Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Even work-like games tend to be consistent in rewarding you for performing tasks which actual work is increasingly spotty about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

cool twitter account
https://twitter.com/ani_obsessive/status/1438465437143126018
https://twitter.com/ani_obsessive/status/1273578828112236547
https://twitter.com/ani_obsessive/status/1433112666780823552

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A Talking Fish?!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm not going to watch Paw Patrol The Movie so will anyone spoil for me which of the Paw Patrollers die to make room for the new toy line?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rocky, Chickaletta, Captain Turbot, Chase (ACAB)

Oh sorry thought this was a list of which characters you wanted to die

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yo, Jiang Ziya looks slick.

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

yeah the movement there is great. its on amazon, looking at the rest for a second unfortunately only the intro is in that style. seems like the rest is regular 3d cg and kid humor

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Yeah, I was able to see Jiang Ziya at the drive-in, and while it has some sequences that look amazing (the intro particularly), there's a fair amount that's sort of so-so. The story as well is kind of middling. Kind of worth seeing, though, if only for the bits that distinguish it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The animation in A Talking Fish is also pretty impressive.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

We have reached a level beyond stunt casting.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1441168479864844292

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Jack Black as Bowser legit has me excited, not gonna lie

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Charlie Day as Luigi is the best choice in that cast.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Are they trying to remake the success of the Lego Movie?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Zero One posted:

Are they trying to remake the success of the Lego Movie?

If they were, they'd get Will Arnett and Alison Brie.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Great cast list for 2014.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I can get down with all the other cast members except for Chris Pratt. I'm kind of tired of him

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I wonder what role they're giving the actual guy who's played the voice of Mario since 64 (?), Charles Martinet.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

hiddenriverninja posted:

I wonder what role they're giving the actual guy who's played the voice of Mario since 64 (?), Charles Martinet.
He'll be the real Mario and Worst Chris Mario will be revealed to be an impostor

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Great cast list for 2014.
Well they've been working on this for at least 4 years now

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
EDIT: Double Post

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The United States posted:

He'll be the real Mario and Worst Chris Mario will be revealed to be an impostor

Chris Pratt is…Wario??

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Chris Pratt is…Wario??

I mean, have you seen Lego movie 2?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Wario and Waluigi show up at the end

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I’ve watched Wall-e like a dozen times or more this past week because it is my son’s new Obsession, which is fine, it’s not Cars and it’s not Raya so I’m thrilled. It had been a long while since I had seen it, but man, Pixar sure knows how to make you cry.
I love how Wall-e gets all doe-eyed when listening to EVE. I get like that with my wife still. :allears:

Why does AUTO tell the captain about the plant in the first place if his directive is to ensure the humans never go home

I want to see what happened to the other ships.

I also almost want to see the version of the movie that could have been, which had aliens and their slave race of slime slug things that turn out to be humans in the end…

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If Jean-Ralphio can play Sonic, Andy can play Mario. Looking forward to Leslie Knope as Samus.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Phylodox posted:

If Jean-Ralphio can play Sonic, Andy can play Mario. Looking forward to Leslie Knope as Samus.

I sort of love that idea. Have her be mega enthusiastic about bounty hunting regulations and xenobiology.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Dewey Duck as Sonic was perfect.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cant cook creole bream posted:

I sort of love that idea. Have her be mega enthusiastic about bounty hunting regulations and xenobiology.

Amy Poehler is a legitimately good voice actor too, and she does have a certain "raised by birds" vibe that is essential to Samus as a character.

I understand being skeptical about Chris Pratt, but the rest of the voice cast (Especially Jack Black, Charlie Day, and Keegan Michael Key) looks like good choices in my book.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah. I'm seeing a lot of the standard "HIRE VOICE ACTORS NOT CELEBRITIES" posts on Twitter, but pretty much all of them have done voice acting and (outside of Pratt) are inspired choices?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's kind of a mixed bag because there's also lots of CGI garbage being produced, but it does seem to me like animated movies are overall more respected now than they used to be, and I think more actors are aware of the fact that voice acting requires a different skill set. There are surely still some who just can't hack it or aren't willing to put in the effort. But it seems like less of a niche thing now, for better or for worse.

