Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Anyone else think the co-pilot with the blue scarf is Mikaila?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Quite a few people.

They're all wrong. Mikaila is super dead.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
When your six year dead teacher shows up in the middle of a warzone to criticize your pronunciation

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
It's been noted in-comic, I believe, that Duane has an artificial voicebox. So kudos to the last guy for realizing that despite the mask, the pymaric voice, and Spellmaster Adelier being spectacularly, famously super-dead, his merciless pymary instructor has returned to torment him one last time.

from the unsounded discord:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 17, 2021

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
god imagine taking Intermediate Continental with a flouncy dweeb like duane as your teacher

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This is one of my favorite pages ever. Goddamned must Duane have been a terror when he was living.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Even more terrifying a wright now, that with how he has perfect recall.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
A very mean time for a week off

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

The opportunity is here to clear so many things up, and... I'm sure we all know that won't happen because that's how unsounded works.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Same, Keon. Same.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Wait, so where did we last see the two unarmed, now dead folks with Lori?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

habeasdorkus posted:

Think they were the contest winning characters

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

They're the pilgrims who helped kick duane out of the sanctum like, two or three times at this point.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Thus the fate of those who would defy Sette Frummagem.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Da taught her where all the gushers are.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just goes to show how much of an advantage tacit casting is tbh

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Xarbala posted:

Just goes to show how much of an advantage tacit casting is tbh

Dwayne OP

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
oof, that cut is going to kill him in a few minutes.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Maybe the best tirna they ever had is certainly one way to put it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

unfortunately ash already made the "go for the eyes, Boo!" joke she'd been saving for months if not years

"in sharteshane, sometimes ya gotta get red" is certainly a sette line

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 13, 2021

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That guy has gotten the "Ashley Cope presents: Home Alone" treatment

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Sette saying 'I'll protect you always' gives me some dread.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Looking forward to the further breakdown of Duane when he realizes what his countrymen are doing down there.

Also, Ricker is an idiot.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

FreeKillB posted:

Sette saying 'I'll protect you always' gives me some dread.

Yeah given that Sette has plot armor and I doubt the twins are going to be a permanent part of the main cast, it really feels like "welp, you're gonna die". Likely in some way that is out of Sette's hands and who knows we could be wrong but I had the same feeling, especially with how serious she seemed about it.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
We finally got to the fireworks factory!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I enjoy this comic and read it every time it updates but I have 0 clue what's going on I'll be honest.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Nettle Soup posted:

I enjoy this comic and read it every time it updates but I have 0 clue what's going on I'll be honest.

Do a reread. It works a lot better as a whole than it does as a serial.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

In addition to what Koga said, the current right now situation:

An Aldish raiding party attacked Litriya because it's there and seems important. This happened to coincide with a minor uprising by the dumber, younger boy two-toes who also incidentally got their hands on the shrine's self-destruct. The raiders crashed directly into the inak and killed most of them because Ricker and his boys are assholes, causing the survivor to push the big red button.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

In addition to what Koga said, the current right now situation:

An Aldish raiding party attacked Litriya because it's there and seems important. This happened to coincide with a minor uprising by the dumber, younger boy two-toes who also incidentally got their hands on the shrine's self-destruct. The raiders crashed directly into the inak and killed most of them because Ricker and his boys are assholes, causing the survivor to push the big red button.

They attacked it because Cresce put a military lab under it, presumably assuming that the Alds wouldn't attack a shrine, or else tempting them too in order to drum up support from the other Gefendur nations and/or their own citizens.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Cryophage posted:

They attacked it because Cresce put a military lab under it, presumably assuming that the Alds wouldn't attack a shrine, or else tempting them too in order to drum up support from the other Gefendur nations and/or their own citizens.

Mostly because it already had a lot of the required equipment there for whatever reason, I think, I don't think they actually planned on the war starting before they were completely done there but whoops, their smugglers acquiring the necessary mountain ogre supplies got caught in Alderode.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cryophage posted:

I got the impression that it had more to do with the brewing Crescian civil war--Alderode's godless Ssaelit would only be too happy to attack, but the Queen's loyalists in Cresce knew that it would at least buy them some time against the coup plotters as they wouldn't be able to interfere with the shrine without giving up the game and turning the country against them.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Something tells me Lemon is probably going to be a lot less pleased once he sees what's under the mask :smith:

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah, hope you put up a really quick glamour, Duane!

(He did not, this is going to be amazing in the most dumpster fire way.)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Something tells me Lemon is probably going to be a lot less pleased once he sees what's under the mask :smith:

He shouldn't be surprised, he's a direct party to Duane's current state.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

When did we see Lem being involved in Duane's current state again? I don't recall it precisely.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

When did we see Lem being involved in Duane's current state again? I don't recall it precisely.

It has not been stated outright but it is very heavily hinted that Lem was the ninja "Crescian" who took Duane down in the flashback of Duane's last day.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

When Duane describes waking up after his death Len is there. It’s how Duane knows what happened after he died.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

It has not been stated outright but it is very heavily hinted that Lem was the ninja "Crescian" who took Duane down in the flashback of Duane's last day.

Right, I was referring to Lem being involved with the creation of Plod-Duane.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Yeah, pretty sure he was there both when Duane died and when he was resurrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

maybe Duane doesn't actually remember his death and resurrection so good