Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Groetgaffel posted:

I never got paid, and all they have is Liberty Ale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Uh... just call me Trent. :v:

For a guy that shot through thousands of pirates/ aliens/people have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, he really gets embarrassed of his first name.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I have 42 characters left to name the title, YouTube gives us a generous 100 characters to play around with.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I have 42 characters left to name the title, YouTube gives us a generous 100 characters to play around with.

I'm a Hero but I never got paid and as I go back to freelancing all I have is Liberty Ale.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Cooked Auto posted:

I'm a Hero but I never got paid and as I go back to freelancing all I have is Liberty Ale.

While I do appreciate the effort, it would look very out of place if that was the complete title of the video.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Yeah it was a bit of a stretch wasn't it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I have no Sidewinder Fang and I must scream

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm torn between three titles for the next video:

I'm a hero, but I'm back to freelancing

I never got paid

I'll never get used to Liberty Ale

Right now I've titled it with the first option.

It's time to drink and get paid, and all they have is liberty ale

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've just got home from work and thought that I'd take a screenshot of the player status now the story is over. I've only just noticed that Trent seems to have gone from level 17 to level 25. It definitely seems like they've cut the entire Rheinland segment from the storyline as their ships are available from level 20 onwards.

Thank you for the suggestions for the title, I still only have 42 characters available after "Let's Play: Freelancer (Part 36) Story Mission Thirteen - "

We even got a medal is another potential one.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 25, 2021

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
Nomad's Sky

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Gothsheep posted:

Nomad's Sky

This is genius. :allears:

I change my preference.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Gothsheep posted:

Nomad's Sky

Oh yeah

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Thank you Gothsheep for coming up with the title.

New Information: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=159595

This is the last story mission and it went pretty smoothly, for the most part, the main thing is that I didn't blow up. There are still a lot of systems to explore including Rheinland space, the Independent systems, the Border Worlds, the Edge Worlds and a few others. I'm not sure where I'm going to head towards first, but now we're back in Liberty space it would probably make more sense to branch out from there and start with the systems that were too high level for me before.

I'll post a screenshot of the player status underneath, if anyone wants to see the reputations in full then I'll work on it later. As you can see, Liberty space is now friendly towards us in general as are the Blood Dragons. Rheinland, Kusari and Bretonia are now all neutral towards us. There are a lot of companies that are now neutral or slightly negative towards us and the rogues as a collective still hate our guts. It's at this point where I'll tweak the reputations with neutral organisations if their attitude towards us is negative to the point where they're actively uncooperative or hostile. I'm not going to tweak the rogue's attitudes until we've explored the universe and I'm focusing solely on that side of things. From what I understand from experience, the level of ships that inhabit a system is localised to that particular system and not scaled to your level. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

From what I understand from experience, the level of ships that inhabit a system is localised to that particular system and not scaled to your level. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

this is correct! if you modify saves to put yourself in the late-game areas before you're actually able to access them, trash mobs can often one-shot you lol

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
I would suggest starting the post-game exploration with Rheinland area or moving through the border/independent world towards it, as Rheinland has the next tier of ships, including a Heavy Fighter that has better stats than the Very Heavy Fighter Order let us keep and the enemy levels are reasonable.
You can also start a pretty good trade run when you need the money (unless you edit saves) by buying diamonds from Rheinland and hauling them to New Tokyo with the fattest freighter available. You can even use the jump hole to Sigma-13 in New Berlin as a shortcut to Kusari space.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Did they really bring in Tony Jay just for that last couple lines, or had his character been featured in earlier cutscenes and I've just forgotten?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Did they really bring in Tony Jay just for that last couple lines, or had his character been featured in earlier cutscenes and I've just forgotten?

Rheinland Chancellor.

Sharing the voice gives the last scene a bit of a funny (and unintended) dun dun duuuuunn vibe.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Lulti posted:

I would suggest starting the post-game exploration with Rheinland area or moving through the border/independent world towards it, as Rheinland has the next tier of ships, including a Heavy Fighter that has better stats than the Very Heavy Fighter Order let us keep and the enemy levels are reasonable.
You can also start a pretty good trade run when you need the money (unless you edit saves) by buying diamonds from Rheinland and hauling them to New Tokyo with the fattest freighter available. You can even use the jump hole to Sigma-13 in New Berlin as a shortcut to Kusari space.

That's not a bad idea, seeing as we're in Liberty space now I think that I'll start by filling in some blanks along the way. Shikoku is only a couple of jumps away from Colorado and there's a big blank space on my current map. I think that I'll start with Kepler or Galileo and then fill in Sigma-13's blanks before heading into Rheinland space.

