Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

That sounds like a recipe for warm raw eggs which sounds possibly like the worst food in the world, if someone had not also invented balut.

It's just barely cooked, so technically not raw :eng101: My white friends do think I'm insane whenever I make eggs though.

I had balut once. Wasn't too bad, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

tribbledirigible posted:

dessert dwarf bread.
Cheap mass market halva already fits this description quite well.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Scarodactyl posted:

Cheap mass market halva already fits this description quite well.

we fight at dawn
I must defend Joyva’s honor

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Tony Hawk lookin' rough.

You'd look rough too if there was an EYE in your beans. Eyes are gross as hell. I've dissected cow eyes and helped with meds and surgeries on cat and dog eyes and it's all gross, it's gross all the way down.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

empty sea posted:

You'd look rough too if there was an EYE in your beans. Eyes are gross as hell. I've dissected cow eyes and helped with meds and surgeries on cat and dog eyes and it's all gross, it's gross all the way down.

PYF Horrible Foods: It's all gross, it's gross all the way down

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

https://twitter.com/FoodInsider/status/1452987647182446604

The food trend of ridiculous amounts of molten cheese pretending to be a sandwich so it's a spectacle when it explodes continues.

I wonder if anyone is ever going to take that trend and serve people like an inflated sheep's bladder full of tomato bisque and demand that you eat it with a fork. Just foods that explode into messy goo other than cheese.

If it was actually a bun replaced with a fried-cheese patty, it would probably be good. That's way too thick and why is the cheese the consistency of eggnog.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
semi topical please go to your nearest Indian grocery and buy some Soan Papdi. It's like someone turned fiberglass insulation into a delicious sweet snack

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aardvark! posted:

semi topical please go to your nearest Indian grocery and buy some Soan Papdi. It's like someone turned fiberglass insulation into a delicious sweet snack

Looks like really flaky halwa. Must be great.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Beautiful and terrifying in its 1970s majesty

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
How do you slice it? Vertically? Horizontally? Do you just rip out a wiener?
I'd probably take a slice

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

TotalLossBrain posted:

How do you slice it? Vertically? Horizontally? Do you just rip out a wiener?
I'd probably take a slice

E-eat it? You don’t eat those things. That’s a lookin at only dish.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

When you slice it open a half pound of sprats in peanut oil pour out on the plate, overflowing onto the table

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Looking at $$$$ restaurants with keyword "experimental"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Is that last one a frozen fish on a net?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can't imagine I'll ever have enough money to go to a $$$$ restaurant and just be happy with a stick, a drop of sauce, one shrimp dick, and some foam

gently caress all of that

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The Bloop posted:

I can't imagine I'll ever have enough money to go to a $$$$ restaurant and just be happy with a stick, a drop of sauce, one shrimp dick, and some foam

gently caress all of that

I don't really like to go to super fancy restaurants but my parents love it so I have been to many with them - they usually serve you like 15 plates like that. I never left anything less than stuffed to the gills from one of those places.

They are still mostly too much of a to do for me to really enjoy though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't tell what is food and what is not tbh.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hallo spacedog posted:

I don't really like to go to super fancy restaurants but my parents love it so I have been to many with them - they usually serve you like 15 plates like that. I never left anything less than stuffed to the gills from one of those places.

They are still mostly too much of a to do for me to really enjoy though.

I used to travel with a per diem and ate a lot of tasting menus by myself, I actually love eating at those places even if I have to dress like an adult. The food sometimes looks inedible and makes me lol but also it's probably all delicious and yeah you get hella full.

Also this one is posted in such a way that it looks like a dish? I have no idea

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

SlothfulCobra posted:

https://twitter.com/FoodInsider/status/1452987647182446604

The food trend of ridiculous amounts of molten cheese pretending to be a sandwich so it's a spectacle when it explodes continues.

I wonder if anyone is ever going to take that trend and serve people like an inflated sheep's bladder full of tomato bisque and demand that you eat it with a fork. Just foods that explode into messy goo other than cheese.

