Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

where's my check, big oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Give me my loving money, Ford.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

make more than 10 lightings you dumb pieces of poo poo

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I'm still waiting on my checks from Soros. God knows when I'll get my Ford bux.

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!
Oh my god these people are just going harder into the "insane crusader" mindset. Get your Change.org petition to slow down the appointment.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-review-appointment-of-missy-cummings-to-nhtsa-for-conflict-of-interest-bias

The FAA public forum for Boco Chica was WILD, hopefully it gets up online at some point. A lot of fans joined in to talk about how hes changing the world and how dare the FAA not let him build a gas fracking plant under the original environmental plan (Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launches only). But it was one of those meetings where they're really only looking for criticism they can follow up on, whereas the fanbase seems to think it was a democracy thing where "more voices = better for Elon"

https://twitter.com/jeff_foust/status/1450245777889144832?t=AuUIF7oUbsaFbs1I3XFggg&s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

imagine buying a car associated with all of this... this

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
The bad lady is going to take our toys away, do something daddy Elon!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol I just googled "electric car" and every manufacturer has several at this point, even Fiat did an electric 500.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Waffle House posted:

lol I just googled "electric car" and every manufacturer has several at this point, even Fiat did an electric 500.

wow can't believe google search's anti tesla bias

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I really just wish these morons would just admit they're ok with people dying so long as they can keep their toy and feel like they're living in the fancy elysium future.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Also born rich with Apartheid money.

Tesla has this magical aura about it that makes people think it’s smart and if they like it people will think they’re smart. Kind of like the “I’m a Mac & I’m a PC” ads tricking people into thinking Apple was some progressive company despite Jobs giving pretty much nothing to charity at any point in his life.

There is an anecdote in a memoir that Job's daughter wrote where his daughter went on a trip with a charity in high school and Jobs confronted her afterwards and said something to the effect of "that poo poo doesn't mean anything, its pointless, the only thing that matters is what you do with your own hands". He not only gave almost none of his personal wealth to charity, he actively tried to teach his daughter not to as well.

edit: I remember reading an article about it that was basically a hagiography, saying some dumb poo poo like "he may have been a spend thrift, but he did have a charitable streak. He bought cars for his girlfriends and paid off his daughters student loans"

Pead has issued a correction as of 20:31 on Oct 20, 2021

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Good to know that I never have to buy a crowdfunding vehicle if I want a plug-in.

I hope an increased demand for electric vehicles also makes for an architectural standard of more 220v garage plugs; for metalworking projects I've wanted a TIG machine for soooooo long, and when I buy a house I imagine it'll be a little less expensive to have an electrician out for the install.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Minenfeld! posted:

I really just wish these morons would just admit they're ok with people dying so long as they can keep their toy and feel like they're living in the fancy elysium future.

Why would admit something that they don't think about though?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Minenfeld! posted:

People dying is explicitly required for the elysium future, poor wretches dying under your wheels is an important sign of your own power and importance.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

anyone who says bad things about tesla is being paid by big car or big oil

big coil :argh:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
If the NHTSA stops Tesla selling FSD then how will Tesla owners feel superior to other electric car drivers? It would be like they were just normal people with an overpriced car.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Well that took less than a day. Good work bazingas, you saved Tesla.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
sending death threats to people because elon musk, the wealthiest man on the planet, needs my help and protection

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Hillary 2024 posted:

If the NHTSA stops Tesla selling FSD then how will Tesla owners feel superior to other electric car drivers? It would be like they were just normal people with an overpriced car.

having access to fast chargers in most areas is a good reason, also performance. I don't think anyone with a Tesla honestly is loving the FSD experiment - basically grinding a safety score to get access to it making questionable turns at any time

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Foo Diddley posted:

sending death threats to people because elon musk, the wealthiest man on the planet, needs my help and protection

Bazingas basically making good on the fealty they all swore to Lord Elon. Ain't neo-feudalism great.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

:stare:
https://twitter.com/Mezentine/status/1450948224391462914

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

TheBuilder posted:

having access to fast chargers in most areas is a good reason, also performance. I don't think anyone with a Tesla honestly is loving the FSD experiment - basically grinding a safety score to get access to it making questionable turns at any time

Actually Tesla has lovely access to urban superchargers and Electrify America is incredibly well funded and building chargers literally as fast as they can.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
wait, grinding safety score? do you have to drive safely enough to unlock fsd? lmao if true

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I just got a notification that they're making more of those dumbass tunnels in Las Vegas for some reason

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

paperwind posted:

Bazingas basically making good on the fealty they all swore to Lord Elon. Ain't neo-feudalism great.

at least serfs got protection and poo poo from their lords. you have all these nerds pledging loyalty to mars baby and they don't even get a ride in a tesla

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/ClarkCountyNV/status/1450885566774476802?s=20

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

almost 1000 passengers per minute? lmfao

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can these tunnels be retrofitted into subway tunnels after Elon dies on the table during a dick enlarging surgery?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Can these tunnels be retrofitted into subway tunnels after Elon dies on the table during a dick enlarging surgery?

they’re way too small for anything else lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think part of donoteat’s lament is that these are worthless if boring folds because it can’t be easily reused for anything else because it’s sized for one automobile only

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Pyrus Malus posted:

wait, grinding safety score? do you have to drive safely enough to unlock fsd? lmao if true

the safety rating system also has no ability to discern context so if you need to hard accelerate to reach safe merging speed from an on-ramp it dings you

among other things

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Casimir Radon posted:

Nope. Their only use will be for urbex streamers.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle House posted:

Good to know that I never have to buy a crowdfunding vehicle if I want a plug-in.

I hope an increased demand for electric vehicles also makes for an architectural standard of more 220v garage plugs; for metalworking projects I've wanted a TIG machine for soooooo long, and when I buy a house I imagine it'll be a little less expensive to have an electrician out for the install.

240v

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
people drive around their neighborhood at night to bring up their averages. You can also hard reset the car when parking to prevent it from uploading data if you had a collision alert or braked too hard

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1450283411734765568

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Casimir Radon posted:

Could use some of these that would instantly be more efficient than the 4 passengers in the teslas, less dangerous, and have better exit ability in case of a breakdown, lol

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

SpaceGoku posted:

the safety rating system also has no ability to discern context so if you need to hard accelerate to reach safe merging speed from an on-ramp it dings you

among other things

Other things includes braking to avoid pedestrians and cyclists.

Daddy Elon lets us all join the beta.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

Could use some of these that would instantly be more efficient than the 4 passengers in the teslas, less dangerous, and have better exit ability in case of a breakdown, lol

just throw some uncoated sheet metal panels and, faster than you can say bazinga, you got a cybrtram

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's not just the size of the tunnel, there are no safety exits in case poo poo happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

WhyteRyce posted:

It's not just the size of the tunnel, there are no safety exits in case poo poo happens

the lv loop is already only one finicky tesla cell away from a human tragedy costing tens of lives.

i expect expanding it and the number of vehicles in the system will improve the odds