I did say that I was going to do at least one trade run, I could definitely fill up a freighter full of diamonds. The Golden Chrysanthemums are negative towards us but probably not enough to deny us access to their base, I might even attempt a Cardamine run from Hokkaido to Planet Manhattan. The Outcasts have the lowest selling price for Cardamine but they're not in a mood to invite us over for afternoon tea.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I would insist on advising you to, after showing off what your SHF does to poor liberty scrubs who get in its way, try to grab the Dromedary this time around. :) It's a good ship, especially for its level.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
While I've never tried to go back to toledo after the last mission, I'm pretty sure the ship Orillion is making available to you is the anubis that you already have.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Groetgaffel posted:

While I've never tried to go back to toledo after the last mission, I'm pretty sure the ship Orillion is making available to you is the anubis that you already have.

Yeah, I'd assumed that line was a holdover from when they expected the Reinland part to be longer, and for you to buy a Valkyrie during it. Then you'd use the Valk during the first parts of the Order missions, and only get the Anubis for that final mission.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

So the tentative plan is to go to Megallan to pick up the Dromedary and fill in the blanks then pay a visit to its neighbour Cortez who are both east of Bretonian space. Then I'll swing by Magellan to pick up the Dromedary and fill in the blanks.) Liberty space is surrounded by Independent systems so I'll hit Kepler and Galileo which are south of Kusari space, then swing by Bering and Hudson who are west of Rheinland. I'll go straight into Rheinland space afterwards. I'll be tweaking the reputations of any neutral organisations in each system who are negative towards us into being positive, then switch them back after the tour is complete as I don't want to overly manipulate the balance of power into an unfair advantage. I'm not going to tweak things too far, just enough so their representatives speak to us. I'll be transparent as much as I can be with each update.

Apart from the pirate ships, I'm fairly certain that the Dromedary is the only lower-level ship that I haven't used yet. Ah bollocks, there's also the Dagger!

I have a bad cold at the moment so I won't be committing to a recording for another day or two.

Edit: The Dagger is a Border World ship but it's only available on Buffalo Base which is owned by the Liberty Rogues.

Double edit: The Dromedary is on Mactan Base, which is owned by the Lane Hackers who want to shoot us into space dust.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 28, 2021

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Now with the rep sheet reset after the end of the campaign, i would maybe working on getting into the good graces of the lane hackers and grab that freighter. (Your decision if you want to grab the dagger before, but i would pass. The Dagger has lost its use outside Liberty systems). Lots of Xenos to shoot.

Those strong endgame fighters and gear are hilariously expensive. That big cargo would come to some good use hauling diamonds to New Toyo and with the rep sheet there should be some relatively quiet runs between Rheinland and Kusari in for you.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I did say that I was going to tweak the reputations and there's no real reason why I shouldn't do the same to purchase non-pirate ships. I would like to show off the Dagger for one tour as I've shown off all of the other ships so far.

Edit: I forgot about the Anubis being worth only $100.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

I did say that I was going to tweak the reputations and there's no real reason why I shouldn't do the same to purchase non-pirate ships. I would like to show off the Dagger for one tour as I've shown off all of the other ships so far.

Edit: I forgot about the Anubis being worth only $100.

Yeah, it's weird. Normally a ship has a trade-in value when you buy a new ship. Since the Anubis is only worth 100 bucks, you'll actually get a big lump sum of money when you buy it because your trade-in value will be a lot higher than that, but upgrading out of it will be painful.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've completed the tour of Cortez with the Dagger and it went relatively smoothly. The rogues in the system are somewhat of a threat again in big numbers and even though my test run went pretty well they once again decided to all come out while the cameras were rolling. Magellan is planned next but I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed with it just yet. There are three options in mind:

1) I explore Magellan with the Dagger but with the Lane Hackers reputation tweaked so I can land on Mactan Base at the end and then purchase the Dromedary for the next system. The Lane Hackers are prominent in Magellan so it would give me an unfair advantage while exploring.

B) I go back to Mactan Base, tweak the reputation to purchase the Dromedary and then head back to Liberty Space. After returning back to Liberty space I tweak the reputation back and then explore the system as normal.

3) I tweak the reputation, land at Mactan Base, purchase the Dromedary and then tweak the reputation back. This means that I start the tour at Mactan Base with the Lane Hackers and their friends wanting to turn me into scrap as I slowly roll out of their dock in my new spaceship. Imagine Trent sneaking into the base wearing a false moustache and it's suddenly fallen off as soon as he's been handed the keys to his shiny new ride.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
How can we possibly vote for anything but 3?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

There are three options in mind:

I need your clothes, your boron, and your Dromedary

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I love it!

