Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't know what the gently caress ya'll talkin about with the weapons, I just CQCed everyone. It was surprisingly easy. If anyone spotted me I would just go prone and roll away and then CQC him when he came over to investigate. I don't recall the game having any sort of protection against that, like with the helmets and headshots

You can also just sprint at them if they’re alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't know what the gently caress ya'll talkin about with the weapons, I just CQCed everyone. It was surprisingly easy. If anyone spotted me I would just go prone and roll away and then CQC him when he came over to investigate. I don't recall the game having any sort of protection against that, like with the helmets and headshots

for the person who is playing for the first time, it's worth noting that once you get used to it, the distance required to start cqc is like 10 feet or 15 feet or something ridiculous and you can literally teleport enemies into your grasp

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

site posted:

for the person who is playing for the first time, it's worth noting that once you get used to it, the distance required to start cqc is like 10 feet or 15 feet or something ridiculous and you can literally teleport enemies into your grasp

it's more like they slide along the ground while turning around so that snake can grab them from behind

gormless goblin
Sep 16, 2021

Paul MaudDib posted:

weapons class
paul what is your opinion on the riot smg? i don't know how to think about it, it could be ezmode or it could be bad. i feel like every time that i use it the game gets super easy for some reason but maybe its because i only pick bad guns

i feel like i neglected it for most of the game even though you get it in Side Ops 5

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Imo non lethal version of UNARC is better because it's an assault rifle and you can mount a scope on it.

If you want some truly broken poo poo, you later get a semi auto tranquilizer sniper rifle. You can switch the sniper scope with a close range dot sight and use it like a battle rifle.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 26, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/u3A5LxO.mp4
Here's something I hadn't seen before in MGSV, shooting a wild dog caused it to flip into its default model pose. Sadly it didn't happen to anything else, I was kinda hoping to be able to shoot enemies into T-poses.

Crossposting from the game glitch thread, I have around 200 hours on the PS4/PC versions and never saw this before.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

And how do you roll while prone and how do you take human shields again?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Mescal posted:

And how do you roll while prone and how do you take human shields again?

On a PS console, "roll" is R3... or L3? I'm not home so I can't check, but I can talk about getting the "Don't You Have Anything Better to Do With Your Time" achievement for doing a zillion rolls while trying to get the XOF patch off my back in GZ... because I forgot that I had already got it after the first roll I ever did. :doh:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

rolling is aim + hold sprint + side movement

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

gormless goblin posted:

paul what is your opinion on the riot smg? i don't know how to think about it, it could be ezmode or it could be bad. i feel like every time that i use it the game gets super easy for some reason but maybe its because i only pick bad guns

i feel like i neglected it for most of the game even though you get it in Side Ops 5

Suppressor mechanics heavily disfavor SMGs in this game since (my understanding, i would have to check the guide and see if this is explicitly stated) they last a fixed number of shots regardless of weapon type - a L1 suppressor lasts like 10 shots whether that’s a Serval, or an s-pistol, or an SMG. With SMGs being fast ROF/low damage/low impact force weapons that obviously means lower total damage output per suppressor.

SMGs are (imo) the weakest weapon type in general, the suppressor mechanics are a double whammy, and non lethal is generally weaker than lethal so that’s a triple whammy on the riot SMG. SMG being viable really depends on you being a headshot god and riot makes that even worse since misses don’t damage helmets/etc they just alert the target. And I don’t remember whether you can swap the suppressor but it really needs at least a L2, L1 is too small for a SMG in general let alone one focused around bodyshots.

I honestly haven’t played with riot SMG a ton but I didn’t notice anything redeeming past what I described. It absolutely shreks one guy and then the suppressor is dead. If you’re going for carefully aimed headshots you might as well use a pistol (burkov, s-pistol, or D114-9) and if you just want to cheese a guy in the body and don’t care about noise (because the riot SMG is gonna be noisy soon enough anyway) then the stun revolver or the stun Zorn launcher or an under barrel stun launcher are better options. It also requires fuel to deploy/resupply unlike the tranq pistols - fuel is “the endgame resource” (also herbs, vehicles, and weapon emplacements) used to build platforms and minor metal is much less important to conserve.

The UN ARC NL is basically a better implementation of the concept in every way that matters and doesn’t tie up the (very important) pistol slot, the hip slot is the lowest-value of the three weapon slots. And the “rapid fire stun weapon” weapon concept is just fundamentally bad given the suppressor mechanics, stun shotgun is better but doesn’t burn through a suppressor after 1-2 kills.

