Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello page 69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm leaving that there for all to see.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

god-tier snipe

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
:69snypa:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

doingitwrong posted:

Every now and then, I start laughing for no discernible reason.

My wife will say, "Are you thinking about long clowns again?" and, lord help me, the answer is, "Yes."

Please, do tell

What, exactly, is a long clown?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Oh no

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Arzaac posted:

Please, do tell

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Arzaac posted:

Please, do tell

I hope you're happy.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Stux's was longer.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

tl;dr

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

an unforgivable sin

I’ll see you in court the state of games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Reminds me of a rothko painting

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

gently caress I'm too drunk for this

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This post is intended for VideoGames Boonie

https://twitter.com/maaco414/status/1439189733922332678?s=21

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

can you eat it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Hwurmp posted:

can you eat it

Sure looks like it

Also, it unlocked a memory. When I was a kid there was a place we’d go to that sold big rear end character cookies. They were just ok, but it was more because they were characters. I can’t remember anything else about that place

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
posting in an unreadable thread

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Exactly

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Whatever cheetah posted breaks my mobile app

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

It was a big joker. Copyright Stux 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

It was a big joker. Copyright 2021

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
games-wise i've been playing a couple of mario hacks. one for smrpg called armageddon that is...pretty not good! big inflated numbers, homogenized spell lists and bosses, and tweaks to the timed hit system that make it more tedious than engaging. but on the other hand you can fight magus and kyogre and the sunken ship's password has been changed to hatsune miku. the other hack is for smw, peach's adventure, and is much better. i played the one of the demos a couple of years ago and am pretty excited to finally see the last few worlds, if they're as good as the demo levels then it's on track to be one of the best smw hacks i've played

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

It doesn't break mine. But it is so stretched out it's unrecognizable.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Tried the AoE IV Stress Test. 3 vs AI. Made a bunch of peasants and buildings and stuff. Someone started building a great wall of china around our bases, AI mowing down workers from everyone while our dumbass pitiful armies chase them around too late to do anything.

This is exactly how I remember AoE2 with slightly 3der graphics.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mods are asleep post long clown

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Rarity posted:

don't make me turn this thread around!!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

New Super Metis posted:

don't make me turn this thread around!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I like what's going on here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Probated for mod sass

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought I was done with sekiro, but I’m not. I even uninstalled it so I could focus on trying out King’s Field 4. But five minutes in, the archaic control scheme ate through my patience very quickly, and a strong desire to play through sekiro again came over me and forced my hand

I love it, even if it’s my least favourite of the modern From games I’ve played (I just prefer more rpg stuff in my character action games)

I promise to play king’s field 4 properly afterwards...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sekiro analysis (in bullet point form, i.e. the best to communicate ideas):
- stealth is really fun, it’s extremely easy though
- enemies hit too hard. The later bosses kill you in two to three hits
- the later boss fights are too long. Ten minutes of high intensity, highly-demanding action is draining, especially when they’re this difficult and dying means starting over
- several of the optional bosses/minibosses are awful (demon of hatred and the headless warrior fights are pure trash)
- spirit emblem (a.k.a Magic Point) economy is pretty dumb, I still think they should refill when resting at bonfires, to better encourage messing around with the shinobi tools
- items found on exploration are nearly always disappointing, very little cool stuff, just a bunch of low-duration consumables and unremarkable upgrade materials. THIS IS MY LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT THE GAME
- story is cool (and very easy to follow by From standards)
- tons of fun NPC moments (the sake conversations are wonderful)
- beautiful environments, even if they’re not the most imaginative a lot of the time
- controls great, just moving around is a joy
- best grappling hook in all gamedom
- despite everything, many of the bosses have become real favourites of mine

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Getting on a plane for the first time in years, realizing 99% of my music listening requires being connected to the internet now, impulse buying the 13 sentinels remix album

Edit I think the URL broke

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Remix & Arrange Album -The Branched- by Yoshimi Kudo & Basiscape https://music.apple.com/us/album/%E5%8D%81%E4%B8%89%E6%A9%9F%E5%85%B5%E9%98%B2%E8%A1%9B%E5%9C%8F-remix-arrange-album-the-branched/1553002229

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 19, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

realizing 99% of my music listening requires being connected to the internet now

Just get Spotify Premium, it's got a listen to playlists offline feature

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rarity posted:

Just get Spotify Premium, it's got a listen to playlists offline feature

I have it and started downloading music there too, but they don’t have 13 sentinels music (at least not my region)

They DO have the ff14 soundtracks though

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

- several of the optional bosses/minibosses are awful (demon of hatred and the headless warrior fights are pure trash)

if you ever feel up to taking on the headless hassholes again it turns out they're actually amazingly easy to cheese, they really do look a lot scarier than they really are

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

- items found on exploration are nearly always disappointing, very little cool stuff, just a bunch of low-duration consumables and unremarkable upgrade materials. THIS IS MY LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT THE GAME

if ur replaying it, you shoudllt ry seeing what happens when you go to certain areas out of order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wario Land is cute. Looks like it's got the Yoshi's Island thing of 100%ing it is the real game. Definitely feels like a kiddie game but I'm hoping it'll still be a good time