Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

uber_stoat posted:

this is only acceptable if the show has a set number of episodes and the finale is 9/11.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1446553444274212873?s=20

Because That 80's Show did so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston? Lausajne estas rano en mia bideo!

The only esperanto you'll ever need.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Dysgenesis posted:

Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston? Lausajne estas rano en mia bideo!

The only esperanto you'll ever need.

Actually I think you'll find it's

N'Gasta posted:

N'Gasta! Kvata! Kvakis!

N'Gasta! Kvata! Kvakis! ahkstas so novajxletero (oix jhemile) so Ranetauw. Ricevas gxin pagintaj membrauw kaj aliaj individuauw, kiujn iamaniere tusxas so raneta aktivado. En gxi aperas informauw unuavice pri so lokauw so cxiumonataj kunvenauw, sed nature ankoix pri aliaj aktuasoj aktivecauw so societo. Ne malofte enahkstas krome plej diversaspekta materialo eduka oix distra.

So interreta Kvako (retletera kaj verjheauw) ahkstas unufsonke alternativaj kanasouw por distribui so enhavon so papera Kva! Kvak!. Sed alifsonke so enhavauw so diversaj verjheauw antoixvible ne povas kaj ecx ne vus cxiam ahksti centprocente so sama. En malvaste cirkusonta paperfolio ekzemple ebsos publikigi ilustrajxauwn, kiuj pro kopirajtaj kiasouw ne ahkstas uzebsoj en so interreto. Alifsonke so masoltaj kostauw reta distribuo forigas so spacajn limigauwn kaj permahksas pli ampleksan enhavon, por ne paroli pri gxishora aktualeco.

Tiuj cirkonstancauw rahkspeguligxos en so aspekto so Kvakoa, kiu ja cetere servos ankoix kiel gxeneraso retejo so ranetauw.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Cartoon Man posted:

Smells like teen failure.

Inshallah

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

this is only acceptable if the show has a set number of episodes and the finale is 9/11.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1446553444274212873?s=20

It's Netflix, so there's a good chance it'll get canceled after a couple of seasons.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It's Netflix, so there's a good chance it'll get canceled after a couple of seasons.
If it does well and it's good, one season.
If it's terrible trash, how many seasons is Paradise PD up to now?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Actually I think you'll find it's
That sounds like basque

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

uber_stoat posted:

5 or 6 seasons (depends if you want to wade into middle school 8th grade or just skip to high school). Final season is a time-skip where the cast has various levels of professional success. We close on the burnout promising to be early to the reunion this time, by leaving for it a day early on United Air... :eyepop:

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Are there any shows that have done the 9/11 reveal better than Fringe? I guess it's been long enough that it wouldn't be as surprising these days.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Are there any shows that have done the 9/11 reveal better than Fringe? I guess it's been long enough that it wouldn't be as surprising these days.

Depends on how that Comic show Ex Machina goes about it.

Spoilers The Main Character gains technopathy and is able to convince one of the planes to miss the WTC, but is unable to stop the other

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FilthyImp posted:

Depends on how that Comic show Ex Machina goes about it.

Spoilers The Main Character gains technopathy and is able to convince one of the planes to miss the WTC, but is unable to stop the other

Oh God, please tell me they're not still going through with that? Comic end spoiler the main character wins a presidential election by tampering with the voting machines.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well more like he tempers with a gubernatorial election, systematically alienates all his friends, and in the last page is shown to be President John McCain VP, proving that power corrupts even those with noble intentions. plus a whole host of multiversal horrors showing him that he is the spearhead of an invasion force

And this is what we last knew about it
Oscar Isaac's involved in Ex Machina show

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles with the gang members enthusiastically explaining the event to Sarah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPzzYhuhOxo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Her American isn't bad. Better than Emilia Clarke's Sarah Connor at least.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Because That 80's Show did so well.

This at least has returning actors and characters and is a proper follow-up.

That 80's Show was some weird unrelated thing.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i hope that 90s show has a character who is what my age was in the year the show is set. then i'll look at the television and say "hey! that's me!"

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That ‘80s Show was just hack joke after hack joke about “lol look at the outdated technology” or “lol the fashion was so gaudy”, with any time dedicated to writing a 22-minute plot likely being spent on snorting rails, for “authentic” “‘80s” “inspiration”

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm going to be hypercritical of the kid characters based on whether they're shown to be a PC, Nintendo, SEGA, or Sony kid cross-referenced with the year the show is supposedly set in. I will do this free of charge.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
It'll be high schoolers listening to grunge and smoking pot and watching space ghost

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

That ‘80s Show was just hack joke after hack joke about “lol look at the outdated technology” or “lol the fashion was so gaudy”, with any time dedicated to writing a 22-minute plot likely being spent on snorting rails, for “authentic” “‘80s” “inspiration”

Guy at bar: "Hey check out my PORTABLE PHONE! Yo are my sleeves rolled up right?"

Record Store Owner: "Yeah, they're about as straight as the time I did margarita shots off of Joan Jett while watching Debbie Harry write her new album"

no one else on that show was memorable in any way shape or form.

