Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I’m just kinda exhausted of Armageddon at this point, gimme a different Getter series please. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Give us Hien you cowards let us fight the giant naked Getter lady

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Neo Getter is super cool and also a massive improvement on Getter Go, Sho and Gai.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kitfox88 posted:

I’m just kinda exhausted of Armageddon at this point, gimme a different Getter series please. :sigh:

Now that Arc's anime has finished, there's no reason not to use it. It could even get a proper ending!

Devolution has never been in SRW and it'd be neat to see it alongside other properties from the same creators, namely Linebarrels of Iron and ULTRAMAN (for Tekkaman Blade-style SS gamebreakers, although that one's still ongoing)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's a Relayer gameplay demo for those of you already fiending for the next mecha game after SRW 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErlW-ahaaU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Policenaut posted:

Here's a Relayer gameplay demo for those of you already fiending for the next mecha game after SRW 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErlW-ahaaU

I like how quick and punchy animations are. Kind of reminds me of spacemech Shining Force or something.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZ3Xk3SQ24

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 3, 2021

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I commend SRW ST for their animation quality as far as fangames go but adding like 10 new series when there isn't a single footage of gameplay yet is kinda questionable unless they really are intending to be the world's first SRW Visual Novel.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
That certainly is an interesting mix of series. Godannar, iczer, zeorymer, patlabor, oh my.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Davzz posted:

I commend SRW ST for their animation quality as far as fangames go but adding like 10 new series when there isn't a single footage of gameplay yet is kinda questionable unless they really are intending to be the world's first SRW Visual Novel.

Considering you mentioned that, the person who posted the trailer on Reddit actually had something to say on that point. Direct link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Super_Robot_Wars/comments/pyekv2/i_bring_you_another_srw_st_battle_demo_fangame/hevabw5/

MechanicalSaviour posted:

Thanks. Only click stuff like a Visual Novel. I'm yet to implement a basic battle system.
I'd be worried that whatever they're implementing this in may not end up supporting a battle system or something since it's a VN engine I think, as testing to see if that's viable would've been what I'd sorted first before jumping into making animations and all.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
just make two games you switch back and forth between, clearly! :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this feels like one of those fan projects with no actual goal

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

lmfao that Ace Combat is in there

Like it makes perfect sense don't get me wrong but it's still hilarious someone just went and did it, even if it is a fangame

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
without the strategy game to hold it together, it's just crossover fan fiction. there are easier ways to go about writing those.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

without the strategy game to hold it together, it's just crossover fan fiction. there are easier ways to go about writing those.

Yeah, it's cool if people want to go nuts with their personal fanfiction projects but it feels like an enormously huge amount of wasted effort to try to ape the appearance of SRW in a VN engine without the gameplay when you could just write the fanfiction.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Yeah, it's cool if people want to go nuts with their personal fanfiction projects but it feels like an enormously huge amount of wasted effort to try to ape the appearance of SRW in a VN engine without the gameplay when you could just write the fanfiction.

This way the creators can tell everyone they made ~*a SrW fAnGaMe*~, and they'll probably have that carved into their tombstones.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kanos posted:

Exactly I love coming up with my crazy ideas but I know quite well nothing is ever going to actually come of them

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kanos posted:

I mean, if it's a VN, you can have multiple routes even without the core gameplay, and giving it some good combat aesthetics means more people will be interested.

Nothing against fanfic, but it does have different social implications than a fangame, even if there's not much functional difference.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I mean let's not split hairs here, SRW is basically a visual novel with mostly easy tactical gameplay in between chapters.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I spend a lot of time making sure that specific characters finish of some boses and it wouldn't be the same otherwise.

:colbert:

For example

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

That reminds me, have there been any games where a character gets an experience bonus for finishing off certain enemies (For example, Amuro killing Char)?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Don't know of anything like that but in old SRW, you could get a permanently crippled Kamille if you had him kill Scirocco.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

The man called M posted:

That reminds me, have there been any games where a character gets an experience bonus for finishing off certain enemies (For example, Amuro killing Char)?

There's at least one example of bonus dialogue for a character-based killing blow, but not experience point bonuses to my knowledge.

The one I'm thinking of is Excellen getting the KB on Lemon in the penultimate stage of OG2.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Ryoga posted:

Don't know of anything like that but in old SRW, you could get a permanently crippled Kamille if you had him kill Scirocco.

If you had Four recruited/deployed in SRW3, she could actually interfere and save Kamille (I believe you can even repeat this in 4/F Final). Speaking of which, it'd be really nice if they could bring Four back, so we could actually have a decent non-main character/rival Gundam pilot again (it was really nice having Cecily around in X).

I prefer taking down the Tree of Life using the Trombe Override. In fact, I keep Ratzel in the rear of his squad until it's time to deal the final blow, specifically to cancel Kom Susser Tod.

Jaxic
Aug 26, 2020

I have started the ones on GBA a couple times on my jailbroken phone. Then would lose my JB and have to start over again. Happened a couple times till I got tired of doing the beginning of the games again.

Glad to see some new content as I did enjoy time i gave the two I tried.

There some hope for these being good?

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hokuto posted:

There's at least one example of bonus dialogue for a character-based killing blow, but not experience point bonuses to my knowledge.

The one I'm thinking of is Excellen getting the KB on Lemon in the penultimate stage of OG2.

I just stumbled on a similar situation in SRW 2 Complete Box.

On stage 2: Killing Jerid with Kamille or anyone else gives different lines. But it gets better.
On stage 4: Killing Jerid with Kamille will give different lines whether or not Kamille got the KB on Jerid on stage 2, and killing him with someone else also gets a third set of lines.

SRW 2G also has special prebattle dialogue between Usso and Katejina on multiple stages. However, missing one will block any future ones from happening.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

General Revil posted:

I just stumbled on a similar situation in SRW 2 Complete Box.

On stage 2: Killing Jerid with Kamille or anyone else gives different lines. But it gets better.
On stage 4: Killing Jerid with Kamille will give different lines whether or not Kamille got the KB on Jerid on stage 2, and killing him with someone else also gets a third set of lines.

SRW 2G also has special prebattle dialogue between Usso and Katejina on multiple stages. However, missing one will block any future ones from happening.

That's cool as hell, actually. It's great because it's a little bonus for people who do it all, but no missed secrets or huge penalties for people who don't.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just glad I obsessively went into as many Japanese wikis as I could during the early stages of the LP and found a script dump. If I can't do a line by line translation, I can at least do a partial translation that people can play along with and I can point that stuff out.

I'm hoping that my synthesis of AGTP's srw2 translation, Carlos Mori's summaries, machine translated script dump, and my very limited Japanese knowledge provide some level of usefulness for those that want to play 2G or 2 Complete Box.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In VXT, killing some bosses with certain characters will give bonuses (TACP, skill parts, etc.)

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I'm still working through X and Banjo got Ace Pilot status and now I get 10,000 money per battle where I field him just for fielding him.

Wish I'd let him get some killing blows sooner because it's really late in the game now. Just finished the battle where you have to kill 20 copies of Embryo, then some weird battle against a dragon and a fireball where they have to be killed the same turn, then the Anti-Spirals again, and then I stopped and saved when it went back to the scenario screen because that was a long slog.

Right now I have it so that Xelguard and Vilkiss are abusing additional actions with ExC points and spirits that give more ExC points and power parts that give more SP when you move spaces, plus having a bunch of stats dumped into them and their pilots.

The Mazingers seem like the best mechs/pilots in the game because I haven't had to customize a thing and they are my best units after the Xelguard and Vilkiss. Drop Wall on each of them each Player's Phase and just wade in and tank mook attacks while the other units go after the win conditions/SR point conditions.

I ended up with the Cybuster in a secret scenario and it has a neat MAP attack (if I can get it into a group of enemies that are clustered enough for it to be worth using) that I'd like to boost the damage on, what's the best way to do that? I've maxed the mech customization, what stats on the pilot increase damage?

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 5, 2021

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm still working through X and Banjo got Ace Pilot status and now I get 10,000 money per battle where I field him just for fielding him.

Wish I'd let him get some killing blows sooner because it's really late in the game now. Just finished the battle where you have to kill 20 copies of Embryo, then some weird battle against a dragon and a fireball where they have to be killed the same turn, then the Anti-Spirals again, and then I stopped and saved when it went back to the scenario screen because that was a long slog.

Right now I have it so that Xelguard and Vilkiss are abusing additional actions with ExC points and spirits that give more ExC points and power parts that give more SP when you move spaces, plus having a bunch of stats dumped into them and their pilots.

The Mazingers seem like the best mechs/pilots in the game because I haven't had to customize a thing and they are my best units after the Xelguard and Vilkiss. Drop Wall on each of them each Player's Phase and just wade in and tank mook attacks while the other units go after the win conditions/SR point conditions.

I ended up with the Cybuster in a secret scenario and it has a neat MAP attack (if I can get it away from allies and into a group of enemies) that I'd like to boost the damage on, what's the best way to do that? I've maxed the mech customization, what stats on the pilot increase damage?

My friend.

Cybusters map attack doesn't hurt allies

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I ended up with the Cybuster in a secret scenario and it has a neat MAP attack (if I can get it away from allies and into a group of enemies) that I'd like to boost the damage on, what's the best way to do that? I've maxed the mech customization, what stats on the pilot increase damage?

I can't remember if Cyflash is a melee attack or a ranged attack, but it's CQB for melee attacks (fist icon) and RNG for ranged attacks (scope icon)

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ImpAtom posted:

My friend.

Cybusters map attack doesn't hurt allies

I worded that badly. I mean if I'm sending most of my group one way I send Cybuster the other to get into as many enemies as possible.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Never realized how popular the Lost Children music track was until I went looking up OGs music on youtube today.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
to celebrate Sora being in ultimate banpresto will add Sora piloting the gummi ship as dlc for SRW 30

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Willo567 posted:

to celebrate Sora being in ultimate banpresto will add Sora piloting the gummi ship as dlc for SRW 30

He’s actually going to pilot this.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Kingrobot

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Ethiser posted:

Looks an awful lot like a riff on Maito and his pals.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Might Gaine didn't invent combining robots.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It just added trains, which is to be fair a very important addition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ethiser posted:

Given how much of a legal mess Kingdom Hearts is, Sora being able to even look at that robot would be a miracle in of itself.