Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like i'm taking a lot more than i give so far this go-round of posting and just wanted to say that i'm grateful for it all. vibe is a collective effort and if you're not bringing it up you're pulling it down, but it's incredibly impactful that everyone here is willing to kinda drag each other along until they can get up and start pushing again

so thanks, byob

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

pnac attack posted:

i feel like i'm taking a lot more than i give so far this go-round of posting and just wanted to say that i'm grateful for it all. vibe is a collective effort and if you're not bringing it up you're pulling it down, but it's incredibly impactful that everyone here is willing to kinda drag each other along until they can get up and start pushing again

so thanks, byob

solidarity

Ass-penny

pnac attack posted:

so thanks, byob

sincerely ILU friend.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

more falafel please

forums poster

pnac attack posted:

so thanks, byob

posting isn't a zero-sum game, friend

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Stoner Sloth

pnac attack posted:

so thanks, byob

more falafel please posted:

this is true - i think each of you add a lot to this place frankly, and i hope that you all get lots back out of it too

byob isn't perfect but imo it's pretty good and i think (and hope) improving. i hope we can all post and chill together for a long time to come!

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

idk what that is

----------------

more falafel please

forums poster

pnac attack posted:

idk what that is

a zero-sum game means that for every winner there is a loser. most competitive games are like that. but posting doesn't work that way, you don't "take" anything by enjoying other people's posts, and your contributions aren't some cosmic karmic offset

what i'm saying is don't worry about what you're taking or giving, :justpost:

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

a zero-sum game means that for every winner there is a loser. most competitive games are like that. but posting doesn't work that way, you don't "take" anything by enjoying other people's posts, and your contributions aren't some cosmic karmic offset

what i'm saying is don't worry about what you're taking or giving, :justpost:

oh. well i do think it works like that, and pretty much everything does at every level, cause conservation of energy is a thing and life feeds on life

----------------

Ass-penny

pnac attack posted:

oh. well i do think it works like that, and pretty much everything does at every level, cause conservation of energy is a thing and life feeds on life

This is a real deep post, and I'm here for it.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

pnac attack posted:

yeah, but I wouldn’t say by making a good post, I have doomed some rando to shitposting tonight

poor rando

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Lock posted:

yeah, but I wouldn’t say by making a good post, I have doomed some rando to shitposting tonight

poor rando

the chill posts chill us out and the unchill ones heat things up

----------------

Stoner Sloth

pnac attack posted:

but is chillness subject to conservation in the same way as energy? is it not possible that chill is an infinitely renewable resource that is generated by pals posting together in a form of positive biofeedback whereby the chill from one post boosts the baseline level of chill in byob allowing more chill posts and so on and so forth ad infinitum?

Manifisto

Stoner Sloth posted:

but is chillness subject to conservation in the same way as energy? is it not possible that chill is an infinitely renewable resource that is generated by pals posting together in a form of positive biofeedback whereby the chill from one post boosts the baseline level of chill in byob allowing more chill posts and so on and so forth ad infinitum?

:haibrower: much like love, chill begets chill

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

It is in the sense that if you total up the economic value of all BYOB posts, you get zero.

more falafel please

forums poster

cruft posted:

It is in the sense that if you total up the economic value of all BYOB posts, you get zero.

also the net change to user's postcounts

take the moon

by sebmojo
i get into stupid arguments and make dumb posts all the time and feel dumb. this is me sincereposting this.

i unironically feel like despite this vibes have never been better here

----------------

Gramps

The fact that the vibes stay good here and nobody really even has to be the vibe police is pretty rad and I hope it stays that way

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Stoner Sloth posted:

Manifisto posted:

:haibrower: much like love, chill begets chill

pretty much what i was trying to say

Gramps posted:

The fact that the vibes stay good here and nobody really even has to be the vibe police is pretty rad and I hope it stays that way

i'm the vibe police and i'm putting myself under arrest

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

one of my life's axioms is that patterns are self re-enforcing, and i think current byob is a very good example of that. usually, we think of only negative patterns as self re-enforcing in the sense of a downward spiral, but positive behaviours are just the same, only perhaps uphill so harder to build up steam.

even when my mood is in the shitter coming here and FORCING myself to try and think of a funny nice joke that's kind but smart has been extremely helpful for every other area of my life. my default setting is process anything thru humour, but a really nice thing is making jokes that aren't actually therapy, which somehow, becomes therapy.

it doesn't make sense. it doesn't have to. i can post what i want!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
i love my husband a whole lot because he bought me a pachinko machine for my birthday because that is what I wanted :swoon:

