Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aw man, the talisman doesn't heal off-field characters. There goes my Qiqi/XQ/Raiden plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gandlethorpe posted:

Hmm, maybe I won't regret leveling Qiqi to 70 while trying to make her a freeze support for Tarty

Can someone with a built Qiqi give a rough estimate on how much her Q heals per tick? Is reaching the 30k cap within 3 seconds feasible?

mine has 2100 atk, level 7 talents, 4pc maiden (heal/atk/atk):

her skill's AA part heals 850x4 per melee hit, her skill's healing to the active character is 5,600/tick, and her talismans from her passive and ult heal for 6,400/tick

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Aw man, the talisman doesn't heal off-field characters. There goes my Qiqi/XQ/Raiden plan.

The icd on the Q heal is 1 second so you can get 3 procs per bubble, with an e proc, that's very close to 30K. I think this has potential tbh.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been looking over these new teapot decoration sets and Kujou Srara can absolutely gently caress off into outer space. She wants a lavishly appointed estate and a fully equipped military outpost. They're made completely out of new pieces, they're the two most expensive sets ever, and she will not share them. She wants both of them all to herself.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The problem is the uptime. Kokomi will have an easier time maintaining the nearly maxed out bubbles since she has almost full uptime on her burst (accounting for the rest of your party's usage of their burst and elemental abilities)

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 18, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Run em both lol

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've been looking over these new teapot decoration sets and Kujou Srara can absolutely gently caress off into outer space. She wants a lavishly appointed estate and a fully equipped military outpost. They're made completely out of new pieces, they're the two most expensive sets ever, and she will not share them. She wants both of them all to herself.
Meanwhile Aloy shows up and just decides a couple of the sets I already have deployed are good enough for her to give me gifts. She's a keeper.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Garrand posted:

When I first got the companions in the teapot I spent a bunch of time decorating but as I'm cycling through characters for friendship I kinda stopped caring and removed a bunch of stuff for convenient load to place them. Not sure how much effort I'm going to expend fighting against the current limit

Oh yeah, I forgot about the load limit. Someone in here or the discord has a beautiful one with tons of those to the roof bookshelves everywhere. I wanna make stuff like that but my decorating skill is changing room themes in Saints Row. I can't do Sims level decorating in things, I already don't have anything I like enough to put on the walls of my actual room as it is.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
The pot slightly annoys me because it's there entirely for the pleasure of the player, yet I'm terrible at decorating and have zero ideas for it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

in celebration of childe banner I am using hu tao for the first time and i stole diluc's trashy lvl 20 artifacts and I am now running raiden/sara/hu tao/kokomi and overloadvape hu tao is utter perfection. i love charge attacking into mobs and having them explode like bowling pins.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Did I somehow lose my rhythm between the last musical event and this one or is this one considerably harder? Because I had no issue before but this time I’m struggling. Seems you need to be really precise, moreso than last time. Of course maybe my controls are also lagging for some reason.

Ok guess it was the first song cause the others weren’t an issue.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 18, 2021

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It is I the Yoimiya main:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is it worth it to level down WL for easier/quicker grinding purposes?

FTR I'm ADV 48/World 6 and while I don't -struggle- with any of the content, it's pretty challenging at level 80 average

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyoro posted:

Is it worth it to level down WL for easier/quicker grinding purposes?

FTR I'm ADV 48/World 6 and while I don't -struggle- with any of the content, it's pretty challenging at level 80 average
No, not at all. Enemies and such drop way better rewards at higher world level, that alone makes it worth it to stay. You'll catch up to the curve fairly quickly.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

do you have the bow tho

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

theblackw0lf posted:

Did I somehow lose my rhythm between the last musical event and this one or is this one considerably harder? Because I had no issue before but this time I’m struggling. Seems you need to be really precise, moreso than last time. Of course maybe my controls are also lagging for some reason.

Ok guess it was the first song cause the others weren’t an issue.

I think there's slightly less tolerance for hitting a note too late, and slightly more tolerance for hitting a note too soon.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't missed a skip cutscne prompt or anything right? Some of these inazuma cutscenes are brutal long despite nothing meaningful happening in them and i just want to explore more.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There is no skip cutscene button anywhere in the game, no.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I think there's slightly less tolerance for hitting a note too late, and slightly more tolerance for hitting a note too soon.

yes, just like the first time we had the event, the notes are weighted on the front of the beat, and have almost no tolerance for hitting just slightly after the beat. Just pre-empt the beats, and you'll do fine.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

do you have the bow tho

Unfortunately no this is just with Rust and no constellations.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Boat Stuck posted:

The pot slightly annoys me because it's there entirely for the pleasure of the player, yet I'm terrible at decorating and have zero ideas for it.