I hate that its on some stupid rear end slate tile bullshit. Just think how much other cheeses have been over that thing and never cleaned properly.

:biglips: or :goatsecx: you dicide.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Bugsy posted:

I hate that its on some stupid rear end slate tile bullshit. Just think how much other cheeses have been over that thing and never cleaned properly.

:biglips: or :goatsecx: you dicide.

no ring. or hands even

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Aardvark! posted:

Also this one is posted in such a way that it looks like a dish? I have no idea

Looks like the precursor ingredients for a dolsot bibimbap perhaps?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
"decostructed" means "here, have some raw ingredients" for twice the price of the finished dish

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

"Nachos".

An entrant from our series "cleanliness is half the food".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In this case it really does look he lost half the food due to uncleanliness

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

sir this is a Lowe's

Oh come the gently caress on

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
I am kicking myself for not photographomg my last AFP thing.
Hungover me ordered the greasiest, cholesteroliest meatzza from pizza hut, and decided to try to kill my arteries with the creme fraiche/Alfredo base instead of pizza sauce. Just full on awful greasy cheesy indulgence.

What arrived was a pizza box with a perfect circle of greasy inedible base, and a big wad of topping congealed together to one side of the box That would slide off any greasy carb triangle I tried to place them on because cream isn't a good structural base for a pizza

So I picked cold, greasy cheesy toppings out of a pizza box with chopsticks, periodically throwing up about it, for about half an hour Until my partner took it away because it was depressing him too much.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Should have gotten Dominos with pizza insurance.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

lol

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Nah dominos don't have ranch anymore and there's nothing I love more than lapping at a thing of ranch with my tongue like a fat white lizard, so if it's down to the big bad 2, it's always pizza hut.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Nah dominos don't have ranch anymore and there's nothing I love more than lapping at a thing of ranch with my tongue like a fat white lizard, so if it's down to the big bad 2, it's always pizza hut.

They have both dominoes ranch and the ken’s brand for side salad

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:cthulhu:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Captain DIEgiene posted:

I can get not liking leftover pasta as much as fresh (not that it stops me :haw:) but I 100% believe that most sauces improve over time as the seasoning gets richer.
Next day chili is the best chili.

If you ever take part in a chili cookoff, the best advice is to make it the day before, refridgerate it overnight, and reheat it the day of the cookoff. Giving the spices and flavors time to mix is important.

Aardvark! posted:

Looking at $$$$ restaurants with keyword "experimental"

The bacon wrapped white mushy stuff is whatever, I can accept Douglas Fir needles as the aromatics because they remind me of Christmas, but what the gently caress are they in? What is that hairy fuzzy half of a trilobite from the Precambrian Era thing that the food is in?

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 15:17 on Oct 29, 2021

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FST5OvlbFc

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

CannonFodder posted:

Next day chili is the best chili.

If you ever take part in a chili cookoff, the best advice is to make it the day before, refridgerate it overnight, and reheat it the day of the cookoff. Giving the spices and flavors time to mix is important.

The bacon wrapped white mushy stuff is whatever, I can accept Douglas Fir needles as the aromatics because they remind me of Christmas, but what the gently caress are they in? What is that hairy fuzzy half of a trilobite from the Precambrian Era thing that the food is in?

It's just a crab. They can grow hair on their carapace and legs.

Shame on you for only eating underage crabs.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

"Nachos".

An entrant from our series "cleanliness is half the food".

Ok. Maybe help me out here, goons.

One of the things that got me to pay for an account was a post detailing how to cook duck confit in the dingiest little closet of a kitchen. Like, in a converted closet within an apartment in Corpus Christi, Texas. Total horrorshow, but the food looked perfect. I made the dish myself and it was good. Anyone remember that? We made it most of the way through the pics before someone said, "WTF is up with your kitchen, you disgusting motherfucker?"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
finally, I can get all my horrible junk food on layaway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

finally, I can get all my horrible junk food on layaway

Laugh all you want, but there have been times in my life where this would have been a lifesaver