Psion posted:

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Psion posted:

loving lmao

I can see Trent just crack pinging after the whole campaign going "oh I'm getting my million credits"

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I forgot to mention that I tried to install the HD mod but it kept giving me errors. It also installed the files in a place where it said it wasn't and I can't find them even with Windows search, so I've lost about 10gbs of hard drive space with nothing actually appearing. I managed to extract the files and copy them directly into the Mod Manager folder which made it load correctly in the application, but it still came up with errors while trying to install\activate the mod directly. The only mods that I have installed are the HUD shift and the widescreen mod, both of which are .dll's which I renamed as not to cause any issues. I thought that I'd give it a try now that we're in post-story mode. I could try copying and pasting the files directly into\over the Freelancer folder this weekend as I've already backed up the whole folder. As of right now, the HD mod is broken for me.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

New Information: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=159642

There isn't a whole lot to see in Cortez so this video is fairly short which I'm quite thankful for as this was recorded with a bad cold. I decided to do this tour with the Dagger, a level four Borderworld light fighter which, for some reason, isn't sold in the Border Worlds and is only available on Buffalo Base. In this system, there is one base, one pirate base, a couple of jump holes and one wreck. I'm not overly happy with the recording, but with this cold and having to do a few restarts I thought this wasn't as bad as the previous ones. "Fun" Fact: I re-recorded the Planet Curacao segment three times, I got the same and only rumour every time after landing on the base.

Next up, Magellan. I think that I may be using this as the thumbnail for the video:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
That was some nice mine use.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Next up, Magellan. I think that I may be using this as the thumbnail for the video:

hah please feel free. If you have a better base image I'm pretty sure I can slap another stock moustache on it. It took me longer to double check Trent's original cargo back on Freeport 7 was going to be boron than it did to do the rest of that whole thing. :v:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've completed a test run of the Magellan system with the Dromedary. Mactan Base wasn't too happy with me even though I made them 60,000 credits richer.

Psion posted:

hah please feel free. If you have a better base image I'm pretty sure I can slap another stock moustache on it. It took me longer to double check Trent's original cargo back on Freeport 7 was going to be boron than it did to do the rest of that whole thing. :v:

Thank you for the offer but the original image should be fine.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The escape from Mactan Base practice run went smoothly, actually recording it... :suicide: It took several attempts as I was swarmed every time that I left the station. I eventually got through with a few lucky countermeasures of around forty that I dropped just to be able to put some distance between myself and the angry rogues after my blood. I swung nearby again as I was going from one location to another which didn't help matters. A few rookie mistakes were made but that was more down to being a little shaken from the constant attempts to escape the base, I lost my nerve a little after that.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

There's so much exploration still to do in the known galaxy. So many cool items to find, planets to explore and new angles on the story to realize.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I almost have everything ready to go:

evilmiera posted:

There's so much exploration still to do in the known galaxy. So many cool items to find, planets to explore and new angles on the story to realize.

And so many more people who want to kill us. We already know that the Rheinland storyline was cut, there was also plans to incorporate side-quests as well so who knows where they would have taken us. There are a couple of systems that are unnamed and they are reachable if you know where to look, something that I will do at some point down the road. All I can determine is that they were going to be part of the game but were unfinished.

Apparently, the sequel to Freelancer reached the beta stage but disappeared when the developer dissolved. Although by this point they were part of Microsoft and it was going to be an Xbox 360 exclusive, Microsoft could have kept the project going if they really wanted to. There is some pre-rendered gameplay footage which you can see here but be warned, the uploader has added their own music to the video though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ik9liH8OUw

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I almost have everything ready to go:

And so many more people who want to kill us. We already know that the Rheinland storyline was cut, there was also plans to incorporate side-quests as well so who knows where they would have taken us. There are a couple of systems that are unnamed and they are reachable if you know where to look, something that I will do at some point down the road. All I can determine is that they were going to be part of the game but were unfinished.

Apparently, the sequel to Freelancer reached the beta stage but disappeared when the developer dissolved. Although by this point they were part of Microsoft and it was going to be an Xbox 360 exclusive, Microsoft could have kept the project going if they really wanted to. There is some pre-rendered gameplay footage which you can see here but be warned, the uploader has added their own music to the video though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ik9liH8OUw

I never knew that. A drat shame, going by that footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

New Information: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=159697

We've already visited Magellan but we didn't get the chance to have a leisurely stroll around to see the sights. Starting out at Mactan base seemed like a novel idea at first, even the test run seemed like it would be a breeze. The actual attempt to record this was a nightmare, I was getting swarmed and had no luck in getting the cruise engines to fire up. As you can see, I did manage it in the end but the novelty had worn off by that point. There's only a couple of more jump holes to see, one wreck and an independent base left to see so this video is relatively short.