Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Yeah, you drink it to get wrecked

exactly

it'll gently caress you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
just drink mate. it'll keep you awake no problem and unlike with red bull, you won't give money to a right-wing dipshit billionaire.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I remember years ago there was a huge thread about colognes in the YLLS forum. Like, it was nuts.

yeah the dude who “ran” it was a pharmacist lol. and he loved a scent from a scent maker called “creed”

lol

he knew his poo poo tho wow

Sagebrush posted:

yeah but it's not the only option either.

when i was in college and abusing energy drinks i drank full throttle, which at the time had a flavor like mountain dew.

i’ve had every energy drink enough that I am sick
of them all

except red bull. it’s like coca cola, they’ve stumbled onto a perfect formula

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

exactly

it'll gently caress you up

good old dxm

i mean not good drat

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
redbull tastes like piss (and i know what piss tastes like, because i drank some redbull once)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

red bull tastes like cough syrup.
there is a coca cola brand energy drink that tastes actually pretty good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i learned from a girlfriend that in many eastern european nations cough syrup has wintergreen flavoring, and as a result people from that part of the world tend not to like root beer.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
talking about other cultures have you ever heard someone with a south african accent drop something on the ground?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

this poo poo.

my god.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

this poo poo.

my god.

:getin:

i have an 18 year old spare bottle of that sitting ominously among bitters on a liquor shelf in my den

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

i learned from a girlfriend that in many eastern european nations cough syrup has wintergreen flavoring, and as a result people from that part of the world tend not to like root beer.
good, more root beer for me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

this poo poo.

my god.

it’s so sweet. and there is so little.

it’s tasty tho. wonder why that drink format is more popular in south east asia 🤔

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Subtle parent-child sabotage to stop them touching computers in adult life

art mode, art mode is the greatest

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector posted:

:getin:

i have an 18 year old spare bottle of that sitting ominously among bitters on a liquor shelf in my den

bring back the old label

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i built a fizzy generation station and flavourings and make syrups and bitters for it. they make a few energy drink concentrates that might be interesting to try

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm
I’d thought about trying to use my buying power as a pharmacy to buy in ingredient to make my own.

i’ll call it “fragrant finger”

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Agile Vector posted:

bring back the old label

'member when Red Bull started become mainstream and hipsters would wear t-shirts with this logo and Kramer into conversations with "well actually it's originally from Thailand"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i think pechaud's tastes uncomfortably like a sore throat analgesic and antiseptic from when i was a kid, and rhubarb bitters tastes a bit like smarties, and that's when it clicked that medicine was probably using the same herbs to cover the taste as they did to cover cheap booze historically

i mean, i know there's a lot of crossover in the booze and medicine category, but i'd not encountered such a visceral connection before

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wasnt jagermeister basically a traditional medicine?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

absolutely the worst hangover of my entire life was due to vodka redbull and I include the "those weren't doubles they were quadruples" incident in that list.

that stuff is satan

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

hmm
I’d thought about trying to use my buying power as a pharmacy to buy in ingredient to make my own.

i’ll call it “fragrant finger”

i mean you really only need caffeine and taurine, then make or buy whatever kind of syrup you want to add it to, really

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

echinopsis posted:

it is definitely proof against the horrors of life.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

minato posted:

'member when Red Bull started become mainstream and hipsters would wear t-shirts with this logo and Kramer into conversations with "well actually it's originally from Thailand"

i do not, no

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

it's a digestif invented in the 1930s, idk if you can call that either 'traditional' or 'medicine'

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/OregonZoo/status/1448715889252073475

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

:yeshaha:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

absolutely the worst hangover of my entire life was due to vodka redbull and I include the "those weren't doubles they were quadruples" incident in that list.

that stuff is satan

I mean yeah, Four Loko was basically prepackaged vodka/red bullb and they made that stuff illegal

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

good old dxm

i mean not good drat

didn't you write the tcc op on this?

lol, lmao

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

ur username is roastbeef and u didnt even buy an entire pound of roast beef, smh.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we have roast beef at home

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
somebody better have a really good picture for roast beef at home

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

infernal machines posted:

somebody better have a really good picture for roast beef at home

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

didn't you write the tcc op on this?

lol, lmao

nah I wrote the og cactus thread. ever wondered what I chose my username from? the answer is no, no one has ever wondered

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:kiss:

echinopsis posted:

ever wondered what I chose my username from?

huh.

neat.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

somebody say roast beef?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti