Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Last Call posted:

The story of Kristen, free thinking anti vaxxer mother of four who did her research.

Eagerly awaiting the conclusion of her research

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

going with 8, 11 and 19 braintrust. Though the thought of 8,16 and 18 in the same room would also be hilarious.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

BrigadierSensible posted:

How is the American Media, (in particular the US Right Wing Media), responding to Biden forgetting the name of the Australian PM when announcing this new nuclear submarine bizzo?

If indeed they are reporting it at all. Is it a sign of Sleepy Joe being senile and mentally defective, (and also a communist)? Does anyone give half a poo poo about it?

Here in Aus, it is pretty much ScoMo trying to distract from the thousands of daily new COVID cases in NSW, and his bungling of the vaccine rollout, as he gears up for an election, probably next year.

i mean it's kinda bad all these old rear end people keep becoming president but also this was our previous president:
https://twitter.com/sokane1/status/1103421841505505280
https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/976882203459227649

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Fencing and new cameras up around the Capitol Building.
All the other official gov buildings can go gently caress themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7joPtiFn2DA

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Eagerly awaiting the conclusion of her research

She's currently recruiting an army of worms to continue the research in her brain trust. Also will be employing worms in her lungs, heart, liver, muscle tissue, etc.

She has basically transcended to godhood by Conservative standards: She's a job creator.

OgNar posted:

Fencing and new cameras up around the Capitol Building.
All the other official gov buildings can go gently caress themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7joPtiFn2DA

You know 1/6 was their top tier personnel. 9/18 is gonna be the B team and they'll end up laying siege to The Smithsonian thinking it's the capitol.

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 17, 2021

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/143...%5Es1_&ref_url=
https://twitter.com/cbs46/status/14...%5Es1_&ref_url=

We live in the stupidest timeline.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Is this one of those "What did I eat turd chart" things? All I see is different piles of poo poo from solid to diarrhea.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Joen Rogen
Ben Paling
Rand Kurk
Santos del Santos
Thucker Thucker
Blurp Carson

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKW5L4EEvwc

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

I love that they straight up lie about their religious exemptions

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Those Nicki Minaj "fans" are actually those Black Hammer freakos

Guze fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 17, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

First off what the hell is that prayer

Secondly God gave you the vaccine and there's no thought that Satan is tempting you away from it? If these people are their own personal Jesus then it stands to reason they're out in the Desert of Unvaxxia and Satan is tempting them away from God's cure

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/axios/status/14...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Are you not surprised?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Is there a "legitimate" religious exception?

Like I understand Mormons, or 7th Day Adventists or one of the other nuttier sects are explicitly against blood transfusions. And I suppose your hard ccore Catholics could get an exemption if there was foetal cells used in the vaccine, just as Hindus and Muslims could get it for cow/pig cells respectively.

(And even though my theology knowledge is minimal, I am pretty sure that in Islam there is an exception that explicitly says "you can eat pork if it means saving your life, or saving the lives of thouse around you", so there hasn't been much vaccine hesitancy among devout muslims.)

So what are the CHUDs claiming as a "religious exception"? Is it just "I am Christian, so therefore ... God and Jesus .... I dont want to."

Which leads me to a related question: How are non US fundies dealing with vaccination? Is there vaccine hesitancy among the orthodox Jews in Israel? Among the fundamental Muslims in Afghanistan? From family anecdotal evidence there is a little vaccine hesitancy among fundie Hindus in India, but that is more distrust of the secular west, more than anti-vaxx sentiment.

Sorry if these are silly questions.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

First off what the hell is that prayer

Secondly God gave you the vaccine and there's no thought that Satan is tempting you away from it? If these people are their own personal Jesus then it stands to reason they're out in the Desert of Unvaxxia and Satan is tempting them away from God's cure

God is a voice in my head that tells me to eat paste.

I think that's somewhere in the Bible, hell if I've read it.

Fre Merzasphor
Mar 8, 2006

I didn't realize "High School Graduation" was a sacrament.

"pregnancy and birth outcomes" are a side effect of getting vaccinated? :lol:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/stat...%5Es1_&ref_url=
https://twitter.com/RileyMyres/stat...%5Es1_&ref_url=

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

See the cool thing about religion is you can interpret whatever any way you want to justify whatever point you have to make at that time.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

sebmojo posted:

i'm basically just waiting for the first hospital bombing at this point, sorry that's not a lol :(

Jesus Christ almighty you people are so God drat far removed from the actual real world it is almost unbelievable. No, a chud isn't going to snap and blow up a hospital because they think there's a conspiracy to deliberately kill unvaccinated patients.

Let me remind you that your skewed view on the world does not in any way accurately reflect how conservatives behave and act. So let's all take a deep breath, collect our thoughts, and if you are ready to have a conversation grounded in reality, we should start by asking how many.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

:sickos:

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Time_pants posted:

Jesus Christ almighty you people are so God drat far removed from the actual real world it is almost unbelievable. No, a chud isn't going to snap and blow up a hospital because they think there's a conspiracy to deliberately kill unvaccinated patients.

Let me remind you that your skewed view on the world does not in any way accurately reflect how conservatives behave and act. So let's all take a deep breath, collect our thoughts, and if you are ready to have a conversation grounded in reality, we should start by asking how many.

