Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

pretty sure anarchists weren’t responsible for hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i disagree

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

hitler had more hussle than any hundred anarchists combined

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
give anarchists meth and I’m sure they’d get the wheels spinning too

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
When you consider French and German soldiers were starting to revolt in the trenches against the officers during WW1 the rise of a disgruntled WW1 vet makes a decent amount of sense.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wheeee posted:

pretty sure anarchists weren’t responsible for hitler

True, it was Social Democrats.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
anarchists are both powerless dweebs who can't accomplish anything and singlehandedly responsible for all the bad things that have ever happened

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

its important that the failure of communism was the fault of everybody except the communists

1/193

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

vyelkin posted:

anarchists are both powerless dweebs who can't accomplish anything and singlehandedly responsible for all the bad things that have ever happened

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wheeee posted:

hitler had more hussle than any hundred anarchists combined

in a way he was a 100 anarchists combined

vyelkin posted:

you don't need to purposely accomplish bad things for bad things to happen, you can simply need to screw up good things

and anarchists screw up good things very well

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
https://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-proactive-policing-crime-20170925-story.html

After a jury declined to indict the officers involved in the fatal chokehold of Eric Garner in Staten Island, the NYPD held a work “slowdown” for about seven weeks as political conflict between protesters, Mayor Bill de Blasio and the city’s police unions intensified.

Legally, police officers can’t strike. But they can “work-to-rule,” doing only the most necessary duties. They responded to calls only in pairs, left their squad cars only if they felt compelled, and did not perform certain proactive policing tactics, such as getting out of their vehicles to issue summonses or arrest people for petty crimes and misdemeanors..

The scientists found that civilian complaints of major crimes dropped by about 3% to 6% during the slowdown.
“The cessation of proactive policing corresponds roughly to the relative decline in crime that earlier research attributed to the effects of mass incarceration,”

inching towards the conclusion that busy-body cops ruining lives for petty crimes does not help society

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

anyone have a depaywalled link?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Does anyone know if any of the existing apps that are meant to be for recording police interactions any good? I don't have social media except for Twitter to follow a few people. Would it actually be a good idea to get a snapchat or something like that? One of them is really good for live streaming right?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
i don't really know much about the existing apps and who is behind their development. i'm looking at the existing apps now, just for functionality and ease of use. i already have youtube app on my phone. apparently you can't live stream unless you have at least 50 followers. you might also need to verify your account with a phone number, which could be a deal breaker for some. the mobile justice app from the aclu has mixed reviews. something about the video won't be reviewed without a corresponding incident report, and people having trouble connecting an incident report to their video.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

has a phone recording of police resulted in any consequences so far?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

mawarannahr posted:

well after a year breaking poo poo some guy got convicted, but thats it so far

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Judakel posted:

well after a year breaking poo poo some guy got convicted, but thats it so far

wasn’t that body cam and security camera footage?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

mawarannahr posted:

wasn’t that body cam and security camera footage?

nope

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

oh. thanks, I never watched it but didn’t need to watch it to believe it.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
If I'm murdered by police, it is irrelevant to me whether or not I get justice. Video evidence of the crime at last means there's more to go on than the cops word and his own mysteriously off or malfunctioning bodycam.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

mawarannahr posted:

that whole george floyd thing was pretty big and resulted in one cop being found at least temporarily guilty

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/queenozymandias/status/1451541629710577676

https://twitter.com/GrownRoom/status/1451175158673252358

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
wtf to both tweets

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kinda reminds me of one time a woman called emergency services here, freaked out because her violent, mentally ill ex-boyfriend against whom she had a restraining order was presently trying to break into her home with her in it. Said she was afraid he was going to kill her. Annoyed at her freaking out, the cop operator told her, "Yes yes, but then we'll send a hearse, right?".

I don't even think they were fired. Imagine that.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
i feel like there are more than a few audio recordings of 911 operators being absolutely loving ghoulish. every instance is awful enough on it's own to be a crack ping every time.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Brought to you by the country that, and I cannot stress this point enough: Directly inspired the Third Reich.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Minneapolis police officer charged in crash that killed Leneal Frazier
https://www.kare11.com/article/news...d7-2048d346ee79

But yeah they totally staged a high speed chase so a cop could slam himself into another vehicle at 78 mph then be charged with manslaughter to get revenge for his niece testifying against Derek Chauvin, who other officers including the chief of police testified against. Police retribution happens but if you believe that's what happened here you are crazy.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

until that charge results in a conviction it is completely reasonable to suspect police retaliation because it happens whenever possible. the competing theory, which is equally unflattering for america is that police vehicular homicides are just such a common occurrence that this had an unlikely but not ridiculously unlikely probability to happen

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

until that charge results in a conviction it is completely reasonable to suspect police retaliation because it happens whenever possible. the competing theory, which is equally unflattering for america is that police vehicular homicides are just such a common occurrence that this had an unlikely but not ridiculously unlikely probability to happen

yeah, could be the latter. this happened here months ago. a cop here also had their third dui.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 04:29 on Oct 23, 2021

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1449723112816267267

I want to believe

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/peoplesmedianyc/status/1452689808690659344?s=20

Part of an insane thread. gently caress 12

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Yo that whole thread is nonstop :shepface:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/StacyStClair/status/1453021080302592004?s=20

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r1f5jy4yOY1r0uzl6.mp4

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
the police worship in this country is depressing

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Someone should kill that kid and that judge

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
please edit that for your sake

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Radirot posted:

please edit that for your sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004