Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Willo567 posted:

Also, the datamine suggests that for GGG vs Betterman the brave robots will be substituted by the J-Decker characters, but GaoGaiGo, Katetsujin V2, Final GaoGaiGar and Betterman will be units

My guess is that since GGG vs Betterman isn't animated, it would be hard to animate the new brave robots since there's no animated material, and they didn't want to just bring the old GGG units and not have the new ones as well, so they decided to just substitute them with the J-Decker characters

Here's a link to the datamined VA and unit lists if anyone is interested

VA: https://pastebin.com/EHU4GcZA
Unit: https://pastebin.com/34GTUbzV

That can't be an exhaustive list, because Masaki, Kuro, and Shiro don't have VAs listed, and we know for a fact they're going to be in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

EclecticTastes posted:

That can't be an exhaustive list, because Masaki, Kuro, and Shiro don't have VAs listed, and we know for a fact they're going to be in the game.

It's a datamine of demo data, so there's going to be a lot of junk crap left in there that might not actually be in the game but is still in the engine files and also a lot of stuff will be missing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Willo567 posted:

Also, the datamine suggests that for GGG vs Betterman the brave robots will be substituted by the J-Decker characters, but GaoGaiGo, Katetsujin V2, Final GaoGaiGar and Betterman will be units

My guess is that since GGG vs Betterman isn't animated, it would be hard to animate the new brave robots since there's no animated material, and they didn't want to just bring the old GGG units and not have the new ones as well, so they decided to just substitute them with the J-Decker characters

I hope that last point isn't their logic, since really it would be a massive dick move to not give them to you when getting them back on the team is most of the plot of Hakai-Oh.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
There's a large number of "reserved spot" entries in the robot database, which leads me to think they were withholding any secret units where they didn't want to show their hand at this point - datamining of the game pre-street date ended up revealing the scads of secret units in alpha 3 before the game even officially came out, as I recall. Being able to just patch the game day zero means they can hide anything that they want as a pleasant surprise.

Edit: or they're just leftover spots in the dB, it could be that too.

chirico cuvie fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 16, 2021

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Kanos posted:

It's a datamine of demo data, so there's going to be a lot of junk crap left in there that might not actually be in the game but is still in the engine files and also a lot of stuff will be missing.

That was kind of my point, as some assumptions were being made about the final game when the datamined information is clearly incomplete, and I didn't want us to go writing off anyone just because they didn't show up in the datamined files.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Willo567 posted:

I... Don't see how you could do hakaioh's plot like that.

Like, at all.

The logics also kind of bizarre in the same game where they invented a newly completed version of lelouchs mech and infinity mazinkaizer

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Supremezero posted:

Like, at all.

The logics also kind of bizarre in the same game where they invented a newly completed version of lelouchs mech and infinity mazinkaizer

Also, how would the new dragons not be doable but GaoGaiGo, Katetsujin V2, Final GaoGaiGar and Betterman Cataphract are doable? Like, if it's cause those four have a basis (GaoGaiGar, Katetsujin, Genesic and Betterman), so do the new dragons (the old dragons). So I'm just...really confused why they wouldn't be involved.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

The whole thing might have to do with the fact that the main villain at the end of J-Decker takes control of all the super AI Robots (Decker’s protected for some reason I can’t remember)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Supremezero posted:

Like, at all.

I mean, Rayearth in T literally cut out two of the Cephiro factions, and also didn't have a lot of the characters from the New Story of Dunbine OVA in it

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Supremezero posted:

Like, at all.

If I were to guess I'd assume that the three "reserved player" units for GGG are probably some combination of the old and new GGG Brave Corps, and that the upgrades for GGG/GFG are possibly adding some of the ones without a logical partner as summon attacks, like Mike was for Star GGG in SRWT.

Again, assuming that anything in the datamine listed as (series name)・予備 is a unit intentionally omitted from the demo data, for whatever reason.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Just played the demo, I was a bit surprised how hard they went on it being a super/real divide, expected a couple of each type on each route but nope. I wasn't super impressed by any of the V Gundam units but Team Rabbits was amazing. J-decker owned bones but that goes without saying.

Also It's Kakuseijin V2 ,idk what a Katetsujin is.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
With the demo out, is this going to support custom music tracks? VXT (and pretty much all the generation before on console did) but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Levantine posted:

With the demo out, is this going to support custom music tracks? VXT (and pretty much all the generation before on console did) but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

yep. should work as it did in VXT on PS4 - create a folder named SRWMUSIC in the root directory of an external drive and hook it up to the PS4. There's a data limit of about 900MB.

