Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh yeah, the part where Johnny 5 comes to the diner, that was weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Now I'm picturing Twin Peaks but with regular guest stars playing their characters from other shows like they used to do on sitcoms, and it's the most amazing thing.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Denise has a separated-at-birth identical twin who, along with his partner Dana Scully, comes to Twin Peaks to investigate these reports of tulpas

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

"Just you
A-live
Just you
A-live
Together
Forever
A-live"

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

"Just you
A-live
Just you
A-live
Together
Forever
A-live"

Lol

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

Denise has a separated-at-birth identical twin who, along with his partner Dana Scully, comes to Twin Peaks to investigate these reports of tulpas
I was thinking Golden Girls on a road trip

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Not sure if :thejoke: but that's WALL-E

Chris Knight posted:

"Just you
A-live
Just you
A-live
Together
Forever
A-live"
This is good though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/candon_sean/status/1439950373222035461

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Benjamin and Jerry Horne are two of the most unlikeable characters I have ever encountered.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

side_burned posted:

Benjamin and Jerry Horne are two of the most unlikeable characters I have ever encountered.

Benjamin, sure. But Jerry? Come on man

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Jerry Horne looks like Morrissey. In fact, I think I’d prefer him to Morrissey.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

multijoe posted:

Benjamin, sure. But Jerry? Come on man

Give them time. I just restarted season 1 and had forgotten just how sleazy the Horne brothers are during Jerry's first few scenes. He's got a long way to go until season 3 Jerry.

Blotto_Otter fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 20, 2021

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Was it David Lynch or Wes Craven who wanted subtext when they cast Everett McGill and Wendy Robie?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
The scene with the Horne brothers and the sandwiches is hard to dislike

E: convince me that Agent Tammy Preston is not actually a human suit full of snakes. You can’t.

zelah fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 20, 2021

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The brie baguette scene is one of the best in the entire original run, closely followed by the time they spontaneously break out into swing dancing. The morality of the character aside Jerry is honestly one of the MVPs of the cast

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

zelah posted:

The scene with the Horne brothers and the sandwiches is hard to dislike

E: convince me that Agent Tammy Preston is not actually a human suit full of snakes. You can’t.
I want to see Tammy Preston swallow a butter and brie sandwich whole.
Not in a sex way, but in a snake way.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

side_burned posted:

good because they're evil

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can never get over Benjamin jumping onto the desk and dancing when Leland comes back singing his little song. In a show full of very, very strange people, I love that the guy who you might expect to be the most serious/normal/corporate of them is just as much of a weirdo.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Some of you folks babble maybe a little too much in reaction to someone watching the series for the first time (side_burned) making an offhand comment about a character or two they've only just been introduced to. I think the newbie's perspective is the interesting one here!

That said, this is not a spoiler-free zone, so I guess it comes with the territory.

Zat fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Sep 21, 2021

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zat posted:

Some of you folks babble maybe a little too much in reaction to someone watching the series for the first time (side_burned) making an offhand comment about a character or two they've only just been introduced to. I think the newbie's perspective is the interesting one here!

That said, this is not a spoiler-free zone, so I guess it comes with the territory.

yeah on the one hand you should know what you're getting into if you announce in a preexisting unspoilered discussion thread that you're watching something for the first time, but on the other hand if you make a thread specifically for watching a show for the first time, anyone who spoils something should be sent to guantanamo bay

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Jerusalem posted:

I can never get over Benjamin jumping onto the desk and dancing when Leland comes back singing his little song. In a show full of very, very strange people, I love that the guy who you might expect to be the most serious/normal/corporate of them is just as much of a weirdo.

The confederacy thing in S2 is so bizarre and I still don’t know what the point of it all was. I guess Ben always fighting a losing battle? I don’t even know.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Dream like is a term thrown around a lot when people talk about Lynch and that does not describe Twin Peaks. Sure things are strange but they are strange in deliberate ways, Twin Peaks is strange the way a TS Eliot poems are strange. The line 'fire come walk with me' to me ear sounds like an Elliot line that could be part of an Eliot poem. If I can make sense of the lines 'Twit twit twit/Jug jug jug jug jug jug' a dancing little person is not that strange.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 22, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

side_burned posted:

a dancing little person is not that strange.

What about an antisemitic little person!?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

side_burned posted:

Dream like is a term thrown around a lot when people talk about Lynch and that does not describe Twin Peaks. Sure things are strange but they are strange in deliberate ways, Twin Peaks is strange the way a TS Eliot poems are strange. The line 'fire come walk with me' to me ear sounds like an Elliot line that could be part of an Eliot poem. If I can make sense of the lines 'Twit twit twit/Jug jug jug jug jug jug' a dancing little person is not that strange.

I agree, and most people disagree. But even those who disagree probably actually agree—they just don't know it.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Bird in a Blender posted:

The confederacy thing in S2 is so bizarre and I still don’t know what the point of it all was. I guess Ben always fighting a losing battle? I don’t even know.

Check out the Back to the Double R podcast on this one. They have an insightful take on it

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Piper Laurie dressed as a Japanese business man is one of cringest things I will ever see in my life.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

side_burned posted:

Piper Laurie dressed as a Japanese business man is one of cringest things I will ever see in my life.

It owns a lot

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The fact she kept it up to fool the other actors takes it to a whole new level.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
This show is about women having their lives ruined by the men they love and trust.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 23, 2021

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

side_burned posted:

This show is about women having their lives ruined by the men they love and trust.

you did it. you figured it out

close the thread, pack it up everyone

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

side_burned posted:

This show is about the friends we made along the way.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The show is about feels

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
The show is about a fuckin coffee aficionado in search of the perfect cup and meeting a lot of nice people along the way. That's it. What the gently caress is wrong with all of you.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

side_burned posted:

you just started a few days ago and you already made it to Fire Walk With Me?

shoeberto posted:

The show is about a fuckin coffee aficionado in search of the perfect cup and meeting a lot of nice people along the way. That's it. What the gently caress is wrong with all of you.

creamed corn is the opposite of coffee and donuts. coffee and donuts are a communal experience, meant to be shared with those around you, and represents finding comfort in the embrace of your fellow man. creamed corn is meant to be eaten shamefully, fearful that someone might witness you indulging in such a grotesque display

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Blotto_Otter posted:

creamed corn is the opposite of coffee and donuts. coffee and donuts are a communal experience, meant to be shared with those around you, and represents finding comfort in the embrace of your fellow man. creamed corn is meant to be eaten shamefully, fearful that someone might witness you indulging in such a grotesque display
Donuts and coffee are carbs and caffeine. CC.

Creamed corn is also CC.

Same letters, same manifestation, but polar opposites. Light and dark. Black and white. Like the lodges.

Lynch knew what he was doing.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

donuts and coffee also make dc...dougie cooper??

interesting thread to tug on for the next series

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Blotto_Otter posted:

you just started a few days ago and you already made it to Fire Walk With Me?

Honestly that idea poped into my mind while I watched Ed talk about how he is responsible for Nadine losing her eye.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 24, 2021

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

donuts and coffee also make dc...dougie cooper??

interesting thread to tug on for the next series

AC/DC

Agent Cooper / Dale Cooper, or Dougie Cooper? The duality of man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

side_burned posted:

Honestly that idea poped into my mind while I watched Ed talk about how he is responsible for Nadine losing her eye.

well it's definitely a theme that comes up a lot in Twin Peaks, so if you find that interesting, you're in for a lot once you get to FWWM. (I think FWWM is fantastic, but it is a bit of a shift in tone and storytelling focus from the first two seasons. Just don't go in expecting more adventures of Cooper and Friends and it'll be great.)