Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Mike will just be a VCR repairman that keep scamming Toriel while never repairing her VCR. That's why the tv is dusty: she's never watching those Night Court tapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Mike will just be a VCR repairman that keep scamming Toriel while never repairing her VCR. That's why the tv is dusty: she's never watching those Night Court tapes.

* Smells like cheap alchohol and nerd rage.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i cant wait to hang out with rich evans

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

i did notice that attack running insanely long, but i assumed it was intentional to give me more time to vibe with sweet and the gang

Same, especially because they just heal if you hit them. I thought it was a "don't even try fighting these guys" thing.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

You can apologize to one specific rudinn, afaik.

also hearthies iirc

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

MonsieurChoc posted:

In Side-B Noelle appears on the Ellen show

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dieting Hippo posted:

In Side-B Noelle appears on the Ellen show

Temmie is currently drawing a really depressing Dess The Birthday Girl sprite.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Only one other person noted it and it was instantly shot down as irrelevant, but the dust on the remote and tv can not just be "not used".

Every single time dust was referenced in Undertale, even when seemingly innocuous, turned out to be a reference to a dead monster.

I'm starting to suspect that Asriel "going to college" is more of a "went to a big farm up State" and is at the heart of a certain divorce.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Only one other person noted it and it was instantly shot down as irrelevant, but the dust on the remote and tv can not just be "not used".

Every single time dust was referenced in Undertale, even when seemingly innocuous, turned out to be a reference to a dead monster.

I'm starting to suspect that Asriel "going to college" is more of a "went to a big farm up State" and is at the heart of a certain divorce.

Then why would there be anything about him coming back? Keeping Kris out of the loop? It doesn't feel like that subject is particular sensitive when it comes up.

It would create parallels with Noelle & Dess.

But I do almost think there is something that feels suspicious about Asriel's absence.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

ikanreed posted:

So far Deltarune has played with player's expectations in almost every way, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case here. I mean, gently caress's sake, why wouldn't they clean their dead relative's ashes from the living room.

That said, Asriel might not be alive. Who knows. But I think it's not the case here.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Oxyclean posted:

Then why would there be anything about him coming back? Keeping Kris out of the loop? It doesn't feel like that subject is particular sensitive when it comes up.

It would create parallels with Noelle & Dess.

But I do almost think there is something that feels suspicious about Asriel's absence.

We've never seen a toriel lie to protect a child she underestimates from a harsh truth before, right?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Incredible leaked production image of Mike

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

ikanreed posted:

We've never seen a toriel lie to protect a child she underestimates from a harsh truth before, right?

If she's lying I would expect "Oh, Asriel said he's so busy at college he can't make it home", not "He'll be here in a week".

Plus Kris apparently chatted with him online before the town's internet went out.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ikanreed posted:

There aren't any references to someone being clubbed to death with a tutu.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The obvious flag to me remains that you hear Asriel will be home in a week, it's a single day later in chapter 2, and the chapter select screen conspicuously has 7 chapters.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

clearly asriel is the final boss again, oops spoilers for a SIX YEAR OLD GAME

SIX

YEARS

OLD

WHAT THE gently caress

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So we can stop spoilers?

So Sans and Asgore have dialogue about him keeping the flowers in glass like 'that one movie'. Asgore is gonna be The Beast in the dark world and we have to go through whatever emotional trauma and baggage there with prolly a Gaston character to boot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hogama posted:

The obvious flag to me remains that you hear Asriel will be home in a week, it's a single day later in chapter 2, and the chapter select screen conspicuously has 7 chapters.

Asriel is gonna come home right in the middle of the madness of the Roaring and be like Donald Glover coming in with the pizza and finding everything is on fire in Community.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Mostly minor stuff, like you'll start with a real basic inventory and such.

