Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nee8KfUtLBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The most beautiful food combined with the most ugliest customers. I would eat the gently caress out of those sandwiches.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I would pay like, $100 to have one of those delivered to me right now to be honest

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Computer viking posted:

So uh why is there a stave church randomly somewhere in Wisconsin? I know there's a lot of Norwegian immigrants up there, but we sort of stopped building them in the 1300s. Rescued original? Replica for tourist purposes?

You think you got some kind of patent on the gloomiest place to worship Jesus Christ?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Aardvark! posted:

I would pay like, $100 to have one of those delivered to me right now to be honest

I just got home after eating a full rack of ribs and all I can say to this is :same:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

Door County, WI
Population 30,066
Land area 482 sq mi
density: whatever the division of the above numbers results in

for some reason this map doesnt have a county location in state but it's the erect penis of Wisconsin

Oh hey my old stomping grounds. I lived in Green Bay for 6 years and worked up in Door County as a park ranger for another two.

quote:

I've seen so many fuckin tourists eat poo poo and almost go into the lake at this exact spot.

quote:

Off-season this place was super chill. We would load up all the employees at the park and head here for huge piles of wings and pitchers of beer multiple times a week before tourist season started.

Computer viking posted:

So uh why is there a stave church randomly somewhere in Wisconsin? I know there's a lot of Norwegian immigrants up there, but we sort of stopped building them in the 1300s. Rescued original? Replica for tourist purposes?

It's a replica:

quote:

The chapel is modeled after the Garmo stave church at Maihaugen in Lillehammer, Norway

I guess. It's located on the grounds of Björklunden, some facility situation for classes and retreats for Lawrence University in Appleton, WI.

This was the bar we drank at most nights after work. It was a loving heap, but the beer was super cheap and ice cold, and they had 50 cent mystery shots, so for a pile of just out of college kids working in the heat 10 hours a day, this was loving nirvana.

Door County is a weird place. It's a bunch of country folk living their best rural life smashed up against insane mobs of richass white people coming up from Milwaukee and Chicago from Memorial Day to Labor Day to pretend they're doing some east coast cape cod coastal village bullshit.

The state parks are loving gorgeous, and if it wasn't for tourist season, I'd love to live up there.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 17, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The only thing I know about Door County apart from the fishing is dried apple heads. Any photos of those, Aardvark?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Dennis Hopper played a hell of a psycho

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Casu Marzu posted:

It's a replica:
I guess. It's located on the grounds of Björklunden, some facility situation for classes and retreats for Lawrence University in Appleton, WI.

Fair enough. It was just an incongruous thing to randomly run into in the US countryside.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, say what you will about Frank Booth but Pabst absolutely tastes better than Heineken. It's my go to order if the bar doesn't have Schlitz.

Joe Don Baker nods approvingly

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTQRrHF1cQ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I wonder if there's beer on the sun

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
all right, I've looked at everything on the south side of the county, time to cross the canal :patriot:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:lmao: that rules

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

it's "Poh's Corner Pub" on google maps

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just give me the poo special.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

McGavin posted:

Are you a Hippie?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

McGavin posted:

Oh, the number 2

Do you want fries with that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The corn please

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lets all go to the Fun Park! I'm guessing the pizza isn't very good considering there are 0 pictures of it.

Warning: Please do not ingest fountain water.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Something that doesn't come up here but I think about all the time I do this is: "Why are they taking this photograph?" Like look at this one. If this were a movie this would be slipped in to a yellow envelope and used as blackmail.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had all of those McDonald's glasses

Sold them on eBay

Those could be them!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

lets all go to the Fun Park! I'm guessing the pizza isn't very good considering there are 0 pictures of it.
It took quite a while and I was almost convinced that they had never actually sold a pizza but I finally found one

It looks very...flat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That looks like a frozen supermarket pizza

And not even a good one

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Captain DIEgiene posted:

It took quite a while and I was almost convinced that they had never actually sold a pizza but I finally found one

It looks very...flat

I know a guy that got his head bashed with a plastic pitcher like that. He deserved it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

I know a guy that got his head bashed with a plastic pitcher like that. He deserved it.

How the hell would that work? My mom had a pitcher like that when I was a kid, and we used to drop it and it'd bounce all the way across the kitchen. It's made a weird stretchy plastic that has a ton of give.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Special mention to the rarest naturally occuring form of french fried potato: the whirlygig.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How the hell would that work? My mom had a pitcher like that when I was a kid, and we used to drop it and it'd bounce all the way across the kitchen. It's made a weird stretchy plastic that has a ton of give.

Nah that's the same kind they used to have at pizza Hut and they're hard plastic

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The thing makes a "DONK DONK DONK" like hitting someone with a 5 gallon home depot bucket noise until you get to the fun part.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Everything in a Midwestern bar has been used to kill someone at some point.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Source4Leko posted:

Everything in a Midwestern bar has been used to kill someone at some point.

The Toledo Pickled Egg Murder Spree of 1974

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hello I am here for IMMEDIATE SEATING

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Living literally IN Green Bay, I have seen a LOT of Packer stuff.

This may be the BEST Packer shirt I've ever seen. This is incredible.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also, Aard, thanks for such a big write up.

I figured you'd find...quite a bit of material on that one. :)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cheese Wife

Cheese Life

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Requesting a tobacco county where I am sure I've eaten at dirtholes:

##Forsyth, NC

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I will go toe to toe with my love of cheese against any Wisconsinite :madmax:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Aardvark! posted:

Warning: Please do not ingest fountain water.

I always wondered where they got the special water for Porta Potties.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Captain DIEgiene posted:

I will go toe to toe with my love of cheese against any Wisconsinite :madmax:

My grandfather used specrtral analysis for local dairies.
I grew up on some of the largest dairy farms in the state of Wisconsin.
My wife is a dairy scientist who specializes in cheeses and yogurt (I can't say exactly WHAT she does, but if you've eaten mass produced cheese or had yogurt in the last 10 years or so? She did that. As in She's the D in R&D) and I still live there.

I DARE you.

I will find you.

I will out dairy you.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Genesplicer posted:

I always wondered where they got the special water for Porta Potties.

I once saw one commercial break on TV that had an ad for diapers (blue liquid), menstruation pads (blue liquid), and then NEW blue jello (identical color)

I did not purchase the new jello