Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
drat itto's pretty cool ngl

If gorou's on his banner then I'll be tempted to get them for the geo memes, Albedo needs company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For a bunch of super secretive assassins and spies or whatever these fatui guys seem to spend a lot of time standing around staring at nothing.

Normally I wouldnt think much of it but the hilchurls like, do stuff.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Oh wow Hu Tao is great. Really good character design and voice. Okay I'll pull for her next month.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Danakir posted:

So I've been thinking, is there any reason to keep any artifacts from sets that are exclusively 4* nowadays? At least for a mature account. Obviously, I only keep the best pieces but even so I was going through my artifacts for stuff I could junk earlier and realized that I haven't used any artifacts from any of those sets in months.

Anything I'm missing that might make some of those sets uniquely applicable?

I still use a defender's will flower and feather on albedo, it's gonna be a shame having to recycle those. that 2pc defender set has probably contributed millions of damage to isotoma.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Acerbatus posted:

For a bunch of super secretive assassins and spies or whatever these fatui guys seem to spend a lot of time standing around staring at nothing.

Normally I wouldnt think much of it but the hilchurls like, do stuff.

I'm only up to Narukami Island, but so far it seems like the Harbingers do the important work and the soldiers just bully randos since they're technically representatives of Snezhnaya and don't want to outright declare war.

Redmark fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 14, 2021

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

downvote

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Redmark posted:

I'm only up to Narukami Island, but so far it seems like the Harbingers do the important work and the soldiers just bully randos since they're technically representatives of Snezhnaya and don't want to outright declare war.

Some of them just like sitting around eating berries :3:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
you know if that healing = damage set DOES work with overhealing, hydro resonance might not actually be the worst thing imaginable, since its basically +30% to the stored heals in the bubble. Incoming healing% is a separate modifier from the normal healing% bonus, after all. Kokomi/Mona? Kokomi/Xingqiu already exists in one of the fireworks variants... man we don't have a lot of Hydro units do we? Here's hoping Ayato is a hydro unit like the rumors were going.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean Hydro Resonance still sucks because it pigeon holes the entire element. Even electro, terrible as it is, at least has energy particle regen as their resonance which is more generically useful.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It will work for overhealing and it will work off field! Mark my words!

Kokomi + Barbara teams, TO THE MOON!!!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
They actually added 120 FPS in that last patch.

iOS only, and only for a few devices.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Hazdoc posted:

you know if that healing = damage set DOES work with overhealing, hydro resonance might not actually be the worst thing imaginable, since its basically +30% to the stored heals in the bubble. Incoming healing% is a separate modifier from the normal healing% bonus, after all. Kokomi/Mona? Kokomi/Xingqiu already exists in one of the fireworks variants... man we don't have a lot of Hydro units do we? Here's hoping Ayato is a hydro unit like the rumors were going.

I get +6500 healing ticks just from the jellyfish on my kokomi/xq taser team, almost fight ends with everyone's health bar full. I can't imagine what the overhealing damage is gonna look like. I'm cackling like a greedy little goblin just thinking about it

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I figured out why some character idle lines seem to fire off so often! And I wanted to share it here, since it took me an entire year to notice this and presumably there are people who are even less observant than me ITT.

So, why does Zhongli talk about osmanthus wine so drat often? Idle sounds come in two varieties: the ones that randomly play if you stand around in one spot for too long, and the ones that play in conjunction with an idle pose. The former camp includes voicelines such as Kaeya's :argh:-inducing "I didn't know you were such a slacker," and Bennett's "Good things come to those who don't wait around!" These lines are listed in the Voice-Over section of each character's Profile page, and every character has at least 3. Some are more grating than others, but that's largely a matter of personal taste. The other variety of idle sounds are those that play when a character does an idle pose. Most of these are pretty unobtrusive—grunts, sighs, and other sound effects—but a handful of characters have voicelines tied to one of their idle poses. The infamous "osmanthus wine" line is one of these, as are Hu Tao's hilichurl rhyme and Ayaka's "A blade embraces its duty ... " line.

