Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fat in meat is good I have just never seen a steak with a giant blob of fat running through the middle of it. It is usually on the outside. Could just be an unusual cut of steak obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

donquixotic posted:

Pineapple belongs in coleslaw

There's a Mexican place by my house that has pineapple jicama coleslaw and it's surprisingly good.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Fat in meat is good I have just never seen a steak with a giant blob of fat running through the middle of it. It is usually on the outside. Could just be an unusual cut of steak obviously.

I mean there's ribbons of fat and connective tissues even in sirloin, which is what that probably is

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

OwlFancier posted:

Fat in meat is good I have just never seen a steak with a giant blob of fat running through the middle of it.

Ribeye is probably the most common cut that will usually have thicc veins of fat throughout.

Ribeye is good.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah thats why ribeyes(I think that is a ribeye anyway) are better medium-rare instead of rare because all that fat melts a bit more and is easier to eat.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/oz_shiron/status/1449189887538700292

Not as bad as some of the "either no budget for plates or too much" style of restaurant, at least a console shell is appropriately container-shaped.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like that all lifehacks exist, superimposed, a perfect layer of solution suspended above but never touching, never actually solving this wretched plane of struggle and corruption we dwell upon, this square-sliced pie samsara we know and hate and love

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

One of my grandma's was a pie/cake anarchist. I know she knew how pies were usually cut, but we would just get shushed into submission. She would just tally up the number of people at the party and cut a grid that best fit into it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

tribbledirigible posted:

One of my grandma's was a pie/cake anarchist. I know she knew how pies were usually cut, but we would just get shushed into submission. She would just tally up the number of people at the party and cut a grid that best fit into it.

I do this with pizza every so often, you gotta get out of ruts sometimes.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

LifeSunDeath posted:

pineapple is great, but not on pizza.

if you want to go to war over this fact, well, prepare to lose everything.

The best pizza with pineapple I ever had was pineapple, pepperoni and jalapenos and it was still just meh. I am willing to die for the cause. I love pineapple, I buy the juice, I eat it all the time. Just don't put it on my pizza.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I am shaking with rage right now

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

empty sea posted:

The best pizza with pineapple I ever had was pineapple, pepperoni and jalapenos and it was still just meh. I am willing to die for the cause. I love pineapple, I buy the juice, I eat it all the time. Just don't put it on my pizza.

I had a pizza with smoked pulled pork, jalapeņos, cilantro, and pineapple and it was really really good. They went easy on the pineapple though.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
This thread inspired me to make pizza today. It's good.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Mymla posted:

those don't look like tid-bits; you cut up a real pineapple YOU MONSTER.

My grocery store sells balls of pizza dough for $1.50; they're pretty good but I usually just roll them out and make garlic knots because I don't want to make pizza sauce and garlic butter is easy.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Of course I did. Canned pineapple is terrible.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mymla posted:

your funeral pal

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/IuErMjF.mp4

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That reminds me I have some of those dehydrated fish cracker fry-up things in my cupboard and I kind of want to make some now.

I would eat that whole box of tubes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

That's exactly what it looked like at taco bell when we made the Cinnamon twists. Spiral pasta goes in, hot twists ready for Cinnamon sugar come out

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Oh man if those are anything like those pinwheel looking things you find in the Hispanic section of a store. I wouldn't stop eating til the hot sauce ran out

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm the single pickled beet

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Casu Marzu posted:

I'm the single pickled beet

You be that, I'll be the placemats that look like you overturned an ashtray. (same place)

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

a good idea if you happen to have in your family someone who doesn't appreciate crust. they may have the middle :colbert:

Chamelaeon
Feb 29, 2008

Captain DIEgiene posted:

I was just trying to remember what brand of soda here in the states had a chocolate soda back in the late '80s/early '90s. Maybe Faygo, maybe something else. We used to get it regularly but it was a constant cycle of disappointment because we only ever saw it in a diet version, we loved the chocolate flavor but then it was just a ton of lovely aspartame aftertaste.

Was reading through the thread backlog and noticed you never got an answer. You're remembering Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge Soda, an old Chicago-area favorite that was revived in 1984, peaked in the late 80s/early 90s and then almost entirely went away in the mid-90s. It is still being made but it's so regional I can only get it when I visit my family.

You're spot on with your description of the taste, but it's nostalgic for me - my grandmother always had some in the fridge. Probably worth noting that your search for a non-diet version was in vain: such a thing never existed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Today's keywords are innovative and plating

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

For some reason I initially parsed that as "happy butthole"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

We look at food here, sir.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

City of Glompton posted:

a good idea if you happen to have in your family someone who doesn't appreciate crust. they may have the middle :colbert:

Bobby: Dad what happens if someone asks for a piece with no pie crust?

Hank: We ask them politely but firmly to leave.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Aardvark! posted:

what the hell is this

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Bismuth posted:

what the hell is this

Half a coconut shell full of cocoa nibs. Classic birthday treat.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

A friend was sent one of these to eat while he had covid to test if he really couldn't taste anything.
Turns out he really couldn't taste anything but could still feel the pain from the heat

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Aardvark! posted:

Why the little dessert dicks? Complete with head and other details.

I think this person should leave.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bismuth posted:

what the hell is this

a bowl of sadness

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Talkin bout Bugsnax

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

oh HELL yes.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I maintain the best resource for horrible foods is early microwave cookbooks. My favorite I can think of offhand is "microwave three pheasants for 70 minutes on high" from one I found at a flea market. I wish I bought that cookbook so I could have taken pictures.

e: well, I'll be, someone else found the same cookbook

SkyeAuroline has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
lmao :byodame: :siren: MICROWAVE FOR 75 MINUTES :siren: :byodame: