Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I liked it. :shrug:

Also hyped for new figures yeeeeeahhh

New base form Goku with manga colors, armorless base form Vegeta and manga-accurate Piccolo!

And first form Cell!

Gonna get all of these. Those smirking faces for Goku and Piccolo are awesome. Plus, the colors are awesome. I’m such a mark for these. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So do Thing #1 and Thing #2 have names yet?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Does the movie take place in the manga continuity? I wonder how they'll work around #1 and #2 fusing now that all fusions have been nerfed

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe Cell will show up since they only have to draw his annoying spots once

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Nanigans posted:

I liked it. :shrug:

Also hyped for new figures yeeeeeahhh

New base form Goku with manga colors, armorless base form Vegeta and manga-accurate Piccolo!

And first form Cell!

Gonna get all of these. Those smirking faces for Goku and Piccolo are awesome. Plus, the colors are awesome. I’m such a mark for these. :swoon:

Are these multiple Vegetas and Gokus or are the fingers pose-able? I never bought DB figures before but if there's that many points of articulation, I might have to bite.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

lezard_valeth posted:

Does the movie take place in the manga continuity? I wonder how they'll work around #1 and #2 fusing now that all fusions have been nerfed

#3 will absorb them and become Perfect #3.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hm. The 3D looks better than I expected, it's not awful, tolerable even. But it's super loving disappointing after how beautiful DBS: Broly was.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

iamsosmrt posted:

Are these multiple Vegetas and Gokus or are the fingers pose-able? I never bought DB figures before but if there's that many points of articulation, I might have to bite.

They’re highly articulated, but the hands are just swappable. You always get a set of fists, “blast” hands, “martial arts” hands and occasionally a more specialized hand or two. Like Piccolo’s Makankosappo hand, Goku’s Instant Movement hand, etc. etc. They also always come with at least 2-3 face swaps or in Piccolo’s case, additional heads.
Sometimes they also have swappable arms for crossed arm poses or in Piccolo’s case, a ripped off arm option.

They are fantastic figures, but can be pricy. Anywhere from $35-80.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Nanigans posted:

They’re highly articulated, but the hands are just swappable. You always get a set of fists, “blast” hands, “martial arts” hands and occasionally a more specialized hand or two. Like Piccolo’s Makankosappo hand, Goku’s Instant Movement hand, etc. etc. They also always come with at least 2-3 face swaps or in Piccolo’s case, additional heads.
Sometimes they also have swappable arms for crossed arm poses or in Piccolo’s case, a ripped off arm option.

They are fantastic figures, but can be pricy. Anywhere from $35-80.

Ooh, thanks for the info! I think Vegeta looks pretty awesome, he would never be a jobber in my house.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

lezard_valeth posted:

I mean the movie seems to be very out of sync with the current timeline so it could be like old movies and not actually fit anywhere

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's 10 years after buu but we don't know how it relates to end of z at all, if it does

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Finally saw a clip of the movie, it looks like a pretty decent video game, but not a particularly impressive one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aurora posted:

it's 10 years after buu but we don't know how it relates to end of z at all, if it does

Oh I know I mean it doesn’t seem very in sync with the current manga at all and it’s not like leap forward products have ever cared about internal consistency if they don’t flow together

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aurora posted:

It likely doesn't. It's meant to happen in the same year but the character designs we have are totally different (Pan has longer hair, Goku's still wearing the orange-and-blue, Bulma is significantly younger). I imagine it'll just ignore the epilogue because, once again, Toriyama Forgot and just threw a random time for the movie without thinking if something happened during that particular time.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh I know I mean it doesn’t seem very in sync with the current manga at all and it’s not like leap forward products have ever cared about internal consistency if they don’t flow together

You're probably right, but also, Vegeta's weirdly absent, which makes me wonder if he isn't being shown specifically to attempt not to contradict the current manga arc. After all, if this does take the manga into account (unlikely but not impossible since Toriyama is involved in both) then Vegeta would have Ultra Ego at this time, which has never been animated or even shown in games due to how new it is.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Goten is probably still two feet tall if he even shows up

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

It likely doesn't. It's meant to happen in the same year but the character designs we have are totally different (Pan has longer hair, Goku's still wearing the orange-and-blue, Bulma is significantly younger). I imagine it'll just ignore the epilogue because, once again, Toriyama Forgot and just threw a random time for the movie without thinking if something happened during that particular time.