I did about ten minutes of testing; it seems that after roughly 15-30 seconds of overworld idling, an idle voiceline or a pose plays. 15-30 seconds later, a different one plays, and so on. In the overworld alone, the pose-linked idle voicelines shouldn't be any more frequent (or annoying) than the unlinked idle voicelines. However, the pose-linked lines have something working against them: when you're in the Attributes submenu of the Character menu, the character you're looking at will cycle through their idle poses. They will start one of their poses within about 5 seconds of you switching to them. Notably, the pose they choose can be one that has an idle voiceline linked to it. After the initial pose triggers, the next one will fire off after ~20 seconds. Unlike idling in the overworld, which randomly chooses a sound from a pool of 4 possibilities or more, the two idle poses will alternate. In practice, this means that if you idle on Zhongli's Attributes menu, you will be hearing the "osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember" voiceline every 40 seconds. This is why the pose-linked idle lines seem so frequent, prominent, and annoying.

tl;dr Some characters have idle poses with accompanying voicelines, meaning that if you idle on them in the Attributes section of the Character menu for more than a few seconds you have a 50/50 chance of hearing that voiceline fire off. If you don't want to be heckled by Zhongli's wine nostalgia or BENNY'S ADVENTURE TEAM, ASSEMBLE! then switch off the Attributes submenu ASAP.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Bloody Emissary posted:

I figured out why some character idle lines seem to fire off so often! And I wanted to share it here, since it took me an entire year to notice this and presumably there are people who are even less observant than me ITT.

So, why does Zhongli talk about osmanthus wine so drat often? Idle sounds come in two varieties: the ones that randomly play if you stand around in one spot for too long, and the ones that play in conjunction with an idle pose. The former camp includes voicelines such as Kaeya's :argh:-inducing "I didn't know you were such a slacker," and Bennett's "Good things come to those who don't wait around!" These lines are listed in the Voice-Over section of each character's Profile page, and every character has at least 3. Some are more grating than others, but that's largely a matter of personal taste. The other variety of idle sounds are those that play when a character does an idle pose. Most of these are pretty unobtrusive—grunts, sighs, and other sound effects—but a handful of characters have voicelines tied to one of their idle poses. The infamous "osmanthus wine" line is one of these, as are Hu Tao's hilichurl rhyme and Ayaka's "A blade embraces its duty ... " line.

I did about ten minutes of testing; it seems that after roughly 15-30 seconds of overworld idling, an idle voiceline or a pose plays. 15-30 seconds later, a different one plays, and so on. In the overworld alone, the pose-linked idle voicelines shouldn't be any more frequent (or annoying) than the unlinked idle voicelines. However, the pose-linked lines have something working against them: when you're in the Attributes submenu of the Character menu, the character you're looking at will cycle through their idle poses. They will start one of their poses within about 5 seconds of you switching to them. Notably, the pose they choose can be one that has an idle voiceline linked to it. After the initial pose triggers, the next one will fire off after ~20 seconds. Unlike idling in the overworld, which randomly chooses a sound from a pool of 4 possibilities or more, the two idle poses will alternate. In practice, this means that if you idle on Zhongli's Attributes menu, you will be hearing the "osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember" voiceline every 40 seconds. This is why the pose-linked idle lines seem so frequent, prominent, and annoying.

tl;dr Some characters have idle poses with accompanying voicelines, meaning that if you idle on them in the Attributes section of the Character menu for more than a few seconds you have a 50/50 chance of hearing that voiceline fire off. If you don't want to be heckled by Zhongli's wine nostalgia or BENNY'S ADVENTURE TEAM, ASSEMBLE! then switch off the Attributes submenu ASAP.

Is there a way to shut off idle talk (and fishing talk) but leave other voiceovers on?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hazdoc posted:

the videos talking about "don't level past +16", etc, were in a world where people were still struggling to A6 their first DPS. It's actually pretty sound advice if you're not running a hyper-carry, and for hypercarries its not a deal-breaker to reinvest that resin elsewhere, sure you can amplify your hypercarry's DPS more and get more value, but abyss DOES take two teams when you get to that point... And back then very few people did the math to prove them wrong, either.