If you want to go silent and non lethal, tranq pistol or riot pistol, or stun shotgun, or tranq sniper. If you want to go silent and lethal, D114-9. If you want to go loud and nonlethal, stun revolver. If you want to go loud and lethal… anything you want :). There just is a better weapon for every tactical requirement or every “role” you’d use the slot in.

(Also side note but you pay the materials and GMP cost every time you resupply! If you’re just free roaming and farming the Infinity Bandana is very good because it means you never have to call for a resupply because of your guns, and if you just need more fultons you can call for a weapon deployment of the L3 Fulton, which will refill it, then next time call for L4 Fulton again, etc. So the infinity bandana allows you to never pay materials cost for resupplying your weapons in free-roam mode. Not sure about mission costs for a land insertion but either way infinity bandana would limit you to A rank there.)

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 26, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The shield + SMG combo IS actually real powerful, but the only time I ever used it was during an OSP gimmick run using Snakebite. Being able to turtle up and brrt jerks in the dick is great, but it only applies when you're going loud and going lethal which only happens if you hosed up. Also this precludes any of the SMGs you can actually develop so uh, whoops.

Real talk: OSP is fun as gently caress, and metagaming enemy equipment so they bring the guns you want onto the field makes you feel like a brain genius. If you've got MGSV on PC I 100% recommend it (and turn off reflex mode/leave the dog at home otherwise it's not true Subsistence :colbert: I love D-Dog but he's just too good of a dog and trivializes challenge runs)

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
lol now there’s a weapon I’ve literally never played with. Seems like shield might be good in FOBs, apart from having to give up the back slot which is your hardest hitting slot at long ranges. So instead of running D114-9 and Serval you’re running D114-9 and shield, leaving you with just the hip slot which has the weakest weapons and nothing that’s useful at long ranges besides grenades. I guess maybe Hail MGR is the third slot there but that leaves you with the D114-9 as being the only silent weapon.

I suck at FOB infiltrations and usually just figure on going loud and lethal if it’s a 4 platform. I can do three platforms silently (especially lethally) a decent chunk of the time but 4 is just too much.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 26, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I guess I didn't actually beat Survive? I saw credits roll then I did a base defense and then I went out and got a memory board and then rescued a few castaways and I guess there's more?

How many more main story missions are left? If there's not much left I'll go ahead and finish it but if there's a bunch of repetitive nonsense then I might just shelve it and start my October horror game queue early.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

all of the goal platforms are really hard to sneak through except for the R&D one (you just climb up the pipes in the canyon and avoid all the guards on the stairs and catwalks), support (barely any guards stand anywhere near the stairs down), and medical (everything is so cramped you can clear the whole place out with two or three sleeping gas grenades)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I guess I didn't actually beat Survive? I saw credits roll then I did a base defense and then I went out and got a memory board and then rescued a few castaways and I guess there's more?

How many more main story missions are left? If there's not much left I'll go ahead and finish it but if there's a bunch of repetitive nonsense then I might just shelve it and start my October horror game queue early.

You did. As far as I’m aware there is no story or second ending in the postgame, just a couple bonus missions and bosses.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
also fwiw as far as my take on SMGs being generally bad as a weapons class as a whole: this also applies to machine guns, shotguns and really ARs as well. The game just really doesn't favor rapid fire weapons, especially "light" bullet, either from the standpoint of suppressor or the standpoint of impact force/armor penetration (and how quickly/readily the game throws body armor, helmets, and riot suits at you - and c'mon constantly using the deployment to take them down is easy mode for babies, might as well put on the chicken hat). There is hardly ever a situation in the game where you'll ever be like "hmm yes what this really calls for is machinegun". But MG and SMG are particularly bad because back and pistol slots are the most important and versatile slots, and ARs are starter weapons (they're not great lategame when you have other options, but they're the best thing you've got at the start) and also get the mitigating factor of also having underbarrel launchers which means in endgame you're really comparing AR+stun launcher or AR+shotgun in that slot, not just the AR itself. And the hip slot is generally lower value so not having the absolute optimal thing there isn't as big a deal.

(The only situation where MG is really good that I've found is taking down armor skulls during the "skulls attack" FOB event. LPG-63u with the fast-fire receiver and short barrel has enough impact force to take down skulls pretty nicely. Serval with a red dot is also pretty good there. Also shotguns are good against skulls because of the weird mechanics of impact force and shotguns - shotgun counts the number of pellets hit and that multiplies the impact force for each pellet so if you hit all the pellets they actually go through skulls' armor pretty nicely... but you have to be up close. Which you don't have a choice about for skulls. Riot suit dudes should work the same way but I tried it once and I remember being disappointed so maybe not. I think there is also a non-lethal LMG, and frankly that is probably the best "non lethal rapid fire" in stat terms, but like the riot SMG it means giving up an "important" slot and it will burn suppressors rapidly so you are pretty much going to have to go loud.)