For PC, you put the SRWMUSIC folder in the install directory of the game.

For Switch, you're outta luck, but the real music tracks are available as DLC this time around.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Willo567 posted:

Also worth noting that GGG vs Betterman’s final chapters seemed to have a lot of last minute expansions/changes (the release schedule was pushed back and I remember the translator for the novel complaining about it). I assume this won’t be the first time they take a crack at the story in srw regardless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Hopefully that datamine isn't entirely accurate, it'd be lame if Lelouch/Suzaku/Kallen were the only Geass units. It'd also be weird if the secondary Silver Phoenix Knigths from Knights and Magic weren't playable. At the very least, Edgar with the other two as call-ins. They have unique mechs and everything.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Endorph posted:

Hopefully that datamine isn't entirely accurate, it'd be lame if Lelouch/Suzaku/Kallen were the only Geass units. It'd also be weird if the secondary Silver Phoenix Knigths from Knights and Magic weren't playable. At the very least, Edgar with the other two as call-ins. They have unique mechs and everything.

It can't be all correct, as unless I'm wrong, it says Ikaruga in the unit datamine, which is the ship that Tamako and Ougi pilot. So they'd have to be pilots too.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 18, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kchama posted:

It can't be all correct, as unless I'm wrong, it says Ikaruga in the unit datamine, which is the ship that Tamako and Ougi pilot. So they'd have to be pilots too.

Ikaruga is also the name of the protag's upgraded mech in Knights & Magic.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Endorph posted:

Plot twist: we're getting the actual Ikaruga.

Hi-Nu Gundam vs Stone-Like, motherfuckers :black101:

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Endorph posted:

Well that's a shame then. I still want the ship back.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Plot twist: we're getting the actual Ikaruga.

Hi-Nu Gundam vs Stone-Like, motherfuckers :black101:

Amuro can see the invisible things. But that's traditionally more a Dai Gurren team kind of gig.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/juridget/status/1449800431366905859

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

So far, it looks like J-Decker and Mazinger are the series interacting with Gridman the most.
With that in mind, I would not be surprised to see, if not J-Decker arresting Akane, young Yuuta being assigned as Akane's guard in the ending sequence.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

MightyPretenders posted:

So far, it looks like J-Decker and Mazinger are the series interacting with Gridman the most.
With that in mind, I would not be surprised to see, if not J-Decker arresting Akane, young Yuuta being assigned as Akane's guard in the ending sequence.

What if Banpresto goes for the ultimate swerve and (Gridman spoilers) just makes this game Akane's dream after playing too much Super Robot Wars IRL?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Have that as an alternative ending like how earlier games handled Ideon or Baldios.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Have that as an alternative ending like how earlier games handled Ideon or Baldios.

It's probably a good thing that it's made pretty clear that the world inside Akane's mind keeps existing after she wakes up, or this could lead to some dark implications.

"Okay, so we need to save Akane, but we need to leave her just a little bit emotionally damaged, so she continues to hide away from her real life here with us, or we'll all cease to exist."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

It's probably a good thing that it's made pretty clear that the world inside Akane's mind keeps existing after she wakes up, or this could lead to some dark implications.

"Okay, so we need to save Akane, but we need to leave her just a little bit emotionally damaged, so she continues to hide away from her real life here with us, or we'll all cease to exist."

It's not purely in her mind anyway, since Gridman, Alexis, and 2 are all from outside. It's more implied to be a section of cyberspace she and Alexis took over than a purely mental world.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

It's not purely in her mind anyway, since Gridman, Alexis, and 2 are all from outside. It's more implied to be a section of cyberspace she and Alexis took over than a purely mental world.