Stoner Sloth

Barco Fiesta posted:

i love my husband a whole lot because he bought me a pachinko machine for my birthday because that is what I wanted :swoon:

a good hubby and a happy birthday to you friend!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Heather Papps posted:

one of my life's axioms is that patterns are self re-enforcing, and i think current byob is a very good example of that. usually, we think of only negative patterns as self re-enforcing in the sense of a downward spiral, but positive behaviours are just the same, only perhaps uphill so harder to build up steam.

even when my mood is in the shitter coming here and FORCING myself to try and think of a funny nice joke that's kind but smart has been extremely helpful for every other area of my life. my default setting is process anything thru humour, but a really nice thing is making jokes that aren't actually therapy, which somehow, becomes therapy.

every single word of this

also,

Barco Fiesta posted:

happy birthday and that's an insanely cool gift, I have wanted one so long but the ones that pop up on craigslist are ehhh

Manifisto

Barco Fiesta posted:

that's awesome, post the pachinko machine!

ty nesamdoom!

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Barco Fiesta posted:

hbd! and what machine was it?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Android Blues

Barco Fiesta posted:

that's beautiful and i love hearing about it

Heather Papps posted:

yeah

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
it's been really incredible to join this community as it has sincerely been the first group of individuals I've found on the internet that consistently behaves in good faith. its actually weird.

I really feel what pnac is saying because, I too, feel like I take more from this group than I give. i just want you all to know that you are wonderful people and the world is a better place because of the way you all are.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

fps_nug posted:

it's been really incredible to join this community as it has sincerely been the first group of individuals I've found on the internet that consistently behaves in good faith. its actually weird.

I really feel what pnac is saying because, I too, feel like I take more from this group than I give. i just want you all to know that you are wonderful people and the world is a better place because of the way you all are.

solidarity

Heather Papps posted:

yeah

pnac attack posted:

fellow orb, we are all connected and share our energy through everything we do and do not do, and it all works out, eventually, to a balance

like wading into a still lake, you will cause ripples, even if you just hang out and do nothing. your presence is felt in the world that surrounds you

in this case, the world is byob, and it is pretty good

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
It legitimately depresses me, that I love Chloe more than I could ever express in words, and she has literally saved my life, but she'll never - or I will never know if she will ever - understand just what she means to me

Stoner Sloth

Code Jockey posted:

It legitimately depresses me, that I love Chloe more than I could ever express in words, and she has literally saved my life, but she'll never - or I will never know if she will ever - understand just what she means to me

friend, i gotta tell you something modsdogs knew!

e: just my opinion but think of this - dogs have been bred and raised for thousands of years to understand us and they are social creatures. imo they know very well that they are loved and mean a lot to you and you to them :love:

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Stoner Sloth posted:

friend, i gotta tell you something modsdogs knew!

e: just my opinion but think of this - dogs have been bred and raised for thousands of years to understand us and they are social creatures. imo they know very well that they are loved and mean a lot to you and you to them :love:

thank you, sincerely

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I just realized that some of the posts in this thread are enhanced if you have either Keanu Reeves doing the John Wick voice reading them aloud. Alternately, Tilda Swinton doing the Galadriel voice.

cruft

fps_nug posted:

Take that sense of indebtedness and use it to try and make the parts of your life that aren't BYOB better!

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

aldantefax posted:

I just realized that some of the posts in this thread are enhanced if you have either Keanu Reeves doing the John Wick voice reading them aloud. Alternately, Tilda Swinton doing the Galadriel voice.

Now I want to hear Tilda Swinton say "woah"

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Sometimes I think I am not chill enough in real life to be in BYOB. Like I am living a BYOLie.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Manifisto posted:

that's awesome, post the pachinko machine!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/809124714400055327/893690923513425962/video0.mov

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/809124714400055327/893690924184506378/video1.mov

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/809124714400055327/893708729739010078/video0.mov

Lock posted:

hbd! and what machine was it?

SOS The Rescue Dog, manufactured by Sammy (a subsidiary of Sega) in I think the mid-2000s, imported to the US in v limited numbers by a distributor in El Paso that is no longer in business. It is REALLY loving LOUD.

Barco Fiesta fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 2, 2021

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
I often get serious impostor syndrome posting here / discording with you guys because holy poo poo you are all so creative and funny and it just blows me away. Like I know I can be too, but you all are so amazing

more falafel please

forums poster

Code Jockey posted:

I often get serious impostor syndrome posting here / discording with you guys because holy poo poo you are all so creative and funny and it just blows me away. Like I know I can be too, but you all are so amazing

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

:aaa:

This has changed everything

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

holy poo poo, my mind has been blown.

Also that needs to be recorded in BYOB history or something. Etched into stone maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

normally i would try to be super cool and nonchalant about making a good post but this is the sincerepost thread so i'm gonna say that i'm extremely loving pleased with myself for that