Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I literally tried to buy the game from steam and it timed out and then told me I had a pending transaction so I couldnt try again. It cant be that good that this is a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

schreibs posted:

It cant be that good that this is a problem.
Well the Steam review score has gone up from 42% to 47%, so I guess it's getting better...

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

where the red fern gropes posted:

is the combat good at least

It's not great but playing Sniper Elite with a musket is pretty loving fun

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

i like the goon guild experience but hate the idea of waiting 8 hours to play a game - i'm sure i'll transfer over to wherever in a few weeks.

until then i picked a random server with no wait and joined the marauders because its not easy being green

this is essentially runescape 2 imo - the game is just vibes

hatchet/healing staff seems ok. i was briefly enamored with the warhammer, got a drop for a 2 handed axe and thought "sick! this thing looks good!", but then realized warhammer and war axe are different skill trees

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I was #1800ish in queue, then got an error message , and when I hit play again I was #67 in queue, is the whole queue system starting to poo poo itself?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
i killed a forest today

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

wolfs posted:

this is essentially runescape 2 imo - the game is just vibes

this is exactly how I explained it to a friend today. it's just big rear end runescape except with factions and territory control

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>

barnold posted:

this is exactly how I explained it to a friend today. it's just big rear end runescape except with factions and territory control

Even the pathway leading to Monarch's Bluff is absolutely lined with hundreds of campfires, in true Runescape fashion

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steam says I have 20.7 hours of gametime. I have yet to step inside the game. That's all queue time.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Well, our east coast Goon server only has a 450 person queue tonight. Progress.

In the meantime, it's taking 8 minutes to move 11 spaces on my backup server.

Everyone has figured out you can hold down a movement key and go afk in towns without being disconnected. I know one guy who's been connected since launch.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Discospawn posted:

Well the Steam review score has gone up from 42% to 47%, so I guess it's getting better...

steam comments (I know, I know) are basically 80% people screaming mad that they get a suspension for calling people the n-word

apparently amazon is just too much of "liberal woke snowflake sjw" because reasons
at the same time, of course, amazon is a giant world-killing corporation responsible for all oppression because reasons

in conclusion, amazon is apparently a land of contrasts

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Being an east coaster on a west server is paying out dividends, no queues let's go

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021
Made my toon in a random EU server with no queue and progressed through the first hours, joigned Syndicate because da best eve region. I really enjoyed the combat with animation canceling, crafting/gathering with top notch sound design. flagged for pvp and got turbo ganked. so far i loved it even if i was tipsy.

Is there a confirmation from lord bezos that we will have 'free' server transfer in a n e a r future ?

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Where are all the EU goons playing - seemed to be mixed messages earlier. Going to the US East/ROYLLO Companies?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

fatelvis posted:

Where are all the EU goons playing - seemed to be mixed messages earlier. Going to the US East/ROYLLO Companies?

I think given the state of the server right now even the ones among us that chose to play on eu servers are all over the place. I had to create another character to avoid the 2k+ queues when my previously low pop empty server got overrun.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015

fatelvis posted:

Myself and a couple of others are with the US east goons. GET INTO DA CHOPPA has a friends and goons guild on Zerzura that is growing, he posted yesterday that they are up to 25 people from 7-8 initially. Some people started on Asgard, but dunno if they are going to get a guild going.

I think Zerzura is the best bet for EU now. I will probably make a new char there once I have more time to play. PvP is faction centric, so smaller guild should be able to do well.

edit: benefits of eu playing on is that you can skip the queue if you can log in the afternoon. I have 140ms from Eastern Europe, which is alright for PvE so far, dunno if it will suck for pvp.

lexxyth fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Sep 30, 2021

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I just deleted my lvl 25 char on Asgard. I'm not going to get to play that char anyways when the server has a 4 hour queue, at 10 in the morning, on a workday. Moving to one of the new LOW pop servers which will probably also be in queue hell when the weekend starts.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How annoying/expensive is respecing? I like to run glass cannon one shot musket dude alone but in groups I'm going to want to heal or tank

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

lexxyth posted:

Myself and a couple of others are with the US east goons. GET INTO DA CHOPPA has a friends and goons guild on Zerzura that is growing, he posted yesterday that they are up to 25 people from 7-8 initially. Some people started on Asgard, but dunno if they are going to get a guild going.

I think Zerzura is the best bet for EU now. I will probably make a new char there once I have more time to play. PvP is faction centric, so smaller guild should be able to do well.

edit: benefits of eu playing on is that you can skip the queue if you can log in the afternoon. I have 140ms from Eastern Europe, which is alright for PvE so far, dunno if it will suck for pvp.

Yeah playing on us east from eu here, the lag isn't unbearable and you get in before the queues hit, can recommend.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

How annoying/expensive is respecing? I like to run glass cannon one shot musket dude alone but in groups I'm going to want to heal or tank

Attribute respecs are free until character level 20, and then just cost some gold.
Weapon mastery respecs are free until weapon level 10, and then just cost some azoth.

It can be pretty flexible.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

Free until level 20 and progressively more expensive after that

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Robo Reagan posted:

I'm here with the information I want when I ask this question.
At max character and weapon level, you can respect either for an amount of effort that is equal to a few hours of play, I'd guess somewhere in the 1-4 hour range depending on what you're doing.

The thing you have to worry about (and I completely hosed up) was which cards to pick when getting standing with a region. Pick the first XP and standing gain cards, then always pick Gathering Speed, Faction Tokens, Storage, Station Fee, and Trading Tax. Get these up to 37% range because diminished returns are too much afterward.

