Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Six articles for 150k are you loving serious lmao

Even if it was someone talented and not a dumb hack like TCW that'd be ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hot Karl Marx posted:

People aren't applying or staying at minimum wage jobs in Canada either and we haven't had nearly as many deaths and also have a $15/h minimum wage now (which frankly still isn't enough) so it isn't just a covid death problem. People are sick of being treated like poo poo to make barely enough money to survive

my favourite part of this has been all the articles getting shat out of the financial post about how this is because of CERB or other pandemic benefits, and then at the end of the article the issue the same correctio about how most of that stuff expired last year

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

remember when an NGO went to Haiti that ended up doing child trafficking and the Clintons sprung the ringleader out of jail and now she's in charge of the company that runs the Amber alert system

sir, please, this isn't the epstein thread my brain can't handle this poo poo

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

You ever notice how there is never an amber alert for rich people? It's always a 94 honda civic. What's up with that?

AMBER ALERT: Jenny, 9 years old, be on the lookout for a grey Gulfstream G500, tail number N47152 last seen heading towards Aspen

Pryor on Fire has issued a correction as of 14:56 on Oct 21, 2021

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

You ever notice how there is never an amber alert for rich people? It's always a 94 honda civic. What's up with that?

AMBER ALERT: Jenny, 9 years old, be on the lookout for a grey Gulfstream G500, tail number N47152 last seen heading towards Aspen

This is why we need to provide refundable tax credits to family law attorneys who will spend three years litigating custody disputes in historically underserved areas

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pryor on Fire posted:

Somewhere out there is a Honda dealer who's cornered the market on child kidnappers.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Dreylad posted:

sir, please, this isn't the epstein thread my brain can't handle this poo poo

the big korean garment company the clintons attracted to haiti is also infamous for human trafficking

oh and the clintons used the same lawyer in both cases

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Pryor on Fire posted:

if you own a gulfstream g500 you aren't abducting children you know - you're hanging out on an island with clinton foundation provided, untraceable children

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

doing dress phrenology to peer into the minds of senators

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1451258159402651672 lmfao

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/alohacatss/status/1450954523443269632

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This is also the guy who beat up his girlfriend and blamed it on "rap music".

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/asmith83/status/1450973627235586052

ah yes the founding fathers notorious for not using convoluted bullshit technicalities to prevent people from being able to vote for the things they want in a straightforward manner

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

drat the republicans for using a rule we created and could eliminate at any time whose sole purpose is to enshrine the power of a radicalized minority party

They're bad

Anyway vote blue we just need you to kick the football extra hard this time

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

The Oldest Man posted:

drat the republicans for using a rule we created and could eliminate at any time whose sole purpose is to enshrine the power of a radicalized minority party

They're bad

Anyway vote blue we just need you to kick the football extra hard this time

accelerationism is quickly becoming the only game in town

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

what's that "effect" again where you read an article and think "wow what a loving moron" and then turn the page and completely forget that journalists are idiots and have no clue what they're talking about?

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.

Vomik posted:

what's that "effect" again where you read an article and think "wow what a loving moron" and then turn the page and completely forget that journalists are idiots and have no clue what they're talking about?

Gell-Mann amnesia effect

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Tewdrig posted:

Gell-Mann amnesia effect

quote:

Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.

In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

This is doubly funny coming from Michael Chrichton

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Tewdrig posted:

Gell-Mann amnesia effect

:tipshat:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the leapfrog the right sentence left unhighlighted seems like the most important one there given that this is literally just the cambridge analytica strategy from 2016 that allegedly destroyed democracy despite the democrats being offered access to the exact same strategy and turning it down because mooks models said it was dumb

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/jayrosen_nyu/status/1451633201600946177

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1451890811411521541

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

lol, loving what

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lmao there's still a couple houses down the street from me that have "from the white house to the big house" yard signs

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

an intern made that sign

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I wonder if they spelled Fauci right but thought they did it wrong so then covered it with a misspelling.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I miss boomers using scare quotes as emphasis

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

FauXi is how they would misspell it if any of them were clever

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

have they tried voting harder

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lets go brandon

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1452263040217403398?s=21

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so she was mildly inconvenienced for going out of her way to be an rear end in a top hat to her peers and superiors while nothing happened to more diplomatic colleagues with spicier and more correct takes and became a martyr for people with no understanding of how the relevant professional workplace dynamic functioned? pretty apt comparison actually

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

:siren: DECORUM SHIELDS AT 30% AND FALLING :siren:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
gotta admit, veterans of the obama administration stating that no one has had it worse than biden is bold

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

so she was mildly inconvenienced for going out of her way to be an rear end in a top hat to her peers and superiors while nothing happened to more diplomatic colleagues with spicier and more correct takes and became a martyr for people with no understanding of how the relevant professional workplace dynamic functioned? pretty apt comparison actually
its the new york times, what makes you think her colleagues' takes were more correct or spicy

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dreylad posted:

gotta admit, veterans of the obama administration stating that no one has had it worse than biden is bold
sometimes I feel like the simulation is glitching out and we're getting news stories that would have run during Hillary's second term

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grey Fox posted:

sometimes I feel like the simulation is glitching out and we're getting news stories that would have run during Hillary's second term

I mean as far as liberals are concerned that's the reality they're desperately trying to manifest deep down

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

its the new york times, what makes you think her colleagues' takes were more correct or spicy

its bari weiss could there actually ever be anyone less correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
it "rules" that Bari Weiss' whole schtick about being "cancelled" is based on that fact that she had to martyr herself for it to start

there's an article in the new Yorker about masterclass that's focused around the CEO and they spend more time talking about how his grandparents were Holocaust victims than the $400,000 loan he got to start a business. my great grandparents died in concentration camps and i haven't founded squat, i feel like such an underachiever.