Check reddit for teapot posts and steal ideas

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ultima66 posted:

She's underrated and is probably my favorite character to use. It's fun being able to delete mobs without having to even move around, since her auto-aiming will just make her instantly pivot around. Her plus Raiden (or any other Electro presumably) makes for some fun explosion juggling, where sometimes guys will be pushed like 10-15 feet into the air by the explosions.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Boat Stuck posted:

I havent touched my teapot since maxing out the coin gain

Just dumped a bunch of random poo poo everywhere

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

same tbh, if they wanted me to decorate they'd let you keep max coin generation once you reach it no matter how many things are in your teapot

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

same tbh, if they wanted me to decorate they'd let you keep max coin generation once you reach it no matter how many things are in your teapot

You only need to get to max in one layout and you can decorate the others however you like.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Manatee Cannon posted:

You can put your adepticoin mining rigs in one of your non-selected layouts and you'll still get the max payout even if your currently active layout isn't stuffed enough. Pick the one that's your least favorite.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ultima66 posted:

My next plan after getting Kokomi to 8/8/8. I really enjoy playing Eula with either Keqing for bonus phys damage or with Yoimiya for switching melts, both have that nice fast attack combo combined with solid mobility.

Incoherence posted:

You can put your adepticoin mining rigs in one of your non-selected layouts and you'll still get the max payout even if your currently active layout isn't stuffed enough. Pick the one that's your least favorite.

Don't forget about the 20 primos achievement for 20k in 3 layouts, though.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yae with the big Mrs. Robinson energy in Act 3. Yeesh. Nothing official yet but looks like we are maybe getting more dog people in 2.3 as well and she continues the trend of Inazuma characters with eyeshadow. By my count so far its Raiden, Yoimiya, Yae, Itto, Gorou and now this Miss Hina. Its one of those recurring character design things I've definitely noticed like backless outfits and high heels except male characters have it to like Zhong Li, Itto and Xiao and Ningguang also has eyeshadow

Kale fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 18, 2021

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Eyeshadow......is good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

You only need to get to max in one layout and you can decorate the others however you like.

I swear I tried moving to another layout when I first did that and the coin generation was based on that specific layout's setup

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Hu Tao has the best chest opening voice line.

"What a cute treasure coffin!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The best is Venti's 'Praise Barbatos! ... wait.'

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The last fight in the questline was rough, drat. I went in there with my exploration team too and two anemos in that fight aren't great exactly. Doesn't help that the arena makes the fight a million times harder.

E: Also spent my 5 condensed farming Gold for XQ only to find it was Prosperity. :doh: Well, now I have enough when I need it I guess. Should really read the item names instead of looking at the tiny graphic.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 18, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maxed out Rosaria's friendship and now I'm using Keqing and wow she's pulling her weight way better. I'm seeing 2-4k damage on her normal attacks at lvl 6 normal talent. Having a bunch of decent to good gladiator artifacts is helping a lot though too but still.

Shame about the team being triple electro right now though. But now that I know that you get 80 friendship for doing domains co-op I'm gonna try and speed things along so I can roll things along faster and put someone good in my team like Ningguang, Fischl, or Eula.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 18, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

RareAcumen posted:

Maxed out Rosaria's friendship and now I'm using Keqing and wow she's pulling her weight way better. I'm seeing 2-4k damage on her normal attacks at lvl 6 normal talent. Having a bunch of decent to good gladiator artifacts is helping a lot though too but still.

Shame about the team being triple electro right now though. But now that I know that you get 80 friendship for doing domains I'm gonna try and speed things along so I can roll things along faster.

I did the same thing recently, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well she works on my Beidou friendship team. Getting a lot of crt dmg rolls on what looked like trash artifacts has helped a lot as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space Opera posted:

I did the same thing recently, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well she works on my Beidou friendship team. Getting a lot of crt dmg rolls on what looked like trash artifacts has helped a lot as well.

I see why that spreadsheet recommended the Black Sword for her, it's really helpful since no one on this team is a healer.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

But now that I know that you get 80 friendship for doing domains co-op ...

Wait what. Is that just for the active character or your whole squad?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
wait wait wait.. You can have multiple teapot layouts?! gently caress yes, now i can go all out on decorating them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pope Urbane II posted:

Wait what. Is that just for the active character or your whole squad?

I've just been doing match making so I end up in groups of 4 but I assume it'll be both characters if you invite just one person. Also it's 40 if you don't use condensed but I assume everyone's using it if they know about it existing.

x1o posted:

wait wait wait.. You can have multiple teapot layouts?! gently caress yes, now i can go all out on decorating them.

Yeah after some trust rank you unlock more layouts besides the one you pick at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

She's underrated and is probably my favorite character to use. It's fun being able to delete mobs without having to even move around, since her auto-aiming will just make her instantly pivot around. Her plus Raiden (or any other Electro presumably) makes for some fun explosion juggling, where sometimes guys will be pushed like 10-15 feet into the air by the explosions.

Aloy has given me newfound appreciation for pewpew bow attacks. I'll probably never want to play a team centered around it, but there is a certain appeal to machine gunning a single target. Luckily, Aloy is the perfect bow user for my sensibilities, as her infusion's more of a bonus mode to fill the space between bursts. She won't reach the big numbers that Yoimiya can, but I'll take fact that she fits in a freeze team and can leverage guaranteed crits as compensation.

Looking at the available bows, it's kind of a bummer how few options there are for generalists. All the 4*s seem to come with caveats that discourage using every part of the kit. If I didn't have Viridescent, I'd be pretty annoyed at the options. Skyward Harp makes me salivate, though. It'd be absolute perfect for my Aloy, to the point where the slightly lower C.Rate compared to VH is actually good. Maybe it'll convince me to finally pull on a weapon banner.