Or just ignore all that because we'll all quit the game in a month or two anyway and none of it will really matter.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 30, 2021

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Picked this up because my other mmo I was playing got really instance heavy and it's hard to play with a baby in the house. Not bad, very much a runescape vibe like others have said, although the lack of normal merchants is a gap. There are a lot of little annoyances like how skinning animals aren't flagged for the person that kills them or UI confusion, but it's not that bad. People losing their poo poo over the launch was funny to watch though.

I did end up rolling on a different server with the expectation of transferring to the goon server, but I honestly might end up just staying here. If the population cap on severs is like 2000 people and there is a 1000 person queue for the server at any time, I don't expect to have any room there for me. Also I hate to tell you guys but your choice of the yellow company kind of sucks, weird zealot freaks creep me out

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Anyone else on the Ute-Yomigo server? I'm just running around, chopping trees and stuff.

It's funny when someone in chat starts calling everyone cowards because they run away in PvP.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Gonna be honest, 10% xp increase for running around flagged is not enough

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I rolled on Andlang. No wait & same world set as Royllo. May transfer when it opens up. If you want to play with a lvl 3 who logs in for a couple hours a week then my name is 'Eric the Great'

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Gonna be honest, 10% xp increase for running around flagged is not enough

Isn't it 5%?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Thirsty Dog posted:

Isn't it 5%?

I thought the tutorial said 10% but if it is 5% then that is even worse. It's better to just kill one more boar in 20 than it is to get ganked by people ten levels higher that are all over the starting area.

If they want people flagging it should be at least 30%

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

I thought the tutorial said 10% but if it is 5% then that is even worse. It's better to just kill one more boar in 20 than it is to get ganked by people ten levels higher that are all over the starting area.

If they want people flagging it should be at least 30%

its 10% but i agree, especially cause all the pvp encounters i have had have been people 7+ levels higher than me

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Also I hate to tell you guys but your choice of the yellow company kind of sucks, weird zealot freaks creep me out

These factions all seem written loosely enough that you can take some liberties in your own head of what they embody. I was not huge on covenant and then I got thinking about how I could just treat it like a nature worshipping psycho slaying all who destroy nature on the island and it got me chuckling.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah the factions are written very loosely and also they all suck in their own ways. You either have murder and pillage and strip the land of its resources because we're strong so we're allowed to (Marauder), kill all the stupid dumb savages and use the island for unethical scientific experiments for fun and profit "enlightenment" (Syndicate), or purge the heretics and cleanse the land of evil so that the Spark can shine through (Covenant).

You can't be "the good guys" in this, not really. All the factions are some kind of zealot. They're either zealous about pillaging, about weird science, or about religion.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 30, 2021

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Was able to play for about 30mins last night after sitting in a queue. Chopped some trees and skinned some boars. The game runs very well.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Maybe I'm just biased because the Marauders appeal to me entirely because they appear to be a faction utterly convinced that they are going to take over the area solely by doing ten thousand push-ups each and I think that's just grand.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I mean left to my own devices I'd have picked the Marauders because they seem the least pretentious. We're all here to kill everyone and take all their stuff, why not just admit it?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
you guys are Royllo-Covenent? drat thats funny, thats identical to my atlas friends

hello from FED i guess

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Kevin Bacon posted:

its 10% but i agree, especially cause all the pvp encounters i have had have been people 7+ levels higher than me

They should let you flag outside of cities if your faction controls the zone. This would make it easier for a faction to defend their territory. As is right now, if you see someone getting ganked there’s basically nothing you can do unless you are already flagged or very close to a shrine or city.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

So setting aside the queue drama a couple of questions:

1) how is the story/world? Just from watching videos I've been getting an extremely generic vibe off this. Am I wrong? I don't need top-shelf worldbuilding or deep lore or anything, but just enough of a hook that I give a gently caress, you know?

2) Is there any indication what the late-ish game looks like yet? Basically is there an option to get to the late game content without having to be rear end deep in a guild? I'm past the point in my life where I can log a certain number of hours per week so I can earn a spot in a sign up sheet for a guild's weekly raid and get loot priority prorated against my contributions etc. I don't need to be doing the top end max difficulty epic loot drop poo poo as a casual, but I'd at least like to have a lever to experience the end game beyond "hope you can find a goon guild to take pitty on you and sherpa your way through a complex raid."

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
this game straight up doesnt have complex raids and late-game content so I wouldn't worry about a sign up sheet for it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

So setting aside the queue drama a couple of questions:

1) how is the story/world? Just from watching videos I've been getting an extremely generic vibe off this. Am I wrong? I don't need top-shelf worldbuilding or deep lore or anything, but just enough of a hook that I give a gently caress, you know?

2) Is there any indication what the late-ish game looks like yet? Basically is there an option to get to the late game content without having to be rear end deep in a guild? I'm past the point in my life where I can log a certain number of hours per week so I can earn a spot in a sign up sheet for a guild's weekly raid and get loot priority prorated against my contributions etc. I don't need to be doing the top end max difficulty epic loot drop poo poo as a casual, but I'd at least like to have a lever to experience the end game beyond "hope you can find a goon guild to take pitty on you and sherpa your way through a complex raid."

From my understanding of the game so far it's basically what you would get if you turned Planetside into Runescape. The endgame is owning stuff with your guild and faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So maybe I’m playing wrong but I’ve been messing around with the Pyromancer and I’m not too thrilled with it so far.

One of my biggest complaints is the flame thrower spell you channel you can’t cancel it by attacking. Like you have to hit R a second time (or jump maybe) to cancel it then it takes a second before you can attack.

It just doesn’t seem to make the combat as smooth.

Maybe I should just be weapon switching though I dunno.