Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Next they'll want to be able to skin and mount the heads of players that they kill. Maybe drink their blood to gain their courage, their rich tasty courage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

twistedmentat posted:

Next they'll want to be able to skin and mount the heads of players that they kill. Maybe drink their blood to gain their courage, their rich tasty courage.

lets take a step back and make sure they actually come out with a game first before we come up things they should have made

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
did they even release the single player bit yet? The one with mark hammil?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

lets take a step back and make sure they actually come out with a game first before we come up things they should have made

Well, you see if they let us kill other players, then that means they have to be adding the abitity to flay, debone and mount whatever body parts we want around our ships. There's not logical reason they wouldn't do this.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

twistedmentat posted:

Well, you see if they let us kill other players, then that means they have to be adding the abitity to flay, debone and mount whatever body parts we want around our ships. There's not logical reason they wouldn't do this.

I would agree with you if you made a loving game you nerd

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Eau de MacGowan posted:

did they even release the single player bit yet? The one with mark hammil?

They did not, friend goon

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lmfao incredible

Just when I think they can't get any more batshit they go and top themselves

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Lmfao incredible

Just when I think they can't get any more batshit they go and top themselves

you quoted nothing there buddy

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you quoted nothing there buddy

Did you read the post he quoted from because that’s a click away

e: oh, you just started posting in this thread so i'll explain it as: that's normal when you quote-a-quoted post, it also prevents the same giant blob of text from showing up everytime one of us lmao at it, and all you gotta do is click the quoted poster's name to go to the blob of text

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 24, 2021

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Also it applies to literally everything citizens say anyway so that's handy.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

syntaxfunction posted:

Also it applies to literally everything citizens say anyway so that's handy.

poo poo now i feel owned because this is more accurate

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

onesixtwo posted:

Did you read the post he quoted from because that’s a click away

e: oh, you just started posting in this thread so i'll explain it as: that's normal when you quote-a-quoted post, it also prevents the same giant blob of text from showing up everytime one of us lmao at it, and all you gotta do is click the quoted poster's name to go to the blob of text

I understand how quotes work you stupid rear end in a top hat. I was trying to be coy.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I understand how quotes work you stupid rear end in a top hat. I was trying to be coy.

This is a very uncoy post

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

This is a very uncoy post

do you have any idea how hard it is to pretend to be stupid in 2021?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

do you have any idea how hard it is to pretend to be stupid in 2021?

I don't know. Is it hard? Is something wrong with 2021? Did something happen??

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Time_pants posted:

I don't know. Is it hard? Is something wrong with 2021? Did something happen??

no. everything is fine. just keep doing what your doing

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus posted:

What's your opinion on killing someone and using their dead body for storage purposes? posted:

We'll need somewhere to store all of our food, drinks, medicine, and ammunition etc.

Especially with how tedious it is to get boxes that are easily movable, what about using the dead bodies of people we kill which are easy to obtain? (at least in the short term! And long term?)

I don't think this is allowed yet unfortunately, but should it be?

What about using dead bodies like display mannequins that can show off your clothing that you want to sell?

quote:

I think that sounds pretty cool, Iv got something in mind I might use for a vid, but about using corpses, I think it would be cool to maybe rig up a corpse like a trap w/a bomb too. People like to loot, collect war trophies etc. If you rigged one up to blow, would make stuff a little more interesting.

You could even booby trap a simple rifle wired to a grenade under a nearby body.

quote:

I'm all for it. I'm a pirate. And would personally love to strap corpses to my ships, Firefly Reavers style.

quote:

Storage? Nah. I have better things I want to with their dead body.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

sebmojo posted:

They did not, friend goon

man say what you will about cyberpunk at least they got it out the door

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Using dead bodies as storage because the game's code treats them as movable containers as big as a player's inventory and it's hard to get more conventional movable containers for some reason: okay, I guess, sometimes you gotta use weird workarounds.

Asking to use dead bodies as storage because the game currently doesn't let you and you just really, really want to do things with corpses: uhhhhhhh???????????????

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If dead bodies work as storage containers, the bottoms of the elevators must serve as nigh infinite vaults

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Makes it all the more funny and obvious these people haven't played any games in 20 years or more because using dead body inventories for fun and profit has been standard in the 3D Fallouts and Elder Scrolls for years

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Makes it all the more funny and obvious these people haven't played any games in 20 years or more because using dead body inventories for fun and profit has been standard in the 3D Fallouts and Elder Scrolls for years

It seems like they are familiar with the idea. But it is currently not allowed, and they want this changed.

