Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

symbolic posted:

imagining an epic episode of Family Feud where Steve Harvey's disbelief morphs into overdramaticf shock when Pjotr turns out to be on the board for "Name a man's name starting with P"

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

symbolic posted:

imagining an epic episode of Family Feud where Steve Harvey's disbelief morphs into overdramaticf shock when Pjotr turns out to be on the board for "Name a man's name starting with P"

Lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

symbolic posted:

Lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

symbolic posted:

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mbt posted:

you had to think of a name starting with p and you went with pjotr

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

symbolic posted:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mbt posted:

you had to think of a name starting with p and you went with pjotr

symbolic posted:

lol

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

symbolic posted:

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Mesuking was a real game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushiking:_The_King_of_Beetles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pro Wrestling Noah, a Japanese professional wrestling organization, has given a Mushiking-related gimmick, "Mushiking Terry", to one of its wrestlers, Kotaro Suzuki. Mushiking Terry feuds with his rival Mushiking Joker, portrayed by Ricky Marvin.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao. between this and toylets being real, I'm going to stay away from bicycles if I ever go to japan

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
In donkey kong for the arcade, the way the game determines when a barrel is going to go down the slope or go down the ladder to kill you is determined by the direction you are facing. So if a barrel is about to go down a ladder, you'd simply face away from it and it will go down the slope.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

In donkey kong for the arcade, the way the game determines when a barrel is going to go down the slope or go down the ladder to kill you is determined by the direction you are facing. So if a barrel is about to go down a ladder, you'd simply face away from it and it will go down the slope.
huh! interesting. is there a post or site somewhere further breaking down everything in dk? "the pacman dossier" is friggin' great

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo I'm gonna love that site

Nope, I just found out about it when I asked someone how they manage to beat the first stage so easily. Just face the other direction when barrels are coming your way from above. Crazy how simple it is, but I have no idea how they expected people to know that.

edit: Is Pac-Man Dossier a website or a book? All the links I'm finding are dead. Where'd you get that Castelvania info from? I love to read stuff like that.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 9, 2021

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

learned about the barrel behaviour from king of kong

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

edit: Is Pac-Man Dossier a website or a book? All the links I'm finding are dead.
it's a website that is dead that has since been rehosted in a few places. here's one copy.

Where'd you get that Castelvania info from? I love to read stuff like that.
just the castlevania fandom wiki, which like all fandom wikis is a horrifying mess visually but has some interesting info that might even be accurate

trying to jack off posted:

learned about the barrel behaviour from king of kong
yeah that's why i was wondering if there was some site breaking DK down into similarly atomic detail, given that movie and it's, uh, participants continuing to jostle for dominance years on

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

all the twin galaxy morons insisted on keeping secrets to their strategies to try maintain their high scores so lots of that stuff is poorly documented, but it turned out that was also because they were just cheating or lying and didnt want to get found out

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

all the twin galaxy morons insisted on keeping secrets to their strategies to try maintain their high scores so lots of that stuff is poorly documented, but it turned out that was also because they were just cheating or lying and didnt want to get found out

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i saw walter day/the referee at some ultra nerd convention a few years back and he had his hood up holding his collar up over like he was a celebrity weaving in and out of the crowd and i almost said Sup walt but i decided to give his privacy since he was probably just tryna peep the badass cosplay bitches for a quick hook up and bounce

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Todd Rogers is a god.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I like how they didn’t even try to sound legit. Like if the world record for Centipede was 60 thousand, Todd Rogers would claim he scored 60 million.

In other words:

Wormskull posted:

Todd Rogers is a god.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

herculon posted:

I like how they didn’t even try to sound legit. Like if the world record for Centipede was 60 thousand, Todd Rogers would claim he scored 60 million.

In other words:

https://youtu.be/sTqRx-F7ZqA

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
My dad once told me that he wanted to enter a local Donkey Kong tournament but didn't end up going, and was super pissed when he later heard about the high scores of the winners because "mine were much higher!!!"

I then made him play the Donkey Kong minigame in DK64 and he couldn't make it past the first stage. What I'm saying that he should have posted his "much higher" scores on some website and become a God instead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

insane anime posted:

i saw walter day/the referee at some ultra nerd convention a few years back and he had his hood up holding his collar up over like he was a celebrity weaving in and out of the crowd and i almost said Sup walt but i decided to give his privacy since he was probably just tryna peep the badass cosplay bitches for a quick hook up and bounce

There's a pretty big arcade in my town and one night I was there and it just so happened Walter Day and Billy Mitchell were doing a celebrity appearance there. Walter was in his referee duds and holding court to a huge gang of middle-aged nerds holding on to his every word and Billy was sitting at a table hawking t-shirts and hot sauce and nobody was biting. The whole scene was weird and my friends had no idea who they were and we were all really stoned so they were incredibly confused but we just sidled past everyone so we could play Midway's The Grid.

Edit: Billy must have been incredibly optimistic because I remember he had like 10 cases of hot sauce stacked up all around his table and it's really funny to imagine him dejectedly loading it all back into his car at the end of the night

HORNEY VAPE BRO fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 11, 2021

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Lol avgn owns what are the best episodes I haven't watched any since 2005

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Fixins posted:

action 52 episode is win

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

There's a pretty big arcade in my town and one night I was there and it just so happened Walter Day and Billy Mitchell were doing a celebrity appearance there. Walter was in his referee duds and holding court to a huge gang of middle-aged nerds holding on to his every word and Billy was sitting at a table hawking t-shirts and hot sauce and nobody was biting. The whole scene was weird and my friends had no idea who they were and we were all really stoned so they were incredibly confused but we just sidled past everyone so we could play Midway's The Grid.

Edit: Billy must have been incredibly optimistic because I remember he had like 10 cases of hot sauce stacked up all around his table and it's really funny to imagine him dejectedly loading it all back into his car at the end of the night

lol. thank you for sharing. if i ever saw billy and walter together id challenge Big Bill to a wing and beer drinking contest officiated by the man himself and the loser has to drink all of billys hot sauce. THe winner keeps the tie(s).

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fixins posted:

The best modern one is Tiger Electronics but I haven’t watched anything since his movie came out I think because people started getting all sour on him and I got peer pressured.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It contains the perhaps most perfectly recorded experience of trying to use a Tiger game that will ever be made, and for several different specific devices. On top of being funny of course.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fixins posted:

Gameboy accessories

Earthbound

Mortal Kombat Ports

Mortal Kombat ripoffs

Amiga cd32

Town With No Name

3do games

There's a few other recent ones that are really good but that's off the top of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I had an r-zone as a kid with the indy 500 game and all it was good for was pretending it was like a future war target acquisition system for when you played war with other kids