Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Yeah, there's something to be said about the added difficulty of having to do two main objectives at the same time. It doesn't always make a difference, but when it wants to it can make a real big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Fighting a Hive Guard on a Point Extraction mission; why yes I love getting huge waves in the middle of dreadnaught fights, how did you know?!

edit: actually, it was the twins, and with Shield Disruption. Since the twins are very good at chipping you, it took like 4 runs to finish that level.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 21, 2021

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah that's for sure what makes EDDs hard is the objectives and modifiers, not the hazard level. I can do haz5 fairly regularly and feel fine, but liquid morkite in the fungus bogs with low o2 on haz5 is a pain.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
More weird stuff for next update

https://old.reddit.com/r/DeepRockGalactic/comments/qcreyl/almost_there_todays_update_35_leak/

Setting up wifi repeaters for Mission Control?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's funny how everyone just absorbs the common goofy stuff players do by osmosis.

Every pubby group I'm in always stops dead to spam click on compressed gold every time one is found. Even obviously new players.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
It's a goo sack...

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
:hmmyes: there's goo in the sack

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Fabricated posted:

It's funny how everyone just absorbs the common goofy stuff players do by osmosis.

Every pubby group I'm in always stops dead to spam click on compressed gold every time one is found. Even obviously new players.

We’re rich!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
There’s a void in this basket.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

MUSHRUM

I refer to this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQn-kB465_U

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

This is required training material for all new green-beards. Please review and report competition to DRG HR.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Haven't played DRG for months, so I'm doing the Halloween event and yet of course without fail playing with pubbies of all levels everyone spams We're Rich on the nugget. Love this game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So I usually just click on the first available lobby haz 3, 4 , 5. Mods? Join whatever i dont have time to read all that.

Some of these mod lobbies are sick as hell. Might actually look for Star Ship Troopers in the details.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

We’re rich!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

BeAuMaN posted:

Haven't played DRG for months, so I'm doing the Halloween event and yet of course without fail playing with pubbies of all levels everyone spams We're Rich on the nugget. Love this game.

it's important to know that We're Rich

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rich Atmosphere: We're rich!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Some of these mod lobbies are sick as hell. Might actually look for Star Ship Troopers in the details.

I love the mods that are just like "MORE BUGS"

I don't want the bugs to be tougher or do more damage. I want there to be too many of them. Just way too many of them. Just an endless amount of bugs. It's a dang blast

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Spent like an hour mining a crassus yesterday and then the game crashed as we finished.

We're... not rich! :cry:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

yergacheffe posted:

Spent like an hour mining a crassus yesterday and then the game crashed as we finished.

We're... not rich! :cry:

There was a mission yesterday that had the Gold Rush modifier and Pots O' Gold as the beer in the canteen. Waited about 30 minutes for a team of four and went into it at Haz 4. First big room had like 3 spitball infectors, a naedocyte breeder somewhere we couldn't see, glyphid menaces, and a glyphid brood nexus behind all the spitball infectors where we couldn't get to it in addition to the steady stream of normal glyphids. Teammates all went down pretty quick to the spitballers since they though it was just one or two and then got downed by the second or third while trying to revive. Managed to hold off the swarm as the last person alive long enough to get everyone revived but the naedocytes and glyphid brood brought me down to 0 ammo and we never mined enough nitra to call a resupply. Rest of the team wiped again and I had nothing but my pickaxe left so I went down right after.

Failed the mission and got exactly 69 gold.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Grondoth posted:

I love the mods that are just like "MORE BUGS"

I don't want the bugs to be tougher or do more damage. I want there to be too many of them. Just way too many of them. Just an endless amount of bugs. It's a dang blast

8 Incendiary grenades with what felt like a bigger AOE on my gunner and it is so satisfying having a horde of bugs get cremated walking through the fire wall as I hit em with the fiery bullets minigun.

Need to get in on that kind of game again with my driller with the max duration sticky flames and explosive reload Subata.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 22, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Failed the mission and got exactly 69 gold.

at least one part of this story was nice

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Trailer coming Tuesday, but they gave us some teases.
Now, where do place this?
Friend or Enemy
Oh, that does not belong here!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Narrated trailer available in 3 hours from posting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k-gHHbTPdM

Experimental later this week!

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Looks like people were right about the rival corp ..not elves though!

New enemy types are always welcome and looks like heaps of new cosmetics. Bring it on!

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

So Season Passes (which will be free earn-your-way-through things)... eh... mixed feelings but if they're trying to throw in a new content wheel that makes sense.

I have a feeling that we won't see fleshy humanoid enemies. Maybe it's a ESRB/PEGI rating thing, or maybe they just want to be able to say that you don't shoot fleshy humans and therefore it's kid friendly. New enemy looks cool.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

My understanding is that the BPass is free, which I'm fine with; this and the cosmetic tree are essentially spins on what DRG has done so far: complete RNG drops. The new systems let people either target stuff they want (the tree) or have a solid idea of when and how much effort it takes to get a given item (the pass). Plus, even the annoying thing that BPasses do where they expire seems to be something they've factored in; when it expires / they launch the next one all remaining items you haven't gotten move to an alternative unlock system? My guess is that they'll be dropped into the blank core pool or something similar.

I'm hyped, my heart sank for a second when they said "Battle Pass" but if they're keeping these free and just continue to fund themselves with a-la-carte DLCs instead I think it's all good. I like having things to unlock and work towards, my playtime took a dive when I finished unlocking overclocks and most of the dwarves had outfits I was happy with. Game is still fun as gently caress but it doesn't hurt to have that lizard part of the brain look for shinies, yeah?

New mission looks sick too!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

All I want is a VR mode for this game more than anything else in life! :argh:

Seriously, though, all that looks like just what I need to get back to playing this game regularly even sans a VR mode.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Just got asked/confirmed on the preview stream: All future Passes will be likewise free, they will never do the standard paid BPass system.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
ngl was pretty worried when I saw the season pass but happy that it's free. New cosmetic DLC looks pretty badass.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And content always available? Beautiful.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

MariusLecter posted:

And content always available? Beautiful.

Looks like once the season is over everything you missed out on will filter into lost crates, matrix cores and "something new we have yet to implement".

https://www.deeprockgalactic.com/season01-faq

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Bloody robuts. Even when we thought it was the leaf lovers I knew it were them.

I wonder why they have data vaults…

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
FOR KARL!

Good god Ghost Ship keeps being great.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm glad it's evil robits cause if they were eco-terrorists I was gonna change sides

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how do we know the machines aren't sent by the leaf lovers because they refuse to do the digging themselves

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

how do we know the machines aren't sent by the leaf lovers because they refuse to do the digging themselves

they were cagey on the livestream about the origin of the machines so this is a good possibility

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Necrontyr.

I mean legally distinct NOT-Necrons.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fishstick posted:

Narrated trailer available in 3 hours from posting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k-gHHbTPdM

Experimental later this week!

i got out of this game but they keep dragging me back in :argh:

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
All round, it sounds like a really great update. I don't mind Battle Passes so much and would pay for a DRG one, but "seasonal" content is what irks me. I've usually been quite disappointed when content updates are in that cycle as you end up waiting months for what could be a lackluster update. Looking at you, Sea of Thieves. However... DRG has been so consistent with their content and has such a great gameplay loop that I doubt I'll end up disappointed.