I would say that sounds like a step back for those who want an incredibly realistic space-life simulation experience. But it is definitely a step forward for those who want a spaceship full of corpses. People who want both, clearly, have to prioritize.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I clicked a link to this page from the funny forum quotes thread with no idea where I was and let me tell you hitting this post was a trip.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Splicer posted:

I clicked a link to this page from the funny forum quotes thread with no idea where I was and let me tell you hitting this post was a trip.

welcome to the cult

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

$400m

worth every penny

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

We need a NEW universe, we don't need to copy the old.

That is what it means to be a member of this community, it has always been about the big two-fingered 'gently caress you' to those who told us to conform.

Revel in your time to be here.

You were part of something so big, so grandiose and spectacular few people could even grasp it. Don't wish for the old... We break the universe to make the new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LnoH98gpMk

Here is a game developer LIVE being asked questions... talking to an ordinary member of the community who became a part of the project - the community IS the mouthpiece of the project!

Do you really need a better example of this community's power to make change?

Show me CDPR's version of a community member who became part of the team, show me Bethesda's version of a community member who became a part of the team.

SHOW ME HOW YOUR VOICE IS HEARD OUTSIDE OF THIS PROJECT in other game development worlds! I DARE YOU!

Show me your representation in EA, Bethesda, Frontier Developments, CDPR!

Show me ONE instance where 'you all' made a difference. Just one... and I will show you what it means to be a part of this community.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9bwpmq/star_citizen_ceo_chris_roberts_reverses/

quote:

Do you understand now why we had to go it alone? Why no-one else would commit to what we asked for?

It's not about the 'drive' to buy more, it's about the drive to do better.

Those that can - do. Those that want to control try to make you do.

Push the limits for those that you care about.. Gen12, Vulkan... it's ours for the taking. Because we can.
We can give it to those that come after.

Do better... We got this... this is what it means to be a part of something bigger.

This is how we started. We dared to defy those who said we couldn't do it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

insert the wulge letter 'we have already won'

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Blue On Blue posted:

insert the wulge letter 'we have already won'

The sex pests have definitely won. At least he didn’t want to defile corpses probably counts as a theoretical win I guess.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

There are several examples of community members being brought both as consultants and hired on as full-time employees in fighting games, with Combofiend and Woshige being hired on with Capcom within the past 5 years. Seth Killian was hired on at Capcom like 15 years ago.

edit: there are also tons of examples of community feedback driving changes to fighting games. Like... hundreds within the past decade.

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 24, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Booshit > STARCITIZEN: Storage? Nah. I have better things I want to with their dead body.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Booshit > STARCITIZEN: Storage? Nah. I have better things I want to with their dead body.

:discourse:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... attack ships clipping through the shoulders of x420xOri0n. I watched GPU artifacts glitter in the dark, because the game is forever in an alpha state. All those funds will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to buy.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

sigher posted:

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... attack ships clipping through the shoulders of x420xOri0n. I watched GPU artifacts glitter in the dark, because the game is forever in an alpha state. All those funds will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to buy.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Anyone else have their ship explode after many loose items are placed inside? posted:

I had my ship never explode this entire PTU.

Except for 2 situations:
  • First one was when I was having my hammerhead flying on autopilot in space, I had various boxes on the ship and placed some small items on a table. At first I thought it was caused becaue the ship hit an asteroid. Because I was flying away from a refinery station which had asteroids in proximity.
  • However yesterday I had an avenger filled with random items. It exploded flying through space. There were no asteroids. I have also noticed that the Avenger had some tail damage, however it was not doing hard landings and was not in combat.
I suspect that loose items cause some collision issues. And/or repeatedly logging in out of bed with items on the ship causing it.

quote:

they explained this in SCL.

unsecured items (and not only) cause multiple damages to ships and characters.

It's a bug for now.

quote:

Yep it's a consequence of the current damage model, anything rattling around inside the ship is leeching HP away from it until

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Sabotage enemy ships by putting pogs in their storage bay so they wear down the ship’s hit points until it explodes?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Lmao the shoebox in my cabin made the space ship explode

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

My first murder of kidnapped npcs posted:

Snatch a few npcs in microtech
I left the area
Some fell from on high
I landed the ship and some ran away no not die of cold
They cannot be cured
When storing the ship do not persist
But the execution animations are great
Hopefully he can kidnap and steal mobiglas and enslave

I sell cheap npcs. they work a lot hehe :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mJQnFWpcQ

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Completely normal playerbase.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
fidelity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
they cant even ban them because this is now the pet project of a bunch of bitcoin sociopaths who want to create their own cyberpunk dystopia. i mean, it always was