It's really a bummer because there's like, whole classes of weapons that I've practically never played with. I really want to like the lethal shotguns like the bullhorn or kabarga but they just aren't... good. Kabarga is semi OK but it's just not that good compared to Hail MGR or an AR with an underbarrel (the poor man's sniper rifle, when you need the back slot for something else). Machineguns mean giving up high-tier back weapons like antimateriel rifles and missile launchers, and using SMGs means giving up tranq pistols, D114-9 for helmets, Zorn launcher, etc. In those cases, if you need what the slot has to offer, there aren't really a lot of alternatives, and SMGs, MGs, and shotguns are not choices that are particularly working in your favor either, they're just generic, not-particularly-standout weapons. You can do well with any weapon, the game is pretty easy once you're good, but those weapon classes aren't giving you a particular advantage like you get by having an antimateriel rifle, missile launcher, tranq sniper, a "shoot through helmets" pistol or a tranq pistol, etc.

Grenade launchers also kinda suck (except Hail MGR) but not because they're bad weapons themselves, but rather because you can mount them underbarrel on an AR which is a strict superset of the capabilities of the standalone launcher, and lets you have a weaker "sniper" capability in the same slot, albeit only lethal (rubber-bullet ARs can't be customized and can't get underbarrels as a result). Hail MGR is just game-breaking though even as a standalone weapon.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 27, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Larryb posted:

You did. As far as I’m aware there is no story or second ending in the postgame, just a couple bonus missions and bosses.

OK thanks. I'll do one more mission then shelve it.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Elephant Ambush posted:

There are a few more, but it's largely a bridge to multiplayer and not really intended to be played without resources and unlocks from it, you're meant to bounce back and forth between. It gives you class unlocks (yes, there are classes. Scout is insanely fun.) and some new missions like Monster Hunter bosses. From the sound of things, you probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was joking about them earlier but it turns out e-stun decoys are just super OP. You can throw them at dudes all day and if they're not stunned they'll just stand there telling any number of decoys to freeze, and as a bonus, they'll often get stunned anyway when they shoot one. I've been having fun taking out whole units of heavy infantry without them ever suspecting a thing.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

K8.0 posted:

There are a few more, but it's largely a bridge to multiplayer and not really intended to be played without resources and unlocks from it, you're meant to bounce back and forth between. It gives you class unlocks (yes, there are classes. Scout is insanely fun.) and some new missions like Monster Hunter bosses. From the sound of things, you probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Yeah I just unlocked the new classes which is why I was like "wait what the hell" and that's a fuckton of energy to farm up to skill up a single class.

If it's meant to be done online with co-op that's kind of a bummer because the game is 3 years old and probably doesn't have a huge playerbase on PS4. Co-op would probably be fun though because Peace Walker co-op with goons is some of the most fun I've ever had playing games online.

Oh well. I did enjoy the overall experience of the game I just hated the story and if there was an online playerbase for this I'd keep at it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was joking about them earlier but it turns out e-stun decoys are just super OP. You can throw them at dudes all day and if they're not stunned they'll just stand there telling any number of decoys to freeze, and as a bonus, they'll often get stunned anyway when they shoot one. I've been having fun taking out whole units of heavy infantry without them ever suspecting a thing.

On FOB invasions e-stun decoys are super powerful and guards will always tunnel vision onto it, walk up to it, then knife it and knock themselves out. It seems only S++ or maybe S+ guards will shoot them instead of try to knife them and avoid stunning themselves.

Throwing them next to guards then deploying them is also a quick and cheap stun

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Paul MaudDib posted:

lol now there’s a weapon I’ve literally never played with. Seems like shield might be good in FOBs, apart from having to give up the back slot which is your hardest hitting slot at long ranges. So instead of running D114-9 and Serval you’re running D114-9 and shield, leaving you with just the hip slot which has the weakest weapons and nothing that’s useful at long ranges besides grenades. I guess maybe Hail MGR is the third slot there but that leaves you with the D114-9 as being the only silent weapon.

Good usage for shields is for raiding nuke FOBs, where your loadout doesn't matter except for having it and a Hail.

