Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

evobatman posted:

makes u think what "fertility goddesses" are

Feeder fetish funko pops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

ravenkult posted:

Feeder fetish funko pops

This is really pleasing to repeat out loud over and over again and I hate you for it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Flint_Paper posted:

This is really pleasing to repeat out loud over and over again and I hate you for it.
It's one syllable off from TMNT though :negative:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

frankenfreak posted:

it matches tinker tailor soldier spy though!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kitfox88 posted:

it matches tinker tailor soldier spy though!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

frankenfreak posted:

feeder fetish funko figures

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Feeders in a clam shell! Foody power!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ravenkult posted:

Feeder fetish funko pops

Send shivers down your spine

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Zetsubou-san posted:

feeder fetish funko figures

FEEDER FETISH FUNKO FIGURES

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/BerserkChip/status/1446012663406993411

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/willystaley/status/1446112643509473290

Kids today also don't know about the horrors of the swing dance revival

https://twitter.com/oldenoughtosay/status/1445328674610417664

:catstare:

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Oct 7, 2021

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There was a place in my old neighbourhood that served $12 cocktails sold in mason jars of different sizes. They had a "speakeasy" in the basement beside the bathrooms, hidden behind a bookcase. It was just like the rest of the bar, but it was behind a bookcase. They had like two cocktails that you could only order and drink in the """"""speakeasy"""""".

We'd go there occasionally because they had good in-house made ginger beer and other nonalcoholic drinks.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

zoux posted:

Went to a speakeasy in Montréal during this special time. Met a well dressed couple out back trying to find the hidden entrance like we were. We smoked some weed then went in together as a group of 4. After the dude explained his schtick (name a few ingredients and we'll make whatever and charge you 25 bucks) we all ordered. When he got to the woman in the couple we had just met she was high and panicked and ordered a red bull and vodka. The poor hipster look like we had stepped on his firstborn before composing himself and saying that they could not make that. poo poo was wild. They kicked us out after 2 rounds for being roudy.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/pervocracy/status/1445736093555507202?s=21

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nice drinks and well dressed poeple. The goon nightmare

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I like it when the ducks come pre-milkshaked

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

CommonShore posted:

There was a place in my old neighbourhood that served $12 cocktails sold in mason jars of different sizes. They had a "speakeasy" in the basement beside the bathrooms, hidden behind a bookcase. It was just like the rest of the bar, but it was behind a bookcase. They had like two cocktails that you could only order and drink in the """"""speakeasy"""""".

We'd go there occasionally because they had good in-house made ginger beer and other nonalcoholic drinks.

I am sorry that you had to suffer through the pain of ambience to order non-alcoholic drinks at a bar.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Bape Culture posted:

Nice drinks and well dressed poeple. The goon nightmare

You have a very different vision of how that whole situation appeared than I do.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sometimes you see the beginning and the end of a Twitter thread and you've got a pretty good idea of what the middle looked like. Other times...

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

ravenkult posted:

Feeder fetish funko pops

doo dah, doo dah

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tiggum posted:

Sometimes you see the beginning and the end of a Twitter thread and you've got a pretty good idea of what the middle looked like. Other times...

It's foone.jpg though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Start->Electronic instrument -> fictional electronics instruments -> that visual music thing from futurama s1 finale-> robot devil -> robot hell ->End

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Dachshundofdoom posted:

doo dah, doo dah

how does it feel to be this evil?

E. OOHDADOODADAYY I can't get it to stop now :cry:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh poo poo, maybe his estate will allow proper remixes of the theme to be in the new games?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

:catstare:

Oh god the craft cocktail era was loving horrible when you went to bars to numb the pain of your job. It was right alongside IPAs getting really popular, but honestly those were only popular because they had a higher ABV and don't take longer to pour than any other beer, I don't know why bars had more than 2 on taps at bars. So I'm waiting in line to get an IPA and the three people in line in front of me are ordering drinks are ordering poo poo with 15 ingredients.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Life in 2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GW22sAElpE

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
People will drink a 5% beer and think less of those having something with three kinds of liquor and a splash of pineapple juice, because it's blue.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think I'm better than people for way more spurious reasons than that, pal.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

The speakeasy bar format was the scaffolding necessary to rebuild the structure of American cocktail making. However, like all scaffolding it was crucial to remove it once the building was done. These days you can get good cocktails at fun local bars, and if some people needed to wear vests for a decade to make that possible then by god they died for our freedoms.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

CommonShore posted:

was this Union 613 in Ottawa? That place is/was great and the ownership actually cares about their staff

I went to a shittier cocktail spot in Toronto near Ossington back when I lived tehre. They had a cocktail called "my jacket pocket" that tasted like an old coat and took 20 minutes to make

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Isn’t goku canonically the dumbest person in existence? Like hugely strong but incredibly, insanely dumb?

