Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, I can kinda play H-Warc, I'm not complaining about this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wake me up when Nero is back in.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

gently caress yes I will feed deep on the salt of people upset about this add

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
This gives me hope for a Mech Hisui DLC

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Can't believe Neco-Arc is going to be 50 dollar DLC.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/AryaTayebi/status/1441296635263258631

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

I'm sorry who is he

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ash Crimson posted:

I'm sorry who is he

ThatBlastedSalami, an extremely good content creator. Made a bunch of high quality characters guides for Tekken among other games.
https://www.youtube.com/c/ThatBlastedSalami

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
NuRedarc shows just how good the original melty arc was, although it's not quite the same, they've added a long slit because they just have to show off her legs and her sweater seems to be molded to her breasts for some reason

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i wonder what the reason is .

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/SuccADime/status/1441281795895414788?s=20

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Dang evil(?) Arc looks like she plays super cool as well. What was she like in the previous meltys that she appeared in?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Dang evil(?) Arc looks like she plays super cool as well. What was she like in the previous meltys that she appeared in?

Hardcore zoning

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

Hardcore zoning

Oh dang, really? I don't get that impression at all from the trailer they released, it looks like she's got cool dashy combos and dunks people into the ground with her air throw

Guess I'm less interested in her then unless they've changed that

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So I guess Red Arcueid is the equivalent of Orochi/Riot Iori?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

He's touched on it before and mentions it in that thread but BN straight up hates him. He puts out probably the best guides/content I've seen in any game regardless of genre and BN hate his guts for it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

So I guess Red Arcueid is the equivalent of Orochi/Riot Iori?
arcueid is one of the most powerful vampires, but she tries to restrain her bloodlust. thus she sleeps for hundreds of years and only wakes up to go beat up noted evil vampire roa whenever he resurrects, because thats a thing roa can do.

red arcueid is her fully giving into her vampiric side.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Oh dang, really? I don't get that impression at all from the trailer they released, it looks like she's got cool dashy combos and dunks people into the ground with her air throw

Guess I'm less interested in her then unless they've changed that
red arc is a zoner but she doesnt stay at full screen, her deal is that she uses zoning to get in on the opponent via controlling their space. red arc is strong zoning, the best air-to-air normals in the game, and insanely strong pressure, with the weakness being her ground game and ability to get out of the opponent's pressure, rather than just 'good at zoning, bad in melee.' so the cool dashy combos and dunks are a big part of her gameplan even in mbaa.

at least this is true of c-red arc who seems to be the moon this red arc is most based on

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

He's touched on it before and mentions it in that thread but BN straight up hates him. He puts out probably the best guides/content I've seen in any game regardless of genre and BN hate his guts for it.

what does it mean for bandai-namco to "hate" someone?

genuine question because i know absolutely nothing about this situation or the tekken community. is he like, barred from tournaments for stupid reasons constantly or something?

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Given what I've learned about Tsukihime remake spoilers, Dead Apostle Noel shouldn't be too far off from the future

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

red arc is a zoner but she doesnt stay at full screen, her deal is that she uses zoning to get in on the opponent via controlling their space. red arc is strong zoning, the best air-to-air normals in the game, and insanely strong pressure, with the weakness being her ground game and ability to get out of the opponent's pressure, rather than just 'good at zoning, bad in melee.' so the cool dashy combos and dunks are a big part of her gameplan even in mbaa.

at least this is true of c-red arc who seems to be the moon this red arc is most based on

Oh dang ok, thanks for the info. She sounds like the kind of character I'll have to try out then.

I love playing strong pressure characters with flashy conversions and stuff. Right now I'm thinking the characters I should try are Noel, Akiha for the set play and red arc. Maybe that Roa dude for his apparently crazy mid attack game?

Honestly though I'm really just looking for someone who plays similarly to Wagner in UNIST (and UNICLR too though she's pretty different there)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

The United States posted:

NuRedarc shows just how good the original melty arc was, although it's not quite the same, they've added a long slit because they just have to show off her legs and her sweater seems to be molded to her breasts for some reason

IIRC, it's because, and don't quote me on this, I could be incorrect, the character designer, and this is just a guess on my part, but I have a strong suspicion about it, loving sucks.

EDIT: Also it just occurred to me that Roa's full name is Michael Roa Valdamjong. Meaning everyone calls Roa by his middle name, which in some cases is fine, but Michael is also a perfectly fine name to call someone by, and you can even shorten it to Mike.