You just straight line sprint through the platforms, hit anything in front of you with the Hail, the shield will absorb almost everything fired at you from behind (it has no durability so it's basically infinite protection)

gormless goblin
Sep 16, 2021

ok drat that sucks. it also highlights for me how selective i've been picking guns.

also in particular:

Paul MaudDib posted:

If you’re going for carefully aimed headshots you might as well use a pistol (burkov, s-pistol, or D114-9)
is such a sad collection of words lol. :smith: it normally takes a lot for me to consider looking for rebalance mods for games that i genuinely love but the things you've called attention to are pushing MGSV into that camp (shoutout to FFVI: Brave New World which I recently discovered)

still love the game though :unsmith:

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Thanks for the infos. I assume that the stuff my security team can equip, they equip automatically in missions I send them? Why would I want to use a walker? Doesn't seem very stealthy! Does my intel or scope point out anti-air dishes and comms at some point? I don't want to blow comms until I know I have all of em

Mescal fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 27, 2021

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Mescal posted:

Thanks for the infos. I assume that the stuff my security team can equip, they equip automatically in missions I send them? Why would I want to use a walker? Doesn't seem very stealthy! Does my intel or scope point out anti-air dishes and comms at some point? I don't want to blow comms until I know I have all of em

nope actually the stuff your security team can equip is for the FOB defense guards and you have to go in and manually upgrade their preparedness level iirc.

on paper d-walker is probably the most versatile buddy. He can be like quiet with the scout mode, he can have an autonomous combat mode, and a pilot driven mode that gives you basically d-horse capabilities iirc. Like he can actually do a lot of things and you can equip him with some pretty powerful weapons like missile launchers and miniguns, but basically nobody ever uses him, myself included. Just never really wanted to take the time to learn to use him, d-dog and quiet are both super useful and fun buddies and d-walker's movement was slidey and weird.

You can also drop tanks and APCs as your vehicle and just cheese everyone with a tank. It’s one of the ways to get past the super snipers on Code Talker Extreme, but you can do it in other maps too. It’s also a good tactic for s-rank skull face.

But it’s an infiltration-centric game and I'm not sure how many people really just play it guns blazing. D-horse can be nice because you can trot him while hanging on his side and walk around outposts quickly, or infiltrate past on foot and call him, or you can just use a jeep with quiet or d-dog or whatever.

can't remember offhand but if you look at something in the int-scope and press Q doesn't ocelot tell you what you're pointed at? The prompts were pretty basic so I never really played with it much but I thought I remembered that from mission 1 where you rescue miller. I bet if you did that with a radar it'd give you a voice prompt about destroying that letting them bring in the chopper. But there will be one in every "major" base (the ones with names, not numbers) and you'll run into them naturally during missions or roaming, they're not super hidden or anything.

I think for the troop comm dishes there's always three? but it's easier to just blow up the radio. Also if you want to meme around, the water pistol can silently destroy generators/dishes/radios. iirc also guards will see it and remark that it's ruined rather than immediately calling an alert? but other than that the water pistol isn't really that good, so you're giving up a powerful slot for one ability: silent electronics kills.

I wonder what happens if you take down all three dishes silently and then cause an alert, maybe you get a "the comms are down for some reason" message, I think that was one of the lines that is possible.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 27, 2021

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

OH MY GOD. "She's mute, feral, doesn't eat, doesn't do any of those human bodily functions. Likes cages, dislikes clothes. All she does is shower lasciviously, and show her your feet, in case you're into that too."

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Mescal posted:

OH MY GOD. "She's mute, feral, doesn't eat, doesn't do any of those human bodily functions. Likes cages, dislikes clothes. All she does is shower lasciviously, and show her your feet, in case you're into that too."

the virgin ”you will be ashamed at your words and deeds” vs the chad ”I just really like girls”

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mescal posted:

I bought into the Quiet character but there was definitely some stuff about how she was treated by the game that didn't sit well with me.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Paul MaudDib posted:

on paper d-walker is probably the most versatile buddy. He can be like quiet with the scout mode, he can have an autonomous combat mode, and a pilot driven mode that gives you basically d-horse capabilities iirc. Like he can actually do a lot of things and you can equip him with some pretty powerful weapons like missile launchers and miniguns, but basically nobody ever uses him, myself included. Just never really wanted to take the time to learn to use him, d-dog and quiet are both super useful and fun buddies and d-walker's movement was slidey and weird.

D-Walker is really a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" situation because it can do everything, it's just mediocre at things that the three other companions excel at and doesn't really bring anything unique to the table to warrant using it

It's arguably faster for traversal than D-Horse but it just feels so janky that I never wanted to use it that way

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I kinda feel like if they had leaned into the zombies thing a bit harder and had some levels where you had to fight through a horde to get to an objective, or defend against a horde, maybe “light weapons” like SMG and shotgun would have been more viable. It doesn’t surprise me that it’s good in survive I guess.

