Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It really owns that whenever the French go on strike, they burn everything down and riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It really owns that whenever the French go on strike, they burn everything down and riot.

seems like Americans could get something for themselves if we did that. Just a thought.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Stereotype posted:

it's easy to otherize the french because they don't speak english, they speak in a different way that is very easy to mock.
the french don't think of anyone else but the french at all. they can't be mocked.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

seems like Americans could get something for themselves if we did that. Just a thought.

we do it for sports

for wins and losses

like drinking too much

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

the french don't think of anyone else but the french at all. they can't be mocked.

not true, they also think about their former colonies and the horrible ways they mangle the language

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hobbesmaster posted:

not true, they also think about their former colonies and the horrible ways they mangle the language
that's because they're technically french and can therefore be thought of (if not obsessed over) by the french

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

that's because they're technically french and can therefore be thought of (if not obsessed over) by the french

they refuse to take back quebec though, the fucks

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

they refuse to take back quebec though, the fucks
it is very funny that the bloc quebecois would have lost way more support/seats if a debate moderator hadn't questioned laïcité

:mods:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Shaggar posted:

if the death cult were more efficient at killing its members it wouldnt be so bad.

they’re working on it

someone needs to start telling CHUDs that drain cleaner can prevent COVID but only in adults

(otherwise they’ll give it to their kids first)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

eschaton posted:

they’re working on it

someone needs to start telling CHUDs that drain cleaner can prevent COVID but only in adults

(otherwise they’ll give it to their kids first)

donald trump told them that a year ago lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Stereotype posted:

yeah it kinda set the bar hence horse paste seems like a valid option to them

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Stereotype posted:

meanwhile in wisconsin, home of satirical news source "the onion", the children of hot takes go unfed

who can eat jokes?

irony, the little labradoodle pup eyes a bowl full of nothing

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

we tried that and it got us *checks notes* more police funding

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stereotype posted:

the clorox man with the clorox plan

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
no that’s Todd Clorox

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
ok so how many mules are on the team for this here "chlorox" bullshit

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Berkshire Hunts posted:

we tried that and it got us *checks notes* more police funding
https://twitter.com/teenagestepdad/status/1440361276253687812?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1440751600029429762?s=21

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

havana syndrome is totally going to end up being caused by some piece of cia hardware isn't it?

Apr 7, 2003

That's right, I've got Havana Syndrome. "Havana" great day!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it meets all the hallmarks for a psychogenic illness

peep those symptoms

also apparently "getting bombarded with microwaves" has been a joke at the cuban embassy since at least the 90s

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's also highly implausible some kind of unknown ray gun could be deployed covertly to attack US embassies all around the world, including in Europe. But at least now all those CIA agents with Morgellons can get some relief.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i like this one tbh

https://twitter.com/BlueSpaceCanary/status/1440755928161128449

Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it meets all the hallmarks for a psychogenic illness

peep those symptoms

also apparently "getting bombarded with microwaves" has been a joke at the cuban embassy since at least the 90s

so it's a hangover? lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fame Douglas posted:

It's also highly implausible some kind of unknown ray gun could be deployed covertly to attack US embassies all around the world, including in Europe. But at least now all those CIA agents with Morgellons can get some relief.

it is more plausible that we have a raygun and it doesnt work but does make people near it ill

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

yeah, those guys that filed that area 51 environmental suit that was in retrospect about cancer due to whatever ultra carcinogenic RAM coatings the F-117 and B-2 were covered in during testing should've come up with some soviet satellite angle

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

so it's a hangover? lol

havana club syndrome

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the funniest thing is that no one at all who is even kinda important is reporting symptoms

like "they hit" some intern on the white house lawn while potus was inside lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

That's right, I've got Havana Syndrome. "Havana" great day!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the medical history podcast "sawbones" did a good ep on the timeline/facts of havana syndrome assuming you can listen to justin mcelroy

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins posted:

assuming you can listen to justin mcelroy

No, thanks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yeah I have Havana syndrome. Havana small dick.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

eschaton posted:

no that’s Todd Clorox

it's clorox bleachman

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

the medical history podcast "sawbones" did a good ep on the timeline/facts of havana syndrome assuming you can listen to justin mcelroy

i cannot. will you summarize it?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

so it's a hangover? lol

yeah it’s just a bunch of low level state department people who drank too much and are covering their rear end or something

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol

*face down on desk, sweat soaking through shirt*

god, bill, you look like poo poo! what happened, you spend all night at that lovely strip joint again?

what? no, man, i *buuuurrrrp* uhhh it was, fuckin, some cubans in a van, they shot me with ah, uh, like a microwave gun or something *vomits into mouth a little*

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fart simpson posted:

yeah it’s just a bunch of low level state department people who drank too much and are covering their rear end or something

drinking in cuba? seems unlikely

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

i cannot. will you summarize it?
i'll listen to it again tomorrow and give it a shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it is basically extremely psychogenic and weird sounding. but yeah a particular auditory symptom reported really sounds like it was a local type of cricket lol