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

It'll be high schoolers listening to grunge and smoking pot and watching space ghost
This better have a "very special episode" on Mortal Monday

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay but Glenn Howerton (Pre sunny in Philly) is in it and it's just awful awful and the punk chick was super cute.
She was the lead in Not Another Teen Movie, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8CC67mTx8U

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

This better have a "very special episode" on Mortal Monday
There is an actual no-poo poo episode of Baywatch that prominently features a "Video game/Liquor Store" where the kid character runs into a bully while playing Street Fighter II, and there is no loving way they're going to top that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKA5AFXWGHg

Inzombiac posted:

Okay but Glenn Howerton (Pre sunny in Philly) is in it and it's just awful awful and the punk chick was super cute.
She was the lead in Not Another Teen Movie, right?
Yeah Chyler Leigh. She's done a lot of TV work, including a long run on Grey's Anatomy and she plays Supergirl's adoptive older sister on the CW show. Still gorgeous.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah Chyler Leigh. She's done a lot of TV work, including a long run on Grey's Anatomy and she plays Supergirl's adoptive older sister on the CW show. Still gorgeous.

I'll stand by they killed the wrong Grey. Lexie should have stuck around and Meredith died in the plane crash

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Len posted:

I'll stand by they killed the wrong Grey. Lexie should have stuck around and Meredith died in the plane crash

She was one of the only ones that wasn't a blatantly, ragingly terrible human being, a category of which the main character is the absolute worst example.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mind the walrus posted:

Her in the video for Mansons Tainted Love cover all gothed up is a very pleasant memory.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

twistedmentat posted:

Her in the video for Mansons Tainted Love cover all gothed up is a very pleasant memory.

Oh my god. Thank you for unlocking this memory.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Inzombiac posted:

Oh my god. Thank you for unlocking this memory.

For anyone who isn't familiar with this apex of cinematography
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKulSH2nNc

Also forgot that movie had baby Chris Evans in it.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Joey Jordison (R.I.P.) at 1:20

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I stanned Marilyn Manson so loving hard for way too long, although honestly I stanned the band and not so much the guy. This was probably them at their mainstream/commercial peak, and it's pretty lol in hindsight that it took Brian Warner less than two years to go from here to completely blowing up the band and beginning the pathetic downward spiral that leads to today and very likely ends with him as a convicted sex offender.

I had that "Ain't Nothin' But a G(oth) Thing" t-shirt :(

This Is the Zodiac has a new favorite as of 00:42 on Oct 11, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

This Is the Zodiac posted:

I stanned Marilyn Manson so loving hard for way too long, although honestly I stanned the band and not so much the guy. This was probably them at their mainstream/commercial peak, and it's pretty lol in hindsight that it took Brian Warner less than two years to go from here to completely blowing up the band and beginning the pathetic downward spiral that leads to today and very likely ends with him as a convicted sex offender.

even at his best, Marylin Manson was like the campiest poo poo imaginable. It was to “dark, satanic, etc” music in the 90s as Bat Out of Hell is to heavy metal. Marylin Manson makes Rob Zombie look/sound like Burzum

TLDR- the best thing about Marylin Manson is the band

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I got a cassette player working, and found that one of my old tapes was for some reason, a recording of 99.9 FM KISW's morning show Twisted Radio, dating to Wednesday June 12, 1996

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

It was to “dark, satanic, etc” music in the 90s as Bat Out of Hell is to heavy metal. Marylin Manson makes Rob Zombie look/sound like Burzum
I've actually gotten very into Rob Zombie since the beginning of this year since he does basically everything I enjoyed about Marilyn Manson while at the same time being (as far as I can tell) an actually decent human being.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This Is the Zodiac posted:

I had that "Ain't Nothin' But a G(oth) Thing" t-shirt :(

Its funny because i had a lot of goth friends and they all were either kinda down on Manson or enjoyed it ironically. Mostly because they were into the scene before so they were more into Joy Division, Skinny Puppy and Type O negative and Manson seemed to spring forth fully formed onto the scene as a commercial hit. But he/they got people to come out to goth nights so my DJ friends were happy with it. They can come for the Manson but stay for the Sisters of Mercy and Birthday Party.

I was "he's sorta goth but more Glam/Shock really, more Alice Cooper than Edward Eldrich" and then I'd be told to shut up, with humor but shut up none the less.

Not really related, Trash Theory posted a video about the history and evolution of Grunge, and its really fascinating. I knew the Mother Love Bone part and honestly though that was the source of everything, but nope, much earlier than that. Of course it started with a women of colour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuTY805MzJc

Though I got a really good laugh at Alice in Chains started off as a cock rock band.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Though I got a really good laugh at Alice in Chains started off as a cock rock band.

I mean they were called Alice In Chains

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

twistedmentat posted:

That one was news to me, had to rewind the video to make sure I got it right.

It reminds me that everyone should also be aware of Glamtera:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Marilyn Manson was an effective gateway drug and there are still a few good songs spread out across their albums, but yeah, there's way better out there.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Wait, hang on, I want people to see my nipple."

"What? I'm not changing clothes, you rear end in a top hat. Make it happen."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ok Comboomer posted:

I mean they were called Alice In Chains

In hindsight yea, it makes sense.

Trabant posted:

That one was news to me, had to rewind the video to make sure I got it right.

It reminds me that everyone should also be aware of Glamtera:

Wait, what? Cowboys from hell indeed.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cowboys From Hell is Pantera’s fifth album, not their first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ultrafilter posted:

Cowboys From Hell is Pantera’s fifth album, not their first.

Pantera has done everything they can to bury everything before it.