Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They make an also ran 3rd or 4th biggest non asian battle royal too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I legitimately forgot.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

titanfall 2 is the best first person shooter full stop

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Duran Duran is so well known for View to a Kill and Hungry Like the Wolf as the corny pop hits, but there's so many classics and they're still putting out god tier albums.

It's like when you only know Bowie from Moonage Daydream or Space Oddity because they were in movies, and then your friend plays Queen Bitch and Rock and Roll Suicide and next thing you know you're on a 5 day deep dive and time is meaningless and you've already memorized Starman and now have an Aladdin Sane tattoo and you bought a criterion copy of The Man Who Fell to Earth on eBay.

Duran Duran loving rules. You can't go wrong just running through the hits and then going deeper.

I've heard Ziggy many a time, and I still think Moonage Daydream is the best song on it. Just for the record.

Edit: also, wait a minute, Queen Bitch was in The Life Aqautic! Bowie court here.

Dig the 80s and 70s music chat! Good stuff. I was listening to Giorgio Moroder earlier, it's what ya do.

Gotta love some synthesizer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cnsq9XtpmEk

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 7, 2021

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Bananana posted:

Mission_accomplished_meme.img

You're allowed to drive alone in the HOV lane if you do this. Cops don't like to admit it but it works.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

:hmmyes:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

So I'm doing my part to achieve zen, and obviousy this matter is against my 90s PC gamer belief system, but I respect that it is special to you fine goons. Best ever, my word, that is lofty, lofty stuff.

OK zen didn't work. I'm gonna pass out. It's gotta be a classic PC title, I'm fading

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3420790

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 7, 2021

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It's gonna be weird in like 20 years when people are making games that deliberately evoke the PS3/360 aesthetic

A character in the demo walks up to a desk and interacts with a little machine. An audiolog of the villain explaining his PoV starts playing. Everyone at E3 gives a standing ovation.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 7, 2021

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Totally agreed.

when you're on foot.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

drat, after having a largely glitch-free playthrough of Deathloop I got softlocked in the pause menu of all things after doing a really annoying objective.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Kazzah posted:

It's gonna be weird in like 20 years when people are making games that deliberately evoke the PS3/360 aesthetic

A character in the demo walks up to a desk and interacts with a little machine. An audiolog of the villain explaining his PoV starts playing. Everyone at E3 gives a standing ovation.

I feel like only early PS360 era has a specific aesthetic. Next-gen brown, 560p, and everything rag dolls.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bad shadow filtering

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I got Neir: Automata from the library after seeing people gush about it here and so far I don’t really get it. I did the first few quests in the outpost and it just feels a little bland.

The combat feels pretty ho-hum on the heels of Sekiro (I know this is an unfair comparison and high bar). The open world feels drab and empty and the NPCs are forgettable and barely have anything interesting to say.

Does it pick up? I assume it must given the love this thread pours out every time it comes up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it gets weird as poo poo, keep going with it. At least get up to where you first have to go to the desert

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I played some titanfall 2 because so many people said it's a great multiplayer shooter. there's a bunch of dumb NPCs you have to kill, the mechs are annoying bullet sponges, and being in the mech is boring because it's so slow. I don't get the hype at all, I'd rather play CoD.

Also saying tf2 when you're referring to titanfall and not team fortress is immoral

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Team Fortress is TF2 Titanfall is Tf2 this should be the law

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Harriet Carker posted:

I got Neir: Automata from the library after seeing people gush about it here and so far I don’t really get it. I did the first few quests in the outpost and it just feels a little bland.

The combat feels pretty ho-hum on the heels of Sekiro (I know this is an unfair comparison and high bar). The open world feels drab and empty and the NPCs are forgettable and barely have anything interesting to say.

Does it pick up? I assume it must given the love this thread pours out every time it comes up.

I approached it as a PlatinumGames character action game and came away extremely disappointed, so try not to do that. It's a JRPG at heart. The combat never gets better than ho-hum, it's just serviceable and there to support the rest of the game. People who love N:A tend to say that the real gameplay is in the chip menu, chips can alter gameplay pretty drastically. But the real draw is the story, it goes places. Do as many sidequests as you can stand, and push through the middle act that feels mostly like a retread of the first. It's worth seeing what's on the other side.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

prom candy posted:

I played some titanfall 2 because so many people said it's a great multiplayer shooter. there's a bunch of dumb NPCs you have to kill, the mechs are annoying bullet sponges, and being in the mech is boring because it's so slow. I don't get the hype at all, I'd rather play CoD.

