Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Cowslips Warren posted:

They could have done some fun skin swaps too, like Bang in a standard Wraith skin, or Caustic in Octane's (Seer's for max effect) standard skin. That would have been cool.

Anything but that please. It sucks enough already with the Mirage cowboy hat skin that looks like Seer from afar, with all the crashes and lovely audio I really don't think we need them to gently caress up the ability to tell characters apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Tried to do some of the monster mash event but every arena game I queued my team wasn't full and twice I was 1v3 neat

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I had a full arena game but the game crashed at the start and I missed round 1.

This game has been broken since the collection event came out, what the hell happened there?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

New arena map is real good, I really wish they would stick with new maps designed specifically for arena and not more of the awful PoI ones.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Word on the street is that ____Ash____ is the next legend :thunk:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Superanos posted:

I had a full arena game but the game crashed at the start and I missed round 1.

This game has been broken since the collection event came out, what the hell happened there?

Uninstalled last night after wasting an hour trying to get a functioning game in any mode. Either got an incomplete team or the server was so laggy I couldn’t run. Fix your poo poo respawn.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

Bottom Liner posted:

Uninstalled last night

rip lmao

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

servers death marching and a champ ult doesnt work for weeks? Nothing

loot boxes giving out too much? patched in an hour

big lmao indeed

EDIT: wouldn't even be a big deal if this were a rare thing, but even this thread constantly jokes about how broken this game always is

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 14, 2021

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

But have you considered, not uninstalling?

e: but seriously, I'm sorry the dead bad game has frustrated you to the point of uninstalling. I've decided to embrace the absurdity and also I use occult methods to get the game working ymmv

Rodney The Yam II fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 14, 2021

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Mines been fine since they hotfixed the rampart latch weeks ago :shrug:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dogstile posted:

Mines been fine since they hotfixed the rampart latch weeks ago :shrug:

Same, my SO was having constant freezing issues. She also uninstalled, but then she reinstalled and it works fine. Also she switched to wireless to hard wire.

Obviously this isn't going to fix the above person's problems, but basically the St Louis and Iowa servers have been cruising along fine with no noticeable slowdowns or glitches.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

no crashes or anything but my sound just straight dropped when the ring started closing with 3 squads to go for about 15 seconds. Then when it was the final 2 it played the music & sound effects for like, your squad/champ squad and count down to dropping from the ship. Luckily I didn't get snuck up on during either events and won with some thematic music playing so I wasn't super mad about it.

edit: ok i somehow didn't notice like, lobby music playing all the way up to the point where my sound completely faded out. It might have started a minute or so before the clip begins when I killed the champion or something?

Tweak fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 15, 2021

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I've had it happen like twice throughout this current season where music of some sort starts playing around 4 teams left.

It's slightly distracting, but also very epic when you're trying to clutch in a final battle all-in scenario.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I think that bug happens for everyone in the server (at least when it happened to me my squad also got it) so at least it's fair :v:

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1449064994562248707

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

So... Horizon thought Ash was someone else?

Also lol @ Revenant being like "aite I tried"

I'm generally not too big on following Apex lore too hard but Ash was one of my favorite Titanfall 2 characters so I guess I'm reading this bit.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Revitalized posted:

So... Horizon thought Ash was someone else?

Also lol @ Revenant being like "aite I tried"

I'm generally not too big on following Apex lore too hard but Ash was one of my favorite Titanfall 2 characters so I guess I'm reading this bit.

Horizon thought Ash was Lillian Peck, the humanitarian founder of Olympus back when it was predominantly a science park. Ash said something that Horizon remembers Lillian saying shortly before the ill-fated expedition into an event horizon. It was in that first set of pages on Monday, though the little flashback to Ash saying “You’re never alone” originally happened in an animatic in Season 9 I think.

So Horizon thought she was going to get her old friend back, and instead she condemned her old enemy to the apparent techno-purgatory of being a self-aware simulacrum.

EDIT: Fun fact, those wake codes were part of Ash’s nonsense mutterings during the Broken Ghost finale back in season 5.

runchild fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 15, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Right after she got a cool new face plate, it gets broken again. Such a shame.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

If Ash does turn out to be the next legend I hope she and Horizon have some Loba/Rev tier party banter.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
feels like there would be a conflict of interest in arenas

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

When Ash joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the arena.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol i know it takes time to get client patches through certification, but they could at least rig the backend to force everyone's pose to the default rather than asking nicely

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1449154215599824905

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

repiv posted:

lol i know it takes time to get client patches through certification, but they could at least rig the backend to force everyone's pose to the default rather than asking nicely

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1449154215599824905

the loving balls of this, lmao

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Has there been a bot problem lately?

In the last 10 or so games I've done I'd say 3-4 have had complete potato teammates who just walk into walls, spam E on doors, hit their Q and throw a punch every once in a while. I'd say it's a coincidence if I hadn't noticed the same behavior happening multiple times, but I really don't know what someone gets out of it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I've had issues with apparent lag-switches multiple times recently, particularly in Arena. The "lag" always seems to happen just coincidentally exactly at when we're about to engage, and ends after a couple dozen seconds of inconclusive wild firing.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1449390532497526792

:ohdear:

runchild
May 26, 2010

Hmm yep I’m pretty convinced Ash is the next legend now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Respawn finally starting to tease Tropics (the 4th BR map)

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1449420676721414144

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
When's the new map released then?

I really wish they'd have regular team deathmatch and FFA modes in this, the gunplay is so good.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

If the gap between Olympus and Tropics is the same as the gap between Worlds Edge and Olympus, it'll launch next season. Which would also fit with them starting to tease it now.

I feel like adding yet another BR map is going to spread Respawn pretty thin though, we only get one map updated each season so with 4 maps they'll go a full year between updates. Could get pretty stale, unless they ramp up and start updating two maps per season.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
They could focus on fixing the known glaring issues before adding new content that they won't maintain, but hey

runchild
May 26, 2010

repiv posted:

Respawn finally starting to tease Tropics (the 4th BR map)

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1449420676721414144

Huh, I was expecting more of the weird twilight vibe of the new arenas map. But that storm front does have the eerie green glow…I wonder if the map will also be set on Boreas or if this will be a “Party Crasher isn’t on Olympus” situation.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

They could focus on fixing the known glaring issues before adding new content that they won't maintain, but hey

I feel like the maps are more or less in healthy places, though. Olympus is still fun; KC is still my favorite. There's maybe a problem with third parties, but it might be unfixable unless you change so much about it its not recognizably the same map. WE is solid, except for 2/3rds of a server dropping on the streamer building in Fragment (they need to just turn that part of the map into a giant crater, skulltown style).

None of them are so bad that I avoid queuing when its up...unlike overflow, which is extremely unfun.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 16, 2021

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is overflow the lava arena map?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The map guy is probably not the guy in charge of fixing footsteps or whatever

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The Diddler posted:

The map guy is probably not the guy in charge of fixing footsteps or whatever

pfft they should just have the map person do different coding to make the game work gooder
its very simple

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bottom Liner posted:

Uninstalled last night

How will this affect your posting?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Chard posted:

pfft they should just have the map person do different coding to make the game work gooder
its very simple

All those artists should stop making skins and fix bugs, tbh

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Chard posted:

its very simple

Don't be a dick. They are expending resources and money to add content when they could be spending resources and money to fix problems. Instead, we get a message box asking us to please don't do this thing that causes a bug. New skins and maps don't mean poo poo when the game crashes constantly and you have stuttering during every engagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Definitely impossible that they're doing both, by say, looking for programmers.

Inconceivable.