Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I found leaked footage of Tesla HQ's Driver AI basecode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ_EKHGgWJQ&t=34s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BS__Exposed/status/1449158254081290242

e: "One of the closest calls we've ever had" yea idk maybe stop playing with the murder suicide button

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Oct 17, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

e: "One of the closest calls we've ever had" yea idk maybe stop playing with the murder suicide button

lmfao. how's that image recognition system working out for ya?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol people pointing out how trying to stop the yoke from doing this would just brutalize your knuckles, I didn't think about that

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

When you're offroading you have to be careful with your thumbs because sometimes a front tire will slip off a rock and push the steering wheel around with a lot of speed. This will break your thumb if you have it planted inside the wheel like most people casually do.

If the autopilot can do something similar when people criticize elon that would be pretty awesome.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

steinrokkan posted:

The best part is that he wasn't even the original founder or anything, he was some rich weirdo who had just bought the Segway corporation couple of months before his death because he loved Segway so much and wanted to turn the company around.

He'd still be alive if he could turn Segway around

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

HootTheOwl posted:

:holymoley:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who did this to my av

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
E: Oops

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

lmao

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Really glad that pole isn’t at like a crosswalk where pedestrians would stand waiting for the walk light LOVE THE CAR

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

it safely was overridden into a bus only lane no biggie

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

WhyteRyce posted:

it safely was overridden into a bus only lane no biggie

It's ok, robotaxis are allowed in bus lanes

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:tesla:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tenderjerk posted:

surprised he didn't say cowboy bebop to round this list out

seriously

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1450212973314658305

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

What are the odds that is directed directly at Grimes? I'm guessing 100%.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

What are the odds that is directed directly at Grimes? I'm guessing 100%.

Aren't they still living together? lmao

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

They're both struggling through the break up.

(It's definitely about an argument that he had with Grimes. And after he lost an argument with an absolute idiot, he went on reddit to get a meme to post on his twitter so he could feel like he won.)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

And after he lost an argument with an absolute idiot, he went on reddit to get a meme to post on his twitter so he could feel like he won.

I ask for the fiftieth time, why is Musk worth so much more than me despite me doing everything he does twice as hard

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

He's an alpha, op

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Does that mean we're going to continue getting newer versions of Elon Musk until they work all the bugs out?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Not mad levels approaching design limits, Captain!

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

poisonpill posted:

I ask for the fiftieth time, why is Musk worth so much more than me despite me doing everything he does twice as hard

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/14/tesla-valuation-more-than-nine-largest-carmakers-combined-why.html

Musk stumbled on a magic money printing machine where idiots buy Tesla stock because other idiots buy it and it's driven the price way up.

See also: Cryptocurrency, Tulips.

Hillary 2024 has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Oct 19, 2021

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hillary 2024 posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/14/tesla-valuation-more-than-nine-largest-carmakers-combined-why.html

Musk stumbled on a magic money printing machine where idiots buy Tesla stock because other idiots buy it and it's driven the price way up.

Also born rich with Apartheid money.

Tesla has this magical aura about it that makes people think it’s smart and if they like it people will think they’re smart. Kind of like the “I’m a Mac & I’m a PC” ads tricking people into thinking Apple was some progressive company despite Jobs giving pretty much nothing to charity at any point in his life.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

When Musk is right, he's right I guess.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I was talking to my flatmate about how absurdly rich these pricks are (apparently multiple actually real people are richer than the gold-hoarding dragon Smaug depending on the price of gold? Not sure where this comes from but we live in hell, so I'd believe it) and he wondered if Bezos could make his own dragon-hoard literal mountain of gold by buying up as much gold as he could, or if doing that would be enough demand to seriously raise the price of gold.

Like I have no idea of the scale of that kind of thing, if someone decided to buy up all the lithium or aluminium or something that they could, would their efforts alone be enough to make the prices shift significantly? My guess was that not really, but, if you were a renowned tech dipshit you could buy up the supply of anything and, regardless of how useless it is, you would cause other people to panic and assume you're onto something. Suddenly your dumb expense is now indicative of an 'investment' because you're clearly a genius who knows more than everybody else.

My flatmate congratulated me on inventing the cryptocurrency.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Casimir Radon posted:

Tesla has this magical aura about it that makes people think it’s smart and if they like it people will think they’re smart. Kind of like the “I’m a Mac & I’m a PC” ads tricking people into thinking Apple was some progressive company despite Jobs giving pretty much nothing to charity at any point in his life.