Also saying tf2 when you're referring to titanfall and not team fortress is immoral

hey buddy, let me tell you something: gtfo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Tf2 actually stands for Final Fantasy 7 Remake now, boomers

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I beat Neir:A and was amazed to find it only took maybe 10 hours. Like, some COD campaigns felt longer? It then asked me to play it again in a NG+ “B” way and I noped out. Said lol to that idea. What did I miss? I really hope they made the sequel longer for paying fans.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

Totally agreed.

when you're on foot.

and the best mech game of all time when your not

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blind Rasputin posted:

I beat Neir:A and was amazed to find it only took maybe 10 hours. Like, some COD campaigns felt longer? It then asked me to play it again in a NG+ “B” way and I noped out. Said lol to that idea. What did I miss? I really hope they made the sequel longer for paying fans.

:allears:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PS360 gen definitely has its own aesthetics but I think it'll be more remembered for its game design ethos. Lots rooms full of knee high walls, campaigns designed around co-op/AI partners. Protagonists talking aloud to spoon feed players obvious hints. Binary morality choices. Clear markers that tell the player where to go at all times. PS360 generation is defined by the general lack of respect for the player's intelligence. Dark Souls was meticulously designed as the antithesis of everything that generation was known for, so it's no wonder it became the phenomenon that it was.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

PS360 gen definitely has its own aesthetics but I think it'll be more remembered for its game design ethos. Lots rooms full of knee high walls, campaigns designed around co-op/AI partners. Protagonists talking aloud to spoon feed players obvious hints. Binary morality choices. Clear markers that tell the player where to go at all times. PS360 generation is defined by the general lack of respect for the player's intelligence. Dark Souls was meticulously designed as the antithesis of everything that generation was known for, so it's no wonder it became the phenomenon that it was.

I remember playing the opening few minutes of CoD2's campaign at a 360 demo kiosk shortly after launch and thinking drat, this generation's kinda gonna suck. Slick and HD and full of whizbang graphical effects and just goddamn boring.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

and the best mech game of all time when your not

No thats Starsiege

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol, but tbh, I hate to say this as a big fan of Automata, Replicant is incredibly boring and repetitive in comparison. Especially if you’re trying to get ending E, plus, you *literally* repeat the last half of the game another two and like a quarter times after you beat it once, and only like a few very short cutscenes change in route C. At least in Automata, the stuff you ‘repeat’ is from the perspective of a different character, and not only is a ton of the dialogue different as well as more context in some cutscenes, but the last like quarter of route B is entirely different as 2B and 9S split up, then route C continues after the events of route A and B and is completely different.

I enjoyed Replicant, but I feel like a lot of people say it’s better than Automata, which is kind of wild to me. I can see appreciating the story more, but Automata is much better overall, artistically, in terms of combat, there’s hacking, the chip system is much more interesting than words in replicant, the side quests are infinitely better, world design (and because the overworld is much more simple, running back and forth between each area is way more repetitive and becomes a real drag by route b even), and I also just prefer the setting, music and vibes of Automata. Where is Yoko Taro’s new console game, I need it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Protagonists still talk to themselves non-stop and games are still full of too-obvious tells to let you know exactly where you are allowed to actually go.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
NierA sucks rear end

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You can suck the robots rear end if you want mate. It's 2021. Noones going to judge you.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I am

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have thousands of hours played in TF2 and I have completed Tf2. Both are amazing and great examples of FPS games. :)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'd just like to say that I am really appreciating the plot and pacing of Lost Judgement. It's really a very good story, and I am happy to have a version of the series that is removed from the romanticizing of the Yakuza.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Harriet Carker posted:

It doesnt pick up. Just buy the soundtrack and listen to it in its entirety in a darkened room with the best pair of headphones you can get your grubby little mitts on

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
View to a kill by duran duran is the best bond track you nerds

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vikar Jerome posted:

View to a kill by duran duran is the best bond track you nerds

Idk about this. Can we get bust rodd to weigh in on how many times this song got him laid?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

No thats Starsiege

:nallears:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Best bond track is On Her Majesty's Secret Service by John Barry.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Living Daylights is better

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isAUOa50wdA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Harriet Carker posted:

Not really. Some of the cutscenes have peak level anime weird poo poo going on which can be sort of entertaining, but for the most part it's boring as hell.