I mean if we really want to get detailed, Gridman and Dynazenon are both absolutely more focused on the characters and their issues, with the greater overall setting being mostly designed to enable that, so to an extent, one shouldn't think too hard about how it all works.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/srw_game/status/1450363737509023744
30 PV3 confirmed for Monday Japan time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also this news is a few days old but I don't think it got posted in this thread, Daisei Fujii passed away. He was one of the main OG mech designers, most famously the Soulgain and Vaisaga.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

drat, talk about leaving it to the last minute. At least we're getting it, I guess.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EclecticTastes posted:

This is completely unrelated to the game or mecha at all, but anyone interested in seeing this concept played out to it's conclusion should check out weird British cartoon short Rarg. :v:

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Endorph posted:

Also this news is a few days old but I don't think it got posted in this thread, Daisei Fujii passed away. He was one of the main OG mech designers, most famously the Soulgain and Vaisaga.

rest in power, designer of excellent robots :'(

however as president of bandai namco i say we put both of those mecha in SRW30 to honor him

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh really, bandai namco? you think think you can just throw gunxsword/final/srx into anything and i'll just mindlessly shell out a hundred bucks for everything involved in it? you really think i'm that fuckin shallow?

*slams desk dramatically*

you're right

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Am I the only one shocked at how much Victory Gundam plot we're getting after getting loving nothing with Crossbone Gundam in VTX?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 20, 2021

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Victory's a TV show with 51 episodes' worth of plot, Crossbone's a manga that's going to be a smaller source of nostalgia even if it has been successful enough to keep getting sequels. Combine that with how much less crowded 30 is on the Gundam front than VXT were and it makes sense.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gridman is weird for me because I distinctly remember the Sabanified/Americanized live action version of the show as a kid and even had the combination toy for it by Bandai that forms up into whatever the final form of Gridman is. I think they called it Super Human Samurai Formo in English or something like that. I also remember Tim Curry as the voice of the villain Kilokhan well before being aware of all that is Tim Curry and still marvel at the fact that they managed to get him to do that show. I also remember the sniveling antagonist Malcolm guy that programmed the viruses and was the main source of conflict in the school and just kind of an all around rear end in a top hat that was apparently based on the Japanese antagonist guy though I've heard the latter has some more sympathetic points.

Then SSSS Gridman I mainly know for Japan apparently becoming absolutely enamored with the female protagonist and antagonist while it was airing and with the latter example turning the virus programmer from a misanthropic geeky looking guy into an edgy looking misanthropic busty high school girl with what appears to be foot fetish kink tropes thrown in that also seemed to draw the eyes of the waifu crowd. I don't know much more than that because I've never actually seen that version of the show in any form. From the sounds of things and how it looks in the SRW 30 trailers it seems alright and is now turning into a franchise of it's own from what I can tell. It's just funny how I barely see Gridman from it on the internet at all so much as the very obviously waifu characters Rikka and Akane (I think I have that right) from it who seem extremely popular.

Anyway my dream pick for possible DLC or just an eventual full inclusion in a proper SRW game remains Escaflowne. Still to this day sadly relegated to the Wonderswan Color game Super Robot Wars Compact 3 with terrible animation cuts and Yoko Kanno's BGM being completely destroyed by it's terrible sound chip.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Not really shocked, Victory Gundam has appeared in previous games with their whole plot. before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

Then SSSS Gridman I mainly know for Japan apparently becoming absolutely enamored with the female protagonist and antagonist while it was airing and with the latter example turning the virus programmer from a misanthropic geeky looking guy into an edgy looking misanthropic busty high school girl with what appears to be foot fetish kink tropes thrown in that also seemed to draw the eyes of the waifu crowd. I don't know much more than that because I've never actually seen that version of the show in any form. From the sounds of things and how it looks in the SRW 30 trailers it seems alright and is now turning into a franchise of it's own from what I can tell. It's just funny how I barely see Gridman from it on the internet at all so much as the very obviously waifu characters Rikka and Akane (I think I have that right) from it who seem extremely popular.
calling two actually fairly complex characters who drive most of the emotional stakes of the show and are very popular with women 'waifus' over and over because you've seen some horny fanart of them is really weird, dude.

like im not gonna deny the show has some fanservice shots of them or that there's a portion of the fanbase for them that's there because of that kind of stuff, but the reason you don't see gridman much but see them a lot is because the show puts most of the emotional weight on them, not because Very Obviously Waifu (read: women existing in a work of fiction) or whatever. you're being a creep.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 20, 2021

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah Akane and Rikka are the most popular characters in the show because the show hangs basically its entire plot on Akane, and Rikka is her best friend. There's absolutely horny fanart of them, but there's horny fanart of almost every major character to ever exist in a popular anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Rikka and Akane are fine and the show does well with explaining Akane's character and why she's an antagonist. Gridman is very very good.