Reminds me of this

"The defendant then took it upon himself to act in what he believed would be a violent confrontation at the restaurant," the statement reads. Welch unsuccessfully attempted to try to persuade friends to join him. He said he believed it would involve "sacraficing [sic] the lives of a few for the lives of many," according to court documents.

Welch then drove to Washington and entered Comet Ping Pong, where numerous children were present. He was brandishing the 3-foot-long rifle and had a loaded revolver in a holster on his hip. Employees and clients fled the pizzeria while Welch looked around the restaurant and moved furniture.

He terrified an employee who inadvertently returned to the restaurant during his "investigation," briefly pointing a gun at him before the employee ran for his life. Welch also shot through the lock of a closet, damaging a computer. Nobody was injured, and he ultimately surrendered to the police.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/22/533941689/pizzagate-gunman-sentenced-to-4-years-in-prison

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1438668316835450881

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

explosivo posted:

See the cool thing about religion is you can interpret whatever any way you want to justify whatever point you have to make at that time.

God is great. :worship:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Why is Snowden on this list? Did he turn chud recently or something?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Iron Dream is an anti-fascist Sci-Fi novel that is about how fascist most Sci-Fi novels are. It also predicted cosplaying.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

almost like nothing will convince him except bribes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

AHAHAHA

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3bDYhOYPDg

I was listening to some old records today and this 25 year old Jello Biafra/Ministry tune jumped right out at me. It's about a guy pulling his teeth out because the thinks the government is a conspiracy and planting tracking devices in his fillings.

It may as well be about anti-vax CHUDs though. It's goddamn prophetic.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Wonder if she gets a kickback from DeSantis or the Regeneron people for name-dropping it like that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

explosivo posted:

See also, MAGA and any sci-fi or fantasy show you happen to like.

Star Wars is about destroying the woke left, the Matrix is about how women are perfidious snakes, and Babylon 5 is about fighting the COMMUNIST NAZIS.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I had never really noticed until this that Pompeo and Jones look a lot alike; both pasty, bloated, mediocre white men.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 17, 2021

Fre Merzasphor
Mar 8, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is there a "legitimate" religious exception?

Like I understand Mormons, or 7th Day Adventists or one of the other nuttier sects are explicitly against blood transfusions. And I suppose your hard ccore Catholics could get an exemption if there was foetal cells used in the vaccine, just as Hindus and Muslims could get it for cow/pig cells respectively.

(And even though my theology knowledge is minimal, I am pretty sure that in Islam there is an exception that explicitly says "you can eat pork if it means saving your life, or saving the lives of thouse around you", so there hasn't been much vaccine hesitancy among devout muslims.)

So what are the CHUDs claiming as a "religious exception"? Is it just "I am Christian, so therefore ... God and Jesus .... I dont want to."

Which leads me to a related question: How are non US fundies dealing with vaccination? Is there vaccine hesitancy among the orthodox Jews in Israel? Among the fundamental Muslims in Afghanistan? From family anecdotal evidence there is a little vaccine hesitancy among fundie Hindus in India, but that is more distrust of the secular west, more than anti-vaxx sentiment.

Sorry if these are silly questions.

Personally I don't think there's ever a "legitimate" religious exemption to anything. You can justify anything by claiming it's a sincerely held religious belief. Either the behavior is acceptable for anyone, or it's not.

For example, what if it's my sincerely held belief that I need to periodically conduct human sacrifices to Thor? Why can't I just get an exemption to laws against murder? Clearly, we've decided as a society that, at least in some cases, our laws trump (lol) religious belief.

For a more realistic example, lots of localities in the US have a prohibition on wearing headgear for a driver's license photo, unless that headgear is religious in nature. Why? If there's a good public safety reason to prohibit headgear, then no one should be allowed to wear it. If not, everyone should be allowed to wear it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Listen, I'm all for vaccine mandates, I just think they should be optional.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Loomer is easily in the top 20 for funniest potential covid death, so I'm not getting excited until I see the obituary

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
loomer is the kind of person who would livestream from their hospital bed

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Fre Merzasphor posted:

Personally I don't think there's ever a "legitimate" religious exemption to anything. You can justify anything by claiming it's a sincerely held religious belief. Either the behavior is acceptable for anyone, or it's not.

For example, what if it's my sincerely held belief that I need to periodically conduct human sacrifices to Thor? Why can't I just get an exemption to laws against murder? Clearly, we've decided as a society that, at least in some cases, our laws trump (lol) religious belief.

For a more realistic example, lots of localities in the US have a prohibition on wearing headgear for a driver's license photo, unless that headgear is religious in nature. Why? If there's a good public safety reason to prohibit headgear, then no one should be allowed to wear it. If not, everyone should be allowed to wear it.

It does lead to fun weird poo poo where people wear colanders on their head because they "believe" in the Flying Spaghetti Monster

I feel like if the state decides what a "real" religion is for the purposes of government ID cards it's a de facto recognition or denial of a person's beliefs and it's really fun playing the mental gymnastics of why one religion is ok but another isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Loomer is easily in the top 20 for funniest potential covid death, so I'm not getting excited until I see the obituary

We were denied number 1 and I'm still mad