Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If you're already considering buying the physical game via playasia you could just buy a singapore psn card from there instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kale posted:

The way I understand it you kind of need a Malay or possibly Singapore credit card or PSN cards to pay for it. I did the whole thing of setting up a PSN account for Asia region stuff ages ago but then ran into that issue trying to pay for it and just ended up importing it from Playasia. At least V got here in like 3 weeks, while SRWX took literally over 3 months to arrive to the point where I thought it had gotten lost and was trying to contact them about possible compensation and then one day it just showed up out of the blue.

I mean, you can buy singapore PSN cards online. Unless that has ceased to be a thing since the last time I did so.

Kale
May 14, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If you're already considering buying the physical game via playasia you could just buy a singapore psn card from there instead.

I forgot that was an option actually. You just buy it and it emails the code to redeem the currency on PSN right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

yeah

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

Gridman's really good, and tbh the spoilers don't really matter. A lot of the appeal is just the natural dialogue between characters and the sincerity of its 'mechs solve teenagers emotional problems' stuff. Dynazenon's really good, too, excited for that to get in.

I mean, the perfect pacing on reveals where you suspect something the episode before it's confirmed is part of the fun too. It's still a great show when you know everything, but the twists were part of the fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

have you checked ebay wrt the physical copy of srwt?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I honestly just buy every English language SRW like a year after it comes out, on eBay, for less than what it costs to buy a game new here in my country of Canada. 30 is the only time I made an exception, and it's still cheaper after shipping than buying a new PS5 game at retail, but I'm not gonna even play it until December because I want all the DLC.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SpaceDrake posted:

You have no idea how difficult it has been to resist the urge to :justpost: about this for, like

the past two god drat years

fake-real-edit: anyway I am going to go slam back delicious kara-age with caphi and robin like a boss

we'll :justpost: when I return

Caphi posted:

What a goddamn :mood:.

Seeing the reactions has been an experience on its own, and I think there were a couple things that took even us by surprise. (Hell, I still can't believe it's global now.)

And the fun thing about working on SRW as a team is that there's a lot of game for each of us to discover - even moreso with 30's branching system since we sort of know the permutations but not necessarily how they fit together in practice.

Thank you to the both of you and everyone else that worked on the translation and localization. I really enjoyed the dialogue and banter in T and can't wait to see how they'll be in English in 30.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah, huge thanks and congrats to the entire team!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I honestly just buy every English language SRW like a year after it comes out, on eBay, for less than what it costs to buy a game new here in my country of Canada. 30 is the only time I made an exception, and it's still cheaper after shipping than buying a new PS5 game at retail, but I'm not gonna even play it until December because I want all the DLC.

I mean we're not Japan but I still don't think Americans entirely realize how much we pay out the rear end for video games in comparison. It's still more about 5 bucks more expensive even with the exchange rate for new titles. We also get fleeced on microtransaction type stuff compared to some other regions. Sometimes the value return is way out of wack for in game currency stuff compared to other regions like say for Genshin Impact which I've played a fair bit of this year. Like literally with the packages we pay more per whatever the gently caress banana money most of the time compared to the United States.

Anyway I'm having a bit of a moment again remembering that at long long last I finally get to see the sequel story to Gaogaigar Final. We're talking one of the top 5 most formative shows I've ever watched in my life for developing my taste in anime stuff and I'm like 15+ years removed from seeing the end to Final for the first time where The heroes all get trapped in sub space coming back from the final battle except for Mamoru and Kaidou and narrator does this epic drop about the promise to return through the earth sworn through courage when it's finally time and then there was a teaser on the last volume of Grand Glorious Gatherings DVD release in Japan that had something called Project Z and nothing came of it for years and then it got turned into a Japan only novel apparently only available via Sunrise's web portal. Now it's hear though, like I never thought I'd see the day and almost don't know how to feel. This was the show that got me into all the hot-blooded "gar" stuff basically.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Policenaut posted:

God bless you translators. It's good to know this franchise is in good hands.

