Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I'm enjoying Swan Boy on CAKE. the plots are drawn (heh) from the run of the comic, but changed to better fit the new form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Warbird posted:

They’re doing some dire things to the music licensing budget for the upcoming tv series/movie in this episode.

E- Does anyone know what song was used in that extended banjo bit after Tomboy shows up? It’s very familiar but I can’t place it.

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it's Big Rock Candy Mountain. I asked in the discord who did that version but no answer yet, it was really good.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm so proud of our man Branson. Started off posting funny scribbles on the internet and now he's performing with Henry Rollins

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

seaborgium posted:

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it's Big Rock Candy Mountain. I asked in the discord who did that version but no answer yet, it was really good.

I'm hoping we get a full playlist of the songs featured in the episode.

Empty Sandwich posted:

I'm enjoying Swan Boy on CAKE. the plots are drawn (heh) from the run of the comic, but changed to better fit the new form

I too am enjoying that! But the episodes being only 10 minutes long always leaves me hungry for more.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My friends had never heard of RTOM or Swan Boy so I put the first episode on and none of them laughed.

I need new friends.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Albee sure loves to think that other people should love her as much as she loves them. That's not healthy.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Please note that the characters are not to be considered role models with the exceptions of Bellow and de Bonesby. And if for some reason you don’t want to be an immortal litch that reads all the time that’s on you buddy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is Cordellia not a role model? Sure, the deal with a demon is generally dumb, but he seems like a nice enough of a boss.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Warbird posted:

Please note that the characters are not to be considered role models with the exceptions of Bellow and de Bonesby. And if for some reason you don’t want to be an immortal litch that reads all the time that’s on you buddy.

Man, can you imagine being a combination of Bellow and De Bonesby? A super hot all powerful litch who's hella chill and always on vaction.

RandomPauI posted:

How is Cordellia not a role model? Sure, the deal with a demon is generally dumb, but he seems like a nice enough of a boss.

In a way all jobs are a deal with a demon.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Ahem, attempted lich.

I was a lil surprised Bellow didn't discuss Vacationism with Shiitake Tomboy, seems like a good fit lol

RandomPauI posted:

Albee sure loves to think that other people should love her as much as she loves them. That's not healthy.
It's another facet of her issues with constructing a grand narrative to follow, which she hasn't generalized from her experiences with Kreedis.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Did you like this episode? May I suggest Fantastic Fungi on Netflix?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Deathlove posted:

Did you like this episode? May I suggest Fantastic Fungi on Netflix?

Oh poo poo that's on Netflix now? I was going to see that in theaters before the plague happened and everything shut down!

Albee goes on a trip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJaA5N-uy-M

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
Ali has Tall Energy

Agree/disagree?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Strong agree.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HolHorsejob posted:

Ali has Tall Energy

Agree/disagree?

Yes. Obviously

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't know what anybody looks like irl but I would bet my life savings that Ali is taller than Carly. And Branson.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

flavor.flv posted:

I don't know what anybody looks like irl but I would bet my life savings that Ali is taller than Carly. And Branson.

Branson is 6'3".

I finally got around to listening to the last Rude Talks and man, that's the stuff I pay extra for, I gar-on-tee

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Deathlove posted:

Branson is 6'3".

I finally got around to listening to the last Rude Talks and man, that's the stuff I pay extra for, I gar-on-tee

The proper and good height, as we have been told.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

flavor.flv posted:

Finally, an excuse to post this amazing cast picture:

Standing l-r: Ali, Tim, Chris, Taylor
Sitting l-r: Joe, Branson, Carly

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Party Boat posted:

Finally, an excuse to post this amazing cast picture:

Standing l-r: Ali, Tim, Chris, Taylor
Sitting l-r: Joe, Branson, Carly

isn't that an Orthodox Christ pose Branson is doing?

I love that series of pics.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Taylor is Chris’ alternate vacation skin

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Deathlove posted:

Branson is 6'3".

It's a surprise to me to learn that branson is tall every single time, because he has real Short Energy. I can't explain what exactly i mean by this, it isn't pejorative at all, he just has an energy that i associate with short people

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Taylor is Chris’ alternate vacation skin

i've accepted that i will never be able to tell them apart in photos

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Deathlove posted:

Branson is 6'3".

Height is a matter of attitude

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Empty Sandwich posted:

isn't that an Orthodox Christ pose Branson is doing?

I love that series of pics.

In his last live show he is literally carried onto stage in Jesus Christ pose. He later says to hurry up with the intro, "I spent too much time pretending to be Jesus"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

If Branson is Christ then I think that makes Tim Plat Judas, except in this version of the Bible Judas does non-traditional stand up comedy and Jesus bullies the Hell out of him.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

um excuse me posted:

In his last live show he is literally carried onto stage in Jesus Christ pose. He later says to hurry up with the intro, "I spent too much time pretending to be Jesus"

that's what made me finally notice it in the cast shots.

I finally bothered to look it up, and yep:

https://www.oca.org/questions/liturgicarts/placement-of-fingers-in-icons

lol

edit: all of this reminds me that Jesus canonically exist(s/ed) in Cordelia

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 15, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

As does Catholism

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

As does Catholism

Yeah, a big chunk of their first live show involved Catholicism. That is one of those weird running gags they have, that some stuff is just Canon and no one talks about it. Having it be Johnson Christ someone says when they curse instead of Jesus Christ is also pretty good.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
He's a good DM.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Deathlove posted:

He's a good DM.

holy poo poo, loving unstoppable, you try and stop this man and you will see it true

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I bought tickets to that, got distracted by the newly-released Psychonauts 2, decided it was too late to stay up watching, and then tried a method of downloading it that didn't work when I went back later :saddumb:

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 16, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr Christmas posted:

I bought tickets to that, got distracted by the newly-released Psychonauts 2, decided it was too late to stay up watching, and then tried a method of downloading it didn't work when I went back later :saddumb:

See, your problem here is your need for sleep. You should stop doing that.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I’m spending way too much time listening to the music in this latest episode. I just figured out Im currently listening to a strings cover of a 90s Phish song and haven’t been listening to a word anyone has said for at least two minutes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What we really need is a Branson Reese NPC name generator.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode just dropped and things happen in it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

New episode just dropped and things happen in it.

holky gently caress but this is a good episode

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Empty Sandwich posted:

holky gently caress but this is a good episode

It is! And by GOD does stuff happen in it! And that's all I'm willing to say.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What about things, though? Do those happen?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

It is! And by GOD does stuff happen in it! And that's all I'm willing to say.

Spoilers dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Vice-Captain and Humorless Bartender are my OTP