Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Put the last bit of cheese on the end of a fork and use that as a handle for final cheese grating.

You're supposed to put that last chunk of cheese directly into your mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
building I work in has hidden cisterns. the seal for the outlet pipe at the bottom of the cistern has needed to be replaced on practically all of them. the only access is a small hole above the cistern. it's a nightmare job and plumbers aren't interested in doing it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

fridge corn posted:

:hmmyes:

Chef perks.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I do now! Though the fork idea is definitely smarter than finger grating

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

On hold with HMRC what you all doing?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Keeping some person on hold for as long as possible in the HMRC call centre

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Monitoring my staff keeping someone on hold at the HMRC call centre. They need to do it for another half hour or I'll fire them

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I'm at the telephone exchange, about to pull a big power cable out of the wall

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

ha ha ha :sexarse:

Call went well, all sorted. Good night

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My mum used to do bookkeeping and payroll for about 200 companies, and most of her day was spent on the phone to HMRC waiting to talk to someone.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
two weeks is not long enough for paternity leave

i still remember all my passwords for fucks sake

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

My mum used to do bookkeeping and payroll for about 200 companies, and most of her day was spent on the phone to HMRC waiting to talk to someone.

Odd combination, but at least she gets honey

E: oh, nvm. Misread

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Gasmask posted:

two weeks is not long enough for paternity leave

i still remember all my passwords for fucks sake

I carried holiday over from last year and bulked out my paternity by 2 extra weeks.
Dunno how you are in a state to return to work with a 2 week old newborn

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Congratulations.

Just be careful and make sure you’re both sleeping enough.

Found this kind of thing is a godsend because you don’t have to faff with layers going inside/ outside / car trips etc

https://www.lajlo.com/products/baby..._organic&wi=off

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if you need some peace and quiet, a microwave is usually large enough to fit a child, and the thick walls provide insulation from the waaas. just make sure it's not wearing anything metal, as that could be dangerous

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

freelop posted:

I carried holiday over from last year and bulked out my paternity by 2 extra weeks.

same, no way could I have gone back after 2 weeks

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

if you need some peace and quiet, a microwave is usually large enough to fit a child, and the thick walls provide insulation from the waaas. just make sure it's not wearing anything metal, as that could be dangerous

just in case anyone falls for this troll, it's extremely ill-advised to put a baby in the microwave. Babies are heavier than what you'd normally put in there, and it could well wear out your turntable motor, permanently ruining your microwave.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I think there was someway mum could give dad some of her baby holiday? Maybe it's only statutory stuff or something.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
slippy no

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

not only am i back at work but the 3.5 year old is only in nursery three days a week :suicide:

wednesdays and fridays are going to be great!!!!!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

As a gay man I will never have children and that's great

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

what if...

you're in a gorgy (gay orgy) and your pspot (prostate spot) is being hit by a twunk (twink hunk) causing you to misfire out of an open (not closed) window

the projectiled semen then lands in the shopping bag of a woman walking below who recently bought some sexy underwear from Tesco to impress her lover, Howard. She arrives home and dons the new underwear to see how it looks in her mirror. In doing so your semen is sucked up in side her vagina by the vaginal vacuum mechanism and she becomes pregnant

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

hemale in pain posted:

I think that means you get assigned one hairless cat instead and you will have to spend all your money on robotic self cleaning litter trays.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

You could

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

what if...

you're in a gorgy (gay orgy) and your pspot (prostate spot) is being hit by a twunk (twink hunk) causing you to misfire out of an open (not closed) window

the projectiled semen then lands in the shopping bag of a woman walking below who recently bought some sexy underwear from Tesco to impress her lover, Howard. She arrives home and dons the new underwear to see how it looks in her mirror. In doing so your semen is sucked up in side her vagina by the vaginal vacuum mechanism and she becomes pregnant

This is how it happened to me. Twice!!

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

DANGER

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Gasmask posted:

This is how it happened to me. Twice!!

condolences, Howard

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

learnincurve posted:

I think that means you get assigned one hairless cat instead and you will have to spend all your money on robotic self cleaning litter trays.

I do want a cat

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

As a substitute to owning my own cat the neighbours cat spends most of its life sitting in our drive. It won't let me pet him though

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

what if...

This post deserves to be quoted but I got no idea what to say

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'd start by apologising to Howard.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

As a gay man with a boyfriend, we would both like kids.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

There's been some pretty interesting work in allowing men to incubate fetuses if you're a science nerd like me. Dr. Larry Arbogast and Dr. Alex Hesse have done some interesting studies worth a read

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

There's been some pretty interesting work in allowing men to incubate fetuses if you're a science nerd like me. Dr. Larry Arbogast and Dr. Alex Hesse have done some interesting studies worth a read

im a cop you idiot!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/Tifa_yaon/status/1444978726073090048

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Turkey baseters.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Collateral posted:

Turkey baseters.

Oh poo poo! It’s the 1980s!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

I actually learnt facts about pregnancy from that film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

learnincurve posted:

Oh poo poo! It’s the 1980s!

Lets bury a time capsule under a car park in Leicester with 'tony robinson's a twat' in it for the lols