I guess the takeaway is the end product doesn't necessarily suffer like it used to, but I do still feel bad for anyone who's specifically devoted to the craft of voice acting.

Honestly I can't figure out how they're going to make Mario a tolerable movie character regardless. Him speaking in full sentences and sounding like an actual person (while still looking the way he usually does) just seems wrong.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm getting increasingly excited thinking about Charlie Day as Luigi.

The more I think about it the better it seems, it it already seemed fantastic.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Sir Lemming posted:

I think more actors are aware of the fact that voice acting requires a different skill set. There are surely still some who just can't hack it or aren't willing to put in the effort. But it seems like less of a niche thing now, for better or for worse.

I've been rewatching the Ice Age films (well, everything past the first two are first-time watches for me) and it's so clear that the only person doing any actual voice acting in those movies is John Leguizamo (and even he can be a bit one note). Ray Romano, Denis Leary, Queen Latifah et al just sound like they're flat reading the script into the microphone.

It's weird Ice Age became the big franchise too because those movies are so bland, while everything else by Blue Sky is pretty good (that I've seen; I have no idea what Epic is like but I'll watch it soon)

Rio is my favourite because brids are cool

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 25, 2021

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
Ya'll are crazy, Luca is the best thing Pixar has ever done. It's just an astounding achievement.

Rankin-Bass Hobbit best Hobbit, no contest.

Rankin-Bass Hobbit - Bakashi Fellowship - Rankin-Bass RotK best trilogy.

But the Jackson stuff was good. Just not enough singing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bakshi's LotR songs are famously not clothes-rendingly awful or anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o845kYYxenI

e: also I'll never stop lolling at how Rosenman was pissed that the main theme he composed for this movie got lost when it flopped so he just used it again in Star Trek IV

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
What would the Kubrick LOTR starring the beatles have been like, and how does this project relate to A Clockwork Orange

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Hedrigall posted:

It's weird Ice Age became the big franchise too because those movies are so bland, while everything else by Blue Sky is pretty good (that I've seen; I have no idea what Epic is like but I'll watch it soon)

Hope you love the movie enforcing the idea that families should put up and forgive fathers for abandoning their families because his work is soooooo important,

but yeah I think Ice Age is mostly because it's the Prehistoric Mammal movies, we get shitloads of dinosaurs but megafauna are relatively untouched despite having so many cool as gently caress animals.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The first Ice Age movie is fine. I think it's a nice little movie, and I think they do a good job with Manny's character. The second Ice Age movie is really basic but it's got a fun scene where Manny and... Girl Manny are arguing while the whole party is trying to balance on a pile of rocks that are about to fall over that's really fun. The third one is a silly dinosaur movie so it's like, watchable I think. Some of it.

Ice Age did not need five movies however. And looking it up, apparently it's going to be six movies soon.

The best thing about the Ice Age movies is the stuff with Scrat. Scrat causing Pangea to separate is just a fun time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I remember passing the first Scrat short around in the pre-meme-era Internet and telling each other "holy poo poo this upcoming Ice Age movie is going to be the poo poo (if it's anything like this)"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ps6nV4wiCE

RIOT games has spent 4 years making their upcoming tv show and it looks absolutely stunning. 9 episodes dropping 3 at a time for 3 weeks in November.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 25, 2021

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
it is loving embarrassing how much better that looks visually than What If?, a show from a company that literally exists because animation

but the cinematics and animation stuff has been the only thing league produces that i continue to pay attention to in the slightest so it's not that surprising either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Jerkface posted:

https://youtu.be/4Ps6nV4wiCE

RIOT games has spent 4 years making their upcoming tv show and it looks absolutely stunning. 9 episodes dropping 3 at a time for 3 weeks in November.
Holy poo poo that looks good.