Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

new full of hell is out

https://fullofhell.bandcamp.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's great as usual.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

There’s a new Genocide Pact track and new album in December

https://genocidepact.bandcamp.com/album/genocide-pact

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

New Creeping Death album in November. Sounds sick already.

https://creepingdeathtx.bandcamp.com/album/the-edge-of-existence

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

New Creeping Death album in November. Sounds sick already.

https://creepingdeathtx.bandcamp.com/album/the-edge-of-existence

Love that album art.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Is Kristen hayter on this one? New lingua ignota came out last month so maybe she was too busy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Didn't see anyone mention it, but Enslaved's new EP is out. It's under 20 minutes long but a good listen.

https://enslaved.bandcamp.com/album/caravans-to-the-outer-worlds

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012
Cool new death metal from Italy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLkGOoZlfM

New for fans of Adversarial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2eu64ke0b0

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Friday release day because I remembered and am not busy at work:

ASM, war. I think this leaked a week or two ago, but is now actually out
Havukruunu EP, bm
Blood Red Throne on non-BC, dm
Untamed Land, spaghetti western tinged bm. Not fully out
Hegemon, bm
Outer Heaven EP, grindy dm
Eos, atmoblack
Devil's Reef, dm
Alda, atmoblack
Creeping Death EP, dm
The Breathing Process, melodeath
Atræ Bilis, brutal tech death
KRZTA, sludge
Norse, bm
Black Sites, progressive trad

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

gently caress yeah :black101:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I've been hanging out in first few Black Sabbath albums lately, mostly because of the remasters that have been coming out. Sabotage is such a bad-rear end album. It's a perfect combo of blues/rock/swing/riffing/vocals/lyrics. It's them firing on all cylinders. And "Thrill of It All" is such a sick song -- it captures all that Sabbath magic in a single song and when that stilted riff comes in outta nowhere. gently caress!

No wonder metal can be so good when it was these guys that kicked it off.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Freedom Trails posted:

I've been hanging out in first few Black Sabbath albums lately, mostly because of the remasters that have been coming out. Sabotage is such a bad-rear end album. It's a perfect combo of blues/rock/swing/riffing/vocals/lyrics. It's them firing on all cylinders. And "Thrill of It All" is such a sick song -- it captures all that Sabbath magic in a single song and when that stilted riff comes in outta nowhere. gently caress!

No wonder metal can be so good when it was these guys that kicked it off.

How are those remasters?

Sabbath is so good. The hits are all killer and the more “ignored” stuff is just as good if not better because they really were more varied than most people give ‘em credit for. Metal that swings mmmmm.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
black box remasters were good imho

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
Yeah, they’ve got a heavy psychedelic sound you’ll miss if you stick to the hits.

I’ve only been steered to them because of my Spotify playlists, so I can’t say if the Sabbath remasters are good or not. I haven’t listened to the originals enough to tell ya like I could with the Megadeth or Rush stuff (in both cases, excellent!).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But the megadeth remasters are horrible? The horns on into the lungs of hell. :negative:

I guess I’ll agree the audio itself is a good improvement for modern ears, but the creative changes are ughhhh.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

drat middle period satan's host (archidoxes of evil through Power ~ Purity ~ Perfection...999) whips the llama's rear end. i've been sleeping on these for too long

Doctor Teeth fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 11, 2021

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
I hear you on the Megadeth additions, but those horns are hilarious. Also, I totally forgot how much that dummy loving talks in songs. There are so many!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

His attempt to chitter like a mouse/mole/rodent on dawn patrol will never not make me laugh.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Whaddayou MEAN he talks too much?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
This is cool. The album is pretty awesome too. Not sure what it is. Prog? I'm not really into prog but there's something about this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hdiNCte3a4

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
I just finished a playthrough of Technical Ecstasy. Okay, this one was a little rough as it's way less interesting, musically. What a weird album -- I don't think Iommi drops a riff in any of the songs and Ozzy's singing about his feelings and not in an interesting way. This is a good one to skip. Next up is Never Say Die! and I imagine this will be where the wheels fall completely off.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Freedom Trails posted:

I just finished a playthrough of Technical Ecstasy. Okay, this one was a little rough as it's way less interesting, musically. What a weird album -- I don't think Iommi drops a riff in any of the songs and Ozzy's singing about his feelings and not in an interesting way. This is a good one to skip. Next up is Never Say Die! and I imagine this will be where the wheels fall completely off.

