Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

cheeeeesecake posted:

Thanks for your help as always. Do you have the loyalty number handy by any chance?

(800) 392-0717 option 0.

I highly recommend calling today and not this weekend. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy

Duckman2008 posted:

Speaking of which:

You want me to call you tomorrow and process this for you ? If so PM me your name and number. FYI I can’t call right at 8, I have a few appointments already, but within the first few hours probably.

To confirm: as long as your phone has no damage and it’s the same model and storage size i shoulld be able to do it fine. Tbh you probably can’t do it online, the system will likely keep freaking out.

Reminder that early upgrade means you can continue to trade up every 12 months, but you get that promo instead of a trade in promo. I figure you know this, but just letting you know.

Reminder for you and everyone : what you pay on an order is sales tax and $35 upgrade fee. I’m sure everyone assumes this, but I absolutely cannot waive any fees or charges.

I think I'm going to try Best Buy in the morning because their system seems to be recognizing the balance due and letting me attempt checkout (on something other than a 13 of course) but I'll go ahead and shoot you my info just in case. I'll follow up with another PM in the morning to let you know if things work as expected from somewhere other than Verizon directly. Understood on the promo and price. I also think I'm like $30-50 short on my 50% for early upgrade so I'll have to factor that in too.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bulbous nub posted:

I think I'm going to try Best Buy in the morning because their system seems to be recognizing the balance due and letting me attempt checkout (on something other than a 13 of course) but I'll go ahead and shoot you my info just in case. I'll follow up with another PM in the morning to let you know if things work as expected from somewhere other than Verizon directly. Understood on the promo and price. I also think I'm like $30-50 short on my 50% for early upgrade so I'll have to factor that in too.

Word totally fine.

For anyone here, once it gets to Friday morning I will be too busy to check the thread, but if you PK me it dings my cell and I see it.

This is iPhone launch #11 for me , so I am both old, and for what it’s worth this is still fun. Gonna be an interesting day.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Oh hey, we just got the release code for the wife's work phone. Looks like it's good for a month, I'll check back next week about when to call. Timing it with the iphone release is something all right. They're also making her go to the office, so it's just sunshine all around!

Falco
Dec 31, 2003

Freewheeling At Last
Looks like Verizon is offering $1000 trade in for the 11 Pro, I may be upgrading once I get my 11 paid off (2months early)

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
For anyone remotely on the fence for help with Verizon especially on apple day, pm duckman. This was the easiest upgrade experience of my life. And yes i was happy to find out about the 999 trade in for my 12 pro

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Do we think Verizon will offer a deal when the Pixel 6 drops? My wife and I are chugging on the Pixel 2 and really regret missing on the Pixel 4A deal a few months back.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DTaeKim posted:

Do we think Verizon will offer a deal when the Pixel 6 drops? My wife and I are chugging on the Pixel 2 and really regret missing on the Pixel 4A deal a few months back.

I'm hoping so, I still like my Pixel 4XL but the lack of a fingerprint reader is annoying with the mask mandate. Don't get me wrong, I am pro mask but I miss my fingerprint reader on the 2 XL

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Falco posted:

Looks like Verizon is offering $1000 trade in for the 11 Pro, I may be upgrading once I get my 11 paid off (2months early)

Yeah, PM me and I can order if you want to . FYI the $1000 promo is only for September , i cannot guerantee it in October or November

Falco
Dec 31, 2003

Freewheeling At Last

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, PM me and I can order if you want to . FYI the $1000 promo is only for September , i cannot guerantee it in October or November

Thank you sir! As was said above, Duckman made the purchase super easy and made sure everything was cleanly and quickly taken care of. Highly recommended.

Falco fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 17, 2021

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001

Falco posted:

Thank you sir! As was said above, Duckman made the purchase super easy and made sure everything was cleanly and quickly taken care of. Highly recommended.

