Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Not interested in Itto. Either I start rolling on random weapon banners, or try to save up 70k primos for ayaka C4.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

Not interested in Itto. Either I start rolling on random weapon banners, or try to save up 70k primos for ayaka C4.

Hoarding is always a good option

at 50k soon

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>

dogsicle posted:

Sucrose is notably going to struggle to VV shred pyro in that team because it's an issue inherent to Hu Tao.

why is that? does hu tao not set things on fire enough for consistent swirls?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Elegy to me is like, interesting concept that doesn't seem to have done much. Venti got a great free option in the same patch and is mostly not used in reaction teams where EM would matter, same goes for the electro supports because they don't really focus on EM for their piddly reactions. i suppose when your other support options are only battery-related, some offensive bonus is a nice alternative.

i'm tempted by Mouun's bow and Thoma equally, but with nobody asking for the bow i just have to decide whether getting Thoma as Hu Tao upgrade is better now with Itto/Gorou savings, or waiting for 2.4 and praying he reruns with Yunjin and/or not on a possible Shenhe banner.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Twisc posted:

why is that? does hu tao not set things on fire enough for consistent swirls?

you want to apply pyro and get the VV shred first, or at least before messing too much with XQ. she can only apply pyro via burst or after entering her stance, ofc you wouldn't waste her burst for that and using her skill then swapping to VV just wastes her stance and the VV shred time. she has the blood blossoms, but my assumption here is they are usually going to react with any remaining hydro on the enemy and not create a pyro aura that Sucrose can VV. other reaction pieces in the team will make this more complicated and it would still result in doing a first skill rotation where she doesn't have VV, compared to teams that bring a second pyro or running Zhongli for shred.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/pun_rii/status/1453519164157554688

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Another way of visualizing the rolls required if your luck is bad on the weapon banner: $400 - $500 worth of primos ($100 gets you almost exactly 50 rolls)

So yeah, be ready to dump a lot of gems if you really want a weapon lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

Hoarding is always a good option

at 50k soon

Is that from the monthly passes or have you bought primo packs?

Just wondering what kind of total I should expect when I clear everything out since if Ayaka's brother exists and is a Dante homage I will lose my poo poo.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Why is Diona considered really good? She seems extremely anemic and, other than the move speed, I don’t know why I’d use her instead of, like, Rozaria

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

heal/shield cryo unit, the only competition she has is qiqi that can't generate energy without constellations.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Was hoping it would be Noelle, but I don’t have Sayu so that’s neat.

I’m saving for Yae or an Ayaka rerun. Whichever comes first

At this point, I think we can assume Noelle will be on Albedo's banner

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jokes posted:

Why is Diona considered really good? She seems extremely anemic and, other than the move speed, I don’t know why I’d use her instead of, like, Rozaria
Why are you comparing Rosaria and Diona? They're completely different characters. Rosaria's role is damage, Diona's role is shields/heals, energy generation, and cryo application.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Because Rosaria fuckin rules

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incidentally rosaria/diona/sucrose/xingqui is a good team if you want rosaria to be a main dps

you can also run rosaria/diona/fischl/flex for a phys dps rosaria

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Oh dang I might check that out.

I was considering do some poo poo with her because Rosaria’s physical dps combo looks and feels very very cool and I already have a fischl C5 (I have never spent money on this game) so I mostly build poo poo around her anyways.

It seems more appropriate to refer to Fischl as the Oz bearer, or the Ozborn. I can’t remember the last time I made her shoot an arrow at an enemy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rosaria is actually one of the best batteries in terms of particle per skill, Diona just ends up standing out in that regard because she has access to a Sac weapon. the characters she is used to battery also have long-rear end burst CDs that combine well with having some refines on it but not needing the full 5.

but yeah, the shielding and healing compensate and make Diona appealing through versatility.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Dionas hokd skill hits multiple times so its really good at proccing the sac bow effect, even with no refines. Great for generating energy. Double cryo resonance is really good too. Pretty much 15 free crit rate. Plus shield and heals.

Rosaria is great on burst teams. Plus her passive gives up to 15% crit to teammates. So she's pretty great as well yeah. But I'd rather go with Diona to support dps units like Ganyu or Ayaka.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ew, Cryo characters with DoT bursts?

Anyway, I've mastered the art of shattering Mirror Maidens

https://i.imgur.com/RW1yE1F.mp4

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm working on Diona and she isn't close to fully geared but I've been throwing her in some L90 talent domains for companion xp and she is legit even with level 0 artifacts. She is a great battery with the favonius bow, the range on her skill/attack makes feeding those particles extra easy. I'm not 100% sure but seems like the favonius bow triggers particles even if just the elemental skill hits (don't need to attack with the weapon at all.)

Looking forward to all the team comps Diona will open up. I'm hoping I can phase out Raiden and try some teams that don't have electro making GBS threads up the reactions. Ayaka / Xiangling / Xingqiu / Diona maybe, could also swap one support for Kazuha if energy is a problem.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You're correct. You can sometimes swap out too fast for the favonious effect to proc so make sure she's on field when her squares actually hit.