I've read about the production of TE before, basically nobody but Tony wanted to work on it, and he was trying to stress sounding like other bands (including I wanna say Foreigner). The rest of the band hosed around on the beach, and Ozzy was already getting ready to leave. Then he does, Sabbath hires some guy from a band called Savoy Brown, Ozzy gets weird about it and they make NSD with Ozzy after a lot of complaining.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 13, 2021

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Savoy Brown once played in my small liberal arts college’s cafeteria for free on a Wednesday night.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've read about the production of TE before, basically nobody but Tony wanted to work on it, and he was trying to stress sounding like other bands (including I wanna say Foreigner). The rest of the band hosed around on the beach, and Ozzy was already getting ready to leave. Then he does, Sabbath hires some guy from a band called Savoy Brown, Ozzy gets weird about it and they make NSD with Ozzy after a lot of complaining.

Thanks for this. I was wondering who I was hearing on vocals here and there. It definitely sounded like Ozzy didn't give a poo poo about his performance on this one.

So...on to Never Say Die!, Ozzy's final performance with Black Sabbath.

I was expecting a continuing train-wreck, given the above, but it's not half-bad. I mean, it's not great or anything, but it's a lot better than Technical Ecstasy mainly because it sounds like Ozzy's trying this time. He (at least seems) to put his heart into it and carry some melodies. Which saves the day, because Iommi is content playing some dirty blues in the background -- long gone are the days of phat riffs and you won't find any on this album. It's so weird, because he blows open the doors again on his next album Heaven & Hell.

The song "Breakout" is notable, because of course you want to include a full-on big band song on your album. In other words, if you came to Sabbath for the saxophone action, this is the moment you've been waiting for.

In short, I'd listen to the album again sometime (I can't say the same for TE) but there's nothing very notable about it. Ozzy sings well, Iommi plays the blues, and that's about it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Well, said guy doesn't end up singing on NSD...but they use a song they wrote with him (Swinging the Chain) and Bill Ward sings it because Ozzy refused to, and "It's Alright" on TE.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 14, 2021

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Are albums on Minidisc going to be the new thing? I just read an email from Anti from Demilich saying that Dissonant Tapes are releasing Nespithe on Minidisc.

I think I can get into this.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Nazzadan posted:

Friday release day because I remembered and am not busy at work:

ASM, war. I think this leaked a week or two ago, but is now actually out
Havukruunu EP, bm
Blood Red Throne on non-BC, dm
Hegemon, bm
Outer Heaven EP, grindy dm
Eos, atmoblack
Devil's Reef, dm
Alda, atmoblack
Creeping Death EP, dm
The Breathing Process, melodeath
Atræ Bilis, brutal tech death
KRZTA, sludge
Norse, bm
Black Sites, progressive trad

Thanks for these updates, man. I always find a bunch of good stuff, or at the very least, interesting stuff I wouldn't have found otherwise.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Are albums on Minidisc going to be the new thing? I just read an email from Anti from Demilich saying that Dissonant Tapes are releasing Nespithe on Minidisc.

I think I can get into this.

Has been for quite some time in other genres.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Nazzadan posted:

I jumped into this thread early today looking for this week's releases and realized somehow I had missed this. What a fun album

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Thanks for these updates, man. I always find a bunch of good stuff, or at the very least, interesting stuff I wouldn't have found otherwise.

You are vey welcome I like doing it

Omnikin posted:

I jumped into this thread early today looking for this week's releases and realized somehow I had missed this. What a fun album

Good timing, it released late in the day so it wasn't up when I posted that anyways. And now it's time for this weeks

Aeon, dm
Crystal Coffin, meloblack
Inferno Requiem, bm
Necromantia, bm
Hate, blackened death
Alcatrazz on non-BC, trad
Noltem, atmoblack
The Agonist, melodeath. Not fully out
Bound in Fear, slamming deathcore
Lutharo, melodeath
Sorguinazia, bm
Avdagata, atmo meloblack
Misanthur, bm. Not fully out
Extreme Cold Winter, death doom
Kromorth, dm. Not fully out
Stormgrey, dm
Shapeless Being, dm (sick art)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yo dawg, I heard you like Winter, so I put some extreme cold in your winter

My new band is Extreme Slayer

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Listening to the album now tho and its p good so far

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kvlt! posted:

Listening to the album now tho and its p good so far

I like the first song a lot now that I actually listen to it :angel:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I remember I used to laugh at Aeon's lyrics for being so comically over the top, I hope that continues on the new record. And yeah that Extreme Cold Winter name is VERY funny

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Extreme Cold Winter feels like a really bad translation into english

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

im from Massachusetts where we call the band "Wicked Cold Winter"

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjlaQR8DaTM

reminds me of this. arguably the best album cover in metal.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Nazzadan posted:

I remember I used to laugh at Aeon's lyrics for being so comically over the top, I hope that continues on the new record. And yeah that Extreme Cold Winter name is VERY funny

honestly, their over the top stuff shined through on "Bleeding the False", but they really haven't been too good since then.

I'll at least give the new one a spin.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Snowy posted:

Yo dawg, I heard you like Winter, so I put some extreme cold in your winter

My new band is Extreme Slayer

dibs on More Slayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008