I told Duckman things I've never told anyone. Like my phone number. Five stars.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Survived the day, but I am fairly tired for sure. Crazy but fun day.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Duckman2008 posted:

Survived the day, but I am fairly tired for sure. Crazy but fun day.

Thanks Duckman2008, with your link, we were able to get 256 GB graphite 13 pros that will be here next Friday.

I absolutely did not plan on getting a new phone this year (just got a new battery back in February) but getting $800 for a 4 year old phone that I paid $1,000 for made it really hard to not upgrade.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Thanks Duckman2008, with your link, we were able to get 256 GB graphite 13 pros that will be here next Friday.

I absolutely did not plan on getting a new phone this year (just got a new battery back in February) but getting $800 for a 4 year old phone that I paid $1,000 for made it really hard to not upgrade.

Thanks for reaching out for the link !

You are not not kidding on it being a good deal. Man, I did literally 30-38% more volume in my shift today than a normal day (and that does not include any referral links, I can’t see those yet). And to be blunt I’m already a pretty top sales person. Absolute crazy day.

Sales center had 1,400ish customers waiting on hold at one point , and probably every single person was working today.

Promo is going for hopefully all month, although I could see them pulling it early with how many people are taking the promo. For anyone wanting to upgrade, now is a good time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Can you get the upgrade if you're on the Start Unlimited plan, or will they make you go to Play More or above?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Can you get the upgrade if you're on the Start Unlimited plan, or will they make you go to Play More or above?

Play more or above.

Edit: oh I saw your PM, PMed back.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 18, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Duckman2008 posted:

Play more or above.

Edit: oh I saw your PM, PMed back.

Thanks, PM sent back. Appreciate the help!

Edit: Duckman hooked up both me and my wife. This is a drat good promo. Her XR was worth a free iPhone 13, no sense not to trade up for that for the cost of sales tax and activation fees. And Duckman explained everything to us fully. Thanks so much!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 18, 2021

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Well, my Saturday is made. SB woke me up this morning and asked me what color I wanted for my new phone so that's a pretty cool way to wake up. Thanks so much, Duckman2008! Thanks for answering all our questions and hooking us up with this amazing deal.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

Well, my Saturday is made. SB woke me up this morning and asked me what color I wanted for my new phone so that's a pretty cool way to wake up. Thanks so much, Duckman2008! Thanks for answering all our questions and hooking us up with this amazing deal.

Hooray ! Glad to get you set. And no problem , it’s my job to help.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
My lines are all on start unlimited. To get the promo i need to upgrade to a higher tier right?

So if i upgrade the plan i can then trade in my iphone 11 for an $800 credit over the next 24 months?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Keystoned posted:

My lines are all on start unlimited. To get the promo i need to upgrade to a higher tier right?

So if i upgrade the plan i can then trade in my iphone 11 for an $800 credit over the next 24 months?

correct. PM for questions, referral link or if you need help ordering i can call

a skeleton
Jul 29, 2004
Sorry if this has been answered. If I buy the iPhone 13 Pro outright and trade in an iPhone 11 Pro. That $1000 will just be credited to my account balance monthly?

Also, my Aunt is on the 55+ unlimited plan, is she eligible for the promotion?

Thanks!

a skeleton fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 20, 2021

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

a skeleton posted:

Sorry if this has been answered. If I buy the iPhone 13 Pro outright and trade in an iPhone 11 Pro. That $1000 will just be credited to my account balance monthly?

Also, my Aunt is on the 55+ unlimited plan, is she eligible for the promotion?

Thanks!

To be technical, it’s not outright, you finance $1000 over 24 months and get a credit of $1000 over 24 months. Must be on premium unlimited.

Your aunt on her current one likely is not, but there is an updated version she can *usually* move to. It sometimes is the same price, sometimes it’s $10-20 more.

PM if you have questions, want a referral code or want me to help you order directly.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Btw, so this weekend was absolutely insane between work stuff and I just had some event stuff I was doing.

