Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hogama posted:

The timer on the Deltarune site is shaking :ohdear:

I'm sure it's fine

everything's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I was hoping to get to bed early so I could wake up in the middle of night (3 am) to play it but I couldn't...

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Me waiting for 8pm

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Being in God's Own Time Zone is paying off again. I'm gonna get off work, grab a six pack, cook dinner, then sit my rear end in front of my PC right at 7pm and not move for the rest of the night.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

My man!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

1 hour :dogcited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtv-NH2XTQ

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Maybe it's just me, but the countdown timer seems to be shaking a little more violently now?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, I want to play this but I do not want to feel rushed. Doesn't help that Deathloop has its hooks in me. :( Guess I will just set up my blocked word list in twitter and hope for the best.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. As good as Chapter 1 was, some of it did feel like Toby Fox playing the hits, so to speak. Not that it is a bad thing, but it was very familiar if you played Undertale, which I think was the point. It wasn't until we got back to the Real World where things got very intriguing. Even with the stinger being resolved, I want to see where this goes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
if this doesn't end with us hanging out with sans' brother like promised, I will riot

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

I REFUSE TO BAN GENOCIDE DENIAL IN MY SUBFORUM BECAUSE I BELIEVE PEOPLE SHOULD DEBATE THE GENOCIDE DENIERS INSTEAD

I ALSO REPORTED MY TITLE FOR SAYING I IGNORE PMS, VIOLATING D&D RULE II.2.B AS I DIDN'T CITE A SOURCE, THEN DID NOT PAY MONEY TO REWRITE IT BECAUSE I AM UNDER PROTECTION OF THE ADMINS AND I DO NOT IGNORE PMS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF THE FORUMS BY PURCHASING AVATARS FOR ME
Only forty more minutes to go.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to be very sad if it turns out throwing away the junk ball threw away the jevil axe.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

apparently it doesn't delete equipped items

https://deltarune.fandom.com/wiki/Ball_of_Junk

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well I don't have my old PC save file so I will be cross if that somehow prevents me from having the Jevilstail and unlocking whatever terrible secret lurks within Asgore's fridge.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/UnderTale
UnderTale main account has gone blackout again (icon and name).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/UnderTale
UnderTale main account has gone blackout again (icon and name).

https://twitter.com/UnderTale/status/1439012558187339779

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

sans deltarune

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/ans743/status/1439012622159028225

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1671210/DELTARUNE/
Five chapters. 3-5 will be paid.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bobulus posted:

Presumably Kris put the heart back in after he got the pie? I mean, the cage is called out as inescapable. That might be a point towards Kris doesn't mind the control that much?

He just really needed that pie.

Something that I haven't seen people call out much is that all the meta elements in Undertale had diagetic meaning as well as being fourth-wall breaks. The only conversations that were 100% directed to the player and not the characters were the Flowey and Chara monologues after the endings and those were as close to being 'outside' of the game as you could get without doing something like spawning an entire new window. Everything else had an in-character explanation, most of which boiled down to Flowy devolving into viewing the world around him as a game after going so long without a soul.

Assuming a similar level of narrative connectivity, the heart removal has some kind of 'realistic' metaphor going on as well as being a comment on gaming narrative/control. My personal theory is that it's representative of some kind of dysmorphia in Kris, we know they thought they were and/or wanted to be a monster when they were younger given the comments about the fake horns they used to wear, and it's implied that humans are basically on the level of storybook creatures to most of the locals which probably hasn't done their psyche any favors earlier. The heart would be their 'cover', so to speak, and taking it out would be their true emotions surfacing uncontrollably. I've had a theory for a while that Kris will start talking at a dramatic moment and leave the party to become an antagonist for a while, and pulling out their heart and throwing it to the party would be connected to that.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Hopefully it comes together quicker now Toby has the team together

IIRC chapter 1 was mostly solo and part of the last 3 years were hiring people and Toby learning how to be a project manager

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Up on Steam.

Edit: It's pulling my chapter 1 save data from somewhere even though I didn't save the chapter 1 folder. Cool.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
aaaaand the itch.io link is dead already

amazing

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Huh, in-game has a chapter select with 7 chapter slots.

Guess it was just placeholder.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Let's go! :supaburn:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

McCracAttack posted:

Up on Steam.

Edit: It's pulling my chapter 1 save data from somewhere even though I didn't save the chapter 1 folder. Cool.

Just got the steam version, I hope I don't have to start from chapter 1.

e: oh good!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

'bout three years. How's it going, Doc? How's the void treating you?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I managed to force my way into the itch.io download by opening it in a new tab and it's downloading now.

E: Downloaded, see y'all on the other side.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

McCracAttack posted:

Up on Steam.

Yeah I tried to find where I saved Deltarune to on my PC but I have no idea where it is. Loaded up the steam version and my save file was right there. So hey! :v:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I am excited to play the game when I get home in 2 hours :)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

repiv posted:

reminder for those replaying chapter 1

the ball of junk in your inventory during the epilogue represents your dark world inventory, if you throw it away you lose all the stuff you just collected for chapter 2

Turns out that yes this is true, so don't do it for Chapter 1.

Chapter 2 does warn you that throwing it away is a really bad idea.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
See ya on the other side, friends

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
♪When the light is running low
And the shadows start to grow
And the places that you know
Seem like fantasy
There's a light inside your soul
That's still shining in the cold
With the truth
The promise in our hearts
Don't forget
Buy the soundtrack on Bandcamp♫

(Minor spoilers in the track names, maybe play the game first, just saying!♫)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've made it about 10 minutes in and already everything about this is perfect.

Godspeed, Mr. Society.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Can confirm that Susie is still the best character

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh huh. I guess Toby did find a way to keep a reason for sparing enemies in even though there were no alternate paths. Town builder? Sure.

L33t_Kefka
Jul 16, 2000

My 1337 littl3 magic us3r, put 0n this cr0wn, bitch! H4W H4W! I 0wn j00!!!!
I am getting errors when selecting certain things. I got one for item storage, reloaded the game and selected controls and got the error seen below.

Anyone else getting these?

NOTE: This is on a importation of a fresh new play through of deltarune just completed just earlier today (steam version)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
To those it may concern - there appears to be some kind of bug with controller input right now that's causing crashes. Maybe need to use keyboard only for now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh man, do not try to use a controller, I just crashed and lost a bunch of progress.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really wish this game better keybinding options. You can only bind stuff to the letter keys. I want to WASD and have like enter and shift and stuff be the other options. It's insanely hard to move in battles with the arrow keys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Welp Hope everyone has fun. Will see you all when it drops for switch

Edit: before I go make sure you be careful with controllers, they seem to be crashing the game and Toby is trying to figure out what’s up

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 18, 2021