Only thing that I definitely felt was missing is that the default file assumes you didn't talk to Onion-san at the end of chapter 1. what the heck toby

If you don't load a save, you get a timeline where Kris did what they wanted during chapter 1, and Kris does not talk with their neighbors

nine-gear crow posted:

Asriel is gonna come home right in the middle of the madness of the Roaring and be like Donald Glover coming in with the pizza and finding everything is on fire in Community.

source

While searching for this I found out that Neo has special dialog if your equipment inventory is full when you beat him:

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
The end of ch2 has me thinking if Ralsei comes into the dark world created by Kris inside their house... how is Toriel going to react to that? Cause none of the other characters have really reacted to Ralsei looking a lot like Asriel, even ones that know what he looks like like Noelle and Berdly, but Toriel would definitely have something to say.

Maybe he'll put his hat back on so Toriel doesn't see the resemblance? He does seem to be suspiciously aware of things outside the Dark World.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

That top panel is incredible

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

MariusLecter posted:

So we can stop spoilers?

So Sans and Asgore have dialogue about him keeping the flowers in glass like 'that one movie'. Asgore is gonna be The Beast in the dark world and we have to go through whatever emotional trauma and baggage there with prolly a Gaston character to boot.
No one talks like this star
You'll all gawk at this star
Because nobody walks down the block like this star

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chocolate Bunny posted:

The end of ch2 has me thinking if Ralsei comes into the dark world created by Kris inside their house... how is Toriel going to react to that? Cause none of the other characters have really reacted to Ralsei looking a lot like Asriel, even ones that know what he looks like like Noelle and Berdly, but Toriel would definitely have something to say.

Maybe he'll put his hat back on so Toriel doesn't see the resemblance? He does seem to be suspiciously aware of things outside the Dark World.

She'll be too distracted by her own dark world counterpart, Roteli.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Quote isn't edit lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah, basically just like that.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Snake Maze posted:

If she's lying I would expect "Oh, Asriel said he's so busy at college he can't make it home", not "He'll be here in a week".

Plus Kris apparently chatted with him online before the town's internet went out.

Yeah, they'd be having to keep the lie from everyone in town (who is expecting Asriel to come home soon), including Asgore, and it goes against everything else we know about Kris's behavior.

There is one plot hole about all of this, though: Burgerpants is clearly exchanging text messages with someone, so it stands to reason that Kris/Asriel could text one another even if the internet is down. But maybe it's like Undertale in that said feature just doesn't exist.

Procrastine posted:

While searching for this I found out that Neo has special dialog if your equipment inventory is full when you beat him:

That's odd, I can't find this in the datamined dialogue / decompiled code anywhere. Is there a video of it online? I was looking at 1.00. This was added in a later version. :cripes:

Zamujasa fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 23, 2021

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Almost certainly fake

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Flesnolk posted:

Almost certainly fake

It's real, it's just not in version 1.00 and that's the one I was checking. Because somehow I goofed and created two copies of 1.00's strings list instead of 1.00 and 1.06 like I intended. :suicide:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Chapter 2 drops on Switch later today

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Deltarune chapter 2 hitting the Switch later today.

I want that Rude Buster remix in the trailer so bad.

Edit: drat too slow

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Any idea if the PS4 version will be out today as well?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dang that is a great Rude Buster remix.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Not yet, but I'm paying attention to the game's twitter.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtv-NH2XTQ

It's a cleaned up and professional mix of this one.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtv-NH2XTQ

It's a cleaned up and professional mix of this one.

This is dope, thanks!

Also the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFaWgp52IoM

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3893-CUSA15235_00-TFSHVCDRPS400084/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This is dope, thanks!

Also the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFaWgp52IoM

So if you have Chapter 1 is this being released as a separate game or an addon?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 24, 2021

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
i'm glad that this confirms our good buddy Spamton G Spamton will in fact be joining us for the ride and will be around to keep Jevil company

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

So if you have Chapter 1 is this being released as a separate game or an addon?

It's an update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Makes sense, thanks

Also the console version is out right now if anyone’s interested.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 24, 2021