If I missed helping anyone , message and remind me, it’s def possible I did.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i can not believe four days ago i was seriously considering purchase a 12 mini for retail on a plan that doesn't even offer 5g. now, thanks to some incredibly helpful PMs from Duckman, i managed to upgrade both of my plans with no significant change to monthly cost AND snag a 256gb 13 mini for $120 after trading in a paperweight (64gig 1st gen SE) 😅

IM DAY DAY IRL fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 21, 2021

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i can not believe four days ago i was seriously considering purchase a 12 mini for retail on a plan that doesn't even offer 5g. now, thanks to some incredibly helpful PMs from Duckman, i managed to upgrade both of my plans with no significant change to monthly cost AND snag a 256gb 13 mini for $120 after trading in a paperweight (64gig 1st gen SE) 😅

Hell yeah, awesome to hear it !

Side note, yeah between launch and this promo the traffic has been insane. I literally have processed 75% of my standard monthly phone goal in just about 45ish hours of work.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
People like good deals when they see them!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

People like good deals when they see them!

lol this is true.

Btw, I have def helped quite a few people here and happy to do so, so this a blanket thank you for anyone reaching out to me. For anyone who I helped, thank you. I had multiple people ask me to call their family or friends, and for that that’s a big step trust wise, so happy to get them set and thank you for that too.

If I missed any questions , PM me again, I’ve talked to a lot of people in the past 5 days so it’s possible I forgot.

Cheers , and anyone who needs help, still here to do so.

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
Just ported in a number and brought an old device (an iPhone 11) for a new line. My read is that I should be eligible for the $500 rebate but the app says I'm only eligible for the $350 one. Is Start Unlimited not eligible for the larger rebate? (The only fine print I can find just says "a consumer Unlimited plan.") If I should be eligible for $500, what's the right escalation path to get my account fixed to reflect that?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Has anyone else had their delivery date change?

Checked on Monday and the app said Delivery Date of September 24th. Today, it says that delivery date will be updated soon.

We have not gotten any emails since our receipts for orders last week and it has not told us that it has shipped. Also, we noticed that one says that it was ordered on the 17th and one on the 18th but we ordered them both on the same night (15 minutes after each other).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

UPS still says Friday for me.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

Just ported in a number and brought an old device (an iPhone 11) for a new line. My read is that I should be eligible for the $500 rebate but the app says I'm only eligible for the $350 one. Is Start Unlimited not eligible for the larger rebate? (The only fine print I can find just says "a consumer Unlimited plan.") If I should be eligible for $500, what's the right escalation path to get my account fixed to reflect that?

Start unlimited gets $350, to get $500 it has to be play more or do more.

If you move it up to play more, then file for the $500 (care can file a ticket if need be), if not file for the $350.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

UPS still says Friday for me.

I do not even have a tracking number to search for.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I mean, I’ve spent the past 1-2 weeks being confident on the accuracy of Verizon shipping , and it’s still “hold onto your butts” for me too waiting to see if everything ships on time.

For others that is. As always, I can’t order the phone until probably November (I have made peace with this, it’s fine).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I do not even have a tracking number to search for.
They emailed mine Sunday. Hold onto your butt, I guess!

Somewhat more interesting is it seems they're shipping "with" virtual SIMs now, and I missed Apple saying iPhones 13 can use two virtual SIMs, which is good to know. (I was going to ask about getting a physical SIM in case I go international, but I guess I won't need it!)

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 23, 2021

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

Start unlimited gets $350, to get $500 it has to be play more or do more.