The funny part is the statement isn't "don't level past +16", it's "the jump from +16 to +20 isn't as resin-efficient as cranking up other things". Saying never to level past +16, or supports should never go above 60, or whatever... that's the parroted reddit takeaway and the internet immortalizes it. I can remember a lot of the awful, awful videos I watched when I started and can say without even looking there's a 100% chance they're still up.

Some day I hope Mihoyo makes a single, random chest in a highly visible area respawn on every account. It'd be an incredible troll.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Lol the Elon Musk tweet is already gone

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Mix. posted:

ahahahahah

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Mix. posted:

Praise Barbados

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mix. posted:

patch 2.3 ella musk has been deleted from the game

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Maybe Ella musk can go away too? I think I’ve got a new pet suggestion box fill in.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

she's replaced by three hilichurls in a trenchcoat who still wish to enable communication between mondstadt and the churls

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Acerbatus posted:

So uh is there any kind of story recap feature?

There are text logs in the archives. You can even alter responses there to read/hear alternate dialogue paths

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Mix. posted:

she's replaced by three hilichurls in a trenchcoat who still wish to enable communication between mondstadt and the churls

Genuinely a more engaging storyline already!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

They actually added 120 FPS in that last patch.

iOS only, and only for a few devices.

why would you do it ios only

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Tweet was proposing X, Y, Z rewards for so many followers and the 5 million follower reward was the CEO meets with Elon Musk \:smith:/

Follow me for more "old man recounts tweet without understanding twitter" takes

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

why would you do it ios only

To sell more iOS devices of course.
Real answer: Not sure how many other mobile devices can handle 120.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hopper posted:

To sell more iOS devices of course.
Real answer: Not sure how many other mobile devices can handle 120.

PC exists

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That genshin musk tweet, for posterity

fake e: gently caress you mhy

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk what they were thinking with that one

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
it's just a prank bro.

i was acting like a jerk becuz it was pretend. lol u got trolled.

see, i'm a really nice paimon irl. genshins just don't get me sometimes, it's cool. i wuz just trollin them lol

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Why'd they pull it?

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

the reply to musk got deleted as well.

someone wrangled the twitter account away from the ceo

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm thinking some community manager's either a tesla fan or an NFT grifter with some kind of plan to cash in on this with a new half-baked gimmick coin. Either way they didn't actually have permission from the company or the CEO

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

PC exists

Huh, I thought that related to mobile devices only and PC was a given...

Then the answer probably really is "to sell more iOS devices" who knows, maybe Apple paid them for it

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Thoma’s hangout is incredibly good.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

bandaid.friend posted:

I'm thinking some community manager's either a tesla fan or an NFT grifter with some kind of plan to cash in on this with a new half-baked gimmick coin. Either way they didn't actually have permission from the company or the CEO

yeah this reeks of "unpaid intern got a hold of the official account and posted memes"

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I don't get it why are people crying blue murder at some silly attempt at viral marketing?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's cringe

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

dogsicle posted:

it's cringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Boat Stuck posted:

You guys gotta check this out.

Chinese players put together a two-hour fan-made (edit: but Mihoyo sponsored) compilation/talent show for the anniversary.

If you don't want to watch the entire thing, at least watch the live action part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhyV8hXbZqI&t=3530s

(There's soft subtitles)

screw the Genshin anime, I now want a 48 episode live action drama

The Hu Tao thing feels roughly on par with the average Tokusatsu shows special effects and acting. :lol:

I really don't need Elon Musk's stupid memetic rear end involved in anything to do with Genshin myself honestly. Te Ella Musk joke is plenty already. It was bad enough a few years back when he was briefly trying to get cred with JRPG and anime fans by posting weird memes and weirding out the Tesla board of directors.

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 14, 2021