The problem is that MGSV’s “hard” enemies are just “other dude but with extra armor”. Armor skull is just camo skull but armored. Riot dudes are just soldiers but armored. Etc etc. AI difficulty never really scales and dudes just get tankier with more mines around bases.

Give me Cypher controllers (like stalker) that throw me around and control hordes of zombies or something with psychic powers.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 27, 2021

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I kinda want to try Metal Gear Online 3 before the servers go down. Anyone played it recently - does it still have active lobbies?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The simplest way to deal with The Quiet Issue is to use the mod that replaces her model with ocelot's, and make that your headcanon.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
As a cishet man I enjoyed looking at Quiet (and she's also a very effective combat partner) but in this day and age if I want to see hot women wearing next to nothing or nothing at all I can go almost literally anywhere on the internet. I really don't need it in the games I play and it's sad that stuff like this still happens.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Quiet is way better when her XOF outfit is unlocked because it coordinates with my sneaking suit and my dog's outfit

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

As a cishet man I enjoyed looking at Quiet (and she's also a very effective combat partner) but in this day and age if I want to see hot women wearing next to nothing or nothing at all I can go almost literally anywhere on the internet. I really don't need it in the games I play and it's sad that stuff like this still happens.

It's the same problem I eventually end up having to reconcile with stuff like Bayonetta or the PS2/3-era Ninja Gaiden games (literally being able to shake Rachel's boobs with the controller motion sensor). Game devs are notoriously horny but like, I don't know what to do with that when it's layered on top of something that is otherwise really, really, really loving good

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I saw far, far more complaints about Quiet and MGSV than I did about 2B and Nier Automata despite the fact the only thing most gamers will know about Nier A is that it stars that chick with the huge rear end. Who I think is a robot but really, it's a girl with a big butt.

I think it's all about representation. Taro was horny and didn't try to dress it up. He didn't try to justify it with weak excuses. Kojima has always been shameless in how he mixes horny with "deep" stuff. If Metal Gear Solid 4 had come out 5 years tater, Kojima would have been crucified (and rightly so) for the Beauty & the Beast Corps. I don't have a problem looking at gorgeous, naked women but these weren't even really characters. Every team up to now has had at least some personality and backstory but the Boobs and Butt Corps were simultaneously our first all female villain team while also being the most superficial and pointless villain team. They exist to make you uncomfortable and horny and then be forgotten. They don't even get to give you their backstory, they just fall over and then you get to stare at a blank screen as you're told why you should care about these bosses you've already defeated and who will never be relevant again.

Everybody loves The Boss, 2B and Bayonetta because they aren't simply reduceable to sexualized objects, they are also compelling characters.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I dunno about lumping Bayo in with Team Ninja. Like they're both horny, but Bayonetta's extremely stylized, brazenly over the top as much as the action, both has fun with and thrives in it. You know exactly what it is you're getting from the box art and promos. It's sexy but not like sleezy.

Compared to buying a Ninja action game and getting a big booby lady wearing nothing getting covered in slime.

Or a tactical espionage military intrigue game and getting rain scenes with quiet.

I just think it's different. Bayonetta is like going to a burlesque show and having a good time. The others are like going to a concert and suddenly in the middle of the show the lead singer starts showing you some upskirt photos he took of girls on the escalator. It's creepy and weird and not what you came for.

E: /\ oh yeah except yoko taro is doing both unabashedly.

itskage fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 27, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Lib and let die posted:

It's the same problem I eventually end up having to reconcile with stuff like Bayonetta or the PS2/3-era Ninja Gaiden games (literally being able to shake Rachel's boobs with the controller motion sensor). Game devs are notoriously horny but like, I don't know what to do with that when it's layered on top of something that is otherwise really, really, really loving good

My solution is to look at the boobs with my eyes, then roll my eyes at boobs being in the video game, then continue to enjoy the fun video game

And yeah I agree with all the other posts above.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A big difference is Quiet and the B&B corps are sexualized at the expense of the character, while 2B is just neutrally sexualized and Bayonetta sexualizes herself because she wants to.

At least kojima is no david cage :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Bayonetta's writer and creator wrote her to sexualize herself because that's what the writer wanted her to do. Important distinction.

Don't get me wrong here I love Bayonetta as a character and I love the game but fictional characters don't make their own decisions. They do what their writers make them do.

Kojima made the same mistake with the words and deeds thing. Quiet didn't choose anything about herself. It was all written that way by Kojima because he's a lecherous old man.