If you move it up to play more, then file for the $500 (care can file a ticket if need be), if not file for the $350.
The $500 can only be used to pay off existing charges on your old line right? So if you own the phone free and clear and aren’t locked into anything that would have an ETF, you wouldn’t get anything?

e: I think I'm wrong because the fine print doesn't indicate any such restriction. I just switched and pre-ordered an iPhone at Costco because they had a $350 switching promo and I would get 5% off the purchase price of the iPhone 13 Pro and waived activation fee. Now it looks like I may have hosed up and passed up $70 and wasted 45 min, with the additional annoyance that I have to go to Costco to pick up the phone, which won't arrive until 10/8. I didn't even get to give Duckman a referral after all his help. I should've just done in-store port and purchase on Friday. :(

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 23, 2021

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I hate “hold onto your butts” but things could be worse.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

The $500 can only be used to pay off existing charges on your old line right? So if you own the phone free and clear and aren’t locked into anything that would have an ETF, you wouldn’t get anything?

e: I think I'm wrong because the fine print doesn't indicate any such restriction. I just switched and pre-ordered an iPhone at Costco because they had a $350 switching promo and I would get 5% off the purchase price of the iPhone 13 Pro and waived activation fee. Now it looks like I may have hosed up and passed up $70 and wasted 45 min, with the additional annoyance that I have to go to Costco to pick up the phone, which won't arrive until 10/8. I didn't even get to give Duckman a referral after all his help. I should've just done in-store port and purchase on Friday. :(

Well, fyi , the other poster was asking about a $500 BYOD switcher , which is different than buying a new phone.

I legit can’t speak for Costco promos, but they usually are pretty good and comparable, so as a fellow Costco member , I can’t blame you at all for looking at it.

My policy here remains the same: I give out whatever info I can to help whether you “buy” through me or not. No one here is obligated to go through me, and if you get a better deal elsewhere, like , absolutely do that. On the other side, I do get referrals through here, so the basic answer is that it works out and I am for sure taken care of (but thank you for the concern). I’ve processed about 105ish devices in 47ish hours, so the real answer Is I will and want to help anyone I can, but one missing referral will not kill me.

Anyway , for your scenario , I legit don’t quite follow the scenario with Costco, but for real, if they are giving you an extra $350 that’s cool, i don’t think Verizon direct has that.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

Well, fyi , the other poster was asking about a $500 BYOD switcher , which is different than buying a new phone.

I legit can’t speak for Costco promos, but they usually are pretty good and comparable, so as a fellow Costco member , I can’t blame you at all for looking at it.

My policy here remains the same: I give out whatever info I can to help whether you “buy” through me or not. No one here is obligated to go through me, and if you get a better deal elsewhere, like , absolutely do that. On the other side, I do get referrals through here, so the basic answer is that it works out and I am for sure taken care of (but thank you for the concern). I’ve processed about 105ish devices in 47ish hours, so the real answer Is I will and want to help anyone I can, but one missing referral will not kill me.

Anyway , for your scenario , I legit don’t quite follow the scenario with Costco, but for real, if they are giving you an extra $350 that’s cool, i don’t think Verizon direct has that.
The $350 was also BYOD switcher promotion so I completed the port-in, then they did the pre-order/$800 trade-in promotion.

When I went to a Verizon corporate store earlier this week, they implied the $500 BYOD switch wouldn't stack with the trade-in promotion, which is why I went with Costco since it stacks (in theory).

If nothing else, when I upgrade in 24 months, I can do the pre-order through you. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

The $350 was also BYOD switcher promotion so I completed the port-in, then they did the pre-order/$800 trade-in promotion.

When I went to a Verizon corporate store earlier this week, they implied the $500 BYOD switch wouldn't stack with the trade-in promotion, which is why I went with Costco since it stacks (in theory).

If nothing else, when I upgrade in 24 months, I can do the pre-order through you. :cheers:

Ahhhh I follow.

I’m big on being real, just fyi you almost def will not get both the $350 / $500 BYOD and the $800 trade in. Likely what will happen is the $800 will get approved , and then the $350 will just come back not eligible. Because the terms of the $350 is you have to keep the same device on the plan for minimum 45 days , so getting a 13 is gonna kill it.

The Verizon store was right is what I’m saying, and will likely stay right.

To be clear, I’m not here to judge anyone trying to get extra discounts. That said , I def will not be able to help on any issues of getting said double promos. But, anything that is a legitimate issue, for anyone here, let me know and I will try to help.