Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

A Make a Wish child’s final wish was to meet the superstars of AEW, Max Caster and MJF enter the hospital room to the child’s delight. After several minutes the flatlining of an EKG is heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
2.0 as BTE champs rule
Layla is adorable and drunk Silver is great
Please recruit Batista to Dark Order
HOOK sighting at 10:14

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I hope the Owen tourney has representatives from all of AEW’s partner companies. It would really make it seem like an industry-wide celebration.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

I would not assume that at all, the Bret and Martha relationship is.. strained, to put it mildly.

One great thing that could come out of this is them mending fences.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

That didn’t take long at all to get to “And MJF or Caster are going to say something inappropriate and RUIN it”, good job thread.

Then I guess I’ll also get this one out of the way:

I’m worried that AEW signing dead people means they’ll try to sign Chris Benoit to use in the video games

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’m worried that AEW signing dead people means they’ll try to sign Chris Benoit to use in the video games

No, but they should honor Nancy/Woman.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Alex came back for drunk Johnny :3:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I speculated that AEW and Martha were working on something when AEW filed a trademark for King of Harts and I’m glad to see that things headed in this direction. I think it’s going to be a real good partnership and I can’t wait until AEW can run a show in Calgary.

Yeah, I wonder if "King of Harts" was vetoed by WWE or what? It's a better name than the Owen Cup (but this is still very cool).

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My dark horse choice for the Owen cup would be Pillman Jr. It'd be a tremendous feather in his cap.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Myself, I'm personally worried that BBT creating an ersatz territory system means that he'll go full Bill Watts and bully rookies and legit kick them in the stomach for laughs

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Myself, I'm personally worried that BBT creating an ersatz territory system means that he'll go full Bill Watts and bully rookies and legit kick them in the stomach for laughs

He already makes rookies fly to Florida to film Dark, the man is a bully

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Writer Cath posted:

My dark horse choice for the Owen cup would be Pillman Jr. It'd be a tremendous feather in his cap.

Mine is the biggest Owen mark in the world.

I aint your friend,
and you're not mine

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, I wonder if "King of Harts" was vetoed by WWE or what? It's a better name than the Owen Cup (but this is still very cool).

My default assumption was that it was too close to King of the Ring to run with, but while King of Harts is a cool tournament name, I think the simplicity of "Owen Hart Cup" might be better because it gives it a sports-y faux prestige feeling that you don't get a lot of in wrestling

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm not sure if i;m glad or not that Silver saying "i'm gonna milk bear bronson" turned out as it did.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bme_87/status/1439972009274916867

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I appreciate what he's doing but the Nemeth stuff on BTE is an instant skip for me now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BTE was lovely this week

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BTE was lovely this week

kinda, but i always enjoy how many wrestlers materialize out of thin air whenever a stupid physical challenge is happening

edit: really missed an opportunity to give us the Sweet & Sour Hungee Boy

smarxist fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 20, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

explosivo posted:

I appreciate what he's doing but the Nemeth stuff on BTE is an instant skip for me now.

"now"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BTE was lovely this week

STILL DIVISION ONE

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MorningMoon posted:

I'm not sure if i;m glad or not that Silver saying "i'm gonna milk bear bronson" turned out as it did.

definitely perked my ears up lmao

party monster johnny thirsty has been a highlight of bte i just wish there was some more sour johnny

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bear bryant is all elite

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Not being Vince McMahon

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The Owen Cup should come in the form of two trophies that the winner has to carry with them at all times

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
wow first owen then batista big day for AEW

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bluetista vs Orange Cassidy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, the Owen Hart stuff seems pretty amazing

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's wild to think but that Brodie Lee tribute show was this completely unintentional moment that basically changed everything for AEW, like everything major they've gained lately has been as a result of the simple act of paying tribute to a deceased colleague.

Meanwhile WWE waited like a week before having heels cutting promos about how Eddie was burning in hell or whatever the gently caress.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"That is Peter's writing; it's pretty terrible."

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

It's wild to think but that Brodie Lee tribute show was this completely unintentional moment that basically changed everything for AEW, like everything major they've gained lately has been as a result of the simple act of paying tribute to a deceased colleague.

Meanwhile WWE waited like a week before having heels cutting promos about how Eddie was burning in hell or whatever the gently caress.

I think it was less that they did a nice tribute show and more that a lot of people in the company knew he was sick but everybody was respectful enough to not let the information get out. That seems really uncommon when you have such a potentially large circle of people who could know what's really going on. Seems like it made AEW seem like a tight-knit group and a family than just another promotion.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
I'm all for the Owen Hart Memorial Cup, and I'd also be down for a Shannon Spruill Memorial women's tourney and a Bobby Eaton Memorial Tag Team Cup tourney

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
finally a set of bangers
https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1440003502793703426

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Might have to break the seal on AEW action figures for the Thunder Rosa one

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The Eddie Kingston figure needs a voice box so he can cut promos on all your other toys.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Brian Cage figure is just an old He-Man figure with different hair.

Speaking of the Absolute one, apparently he's permanently replacing Mark Henry at the desk for Rampage and Henry will stick to backstage stuff. Probably for the best right now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
where the gently caress is the HOOK figure cmon aewailures pull it together

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Treating people with respect actually pays off? Who knew?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
I like Mark Henry but his "big friendly guy" energy is just too low-key for Rampage. If he was doing commentary on Dark or Elevation he'd be fine.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Drakkel posted:

I think they waited at least a month before the "Eddie's in hell" comment but I can't be assed to look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

shiksa posted:

where the gently caress is the HOOK figure cmon aewailures pull it together

triumphant reveal after he makes punk tap to the JUJI GATAME in two minutes