Revolver Bunker posted:

Thank you to the both of you and everyone else that worked on the translation and localization. I really enjoyed the dialogue and banter in T and can't wait to see how they'll be in English in 30.

I'm sure there's many others in the thread that I missed, but—I love all of you guys, and I'm really happy things have shaped up the way they have.

I'm flattered that BNE trusted my team with their SRW titles not once, but three times.

Also I suggest going Cheyenne before Augusta.

Enjoy the game, guys! I'll be playing it right along with the rest of you.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well someone is excited for knights and magic

https://twitter.com/isiyumi/status/1453375941883961346

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That's the artist for the manga adaptation of Knights and Magic, I'm pretty sure. Always cool when people officially involved with the original acknowledge SRW.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't blame them. If I saw something I personally worked on get into something as big as SRW, I'd be incredibly happy too.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, he's drawn art of every single protagonist mecha in SRW30, too. He is very excited.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Game's out on steam

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
The time has come

... to start downloading because why wasn't there a preload?

KoB
May 1, 2009
lets loving gooooooooooooooooooooo

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:flashfap:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is time. Goodbye friends I will see you again probably in a couple of hours for dinner but after that I will be gone for days.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Normally I would be napping now but... :f5:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I am gonna make robit fight other robit in this, Super Robot Wars

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Now to download and...not play for 2 hours because I am officially on the clock :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Psycho Landlord posted:

I am gonna make robit fight other robit in this, Super Robot Wars

I am going to make an ultraman fight a giant monster

In this, Super Robot Wars

Because gently caress the rules we have Gridman now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Supremezero posted:

The time has come

... to start downloading because why wasn't there a preload?

I feel the same. With the time it'll take to download I'm not sure if I'll be able to play today since I have class in a bit, gently caress. Hopefully I can get at least a stage in today.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
loving lol at the steam page pics for the bonus missions dlc

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Holy poo poo, the PC version actually has mouse controls.

e: Default protagonist birthday is 4/20 :snoop:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 27, 2021

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I bought the game on the HK PSN on my PS4, even buying a gift card to pay for it, but I think I bought the wrong language version.

Have I just wasted a ton of money?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wokow6 posted:

I bought the game on the HK PSN on my PS4, even buying a gift card to pay for it, but I think I bought the wrong language version.

Have I just wasted a ton of money?

Check the options to be sure? The demo had a toggle.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I eagerly await him fanboying over every new mech that joins the team. Can he out do Ryusei in his love of mecha?

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I clicked language, but neither of the options it presented to me changed anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wokow6 posted:

I clicked language, but neither of the options it presented to me changed anything.
Did you try switching, saving the options, closing the game, then reopening it?

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Yeah, I think I just bought the Chinese version.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Waking up to a Super Robot Wars release. Life is good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wokow6 posted:

Yeah, I think I just bought the Chinese version.

f

try emailing psn customer support i guess, i doubt they can do anything but no harm in it

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Revolver Bunker posted:

I eagerly await him fanboying over every new mech that joins the team. Can he out do Ryusei in his love of mecha?
Ernie vs. Ryusei for who can be the biggest giant robot nerd. Bring it on.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You might be lucky, sometimes PSN support is good about international stuff. A long time ago I forgot the password to my Japanese PSN account, I still called Sony Canada about it and upon realizing that I was talking about a Japanese account they referred me to some weird form website that I've never seen/heard of since to contact PSN Japan in English about it, and I did manage to get that account back. It couldn't hurt to ask for a refund and try again, like I've read a lot about Sony doing "one time only ever on your account" refunds.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Mission one spoilers "They jumped into a military machine without authorization to save our asses!" "This happens all the time, carry on."

:allears:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

There's a huge border ad for SRW 30 when you open up Steam. This poo poo feels unreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also I don't know if I should pick Edge or Az. Please help me decide