Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

As long as AAA has Psycho Clown and his flamethrower to main event, the titles can go wherever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Are belts not prestigious/important in AAA?

It's seems like they're either not being defended or they're being used as story device and given to whoever.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Zombie Lemur posted:

It's seems like they're either not being defended or they're being used as story device and given to whoever.

Generally in Lucha Libre title fights aren't as big a deal as mask/hair matches or other "Lucha de Apuestas."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Zombie Lemur posted:

They can be but lucha in general places a much lower amount of importance on straps than American/Puro. Belts are only as important as whatever story they're currently involved in.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jesus loving christ

https://twitter.com/JSFH23/status/1449840891112398850?s=20

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Book it coward Vince. Make the reign of terror a death march.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If Reigns held the title until WM 40 (which is not next year, by the way, it's the 2023 one) he'd be brushing up on Pedro Morales' length of reign as WWE champion. Meaning there's 0 chance they'd take it off him and wouldn't just hold on until he's the 'greatest champ since Bruno'.

He's actually only a couple of weeks shy of topping Punk.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Maxwell Lord posted:

Generally in Lucha Libre title fights aren't as big a deal as mask/hair matches or other "Lucha de Apuestas."

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They can be but lucha in general places a much lower amount of importance on straps than American/Puro. Belts are only as important as whatever story they're currently involved in.

Thanks.

Generally when I've heard about Mexican stars it's been about their Lucha de Apuestas record and not "they've held x title for x amount of time".

It's kind of funny that WWE put themselves into a position where they're like "well I guess someone has to be champion" without a hair vs mask type thing to add importance to angles.

Zombie Lemur fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 17, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

One of my favorite thing about wrestling Twitter is when dudes start their tweets with stuff like “As I’ve spoken about before” like folks have been cataloging their previous grievances in case they need to refer back to them later.

This reminds me of a missing dog poster I kept seeing where I used to live that said "STILL MISSING", as if the whole neighborhood was following the gripping saga of their poodle that definitely got eaten by a coyote because they lived right next to a forested canyon full of them.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
its a good clarification over "Missing, again"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I really, really hope Roman holds the title until 2023

Hell, let him hold it longer lol

I'd like maximum rematch comedy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

I want an entire year of Roman retaining the belt because his opponents end up getting hurt in increasingly preposterous displays of clumsiness.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

edogawa rando posted:

I want an entire year of Roman retaining the belt because his opponents end up getting hurt in increasingly preposterous displays of clumsiness.

Rey Mysterio's giant son trips and crushes him on the way into the arena the night of the big match.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Orange Carlisle posted:

Once he beats Lesnar/Rock at mania or whatever the dumb plan is, they should just call the title The Roman. Roman never wrestles again, he just wanders around backstage cutting half hearted promos on how he’s beaten everyone and when there’s someone new he just says he’s beaten someone who’s beaten them so there’s never another challenger. He also occasionally yells at the Uso’s for being bad hired goons, buffoonery, and not being forever champs like him.

Then I’ll start watching again cause I like the 3 stooges and Roman would be a good Moe. One of the Uso’s would have to get fat and shave his head though.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

The only singles opponent I want to see either Uso going over is alcoholism.

(Help is available, you can do it, guys).

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_junkie/status/1449918567646912512?s=21

AEW is dying because a large chunk of their audience is young, sociable people that go out with friends on the weekends instead of watching the show that was forced to switch days

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Does anyone know what the last Saturday Dynamite's rating was?

*Edit Never mind the AEW thread has a comparison between the two.

*Edit Edit Thanks MRT!

Renaissance Spam fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 18, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Renaissance Spam posted:

Does anyone know what the last Saturday Dynamite's rating was?

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1449934228024659969?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Zombie Lemur posted:

It's not just a AAA thing, in CMLL currently multiple belts have over 1000 day reigns. I think the record is currently the CMLL womens title that was won five or six years ago.

Anyway just no

https://twitter.com/Marijuana_Rec/status/1449692504605986820

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/andrew08765/status/1449920178775633920

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I scared my cat laughing at that one

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah that’s a tweet you make while punching yourself in the head

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I really want to know the unique properties of Wednesday that illegitimately inflates Dynamite’s numbers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tony Khan, the coward, chose to make a wrestling show AFTER the advent of widespread mass communication technologies. If he'd produced a North American based wrestling television program in 1734 it wouldn't be pulling in anywhere near the ratings it is now, but he refuses to admit this :argh:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I really want to know the unique properties of Wednesday that illegitimately inflates Dynamite’s numbers.

That theory folks keep making that Raw has the numbers it does because folks fall asleep with it on? Well that's what's actually happening on Wednesdays. The Accountant been played so often that folks use it to fall asleep and Dynamite just happens to be on afterwards.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Breaking news: AEW fans are sociable and popular, could they be more owned?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

heel turn posted:

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_junkie/status/1449918567646912512?s=21

AEW is dying because a large chunk of their audience is young, sociable people that go out with friends on the weekends instead of watching the show that was forced to switch days

the incredible self-own of "im laughing that people were out doing things and going on dates" coming from a 40 yr old man who tweets nonstop and within seconds whenever AEW ratings are posted, amazing poo poo

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I thought he was 50

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I am blown away that someone seriously said this as if it's an insult

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
lmfao these idiots have social lives and they call themselves wrestling fans? Back when I was a kid we watched wrestling and we hated it! And that built character.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Every time the number is down I’m going to assume it’s because everyone was having tons and tons of sex

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

middle aged man saying "eat poo poo, sexhavers" is a good enough basis for a wrestle twitter gimmick i suppose

don't want to let this go without commenting:
what the gently caress :gonk:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yeah I dunno, no idea why someone would be more into Rusev than Miro the Godslayer.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

Yeah I dunno, no idea why someone would be more into Rusev than Miro the Godslayer.

I wonder if there's a guy who misses Miro the gamer gimmick, almost killed the guy forever for me.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

IGgy IGsen posted:

Maybe religious people but who knows

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I wonder if there's a guy who misses Miro the gamer gimmick, almost killed the guy forever for me.

I do, it was great but what he is doing now is better. So I can miss, and rejoice.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
miro as kip's friend that he knows from playing games together was an absolutely fine way to introduce him + let him be on camera as something other than what he'd been for his literal entire career as a wrestler. without that seed you also don't have that absolutely terrifying segment where miro destroys his best friend for losing and cradles him in his arms afterwards when he Forgave Him

it was storytelling, not a pivot, and it worked

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flatluigi posted:

miro as kip's friend that he knows from playing games together was an absolutely fine way to introduce him + let him be on camera as something other than what he'd been for his literal entire career as a wrestler. without that seed you also don't have that absolutely terrifying segment where miro destroys his best friend for losing and cradles him in his arms afterwards when he Forgave Him

it was storytelling, not a pivot, and it worked

That’s fine I just think gamers shouldn’t be allowed on TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I do, it was great but what he is doing now is better. So I can miss, and rejoice.