Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Yes, but never to do with Battletech and if you haven't it's just a big non-sequitur really.

You're blessed.

Moving on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only thing I know about Battletech is the intro to the animated series is excellently goofy and I would like it in SRW for precisely that reason.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
The great majority of BattleTech fans I’ve met are perfectly good enough at making fun of their own bad robot designs and the lovely lore that came with them. In fact that’s how Catalyst Game Labs hires them

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
My friend please let me tell you about the HawkWolf and how everything written about it is just to cover up the fact that its name is intentionally a combination of the two most common proper nouns in the entire game universe

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
The important thing is that when they first did a Japanese version of the original Battletech wargame, they hired Studio Nue to do new versions of the stuff that they had in some cases already designed the first time.

http://www.gearsonline.net/series/battletech/mecha/

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
The Studio Nue 'Mechs are beautiful and precious but don't erase how much hot garbage the Draconis Combine is, all the way through 3067

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

*Chicken sounds*

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

lmao at whatever that Battletech anime hater thing was supposed to be in a world where Clan players, the most Ur of Weebs, are so prolific

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

stabbington posted:

The important thing is that when they first did a Japanese version of the original Battletech wargame, they hired Studio Nue to do new versions of the stuff that they had in some cases already designed the first time.

Oops, I dropped my monster condom, that I use for my magnum laser

Those designs are p rad esp the Phoenix Hawk

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 16, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
clearly if srw 30 is successful on steam, then it's time for banpresto to include the western property everyone has been waiting for.

i am of course talking about rugrats with reptar and that mech from rugrats in paris

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

Having the combo partners as call-ins also means they could include Excellen without having to deal with the voice actress thing a bit longer.

I think when they announced her being in DD they said they were going to use already recorded lines and that was the going to be the plan going forward with the character.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Adding kyosuke but not excellen would be a drat crime.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Willo567 posted:

clearly if srw 30 is successful on steam, then it's time for banpresto to include the western property everyone has been waiting for.

i am of course talking about rugrats with reptar and that mech from rugrats in paris

HEY

LOOK

IT'S SOME KIDS

ON THE BATTLEFIELD

WHAT'S A DINOSAUR TO DO WHEN THERE'S KIDS ON THE BATTLEFIELD

SOMEBODY CALL THEIR GUNDAM

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm hoping for Gilliam and Ingram, somehow.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
TBH A mainline SRW with most if not all of OGs as one of the IPs along with all the licensed ones would be pretty amazing, if not a big train wreck to write in

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I just want Folka to return

KoB
May 1, 2009

Willo567 posted:

i think you mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDjh6CID2u4

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm hoping for Gilliam and Ingram, somehow.
An updated XN Geist or Astranagant would be pretty cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

TBH A mainline SRW with most if not all of OGs as one of the IPs along with all the licensed ones would be pretty amazing, if not a big train wreck to write in
Theoretically you could just treat the OG anime like any other anime series, and give it exactly as much plot focus as any other anime series. It's a convoluted series with a lot of presumably playable mechs and enemy factions, but the same's true of some other actual anime they've used.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kusuha obviously, with a cardboard cut out of Bullet instead of Bullet himself, which is still an upgrade.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Senerio posted:

Kusuha obviously, with a cardboard cut out of Bullet instead of Bullet himself, which is still an upgrade.

How can it be an upgrade if nothing has changed?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Hellioning posted:

How can it be an upgrade if nothing has changed?

Cardboard Bullet won't speak.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only good thing about Bullet is his VA though.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Hellioning posted:

The only good thing about Bullet is his VA though.

Yeah, but Bullet doesn't even get any good lines, so Sugita is kinda wasted.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

stabbington posted:

Armored Core has at least a few of those in it.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Endorph posted:

Theoretically you could just treat the OG anime like any other anime series, and give it exactly as much plot focus as any other anime series. It's a convoluted series with a lot of presumably playable mechs and enemy factions, but the same's true of some other actual anime they've used.

That's how Masoukishin and SRX got treated in Alpha 1, so it has precedent.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I like how VTX had older originals cameo and I think it's a good way to go forward.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I started a draft, but no one signed up for it despite me linking to it in this thread. Are people just not interested, or maybe want to play a different game?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979280

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

I started a draft, but no one signed up for it despite me linking to it in this thread. Are people just not interested, or maybe want to play a different game?

I saw but I'm not sure interested in running V again that soon, sorry.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Dance Officer posted:

I would, but my copy of V's still with a classmate because I lent it to him right before COVID and I'm still working through GC.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I saw it but I don't really enjoy drafts, sorry.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'd be interested, but I have yet to finish a single srw draft I participated in.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I just don't don't find drafts different enough from how I normally play SRW.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I don't really have the time for it right now, plus I don't want to burn myself out on SRW before 30. I love these games but I need a break between them.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dance Officer posted:

I saw it, but I'm LPing SRW 2, 2G, and 2 Complete Box. I may be a masochist, but not enough of one to add playing a draft to that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I played one SRPG draft in high school and could not comprehend the basic concept of 'sometimes it's better to eat the penalty and use a good unit rather than spend hours trying to solo a chapter with a weak unit and end up with a poo poo score anyway' so I'm not sure drafts are for me.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
There's also 30 coming out in slightly over a month's time so I don't want to burn myself out on SRWs.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Kerot had better be in 30, even if as DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2LvRTprUIw

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Hellioning posted:

I played one SRPG draft in high school and could not comprehend the basic concept of 'sometimes it's better to eat the penalty and use a good unit rather than spend hours trying to solo a chapter with a weak unit and end up with a poo poo score anyway' so I'm not sure drafts are for me.

It sounds like you fit right in with the draft crowd, to be honest.

How do people feel about a Z2 superdraft instead of V?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dance Officer posted:

It sounds like you fit right in with the draft crowd, to be honest.

How do people feel about a Z2 superdraft instead of V?

Oooooh, now that I’d be down. That’s a way to deal with the unit bloat.