Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Disney shows and MCU stuff like Mandalorian and Wandavision

wandavision fans were pissed but also that was the best part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Handmaid's Tale was 0/11 because Biden won

Serf
May 5, 2011

i was watching some video on shang-chi and it was mildly interesting until the narrator was like "black panther was a great movie showing the struggles of colonized people." and then later said "and marvel did it even better with falcon and the winter soldier's exploration of race in america" and i just turned it off. if you haven't seen falcon and the winter soldier that show is so un-woke its asleep

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Serf posted:

i was watching some video on shang-chi and it was mildly interesting until the narrator was like "black panther was a great movie showing the struggles of colonized people." and then later said "and marvel did it even better with falcon and the winter soldier's exploration of race in america" and i just turned it off. if you haven't seen falcon and the winter soldier that show is so un-woke its asleep

In the falcon show there is a scene where he saves a police officer and blm protestor and then gives a speech about how both sides have bad apples.

Serf
May 5, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

In the falcon show there is a scene where he saves a police officer and blm protestor and then gives a speech about how both sides have bad apples.

black man experimented on, tortured and unjustly imprisoned by the united states: they will never let a black man be captain america, and no self-respecting black man would want to
*sam puts on a red white and blue costume made by wakandans and kills a refugee girl*
that guy from before, tears in his eyes: i was wrong, america is good and perfect

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9BjbBxrhE

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Serf posted:

i was watching some video on shang-chi and it was mildly interesting until the narrator was like "black panther was a great movie showing the struggles of colonized people."

when did it show this? Killmonger gave a monologue or two about it (specifically about how he helped it to happen lol) but I don’t remember really seeing it on screen

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Serf posted:

black man experimented on, tortured and unjustly imprisoned by the united states: they will never let a black man be captain america, and no self-respecting black man would want to
*sam puts on a red white and blue costume made by wakandans and kills a refugee girl*
that guy from before, tears in his eyes: i was wrong, america is good and perfect

Serf
May 5, 2011

indigi posted:

when did it show this? Killmonger gave a monologue or two about it (specifically about how he helped it to happen lol) but I don’t remember really seeing it on screen

asking the white lady where her ancestors got the african artifacts in their museum. literally that's it lol. no mention of how the movie shows the wakandans allying with the cia or how killmonger's plan was to arm oppressed people across the globe

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

*gary sinise narrates*

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Judakel posted:

surprised you guys aren't talking about the emmys. so much for the pop culture thread

the most cspammy thing about the emmys was how no one was masked despite newsom bragging about how hes the best covid governor thanks to his mask mandate whos also beloved by all of hollywood

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

also gets denied a loan like lol just call Happy

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

It's beautiful

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Bootleg Trunks posted:

whats adult swim going to do without a massive pile of half hour shows like family guy, american dad, bobs burgers and king of the hill

Play the same 5 episodes of Rick and Morty

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Koirhor posted:

also gets denied a loan like lol just call Happy

no bank would deny him a loan under any circumstances when he has millions of dollars in collateral that he wears in a loving backpack and even if that backpack weren't his and he merely borrowed it they would just offer to give him the money in return for appearing on a loving billboard

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

no bank would deny him a loan under any circumstances when he has millions of dollars in collateral that he wears in a loving backpack and even if that backpack weren't his and he merely borrowed it they would just offer to give him the money in return for appearing on a loving billboard

yes that too

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

spacemang_spliff posted:

Play the same 5 episodes of Rick and Morty
unlike most goons, I actually like R&M well enough; its a fun way to blow 20 minutes. but man i can't imagine rewatching it syndication-style.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Xaris posted:

unlike most goons, I actually like R&M well enough; its a fun way to blow 20 minutes. but man i can't imagine rewatching it syndication-style.

I like it too, it's just they air it every day and it always seems to be the same handful of episodes but I make sure to watch new episodes

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I watch old news program from different states to just see poo poo.

Did anybody know that Dolly Parton has her own amusement park in Tennessee called dollywood.

Or was it okay to be surprised by this.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I watch old news program from different states to just see poo poo.

Did anybody know that Dolly Parton has her own amusement park in Tennessee called dollywood.

Or was it okay to be surprised by this.

smh if you've never been.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What about Euro-Dollywood

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

indigi posted:

smh if you've never been.

GOD DAMNMIT.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

to be honest I've never been to Dollywood but I have been to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede which is basically just Medieval Times but, like, southern. there's a part where they have women race ostriches around a track. they're small women cause they have to be able to fit on an ostrich and light enough so the ostrich can run. one of the ladies fell off her ostrich and the ostrich did some threat display and started pecking at her and a man ran over and threw two haymakers into the ostrich's loving head

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I went to Dollywood almost every year as a kid. The log flume ride was fun

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

What about Euro-Dollywood

I don't know! I just found out about Dollywood.

indigi posted:

to be honest I've never been to Dollywood but I have been to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede which is basically just Medieval Times but, like, southern. there's a part where they have women race ostriches around a track. they're small women cause they have to be able to fit on an ostrich and light enough so the ostrich can run. one of the ladies fell off her ostrich and the ostrich did some threat display and started pecking at her and a man ran over and threw two haymakers into the ostrich's loving head
loving ostriches.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I went to Dollywood almost every year as a kid. The log flume ride was fun

Sounds like fun.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Serf posted:

asking the white lady where her ancestors got the african artifacts in their museum. literally that's it lol. no mention of how the movie shows the wakandans allying with the cia or how killmonger's plan was to arm oppressed people across the globe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i saw a clip from what i assume is disney's "the exact same marvel movies but slightly different as a lazy cgi" tv show where it basically boils down to the heroic black character going "you can only change it from the inside" and getting shanked by the Bad Black Liberation character

https://streamable.com/v8gq6k

lol at this garbage

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
what the gently caress is that telltale game animation lmao

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

come on someone talk about the emmys look i have a tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1440056969935536135

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/xor/status/1365088599142711296?s=20

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

yellowcar posted:

i saw a clip from what i assume is disney's "the exact same marvel movies but slightly different as a lazy cgi" tv show where it basically boils down to the heroic black character going "you can only change it from the inside" and getting shanked by the Bad Black Liberation character

https://streamable.com/v8gq6k

lol at this garbage

Eat your propaganda timmy.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
ladies and trans gentlemen, i have terrible news all cis men are dead and society is collapsing

i have even worse news as well, there is actually one alive and he has a lisp

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lmao, that show owns.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao, that show owns.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1439975342307885063

Lol

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
how does anyone get jedi powers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The United States posted:

they explained this in episode one, keep up

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

she also shot down all those 'saved in the edit' people who credit her with basically saving star wars. she also hated episode 1 so much that she cried. basically, her comments are all really interesting.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
goddamn, that blew rear end. don't watch y the last man, it left me saying y did this show get greenlit

folx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I mean y the last man was a lame comic so they're just staying true to the source material

Watch doom patrol instead!

indigi posted:

This is amazing

The United States posted:

Ya just gotta ~believe~