Mike the Vampire.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 24, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

IIRC, it's because, and don't quote me on this, I could be incorrect, the character designer, and this is just a guess on my part, but I have a strong suspicion about it, loving sucks.
nah, takeuchi rules

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ash Crimson posted:

I'm sorry who is he

That Blasted Salami on YouTube. What is he even talking about though?

Sad he won't make any more T7 videos.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah he basically made the best tekken content with great editing and production. That thread is wild, talking about massive corporate corruption and how BN doesn't like their podcast (which makes sense because its a terrible podcast, but who cares?)

This seems more like a personal issue and it's sad he's dropping the game because its some of the most helpful content out there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i really have no idea what he means in specific because he provides no actual examples or instances of bandai namco or the community acting out against him just some vague assertion that they dont like him

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat melty's got so many dope rear end characters I'm so ready for this game to be out in a week

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
that thread was weird in particular because it seems like his biggest greivance was that influencers and TOs didnt promote his channel? which like sucks but, idk nobody really has an obligation to do that.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

That's a real shame to see, his character walkthroughs are probably the best tutorial replacement BN could have asked for.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Gologle posted:

EDIT: Also it just occurred to me that Roa's full name is Michael Roa Valdamjong. Meaning everyone calls Roa by his middle name, which in some cases is fine, but Michael is also a perfectly fine name to call someone by, and you can even shorten it to Mike.

Mike the Vampire.

I actually don't know why people use Roa over Michael but it's probably because he was called Roa 99% of the time in Tsukihime?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think anyone even uses roa's full name in tsukihime, im pretty sure it was only revealed in an infobook years after the fact. same with nrvnqsr's real name (fabro rowan)

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Jazerus posted:

what does it mean for bandai-namco to "hate" someone?

genuine question because i know absolutely nothing about this situation or the tekken community. is he like, barred from tournaments for stupid reasons constantly or something?

He has a vod from a stream he did a few months ago that I can try to track down later where he gives specific examples of lower level bamco employees expressing interest in having his content put on official TWT streams instead of those stupid "blast from the past" sets to have short tutorial content as the breaks between games, and as soon as it gets up the chain a bit it gets completely shut down. Also, Harada and the Tekken twitter account now and then retweet that some random Joe Schmoe is streaming or like a youtube video or something but have never promoted his content. The way he described it in the video was that upper management take offense to the fact that he makes tutorials of their game and they feel like it shouldn't be necessary because Tekken is perfect and explains itself just fine.

A lot of it boils down to he feels like bamco should be promoting him and helping him out which is a matter of opinion and they're under no obligation to do so, but they probably should have by now. I'm obviously heavily biased in his favor because he makes great guides that are the primary reason I made it past the initial hump of getting the game and bamco is a company.

And the "inner circle" he keeps talking about is absolutely ten/o and everyone involved with them. If you aren't ten/o, bamco won't work with you.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm not familiar with the situation at all and I don't watch any Tekken stuff but I feel like there are perfectly good reasons for higher ups to not want to put a random youtuber's content in official streams that aren't them holding a weird grudge.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah I agree, idk if he's going to elaborate more. In that VOD I mentioned (that I now can't find), he said there was stuff he couldn't/wouldn't talk about so not sure if that'll ever surface. I'm just bummed hes done making content for Tekken, but I'll watch whatever he puts out just to pass the time and see well produced videos.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

remember when they pissed a bunch of people off by giving Some Influencers™ access to a big patch early, except like half of them weren't tekken players, or even FG players at all. that was weird. namco does weird poo poo sometimes.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Shoutout to the guy who had his twitch set to playing the new patch and he was just playing Flight Sim

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

No company owes you anything if you are an influencer, yet I do know it can really sting and suck when you see yourself getting passed over for the pre-ordained company favourites/"inner circle" as it were.

From my experience Bandai Namco is the absolute worst of all the FG companies though for dealing with the public/content creators.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It’s basically the same as the guy pissed that disney didn’t invite him to Star Wars land eventhough he’s been a fan for a whole 5 years

Okay not quite the same since that Star Wars guy didn’t produce anything of worth and was FAR more of a pathetic baby about it, but same basic principle.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s basically the same as the guy pissed that disney didn’t invite him to Star Wars land eventhough he’s been a fan for a whole 5 years

Okay not quite the same since that Star Wars guy didn’t produce anything of worth and was FAR more of a pathetic baby about it, but same basic principle.

that sounds like a completely different situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
How strong are throws in melty blood? I know there are throw enders but that's about all I know.

Are there true grapplers?