Also the stock market has a fatal flaw built in where it assumes an influential number of investors are rational. It should be self-limiting where investors calculate risks and when a stock is priced too high people stop buying it and the price comes down again. Turns out you can game the system and if enough people decide that a stock can grow infinitely then it just will and becomes a magic money printing machine creating value out of nothingness. And the organizations that should be trying to rein this in have been captured by wealthy people who also want to get in on the money bonanza. So stonks go up Up UP while critics sit on the sidelines wondering just how long the bubble can go on for.

https://twitter.com/nbcsandiego/status/1450234259256532997?s=20

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TheDarkFlame posted:

I was talking to my flatmate about how absurdly rich these pricks are (apparently multiple actually real people are richer than the gold-hoarding dragon Smaug depending on the price of gold? Not sure where this comes from but we live in hell, so I'd believe it) and he wondered if Bezos could make his own dragon-hoard literal mountain of gold by buying up as much gold as he could, or if doing that would be enough demand to seriously raise the price of gold.

Like I have no idea of the scale of that kind of thing, if someone decided to buy up all the lithium or aluminium or something that they could, would their efforts alone be enough to make the prices shift significantly? My guess was that not really, but, if you were a renowned tech dipshit you could buy up the supply of anything and, regardless of how useless it is, you would cause other people to panic and assume you're onto something. Suddenly your dumb expense is now indicative of an 'investment' because you're clearly a genius who knows more than everybody else.

My flatmate congratulated me on inventing the cryptocurrency.

Hunt brothers did that with the silver market.

https://priceonomics.com/how-the-hunt-brothers-cornered-the-silver-market/

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

E;fb

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

TheDarkFlame posted:

Ignoring how it would effect the price, Musk or Bezos could buy approximately 2% of all the gold that exists on the planet. But also, all of the gold in the world would fit in a 20m cube.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

poisonpill posted:

Everything?

I’m not sure you want to go there, chief.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

??? The degenerate system of late capitalism rewards gently caress ups, and I doubt you're loving up even a tenth as hard as he does every day. I mean really have your decisions maimed even a single person?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Hillary 2024 posted:

Still somehow manages to make a car that sucks poo poo worse than a Toyota Yaris from 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ignoring how it would effect the price, Musk or Bezos could buy approximately 2% of all the gold that exists on the planet. But also, all of the gold in the world would fit in a 20m cube.

are you telling me that this 20m cube necklace I bought is only Gold-PLATED?!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

I won't be satisfied with the wealth of our robber barons until the richest of them can buy all the gold.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

I won't be satisfied with the wealth of our robber barons until the richest of them can buy all the gold.

I did the math last night, I believe around the top 100 to 150 richest could afford all the gold in the world if they pooled their money.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Elon Musk was a busy man, who rarely had time for social interaction.

As the head of several successful startups, which were all doing well, he had the freedom to choose his own path. He had never wanted to be a family man.

His nights were usually spent alone, feeling the cool, smooth plastic hand of his pleasure bot jerking his sizable endowment. Often, after one jerking, he would fall asleep, and have vivid dreams.

One year, he went to the Met Gala with singer Grimes. After the event, they went home and he showed her his modest living quarters. He decided to get some sleep, as he had a meeting the following morning as a member of the prestigious American Manufacturing Council.

When he fell asleep, Grimes began looking around his house. She had never seen such a house! Everything was fully automated, from the Roomba to the Keurig. She was beginning to see what technology could do for the average American.

Her curiosity led her to the basement, where she found Elon’s pleasure-bot. She was intrigued by the look of the hands - smooth plastic, and cool to the touch. She checked the features in the owner’s manual. Biometric feedback scanners, long-life lithium-ion batteries, the works. Elon spared no expense.

She knew that she could get the machine to rub her if she opened the console commands and tinkered around with its core code. Five minutes later, she had it set to go.

Looking at the hands, she noticed a liquid on the palms.

“Self-lubricating? Wow!” she said, unaware.

The machine brought her to several climaxes that night. Each time, she loved the cool feeling of the plastic hand as it rubbed the lips of her south-mouth.

The next morning, she called an Uber and went home. She didn’t think much about her torrid robot-affair, as she was far too busy in her life as a successful musician.

Several weeks later, she failed to menstruate. This struck her as odd, because she had never been intimate with a man. The thought of a man’s genitals was disgusting to her, and she had never even seen any in real life.

She took a pregnancy test, and it confirmed her fear - she was pregnant.

Grimes called Elon to ask his advice - he was a smart, successful businessman, surely he knew about the female anatomy. He told her that he had gone over the security footage and found video of her rubbing the machine against herself, and smearing his seed into her fertile valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...pJtCGgMRpTC-Ugg