Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

graph posted:

anyone who uses 'cuss' is a fuckin cop

Hard disagree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSmWAY4TCWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh right, my expert review: dynamite was good to watch and i had fun posting in the thread

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

was fully expecting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kr4OLLkQk

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That was a really fun episode and next week looks insane.

Not much to say except AEW rules and I think they've hit this amazing groove where pretty much any matchup they can put on the card is going to be really fun and have a hot crowd. There's just such a diverse cast of wrestlers on the roster, every match feels unique and fresh or there's some fun storyline intrigue.

Like I saw Miro murder Fuego Del Sol in person. I should not be this excited for a rematch, but I am because Fuego wanted it, he's seen the tricks to take down Miro, and he's confident enough in himself to put that car up as collateral. That's good stuff right there.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

1-8-7-7 Kars Redeemed

K A R S kars redeemed!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Going to try an ask here, is there a reason why several AEW wrestlers only use a single elbow pad, instead of two or none?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Asymmetry is cool.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cause allen iverson rules

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oasx posted:

Going to try an ask here, is there a reason why several AEW wrestlers only use a single elbow pad, instead of two or none?

It's probably something they wear on their dominant elbow if it's something they use more often? You learn in wrestling school to never land on your elbows so the people who wear them may either have problems not putting their elbows back when taking bumps, have elbow issues already and want to protect them, or use that elbow in moves and don't want to crack people in the head with their elbow bone.

Also, when did the show end live for everybody? I had to catch up this morning on Fite and it cuts off just after they tease the Gotch Style Piledriver on the table.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I always assumed in kayfabe it was because they do more damage without it so they leave the padding off the one they use to hit people with.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Anybody have any idea what the taping schedule is for next Wednesday? Are they only doing dynamite and rampage, or are they doing dark too? If they’re taping till midnight I’m probably not getting home till like 4 in the morning

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Kennel posted:

The goal of pro wrestling is to get as over as possible by doing as little as possible, and that makes Hook the greatest pro wrestler of our time.

Kevin Nash mindset

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

Kenny Omega coming out in a plain white T is the very definition of gotten to :allears:

this was fuckin great, especially with the bottom of the shirt in his mouth

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Anybody have any idea what the taping schedule is for next Wednesday? Are they only doing dynamite and rampage, or are they doing dark too? If they’re taping till midnight I’m probably not getting home till like 4 in the morning

Dark Elevation starts taping at around 7, then Dynamite, then Rampage. It’s gonna be a late night.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also, when did the show end live for everybody? I had to catch up this morning on Fite and it cuts off just after they tease the Gotch Style Piledriver on the table.

Watching live on Fite it went all the way to JR saying goodnight. Might just have messed up the VOD cut.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

It's always some weenie who calls it "cussing"

It's especially dumb coming from Madden, who used to shoehorn as many Kevin Smith references as he could into doing color for wrestling

Unrelated but Punk could join the booth tomorrow, he's still a natural at commentary.

And I can't believe there was a Norm Mcdonald reference on the show.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

El Gallinero Gros posted:

what was it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

graph posted:

what was it

tony schiavone was wearing a big hat and calling himself turd ferguson the entire time

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think I’m still stuck in the WWE mindset where there is a PPV every month, so it somehow feels weird that they are doing Danielson vs Omega on free tv.

But of course it wouldn’t make much sense to start a feud and then wait three months to fight.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

graph posted:

what was it

Justin said "You guessed it, Frankie Kazarian!"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe my favorite part of the entire night after the second it took me to realize that's what they were doing.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It's especially dumb coming from Madden, who used to shoehorn as many Kevin Smith references as he could into doing color for wrestling

Unrelated but Punk could join the booth tomorrow, he's still a natural at commentary.

Mark Madden was at the Dynamite in Pittsburgh (I don't know if he was shown on TV, but he was in one of the front rows) and most of the crowd kept booing him, it was awesome.

My wife is not originally form Pittsburgh and had no idea who he was, so I had to explain that he was a lovely wrestling commentator who turned into a lovely sports commentator here.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Oasx posted:

But of course it wouldn’t make much sense to start a feud and then wait three months to fight.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Justin said "You guessed it, Frankie Kazarian!"

i did catch that but dont get the ref

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Diabolik900 posted:

Dark Elevation starts taping at around 7, then Dynamite, then Rampage. It’s gonna be a late night.

Hoo boy, it’s gonna be a mob scene trying to get back to manhattan for the last train

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah when they said 2 hour rampage I was suddenly glad they didn't make this a ppv aew lmao

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

graph posted:

Norm had a running joke on Weekend Update where he'd jokingly reveal the identity of a person in a news story by saying "You guessed it, Frank Stallone". Frank is Sly's no talent brother and apparently hated the joke (although he retroactively claimed he thought it was funny after Norm passed).

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

graph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ult5gXKLGgM

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that reminds me of the really classy intro Colin Quinn did when he took over after Norm's ignominious departure from SNL

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmao at people claiming that Jericho's "who's on top" wasn't a dated and unfunny gay joke are you kidding me

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

Does anyone have a good picture/screen grab of Malakai Black in the suit/scarf/long cloak, but before he flipped the hood up?

Also holy poo poo that segment ruled

The absolute treat of watching with someone new to wrestling… she was not at all prepared for the ‘CM Punk is gonna go through the announce table’ spot and kept screaming ‘what are they DOING? what are they DOING?! They can’t do that!’

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Kayla Harrison looked more natural in a pro wrestling ring than any other ATT fighter by a mile. She was fired up and ready to fight the Inner Circle and hell I am here for it. Judo in My Mind

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also holy poo poo are fans ever ready for Adam Cole to be a star

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

The absolute treat of watching with someone new to wrestling… she was not at all prepared for the ‘CM Punk is gonna go through the announce table’ spot and kept screaming ‘what are they DOING? what are they DOING?! They can’t do that!’

That was also a super fun segment for me. My Dad texted me immediately "Punk's goin thru table cuz he's on commentary" thanks to 40 years of watching wrestling. My wife said "I am the table" after it happened and I thought about asking her to marry me all over again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also when Malakai Black asked for everyone to stand up, I stood up but my brother did not so he is no longer in my family.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

Does anyone have a good picture/screen grab of Malakai Black in the suit/scarf/long cloak, but before he flipped the hood up?

Also holy poo poo that segment ruled

did you explain that team taz doesn't play by our rules

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I didn't realize that next Friday's rampage isn't a separate live show but I guess that does make sense that they aren't selling out Arthur Ashe twice in 3 days

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Also holy poo poo are fans ever ready for Adam Cole to be a star

Yeah unless he just goes completely over the top with the Bucks I don’t think the audience is going to respond to him as a heel right now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
To be entirely fair it was against the loser elite hunter who is a loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The Stroker Ace posted:

Yeah unless he just goes completely over the top with the Bucks I don’t think the audience is going to respond to him as a heel right now.

The Tony Schiavone attack did it.

I don't think the right move is to turn Cole into a whimpering controlling boyfriend (that just feels gross and doesn't match Britt's character either) but if you have him keep calling Tony a nerd and stuff it'll click.