Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, there was a spin-off series announced a while back and, Amazon just put out a press release about it.

As tired as I am about "Supes in College", this actually sounds like it might be interesting given just how hosed up we know the show's creators' are willing to get.

But it'll have to work drat hard to be better than Sky High :colbert:

Sounds horrible to me...

American Pie Supes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
It sounds closer to Ennis than this show should probably want to go.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

GD_American posted:

It sounds closer to Ennis than this show should probably want to go.

Considering how the fraternity story arc went in the comics... yeah I hope they don't go 'full Ennis' with this one

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I remember how much I was kinda dreading to watch this show, because of how the comic was basically hot garbage, but they surprised me with the way they handled it. I've still got the same dread about the spinoff though. I'll watch the first episode, and give it a chance. They've earned at least that from me over the last 2 seasons.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'll give it a chance since The Boys turned out so well, but seems like a weird choice for Amazon, wouldn't this and Invincible be pretty similar?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Senor Tron posted:

I'll give it a chance since The Boys turned out so well, but seems like a weird choice for Amazon, wouldn't this and Invincible be pretty similar?

The Boys is a pretty thorough deconstruction, from soup to nuts. Invincible is still firmly in comic book land, it just decides to add a layer of horror from the almost-certain collateral carnage that comic book megafights would entail.

Now if they decided to make Irredeemable, and fix some of that comic's flaws, you'd have some real poo poo on your hands

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Irredeemable is a great look at how utterly terrifying it would be if a godlike superhero on Superman’s scale actually existed, and how incredibly mentally taxing life would constantly be on that superhero.

It just went on about three times longer than it should have.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I liked incorruptible a lot more than irredeemable

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Inconceivable! is there it's at.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Azhais posted:

I liked incorruptible a lot more than irredeemable

I haven’t gotten around to reading that yet, does it get as painfully long in the tooth as Irredeemable?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bussamove posted:

I haven’t gotten around to reading that yet, does it get as painfully long in the tooth as Irredeemable?

I didn't recall it doing so but after I posted that I decided to go read it again. Yes, it should have ended about 50% sooner

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wasn't there also a character called Jailbait who was the main character's underaged girlfriend?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yes, and she was very irritated that he wouldn't have sex with her anymore after he went legit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uv9LbJMQm4

e: lol the commercial

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1446150903061303299

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It burns when I breathe

lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Heh, that actual commercial they slipped in there

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Can't wait for the next season of this, all these commercials etc have been hilarious.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Heh, that actual commercial they slipped in there

Lmao I saw Liquid Death the other day at Publix and was very confused.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Oof ow my bones gills

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Their marketing department is out on control, I went from never having heard of them 2 months ago to having a case in my fridge at all times while seeing it paired up with Amazon’s The Boyz and Tony Hawk’s new podcast, it is BLOWING UP, my local grocer can’t even keep it in stock anymore lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've been seeing ads for it for months if not a couple years now. Is there anything special about it? It seems like it is just water in a can. I get ice and water out of my fridge just fine.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i didn't know it was real. if you image search it they have a bunch of tatted up goth ladies shilling it, wonder who the marketing genius was who had this idea.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Death...bs&ref_=aa_maas

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cojawfee posted:

I've been seeing ads for it for months if not a couple years now. Is there anything special about it? It seems like it is just water in a can. I get ice and water out of my fridge just fine.

As someone who doesn’t drink soda or juice, a good sparkling water is a loving miracle, and their level of carbonation is right around the “please hurt me, daddy” level that I really crave. I want to crack open a can and feel like I’m punishing my throat for being thirsty, and Liquid Death hits that mark perfectly. Their non-carbonated mountain spring water also tastes exactly like ground water from the mountain creeks I grew up drinking, so wherever they bottle or whatever their process is feels authentic to me

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Death

In 2019, Cessario stated the company's plan was to expand to bars, tattoo parlors, and certain barber shops in Los Angeles and Philadelphia as a "lifestyle play"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If I saw someone drinking that irl I would be completely unable to take them seriously as a human being.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaius Marius posted:

If I saw someone drinking that irl I would be completely unable to take them seriously as a human being.

lmao what kinds of normal human beverages do you enjoy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Why I prefer the crisp and refreshing taste of Fresca™

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ew, sparkling water

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

As someone who doesn’t drink soda or juice, a good sparkling water is a loving miracle, and their level of carbonation is right around the “please hurt me, daddy” level that I really crave. I want to crack open a can and feel like I’m punishing my throat for being thirsty, and Liquid Death hits that mark perfectly. Their non-carbonated mountain spring water also tastes exactly like ground water from the mountain creeks I grew up drinking, so wherever they bottle or whatever their process is feels authentic to me

Where did you copy this from?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It refreshes my body, but more than that, it refreshes my life.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

I was at a show where the only water they had available was this stuff and I was so embarrassed to be holding that. fuckin’ Ed Hardy water.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

the escape goat posted:

fuckin’ Ed Hardy water.

Which of course makes it perfect for The Deep

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wasn't there also a character called Jailbait who was the main character's underaged girlfriend?

Yeah. Also terrible loving art.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Gaius Marius posted:

Why I prefer the crisp and refreshing taste of Fresca™

I like that The Deep goes on a rant towards the head of the church, but gets no reaction until he says "gently caress Fresca"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The little run away he does with that look is amazing :allears:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Bust Rodd posted:

there are less costly ways to get your throat punished

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

etalian posted:

Lmao I saw Liquid Death the other day at Publix and was very confused.

That's a real product?

Lol Americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

That's a real product?

Lol Americans

Yeah it looks like a work of satire instead of a actual product

https://liquiddeath.com/