I’ve never seen the show, this is an honest question.

the first time he meets Chi-Chi he kicks her genitals to see if she's a girl or not. he's dumb as hell lol

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Skwirl posted:

Oh god the craft cocktail era was loving horrible when you went to bars to numb the pain of your job. It was right alongside IPAs getting really popular, but honestly those were only popular because they had a higher ABV and don't take longer to pour than any other beer, I don't know why bars had more than 2 on taps at bars. So I'm waiting in line to get an IPA and the three people in line in front of me are ordering drinks are ordering poo poo with 15 ingredients.
I worked at a bar in the mid '90s that had this poo poo figured out. There was the main bar, this gigantic thing with 2 stations, and then at the back by the pool tables was a smaller bar that only served beer. So if you just wanted a draft or bottle, go there and grab it without standing in a long line because it takes maybe 15 seconds to pour a pint and 5 to uncap a bottle.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Gonna say this one is :nws: but drat is it a solid clapback

https://twitter.com/tempest_xo/status/1446205952009584646

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

MNIMWA posted:

was this Union 613 in Ottawa? That place is/was great and the ownership actually cares about their staff

I went to a shittier cocktail spot in Toronto near Ossington back when I lived tehre. They had a cocktail called "my jacket pocket" that tasted like an old coat and took 20 minutes to make

yes it was! I went there several times because it was a the only place in the neighbourhood that had decent nonalcoholic stuff but I just thought that the speakeasy was corny.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

SubponticatePoster posted:

I worked at a bar in the mid '90s that had this poo poo figured out. There was the main bar, this gigantic thing with 2 stations, and then at the back by the pool tables was a smaller bar that only served beer. So if you just wanted a draft or bottle, go there and grab it without standing in a long line because it takes maybe 15 seconds to pour a pint and 5 to uncap a bottle.
In Japan I've seen bars with beer vending machines.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There's this speakeasy-themed bar in my town that I like and they do a thing called the old stogie. They set a little pile of earl grey tea on fire with a blowtorch under an upside-down glass while they're mixing up rye, brown sugar, and bitters, and then they pour the drink into the smoky glass. It's gross. It's also like when somebody orders some flambed fajitas or something at a tex-mex restaurant except the whole bar smells like a smoldering wet leaf pile for the rest of the time you're there.

Yes they use beakers and Erlenmeyer flasks and ring stands and bunsen burners and poo poo at the bar, their aesthetic is all over the place.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Sounds like they're cargo-culting the idea of a smoked Sazerac. "burning cherry wood chips doused in absinthe makes drink good, must be burning other thing make other drink good".

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

This interests me because tea-smoked duck is definitely a thing, and I wouldn't call the smell of heated tea leaves inherently bad. I'm betting it's the choice of Earl Grey, which is full of bergamot essential oil, that's the problem.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

I gotta say, that's really smart. The bar I used to go two actually had two bars, and the one in the living room area was never used, I doubt it was ever used since the 70s.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

There's this speakeasy-themed bar in my town that I like and they do a thing called the old stogie. They set a little pile of earl grey tea on fire with a blowtorch under an upside-down glass while they're mixing up rye, brown sugar, and bitters, and then they pour the drink into the smoky glass. It's gross. It's also like when somebody orders some flambed fajitas or something at a tex-mex restaurant except the whole bar smells like a smoldering wet leaf pile for the rest of the time you're there.

Yes they use beakers and Erlenmeyer flasks and ring stands and bunsen burners and poo poo at the bar, their aesthetic is all over the place.

I gotta say, that's not smart. Earl gray is bad to begin with, why would you combine it with anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This interests me because tea-smoked duck is definitely a thing, and I wouldn't call the smell of heated tea leaves inherently bad. I'm betting it's the choice of Earl Grey, which is full of bergamot essential oil, that's the problem.

Yeah, and I'm sure it could also be the quality of the tea they use, the amount of time they burn it, how hot they burn it, any number of things. But like... just float some islay on it or something a little less overpowering.
The same bar does something where they torch a cinnamon stick, and when someone orders that, the place smells like a headshop for a while after.