You're probably right, but also, Vegeta's weirdly absent, which makes me wonder if he isn't being shown specifically to attempt not to contradict the current manga arc. After all, if this does take the manga into account (unlikely but not impossible since Toriyama is involved in both) then Vegeta would have Ultra Ego at this time, which has never been animated or even shown in games due to how new it is.

it's entirely likely that it's not at the exact same time as the 28th wt so pan doesn't have to have her hair at that length or w/e.

big green

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It looks like a Raging Blast cutscene lol

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

How tall are these guys?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Some Numbers posted:

How tall are these guys?

1:12 scale, so Piccolo’s about 6” and you can kinda figure out the others from there.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

hatty posted:

Goten is probably still two feet tall if he even shows up

He's gonna show up with Kid Goku proportions for maximum audacity.

Trunks? Baby Trunks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fear him

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't seen the Bio Broly movie but some of those dudes looked like dudes from Bio Broly, is this canon Bio Broly

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I haven't seen the Bio Broly movie but some of those dudes looked like dudes from Bio Broly, is this canon Bio Broly

nah they're both red ribbon army super soldiers

they'll probably merge into one extra strong dude

its the DBS version of Super 17

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sea Lily posted:

nah they're both red ribbon army super soldiers

they'll probably merge into one extra strong dude

its the DBS version of Super 17

Merging?! In Dragonball? I think you're confused. We fuse people in Dragonball.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They stack to become Mecha-Shiva

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Darth TNT posted:

Merging?! In Dragonball? I think you're confused. We fuse people in Dragonball.

No, see, they'll "merge" instead of "fuse," that way, Vegeta can't use Fission to split them up (because Fission only works on Fusions)!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
They should just have Vegeta not do his new move cause he’s being a good dad and taking his wife and kids to Gentendo Land.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

No, see, they'll "merge" instead of "fuse," that way, Vegeta can't use Fission to split them up (because Fission only works on Fusions)!

actually i guess if they fuse in a mechanical way rather than magical or spiritual, i guess vegeta can't just split them

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People are getting very hype for Broly so it’s going to be very funny when all he does is appear onBeerusvplanet right before the actual plot starts

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

MorningMoon posted:

Here for Piccolo struggling between being the pampering grandpa and also a martial arts teacher for Pan.

https://twitter.com/SaladSaiyan/status/1446158302262480898
Broly hangin' out

Looks like Goku brought cake this time to convince Beerus to train him.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

actually i guess if they fuse in a mechanical way rather than magical or spiritual, i guess vegeta can't just split them

oh he can, it just won't be pretty

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Shinji2015 posted:

Pretty sure they call what Namekians do merging and Vegeta offered to split Piccolo back up

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
They’ll use the secret technique of ignoring what’s happened in the manga completely.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah if the anime was still going they might care but no one gives a gently caress about the manga.

Just let’s it play in its own corner

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

People are getting very hype for Broly so it’s going to be very funny when all he does is appear onBeerusvplanet right before the actual plot starts

Yeah this is my bet too. He will appear at the beginning, be absent for 90% of the plot, and then when the robots fuse and are kicking Goku/Vegeta/Piccolo's rear end he will triumphantly appear to stall for time for Goku to come back and win the battle. Potentially getting his rear end kicked in the process.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

lezard_valeth posted:

Yeah this is my bet too. He will appear at the beginning, be absent for 90% of the plot, and then when the robots fuse and are kicking Goku/Vegeta/Piccolo's rear end he will triumphantly appear to stall for time for Goku to come back and win the battle. Potentially getting his rear end kicked in the process.

he's gonna show up at the last minute with the potara and we'll finally get Broku

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don’t know from the way it’s presented this movie feels tonally like Yo son Goku and friends return.

We haven’t got much yet so I can easily be wrong but it feels like that kind of movie with pan taking Goten and trunks place

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://twitter.com/KamalaKaraA1/status/1446620737272434694

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what I've seen of the movie so far gives off mad video game cutscene vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Oh neat. I was really sad when it looked like their sales were too low to keep it going.