Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
imagine caring about sovereign debt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Cat Puke posted:

Going to Mars solves just as many problems as blockchain.

mars is cool tho unlike blockchain. which is why it sucks elon is going there

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

every dumb nerd dweeb hating on space colonization makes me like it more out of spite ngl

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
mars is a dump

a whole goddamn planet without a single tree

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

yeah but what if we launched a rocket with a greenhouse on it and crashed it into mars that would make it green and good for us thank u elon.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Truly the worst part of getting old is realizing that I’m not guaranteed to outlive Elon Musk.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Lady Militant posted:

every dumb nerd dweeb hating on space colonization makes me like it more out of spite ngl

thank you for letting me know you're not going to lie

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Lady Militant posted:

I mean it's a shitload of resources to spend, will take decades to kick off and it's going to benefit a very very small group of people. And any colony is going to probably get ruled by a corporation if not the American government. Like it'd be awesome if the moon got terraformed with a finger snap but that's not how things work.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

No I’ve seen movies we just gotta make a really big tower the puts out a bunch of steam than Daddy ELON will use his brain blockchain to increase the atmosphere bing bong so simple

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Lady Militant posted:

We’re all gonna die before it becomes possible.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Writing a law to exempt billionaires from almost everything and making sure the name spells out the acronym BONER

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Lady Militant posted:

colonizing Mars is dumb as poo poo. there is a reason barely anyone talked about it seriously before musk made it his thing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Words cannot express my contempt

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Gravitywelluires falling for the trap that is a planet; Belterlowda where it's at

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Musk will launch a dozen volunteers to Mars then spend the money on deepfakes of them to make them seem alive and keeping updates when they've been dead two months into space travel.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

I don't think he's mentally unsound due to age yet because he's usually pretty sharp but I think he's constructing all of this in his head because otherwise if the stock market was wrong and irrational then the whole world (and especially his pension fund) would be constantly at risk of financial collapse and he doesn't want to entertain that idea because it would scare him too much

of course the stock market being total bullshit doesn't mean it would magically collapse if people realized that, the people who use it as a money making scheme wouldn't let that happen

It's possible he has a community of people on Facebook or something who tell him all this stuff.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mars is good.

FOR ME TO POOP ON

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Lady Militant posted:

mars is dumb as poo poo, op

oh wow a huge dead lifeless rock with no atmosphere or magnetosphere where I can die from radiation poisoning while working to build a pyramid for elong, definitely can’t wait to go there bazinga love the planet

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

tokin opposition posted:

Gravitywelluires falling for the trap that is a planet; Belterlowda where it's at

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

“I’m saving humanity!”

*types ‘58008’ into a calculator turns it upside-down*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

just nuke the core a few times to restart mars bing bong so simple

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mars is cringe

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I've yet to see Musk propose a solution to the toxic ultra-fine dust coating Mars. So I say send him there and then let his "genius brain" figure it out. SURELY he's up to it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I'll take "What is hexavalent chromium for $200, Alex."

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
mars colonization is real I saw a book cover once where a guy was on mars smoking a cigarette

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Casey Finnigan posted:

mars colonization is real I saw a book cover once where a guy was on mars smoking a cigarette

:hmmyes:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
maaaan i miss smoking

it'd probably kill me tho

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Nucleic Acids posted:

We’re all gonna die before it becomes possible.

:(

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Lady Militant posted:

Mars is for helicopters and other cool little robots.
Only earth is for people.

I wish space telescopes looked more like dicks so the zottarich would be competitive about them instead.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Please let me die. every day I beg

read the text below my avatar

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

A Russian troll farm posted:

read the text below my avatar

all the best poo poo is right there in the bible, but you can't say so without looking like an rear end in a top hat

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

america deserves to be destroyed and/or dominated by china/russia/anyone

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sir Tonk posted:

america deserves to be destroyed and/or dominated by china/russia/anyone

I have never strung the words, "slavelike nationalist masochism" together before but here we are

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

If you’re gonna make that joke at least go all the way, don’t be a lil bitch. Community Learning Institute of Texas. Academy of Nature, Agriculture, and Literature.

They had to rename the Antonin Scalia School of Law before it opened

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
libertarian techbro, who wants to escape to mars and ignore all earth laws, is very concerned with national debt, and wants to cut spending :hmmyes:

eath is doomed because governments spend too much. won't make that mistake again, on mars.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pamela Springstein posted:

libertarian techbro, who wants to escape to mars and ignore all earth laws, is very concerned with national debt, and wants to cut spending :hmmyes:

eath is doomed because governments spend too much. won't make that mistake again, on mars.

you had me at "libertarian techbro" :allears:

i love elong AND science!!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Desert Bus posted:

I'll take "What is hexavalent chromium for $200, Alex."

love the mars though

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003