omega in the Labelle Lock and the question is would Omega have tapped if Bryan had a few more seconds. To set up the rematch for the title.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

WatermelonGun posted:

:mods:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WatermelonGun posted:

Hager has been extremely underrated in 2021 wrestling no one but Wardlow and acting like a buffoon. I will be voting him Most Improved in the Observer Awards.

But Hook is better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Dang Dad posted:

Been watching Twin Peaks Season 3 again and realized who I think Adam Cole reminds me of a little...

Can't wait to see Adam Cole's horrified face when he tries to shoot on Malakai Black only for a bunch of John Silvers to race out and pull an orb with Dr. Luther's screaming head in it out of Tommy's guts.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

explosivo posted:

It's awful and I hope every fan who does that is banned for life from ever attending an All Elite Wrestling event again. It's disrespectful to the talent and people working to do some weird hockey chant at a wrestling show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

Yo, what the gently caress. I wanted to post the most insane opinion in this thread this week.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hook is going to take either Best Rookie or Most Overrated in the WON awards.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Did we come off suitably crazy? Crowd was wild all night

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Senerio posted:

Did we come off suitably crazy? Crowd was wild all night

That was probably the loudest pop for Adam Cole I've ever heard.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I couldn't hear a word of that MJF promo over 13,000 people yelling for him to shut the gently caress up

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DeathChicken posted:

I couldn't hear a word of that MJF promo over 13,000 people yelling for him to shut the gently caress up

Yo same

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cody promised the Newark fans a special event when Blood and Guts got postponed but in all the craziness this summer they couldn't book a special event for today. So Tony just let the boys say poo poo 20 times to send the fans home happy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Cody promised the Newark fans a special event when Blood and Guts got postponed but in all the craziness this summer they couldn't book a special event for today. So Tony just let the boys say poo poo 20 times to send the fans home happy.

Chuckie T's failure to check his work emails bites him on the rear end yet again!

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

HulkaMatt posted:

Someone more talented than me take one of these two images and create the HobbsChamp Emote

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ten gifted subs? Show them some love. Hobbschamps in the chat.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

finally got home, loved the shows, elevation slapped, dynamite slapped, rampage slapped, my only issue was sitting one seat over from a guy who i am 1000% sure has been posted in the Chris Regal thread at some point

he was the dipshit screaming about WWE poo poo that nobody responded to and spent the whole show talking about how he's been trolling people online and that this was the worst wrestling he's ever seen in his life

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

DogsInSpace! posted:

gently caress that should’ve been what the screen faded out to. drat you coward Tony! He just likes tempting fate with the immortal god of murder.

Love this company. Suzuki-Gun getting over with North American fans, Nick freakin Gage on national television, Eddie Kingston and 2.0 in the bigtime and getting love, Super Kliq, Punk comes back and we get Kenny Omega versus the American Dragon! Not even talking about Excalibur rocking on commentary with Taz and Tony Schiavone or Sting getting the respectful Vet treatment he should have gotten twenty years ago. Seriously love how AEW rewards me for liking this wrassling thing. I hope New Japan is liking this treatment as I’d love to see the two feds relationship grow.

Great Dynamite. Cole vs Kazarian took me back and was a banger. Dante is insanely talented and… can he even drink? Didn’t he JUST start wrestling. Seriously hope people start comparing him to Ricochet except for the sad tendency to lick boots. Really like watching him and I always like Sydal. FTR in this and the later segment are still drat good old school heels. Feel bad I ever doubted them. The nasty pile river to Sting actually had me worried as it looked SICK. Malakai Black segment didn’t really thrill me but I kinda want Black to move on from the Codyverse. Punk versus Team Taz is a good spot and kinda hoping Ricky Starks is Punks first loss. Danielson non title is perfect for Omega. If the Dragon gets even close it will make Omega unhinged and even more desperate to prove himself. Page wins the gold and that would provide the opportunity for the Kliq/amount Rushmore to boot his crazy rear end out. My only real complaint is Suzuki-Gun should have been standing tall as we closed out the show. Minor complaint on a great show.

I think Hook is, like, 22? I thought MJF and Jungle Boy were young, but between him and Julia it feels like we're seeing some people start their careers off really early.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I couldn’t hear a word MJF said tonight over the boos. That was the craziest heat I’ve ever experienced in person.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't believe Hobbs has gone from being a jobber on Dark to CM Punk's second match in almost a decade.

That is so cool.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Diabolik900 posted:

I couldn’t hear a word MJF said tonight over the boos. That was the craziest heat I’ve ever experienced in person.

i feel like we were the first dynamite crowd to just outright chant "shut the gently caress up" at him

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Blaise330 posted:

It's always some weenie who calls it "cussing"

anyone who uses 'cuss' is a fuckin cop

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alaois posted:

finally got home, loved the shows, elevation slapped, dynamite slapped, rampage slapped, my only issue was sitting one seat over from a guy who i am 1000% sure has been posted in the Chris Regal thread at some point

he was the dipshit screaming about WWE poo poo that nobody responded to and spent the whole show talking about how he's been trolling people online and that this was the worst wrestling he's ever seen in his life

whats going on in your life that you're going to waste money and hours of your life to publicly have a bad time

graph posted:

anyone who uses 'cuss' is a fuckin cop

i think cussin is so funny to use in conversation and i always go a little more southern when i say it cuuussiyn its funny lol

but yea i mean its funny bc the most stuck up ultra squares say it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

shiksa posted:

whats going on in your life that you're going to waste money and hours of your life to publicly have a bad time

Gotta own the AEWailures by giving AEW lots of money