I think playing Diona with Ayaka feels really bad though, just don't like how the cooldowns work out. I use Rosaria instead with Xingqiu or Mona for mini healer.

Kale
May 14, 2010

At last the coveted C6 Ninguang tonight :dance:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Kale posted:

At last the coveted C6 Ninguang tonight :dance:

:hf: I got that this banner too!

As a FTP player (besides the last two BP) I really like running NG as my main dps

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

So my second team is about to hit 10 friendship across the board, and I'm going to make a new team to replace team. Characters I haven't seriously used yet include:
Pyro: Diluc, Klee, Yanfei, Amber, Xinyan
Electro: Sara, Razor, Lisa, Beidou
Anemo: Jean, Sucrose, Sayu
Geo: Noelle, Ningguang
Cryo: Kaeya, Rosaria, Aloy, Qiqi, Chongyun
Hydro: Mona, Barbara

I'm thinking something like Klee, Mona, Jean or Sucrose... and who for the fourth? Taking suggestions for that or for a full team comp that would be fun.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

N3C and occasional jump cancelling will also make you never worry about stamina.

Whaling for C1 hu tao is basically spending money/primos to play the game less. Tapping space bar every other charge attack isnt exactly a sisyphean task.

oh it's definitely not worth whaling for. i get a ton of mileage out of c0 hu tao. i'm still saving primos for c1 though because it gets annoying running domains that gently caress with stamina when you're running hu tao.

and maybe it's different on pc but jump cancelling on the ps4 feels really finicky and unfun

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

xedo posted:

So my second team is about to hit 10 friendship across the board, and I'm going to make a new team to replace team. Characters I haven't seriously used yet include:

I'm thinking something like Klee, Mona, Jean or Sucrose... and who for the fourth? Taking suggestions for that or for a full team comp that would be fun.

Noelle/Ning/Klee/Jean sounds like it would be fun. I’m running Noelle/Ning/Benny/Anemo Trav rn and having a blast

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could do klee/mona/sucrose/qiqi for freeze/melt stuff and to have a healer

incidentally since you have razor and a bunch of cryo characters free a superconduct team like razor/kaeya/barbara/flex is a good idea at some point

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Endorph posted:

you could do klee/mona/sucrose/qiqi for freeze/melt stuff and to have a healer

incidentally since you have razor and a bunch of cryo characters free a superconduct team like razor/kaeya/barbara/flex is a good idea at some point

Razor/Kaeya/Rosaria/Barbara would be pretty good. Freeze, heal, superconduct with the extra crit rate sounds strong.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Good suggestions, thanks! I think I'll start with the klee team and start gearing that razor team after.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Noelle/Ning/Klee/Jean sounds like it would be fun. I’m running Noelle/Ning/Benny/Anemo Trav rn and having a blast

God think of all the times you'd have to fight that loving earth cube to level several geodudes at once

The thought alone scares me

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

xedo posted:

qiqi, razor, beidou, and kaeya or rosaria depending on whether you want more crit or more cryo application for superconduct

razor is one of the only reasons to use qiqi, might as well go for it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nyoro posted:

God think of all the times you'd have to fight that loving earth cube to level several geodudes at once

geo hypercube fills me with scorching hatred

kater
Nov 16, 2010

still havent gotten childe rolling up sleeves from the trailer

i need childe rolling up sleeves

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Good news: You can get the fragments/chunks for geo from the Perpetual Motion Array. If you want to trade one annoying boss for another.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nyoro posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

geo hypercube fills me with scorching hatred

The way people talk about the geo cube, I assume everyone has a spare 1500$ saved for when Ganyu gets a re-roll.

Personally I find doing the cryo cube way worse.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hydro and anemo cubes are the only ones on my poo poo list

hydro giving special treatment to cryo units is annoying and anemo is still the one you can't one-cycle of the cubes. as long as PMA and Kenki aren't in Abyss they're fine. curious how the new boss will pan out but i gotta farm a poo poo ton of it either way...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

hydro and anemo cubes are the only ones on my poo poo list

hydro giving special treatment to cryo units is annoying and anemo is still the one you can't one-cycle of the cubes. as long as PMA and Kenki aren't in Abyss they're fine. curious how the new boss will pan out but i gotta farm a poo poo ton of it either way...

Oh God you're right, I forgot all about the drat anemo one. I did the hydro and pyro ones just to see how they worked, since I have no characters that needed their materials. Yeah, ice, fire, air, and water all suck.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I don't get the hate for the geo cube? A half assed Noelle is all you need to take down pillars and block all of the damage it can dish out, then just use whoever for DPS once it's vulnerable. It's annoyingly long, but otherwise isn't anything special.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Space Opera posted:

I don't get the hate for the geo cube? A half assed Noelle is all you need to take down pillars and block all of the damage it can dish out, then just use whoever for DPS once it's vulnerable. It's annoyingly long, but otherwise isn't anything special.

It's because there's no loving teleporter near him, mostly. You have to either swim out to his his island each time or run from the dungeon nearby and it's just loving annoying.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

what you do is log out and wait a minute

or it could be useful to drop a teleporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pyrocube is pretty easy if you've got a good hydro carry. Hydrocube spends way too much time invulnerable