Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW hotshotting miro and Sammy tsk tsk tsk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Wow Sammy is a bad friend he didn't even bother to check on poor Fuego, just went straight to the TNT Title belt!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mooseinfants posted:

Wow Sammy is a bad friend he didn't even bother to check on poor Fuego, just went straight to the TNT Title belt!

Sammy and the car knew Fuego was already dead, Fuego would've wanted them to focus on revenge.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
the ruby/dmd promo was completely off the chain and i loved it so much

that's the best in ring promo i've seen in a long time

just throwing verbal haymakers

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

In this week's edition of "Can you believe WWE actually let this person go?!", tonight's subject is:

RUBY SOHO!!

Can you believe WWE actually let this person go?!?! What a bunch of idiots!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Kinda wish they'd run the 2-hour pre-taped Rampage directly against Smackdown

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

folks

the logo canvas is back

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Elephant Ambush posted:

the ruby/dmd promo was completely off the chain and i loved it so much

that's the best in ring promo i've seen in a long time

just throwing verbal haymakers

Mox and Eddie before their 2nd title match is still the gold standard of AEW promos, but it was certainly really good.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Oh I didn’t know that this would be a lights out match. Envious of those that are going

https://twitter.com/postwrestling/status/1439062796537376770?s=21

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TV Zombie posted:

Oh I didn’t know that this would be a lights out match. Envious of those that are going

https://twitter.com/postwrestling/status/1439062796537376770?s=21

The phrasing makes it sound like the Anna Jay match is lights out. Which would rule honestly.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the ruby/britt promo was great. so was the opening tag. and i really like big underdog title matches like fuego v miro. and anna jay/bunny was good too and theyre doing an honest to god womens storyline not about the belt.

actually the whole show was good! i just wish hook was the 5th mic on commentary, not saying anything at all but eating flamin hot funyuns silently

Infidel Castro posted:

Mox and Eddie before their 2nd title match is still the gold standard of AEW promos, but it was certainly really good.

god those were incredible yeah. gently caress mox and kingston are so good together/against each other/whatever.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

stab posted:

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1439033370349015045?s=19

Guys you NEED to get in on this twitch stream.

Its loving bonkers. Everybody has been talking like Stone Cold for 10 minutes. It's hilarioua.

I'll wait for the clip rn its just wrestling GDQ style reading donations but at least its for a real charity lol

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What's the consensus on the current angle with the Dark Order? I'm wondering if I'm in the minority, because honestly, I'm already quite bored with it. I guess I'd like some sort of forward movement. It feels like it's just been treading water for ages now, re-iterating the same point over and over again.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

I'll wait for the clip rn its just wrestling GDQ style reading donations but at least its for a real charity lol

What?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

What's the consensus on the current angle with the Dark Order? I'm wondering if I'm in the minority, because honestly, I'm already quite bored with it. I guess I'd like some sort of forward movement. It feels like it's just been treading water for ages now, re-iterating the same point over and over again.

It's probably going to a head in Rochester which is the week after next.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

a bunch of weirdos make poo poo up about gdq and it leads to people hearing misinformation like that

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pylons posted:

It's probably going to a head in Rochester which is the week after next.

At this point, I'd be grateful for anything to break the same old routine of Dark Order have a backstage interview, Evil Uno says or does something lovely, everyone yells at each other, Anna Jay angrily walks off saying "sort it out, lads." Every. loving. Segment. Change the loving record, like.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1439066217784954883

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

flatluigi posted:

a bunch of weirdos make poo poo up about gdq and it leads to people hearing misinformation like that

Ah makes sense

Also flatliigi i was in a lets play deep dive and noticed your name back in the original DanganRonpa thread from like 13 years ago before it was officially translated to English. That thread is over 700 pages.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

vintage excalibur!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

So, when Orange Cassidy ran out, did anyone else see his very big part line and go "you know, maybe they are doing, maybe OC is going to be shaved bald.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

At this point, I'd be grateful for anything to break the same old routine of Dark Order have a backstage interview, Evil Uno says or does something lovely, everyone yells at each other, Anna Jay angrily walks off saying "sort it out, lads." Every. loving. Segment. Change the loving record, like.

they are having matches on the youtube shows.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Ruby rules so hard

So does Taz's singing

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

edogawa rando posted:

what. she's only been back for like 2 weeks.

tell me how you feel after next week's elevation

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Spending the next five days focused on willing Ruby Soho, AEW Women's Champion into existence

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lid posted:

Ah makes sense

Also flatliigi i was in a lets play deep dive and noticed your name back in the original DanganRonpa thread from like 13 years ago before it was officially translated to English. That thread is over 700 pages.

it's real funny to think that that thread is legit why those games ever got official english localizations. one of these days i'm gonna actually play them myself, maybe.

i have been on sa for a long goddamn time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the youtube shows are great.

i love rampage.

all elite wrestling

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

edogawa rando posted:

My feeling since it started is that Hangman is going to return and help them patch things up, demonstrating personal growth and showing that he can help his friends rather than just being helped.

I think that's the reason it's being stretched as far as it is. Similar to the Best Friends vs Kip and Miro feud where it we didn't get the blowoff until Trent came back.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

what. she's only been back for like 2 weeks.

tell me how you feel after next week's elevation

also, wait, yeah, Anna Jay JUST came back.

edit: All Out was TWELVE DAYS AGO

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

karmicknight posted:

So, when Orange Cassidy ran out, did anyone else see his very big part line and go "you know, maybe they are doing, maybe OC is going to be shaved bald.

the word ive heard is that orange's combover is fighting a good fight but fading in the end

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1439066105616781313?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

shiksa posted:

the word ive heard is that orange's combover is fighting a good fight but fading in the end

Happens to the best of them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Orange loses, but Trent runs in, standing in front of Matt Hardy and a shaved OC. He reveals... that he is still out on injury, but he used his free time to make a new tron for OC that showcases Vin Diesel a lot, so now OC is even stronger because he looks like his hero.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

The Canadian Cancer society funds actual documented research with its money the Prevent Cancer Foundation funds "awareness campaigns". The Canadian Cancer society has multiple sources of income PCF's single greatest form of income every year is AGDQ. You can go read about PCF somewhere else there's plenty of weird US style "non profit" stuff they get up to.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I FORGOT RAMPAGE WAS ON HOW WAS IT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

The Canadian Cancer society funds actual documented research with its money the Prevent Cancer Foundation funds "awareness campaigns". The Canadian Cancer society has multiple sources of income PCF's single greatest form of income every year is AGDQ. You can go read about PCF somewhere else there's plenty of weird US style "non profit" stuff they get up to.

The PCF does more than that and they also run an event for Doctors Without Borders so I have no idea what this is about or why it is in the AEW thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Artelier posted:

I FORGOT RAMPAGE WAS ON HOW WAS IT

Awesome go watch it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

why it is in the AEW thread.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006